PDA

View Full Version : Simple questions for the people complaining about blast rifles

Ryker Vorton
02-05-2015, 04:55 PM
I am being serious here, not joking, not trolling, just really courious about it.

So, everyone and each of you complaining about them:

The boosted blast rifles patch was available on PTS two weeks ago.

Did you bothered to go in there and actually test them to find out any possible unbalances and properly report them to the devs to work it out?

Or you just waited for it to be on the live servers and just came to disrupt the forums later?

The PTS is there for a reason: to test stuff before it goes live, that's the proper time to evaluate the effects it may have when the changes are implemented.

We tested it quite thoroughly, I myself compared its performance with several other ARs and it was very very much in line with them and turned from being a trash weapon to be a desirable one because it is fun to use it, specially on certain situations when what you need is to spray bullets on small targets, i prefer a FRC AR over it without hesitation if i need to have precision on tough targets, but it is now my first choice to clean up hellbugs (up to warriors) and little scrappers.

On PVP my guess is that the only real problem is that it may pretty much nullify the bunny/cangaroo "tactics" used in there so oftenly, in that case, it was about time someone did something about it. Time to develop a new "tactic" and there is a new challenge for all those asking for new challenges in the game.

Maybe now more people will realize the importance of the test server and the great chance we all have to help improve the game by having public access to it.

cmpowell
02-05-2015, 05:13 PM
I'm just tired of everyone always complain about op weapons in pvp. no one ever says thats to op for pve, lol

Ryker Vorton
02-05-2015, 08:35 PM
I'm just tired of everyone always complain about op weapons in pvp. no one ever says thats to op for pve, lol

I guess it has to do with the differential on power between player weapons vs npc's weapons, while they can kill you in very few shots you need a lot more to kill them, and they comes in large numbers against one, so i think we wont ever hear of a PVE op weapon until there is one that can swoop them faster than lightspeed lol On the other hand, i think the PVE players really don't care about it.

Now, seeing the amount of views on the thread and the lack of answers, i guess it is pretty accurate to assume that none of those complaining ever cared to test the weapons on the PTS at all, it would seem it is easier to troll the forums instead.

dremora ven0m
02-05-2015, 08:52 PM
I got a piper as a reward from the SS event & I liked it then, infact it was my main weapon up until I got a hellfire smg which is now my main weapon n piper is on my volge/wm loadout!
I have no complaints about it gettng a buff.
as for pvp haha i get msgs from cf users because my shotty (a partridge) 1 or 2 shots them!

I only started playing the week before the SS event hence limited weapons (hellfire a gift from clan) & just the 2 loadouts so far

BC001
02-05-2015, 09:15 PM
In all fairness a lot of the sudden complainers when things come out on live seem to be console players who cannot access pts.

That said, in this particular case the re-balancing of the blast rifle to something that works is very welcome. I never used to use them much because so often it took hosing a single target down with whole clips to kill them which was not at all efficient.

Cyripax NeoPrime
02-05-2015, 11:45 PM
Dont forget console players dont have access to pts (unless they play on pc as well) sadly theres a large portion of the community who dont even know about the pts either. Its not fair to assume all of them are just procrastinators, lol.

Eleni
02-06-2015, 02:06 AM
Before patch people were not happy with either.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?178354-mazu-blast-rifle-any-good&highlight=mazu

Idont konw what they need to be happy. I loved VOTS before (didnt wait on piper ****), and i still love em whatever you buff, nerf.

90% players were saying They were crap/worse ARs.
Since Piper (OMG a NAMED ASSAULT RIFLE!!!) i started to see a bit more players usin it (for real fun or to show they have a named weapon, i dunno tho)
Now it has been "lined up", it will be the epic quest for a cannoner Flash Rifle?

FRC Sawed-off, VOTs AR, Mazus, FRC Heavy AC,... are infamous weapons.
Personally i love em and i have a very good panel of very good of them (they were so cheap :P)

Fallen_Aingeal
02-06-2015, 02:33 AM
Actually, anybody can access the PTS as long as they have a computer. The leader of my clan participates in most of the PTS. I know of a few others that do as well.

They find things and let us{the clan} know, as several don't use the forum.

Praxus07
02-06-2015, 05:09 AM
Not Everyone with a PC can play the pts either. My PC is ten years old, and has never been used for gaming. Defiance probably wouldn't even run on it, but I've never liked PC gaming anyway so even if by some chance it could run it, I wouldn't.

konstantinov
02-06-2015, 05:27 AM
Actually, anybody can access the PTS as long as they have a computer. The leader of my clan participates in most of the PTS. I know of a few others that do as well.

They find things and let us{the clan} know, as several don't use the forum.

PTS isn't mac compatible which is unfortunate for me.

Ryker Vorton
02-06-2015, 08:47 AM
I perfectly understand that some may be from different platforms, though I seriously doubdt that all of the complainers lacks access to a PC to enter the PTS, I will not name names (that's against the rules) but I've seen some of them on PC though.

KILLSHOT707
02-06-2015, 01:23 PM
Dont forget console players dont have access to pts (unless they play on pc as well) sadly theres a large portion of the community who dont even know about the pts either. Its not fair to assume all of them are just procrastinators, lol.
I would think there is a computer in most households these days. Other wise why do they have internet? Just to play there consoles? I would say most do not care to help or are to lazy. It is far more easy to complain here.