PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION! EXPERIENCED PLAYERS! Enemy weakness loadout guide

OMERTA
02-06-2015, 06:16 AM
There are many WM loadout guides on this here forum, little is said about specific enemies and their weaknesses, therefore I would really enjoy to be a part of putting together this guide for people to be able to have the right tools for the job, so to say.

So if anyone is interested in helping just write a pm or in the thread, there will be alot of cut n paste.

But try to keep it formal

Ex
DARK MATTER
BULWARK
WEAKNESS

And a perk/power loadout that covers the Darkmatter enemy group
Since a perk/power loadout for each enemy is pointless to make.

And if there were to be multiple loadouts for one group we will put in the best ones, since different loadouts fits different people/play styles.

Thank you everyone!

dremora ven0m
02-06-2015, 06:25 AM
There are many WM loadout guides on this here forum, little is said about specific enemies and their weaknesses, therefore I would really enjoy to be a part of putting together this guide for people to be able to have the right tools for the job, so to say.

So if anyone is interested in helping just write a pm or in the thread, there will be alot of cut n paste.

But try to keep it formal

Ex
DARK MATTER
BULWARK
WEAKNESS

And a perk/power loadout that covers the Darkmatter enemy group
Since a perk/power loadout for each enemy is pointless to make.

And if there were to be multiple loadouts for one group we will put in the best ones, since different loadouts fits different people/play styles.

Thank you everyone!

I find all enemies have a weakness in common!

Eleni
02-06-2015, 06:25 AM
Warmaster loadout works for pretty everything. If you equip the common sense perk.

Other loadout might be a PVP loadout, which cant request a guide.

All other loadouts are chillout ones. I dont think a bullwalk requires a loadout just for himself.

Enemies weakness: Bio/Plateslicer and/or critik hits.

Bentu
02-06-2015, 06:32 AM
Bio Assault Rifle or Saw to take down the plates, spam bio/shrill grenades and then shoot crit with Fire/Rad AR or Saw, Blackened Hellfire works wonders and heals you.

OMERTA
02-06-2015, 06:50 AM
I did not say bulwark needed a special loadout it was just an example.

What I am after is something like, the raiders for example are weak to fire and hence you should have incinedary weapons and a loadout with power/perks fitting these weapons.

Eleni
02-06-2015, 06:59 AM
Warmaster loadout works for pretty everything. If you equip the common sense perk.

Enemies weakness: Bio/Plateslicer and/or critik hits.

For What nano is effective againt "what" : http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=15

You can add nano perk if you have access to them. I dont use it.

OMERTA
02-06-2015, 07:56 AM
That is good, but that plus which enemy groups that are more vulnerable to each nano = much better :)

Belle Starr
02-06-2015, 08:06 AM
Oh, I want to play! :D

Hellbug
Warrior
Shoot it in the butt! If it's mouth is open, that's good 2 (as EGO tells you at Happy POW farms) but the butt is even better! It blows up in no time if u do! :)

Oops! Not what u had in mind? Sorry OMERTA ! I'll go now! :(

Eleni
02-06-2015, 08:06 AM
Enemies with shields = Volges / 99' / DM = bio/PS for plates, elec for shield, fire for health.
Enemies without shields = hellbugs / raiders / mutants / bullwalk / bosses = bio/PS for plates, fire for health.
PvP = Armor penetration = 1 shot = Radiation

So at extreme point,

Bio Assault Rifle or Saw to take down the plates, spam bio/shrill grenades and then shoot crit with Fire/Rad AR or Saw, Blackened Hellfire works wonders and heals you.

Sorry but if you want to restrict to efficiency thats it.

crazyged
02-06-2015, 08:44 AM
Bio's still my all-round go to synergy.

My Bio Needler does the trick against WM and Dark Matter forces and pretty much anything else, for that matter.

Do like fire as well, though...

Cygnus
02-06-2015, 08:52 AM
I think its a cool idea.I have on looked for player guides and character build examples for the game . The guides are less reliable because the game evolves and information becomes out dated. A weakness guide could be usefull to new people and may suprise some vets who think they already know everything.im all for it and look forward to it.can you include characture build or is that prohibited.good luck!

Keeper Riff
02-06-2015, 01:02 PM
Bio Heavy Assault Carbine with reload bonus + Crit barrel + 3 Burst Mag + Commando scope.
Overcharge + Overload + Single Minded + Pumped Up + TimeOut.
Any Bio or Radiation pistol or shotgun in case you're out of AR ammo.
Aim for crit spots where possible.

Kills everything.

Untamed1
02-06-2015, 01:49 PM
It isn't really so complicated that it needs a guide per enemy. Most enemies have crit spots, that is the weakness you should be exploiting.

For nano effects:

Biological
- For heavily armored targets (5+ plates) and CC clusters of enemies. Bio grenades and Sludge RL work best for clusters.

Electrical
- For removing shields, stunning enemies, very low damage DoT. I find that only Volge even warrant the extra shield damage. Flashbang grenades are the most reliable stun, but usually isn't worth it as there are plenty of other ways to survive. If Intimidation worked on electric stun, it would be a viable function.

Incendiary
- For peak crit damage on unshielded targets, burning Dot, and occasional CC. The Northstar Flare, VBI GL-X Incinerator, and Pyro grenades are best for clusters of enemies.

Radiation
- For lightly armored targets, damage buff, low damage DoT. This is the best general purpose nano, that works well across all enemies.

Syphon
- Passively leeches and procs a chunk of damage. Decent of you want to be tanky in a pack of enemies, just note that BMG healing is generally stronger if you need actual healing. Just think of it as passive damage reduction as long as you are shooting targets. No enemies really warrant using it, but it lets you play lazy and never dodge or use cover. Should be valuable for Expeditions.

whit
02-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Enemies with shields = Volges / 99' / DM = bio/PS for plates, elec for shield, fire for health.
Enemies without shields = hellbugs / raiders / mutants / bullwalk / bosses = bio/PS for plates, fire for health.
PvP = Armor penetration = 1 shot = Radiation

Everybody has their own favourite methods, but I think Eleni has generalised it nicely. If you are really lazy like me, just use fire.

SirServed
02-06-2015, 02:35 PM
With the exception of the Warmaster, shooting an enemy in the head ignores any and all Armor Plates it has. With that known, shooting enemies in not the face would fall under these guidelines:
Fire is good for anything without a Shield and bad for anything with a Shield. Less effective than Radiation on things with more than 3 Armor Plates.
Radiation is good for anything with Armor Plates and less effective than Fire on things with less than 4 Armor Plates.
Bio is good for anything with Armor Plates but is less effective than Radiation on targets with less than 6 Armor Plates.
Electric is good for anything with a Shield and bad for anything once the Shield drops.
Syphon is good as long as you need to be healed for whatever reason.
Explosives are good for anything that has a low amount of health or groups of enemies.
Ground Pounder Explosives are good for anything that has a ridiculous amount of health and:
1) Can't reliably be crit.
2) Is large.
3) Has little or no mobility.

Enemy specific strategy:
All Mutants: Shoot in face.

Hellbug Skitterlings: Shoot.
Hellbug Warrior: Shoot. Shoot in rear end to kill faster.
Hellbug Archer: Shoot.
Hellbug Monarch: Shoot. Shoot under belly to kill faster. Shoot in exposed rear to kill faster.
Hellbug Matron: Shoot in face.

Raider Blitzer and Blaster: Shoot in face.
Raider Rioter: Shoot with explosive, shoot in head.
Raider Tanker: Shoot in tank until he kneels then shoot in face or just shoot in tank repeatedly.
Raider Hulker: Shoot. Shoot in head when brain is exposed.
Dekuso: Shoot or explode him until he dies.

99ers: Shoot in face.
The Motherlode: Shoot in knee caps and shoot in stomach. Shoot in shoulder cores and shoot in stomach. Repeat until it dies.

Dark Matter Enforcer and Monitor: Shoot in face.
Dark Matter Monitor (Barrier up): Shoot with explosives. Throw Grenade to force it down. Shoot in face.
Dark Matter Bulwark: Shoot. Shoot in Rocket ports when they open.
Daig: Shoot in face.

Scrapper Mongrels: Shoot.
Scrapper Omnivolt: Shoot in eye. Shoot in exposed area when weak.
Scrapper Helibot: Shoot. Shoot red exposed area when it lands with a high Crit weapon.
Scrapper Forge: Shoot in lights on its tail. Shoot in eye when it opens.
Scrapper Progenitor: Shoot with high Crit weapon.

Pilgrims: Shoot in face.

Volge Trooper and Bomber: Shoot in Face
Volge Viscera and Huntmaster: Shoot in face. Shoot anywhere when it turns blue as you will always crit.
Volge Hunter Drone: Shoot.
Volge Warmaster: Shoot in Armor Hardpoint until it breaks. Shoot exposed area with high Crit weapon until it dies.

Forgive me if I missed anything, but you should get the general idea.

Dixie Cougar
02-06-2015, 02:39 PM
^This, although I prefer to shoot bombers center of mass as they can be crit there as well and a miss is more likely to still hit somewhere.

CowdBlud
02-06-2015, 03:45 PM
so shooting in the face is a good thing then :D

Dixie Cougar
02-06-2015, 04:16 PM

Sure is! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnAOH8wXogw)

Atticus Batman
02-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Ooooh I love Face Mcshooty!

I love how he always thanks me when I destroy his head! Quite satisfying! :D

Graywolfe
02-06-2015, 09:17 PM
The Motherlode: Shoot in knee caps and shoot in stomach. Shoot in shoulder cores and shoot in stomach. Repeat until it dies.

Hmmm didn't know about the knee caps, i have always aimed for the stomach good to know.

Belle Starr
02-06-2015, 11:08 PM

Unless it's a Hellbug Warrior (or Monarch after it makes an attack and lifts its tail plates), then it's best to SHOOT IT IN THE BUTT!!!! :D

OMERTA
02-07-2015, 05:19 AM
With the exception of the Warmaster, shooting an enemy in the head ignores any and all Armor Plates it has. With that known, shooting enemies in not the face would fall under these guidelines:
Fire is good for anything without a Shield and bad for anything with a Shield. Less effective than Radiation on things with more than 3 Armor Plates.
Radiation is good for anything with Armor Plates and less effective than Fire on things with less than 4 Armor Plates.
Bio is good for anything with Armor Plates but is less effective than Radiation on targets with less than 6 Armor Plates.
Electric is good for anything with a Shield and bad for anything once the Shield drops.
Syphon is good as long as you need to be healed for whatever reason.
Explosives are good for anything that has a low amount of health or groups of enemies.
Ground Pounder Explosives are good for anything that has a ridiculous amount of health and:
1) Can't reliably be crit.
2) Is large.
3) Has little or no mobility.

Enemy specific strategy:
All Mutants: Shoot in face.

Hellbug Skitterlings: Shoot.
Hellbug Warrior: Shoot. Shoot in rear end to kill faster.
Hellbug Archer: Shoot.
Hellbug Monarch: Shoot. Shoot under belly to kill faster. Shoot in exposed rear to kill faster.
Hellbug Matron: Shoot in face.

Raider Blitzer and Blaster: Shoot in face.
Raider Rioter: Shoot with explosive, shoot in head.
Raider Tanker: Shoot in tank until he kneels then shoot in face or just shoot in tank repeatedly.
Raider Hulker: Shoot. Shoot in head when brain is exposed.
Dekuso: Shoot or explode him until he dies.

99ers: Shoot in face.

Dark Matter Enforcer and Monitor: Shoot in face.
Dark Matter Monitor (Barrier up): Shoot with explosives. Throw Grenade to force it down. Shoot in face.
Dark Matter Bulwark: Shoot. Shoot in Rocket ports when they open.
Daig: Shoot in face.

Scrapper Mongrels: Shoot.
Scrapper Omnivolt: Shoot in eye. Shoot in exposed area when weak.
Scrapper Helibot: Shoot. Shoot red exposed area when it lands with a high Crit weapon.
Scrapper Forge: Shoot in lights on its tail. Shoot in eye when it opens.
Scrapper Progenitor: Shoot with high Crit weapon.

Pilgrims: Shoot in face.

Volge Trooper and Bomber: Shoot in Face
Volge Viscera and Huntmaster: Shoot in face. Shoot anywhere when it turns blue as you will always crit.
Volge Hunter Drone: Shoot.
Volge Warmaster: Shoot in Armor Hardpoint until it breaks. Shoot exposed area with high Crit weapon until it dies.

Forgive me if I missed anything, but you should get the general idea.

This is GOOD

OMERTA
02-07-2015, 05:20 AM
Unless it's a Hellbug Warrior (or Monarch after it makes an attack and lifts its tail plates), then it's best to SHOOT IT IN THE BUTT!!!! :D

You Buttfixated Belle Girl ^^

Bentu
02-07-2015, 05:48 AM

YQ643U7ccpM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ643U7ccpM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

otonagamer
02-07-2015, 05:48 AM

Bell, I think it's not a butt but a tail of Hellbug Warrior... :)

This is GOOD

I think he's joking :)

Here's some real tricks you can use:
Any cluster horde which chases you(Hellbug, Afflicted, Grid etc...):
Use manual Detonator with Blast Shield and Deadly Cascade. Place them like mines. Let the horde chase you. You run across the mines then blow them behind you. Put Velocity +3 mod to Detonators to get better trajectory.

Hellbug Monarch:
Use Cluster Shot, Northstar Flare or Detonator and aim between legs and under its belly. If you can squeeze the bomb there, it alway gives you crit damage. Put Velocity +3 mod to Detonators to get better trajectory.

Raider Rioter: Smack the shield and shoot point blank in the face. Saw and grenade make them lower the shields.

Grid: They are weak against Blade. They chase you in a horde so Jump Attack is effective.

OMERTA
02-07-2015, 07:43 AM
yq643u7ccpm&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq643u7ccpm&feature=youtube_gdata_player

haha shoot it in the butt!

OMERTA
02-07-2015, 07:44 AM
butt but a tail

Butt butt butt but :) haha jk but it was funny ^^

Belle Starr
02-07-2015, 11:36 AM

Hmmmm.... MAYBE! :rolleyes:

And that video! SO funny! :D

Atticus Batman
02-07-2015, 05:10 PM

What's wrong with liking butt?!

Cyripax NeoPrime
02-07-2015, 06:42 PM
No, I like "shoot em in the butt!"

It just sounds right,lol. And much funnier

Bacon Overlord
02-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Not to pull this back on-topic, but the listing made was very good. Thanks for that.

Generally, aim for the head and you're doing better than 50% of the people in most events (since they are there to either get points or level weapons anyway)... HIT the head and you're doing better than about 90% of the people in most events....

OMERTA
02-08-2015, 08:38 AM
What's wrong with liking butt?!

But I like butts too but Belle is using the butt of the pulser, but instead of butting it she should be shooting it in the butt?
But do you understand the buttons in abutt to push? The sensitive button..

This got soo out of control sry

But.....

otonagamer
02-10-2015, 02:16 AM
Oh no, Colony Courtship event has started and all I do is shooting in the butt! SHOOTING IN THE BUTT!!!

crazyged
02-10-2015, 03:13 AM
I'm extremely concerned about this obsession with butts...

Mmmmmmmm!

OMERTA
02-10-2015, 05:54 AM
Colony Buttship
I need a purple crackshot pounder

crazyged
02-10-2015, 09:50 AM
Colony Buttship
I need a purple crackshot pounder

Sounds like my sniper - the splitcrack...

OMERTA
02-10-2015, 11:46 AM
That was what I was going for thought it would be funnier with a butt pounder ^^ the sniper would be a Nutshot Ballter