PDA

View Full Version : Other players disappearing in Siege/Invasion

Adage
02-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Sometimes when I'm in an invasion or a siege every other player will just disappear around me and on my minimap. It seems to happen in later stages when there is a lot of enemies spawning but I've also seen it happen when there's only 6 bulwarks around too. I've read that it might be due to culling or latency issues but I don't know for sure. Adjusting the proxy memory up in the settings seemed to help a little but it still happens. Does anyone have any experience with this issue or a fix for it?

Dixie Cougar
02-05-2015, 12:13 PM
The game is trying not to overtax the client. It's annoying but I don't really know of a counter for it.

The implementation could be better--it should cull purple dots first, then blue, never green. That way you can at least look out for your group members.

alienstookmybeer
02-05-2015, 12:16 PM
I've never seen the cause officially acknowledged, but I'm convinced it has to do with the ground loot drops from enemy kills taking up memory. Sometimes I'll make a sweep of the ground drops in the middle of the fight and after I pick up a bunch the players re-appear.

They should look into ways to minimize or remove ground drops because of this issue. There's no need for scrip and salvage to lay on the ground taking up memory. I'd rather just see scrip, salvage, grenades, spikes, and stims automatically added into my inventory to reduce the chances of allies disappearing.

JohnTW
02-05-2015, 01:17 PM
I love this feature, when there are 20+ players in the same area my game start getting lagging...
Then all the sudden poof, all players are gone, no lag, just smooth playing experience!

I really hope Trion will add a quick key feature that can turn off players in-game, so when I don't want to see other player, I just make then disappear...

Phobos9000
02-05-2015, 03:20 PM
I've never seen the cause officially acknowledged, but I'm convinced it has to do with the ground loot drops from enemy kills taking up memory. Sometimes I'll make a sweep of the ground drops in the middle of the fight and after I pick up a bunch the players re-appear.

They should look into ways to minimize or remove ground drops because of this issue. There's no need for scrip and salvage to lay on the ground taking up memory. I'd rather just see scrip, salvage, grenades, spikes, and stims automatically added into my inventory to reduce the chances of allies disappearing.

I've noticed this as well. When a lot of ammo, scrip, ect, is out laying around, combined with all the players and the mass of enemies, things will (players in this case) momentarily vanish until the loot is cleaned up.

BC001
02-05-2015, 03:51 PM
I have seen it happen even without a lot of loot on the ground, though I suppose that could be from the sheer amount of people at very crowded events.

Niner82
02-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Happened during Solstice Strike Arkfalls too.