PDA

View Full Version : Hellbug Season is Here: February 9-22

Scapes
02-06-2015, 02:51 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/02/29-wuv_blog.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/02/06/hellbug-season-is-here-february-9-22)

Love is in the air, ark hunters. Hellbug love, that is, and from February 9-22, it’s up to you to nip it in the bud!

Keep an eye out for new Colony Courtship arkfalls bringing Valentine’s “presents” galore crashing to Earth:
- Battle through arkfalls for a chance to find an exclusive Heartbreaker weapon or mod.
- The Heartbreaker synergy specializes in defense by providing effects that occur when your shield or armor break and a faster self-revive recharge rate, making it love at first sight for expeditions!
- Look for one of three unique titles to drop from minor and major arkfalls.
- Complete arkfalls for a chance to collect an exotic new Pith Helmet hat.

If you just can’t get your fill of new weapons, mods, or outfits, head to the store to pick up a Heartbreaker Supply Crate. Within you may find the unique Night Porter outfit or any of three new pieces of headgear: the Pith Helmet, the Hellbug Tooth Hat, and the Hellbug Stalker!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/02/06/hellbug-season-is-here-february-9-22)

Alliiara
02-06-2015, 03:03 PM
Wait- I thought you could get the night porter outfit from completing major arkfalls? Everything I have read about the event said this. Has this changed? :/

Complete major arkfalls for a chance to collect the special “Night Porter” outfit

Mr666
02-06-2015, 03:22 PM
Wait- I thought you could get the night porter outfit from completing major arkfalls? Everything I have read about the event said this. Has this changed? :/I was hoping that to but that might be only for PTS

Fuzzy
02-06-2015, 03:26 PM
I don't think the outfit was ever avaliable on PTS, I may be wrong though.

It is! I got it out of a store box on PTS.

Alliiara
02-06-2015, 03:27 PM
It is! I got it out of a store box on PTS.

I just looked it up and deleted my post (hoping that no one had seen it :P). :)
I really hope they haven't put it only inside a lockbox :/
**Confirmed- Lockbox only :/

cmpowell
02-06-2015, 04:25 PM
are they going to post the confirmed named weapons like they did for the other events? I mean it starts monday and all

Gai
02-06-2015, 05:07 PM
are they going to post the confirmed named weapons like they did for the other events? I mean it starts monday and all

They're on defiancedata already with images.

Atticus Batman
02-06-2015, 06:24 PM
What happened to getting outfits as rewards?!

Defiance 2.600 to PTS: Colony Courtship! [Went Live 02/04/2015]

Hi PTS'ers

PTS is now up, and unlocked, with our next event active - Colony Courtship!

Love is in the air, ark hunters! Hellbug love, that is. It’s time to put a stop to it. Keep an eye out for “Colony Courtship” arkfalls for your chance to pick up exclusive “Heartbreaker” weapons and mods. The deadly Heartbreaker synergy specializes in cracking open armored opponents and encouraging team play. Complete major arkfalls for a chance to collect the special “Night Porter” outfit and an array of exotic new hats: the Hellbug Tooth Hat, the the Pith Helmet, and the Hellbug Stalker. And look for one of three unique titles to drop from minor and major arkfalls!

If you just can’t get your fill of Heartbreaker weapons, mods, or outfits, head to the store to pick up a Heartbreaker Supply Crate for some extra gear!

Oh I see, Scapes added it as an afterthought with NO clarification!

http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/02/29-wuv_blog.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/02/06/hellbug-season-is-here-february-9-22)

Love is in the air, ark hunters. Hellbug love, that is, and from February 9-22, it’s up to you to nip it in the bud!

Keep an eye out for new Colony Courtship arkfalls bringing Valentine’s “presents” galore crashing to Earth:
- Battle through arkfalls for a chance to find an exclusive Heartbreaker weapon or mod.
- The Heartbreaker synergy specializes in cracking open armored opponents, making it love at first sight for co-op players!
- Look for one of three unique titles to drop from minor and major arkfalls.
- Complete major arkfalls for a chance to collect an array of exotic new hats.

If you just can’t get your fill of new weapons, mods, or outfits, head to the store to pick up a Heartbreaker Supply Crate. Within you may find the unique Night Porter outfit or any of three new pieces of headgear: the Pith Helmet, the Hellbug Tooth Hat, and the Hellbug Stalker!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/02/06/hellbug-season-is-here-february-9-22)

We want clarification and the ability to get the Night Porter outfit as random reward, like it was originally advertised!!!!

Scapes
02-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Wait- I thought you could get the night porter outfit from completing major arkfalls? Everything I have read about the event said this. Has this changed? :/

Unfortunately yes, this has changed from the original PTS implementation.

ShatterST4R
02-06-2015, 07:24 PM

So no outfit without spending cash? If so that's lame.

Rashere
02-06-2015, 08:02 PM
So no outfit without spending cash? If so that's lame.

Works the same as previous events. The Pith Helmet is available in-game from minor and major arkfalls, but the other cosmetic items are store box only.

Mister Derpenhowser
02-06-2015, 08:17 PM
That sucks that you've decided to change that mere days before release. Shame on you trion, shame on you...

Dixie Cougar
02-06-2015, 08:17 PM
I'd much prefer they monetize cosmetics over named weapons, just sayin'.

Nunda
02-06-2015, 08:19 PM
I just looked it up and deleted my post (hoping that no one had seen it :P). :)
I really hope they haven't put it only inside a lockbox :/
**Confirmed- Lockbox only :/

Alliiara, I'll give you my Heartbreaker Supply Crate code that I got from the Twitch streaming event today. I'm not really into cosmetics to be honest and you wanted it more than I did in the first place :) I might be playing something else in 2 months as I get easily bored so I think it would be better suited for someone like you ;)

Send me a PM if you are interested ^^

Mister Derpenhowser
02-06-2015, 08:19 PM
I'd much prefer they monetize cosmetics over named weapons, just sayin'.

After weeks of looking forward to the chance of a free outfit only to be slapped with pay only last minute is not cool imo.

Claydough
02-06-2015, 08:34 PM
um, wheres all the listed named weapons and outfit pictures?

cmpowell
02-06-2015, 08:39 PM
They're on defiancedata already with images.

I believe those are ones pulled from the pts thread. i was looking for more of the trion official so I could see if any of the rolls changed

ShatterST4R
02-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Works the same as previous events. The Pith Helmet is available in-game from minor and major arkfalls, but the other cosmetic items are store box only.

Yes I understand that some are only from lockboxes.. But from what I understand every event has had one drop outfit..

RNG is so terrible I wouldn't waste money trying to get the outfit. Can't believe people waste bits trying to get outfits.

Dixie Cougar
02-06-2015, 09:08 PM
After weeks of looking forward to the chance of a free outfit only to be slapped with pay only last minute is not cool imo.

Yeah, I hear ya there.

I think this was a financially driven decision possibly made very recently and realistically the execs have to make such decisions now and then. If the alternative is RNG hell for named weapons then I think this is better.

SanCarioca
02-06-2015, 09:11 PM

Scapes, PhantasieTrion, Rashere:

I love Defiance, and I truly value the efforts of the Defiance team.

The way I see this debacle, you have made an honest mistake: you promised an outfit to drop for free from a major event, then you realized it would hurt you very badly in Lockbox sales.

But people in the forums have been reading and trusting this promise for some time now, and are rightly frustrated for this change of heart. But here's my point: only *we* know about this (Shhh!)

I am a witness that you have done the right thing before in this kind of situations, and I trust you will do the right thing now. I will just ask you that you think about a way to amend this, with a suggestion in the way that the forums are just a very small part of your population, but they might be that most loyal part, that enhances the game with critics and suggestions (at least, you certainly value those who manage to do that constructively).

You don't even need to fix this *now*, but I'd suggest you think about a way to give your forum users the same shot at the outfits they would otherwise have by completing arkfalls. I don't know how this could be done. You could pull user names from the forums and enable only them to compete for the outfits in game, something like that (but I understand this could not be feasible at all). Or make a draw exclusively among forum players that sign-up for it (Defiance Data could help about this, if I'm not being too forward about saying it).

The important part is that you would not have to make the outfits available as drops for *everyone* in the game, since, the way I see it, you have never advertised it would be like this to the general public of the game. You only said that here, in the forums.

This would make the chance at the outfits to be available only to our small audience, and I'd like to think that would not hurt your sales.

I never got a Pumpkin Head from the first event, and I'm ok with this, but at least, I had a chance at that. All I'm asking is that you think about it.

Bentu
02-06-2015, 09:22 PM
This game is either f2p or it isn't and that includes the rewards.

Atticus Batman
02-06-2015, 09:37 PM
You've let us believe for the last month that we would actually be able to have a chance at getting the Night Porter outfit as an event reward. It is really stupid to just now change it. Keep it as a reward and lickbox item, and add a different outfit to the stupid bit only boxes, if you insist on an outfit that can only be earned from those boxes. However i still think you should add a way for us to buy any of the bit boxes with in-game currency.

Atticus Batman
02-06-2015, 09:41 PM

Perhaps but you have advertised for a month that the Night Porter would be a reward item. And I am guessing if you did a poll asking if people want the Night Porter outfit or a crappy Pith Helmet as a reward item, The Night Porter would win by a landslide!

Chump Norris
02-06-2015, 09:46 PM
I know the feeling of being told one thing and them doing another (Zagger)

I feel bad for the people that really wanted the outfit and all the diff headgear.

EDIT: The next event maybe you could let people vote for the cosmetic item that will drop from Arkfalls.

Mister Derpenhowser
02-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Bad business decisions all round tbh. The pay to play alcatraz isn't going down well either. One more kick in the teeth and I'm sure you'll lose some income if you haven't already.

Atticus Batman
02-06-2015, 09:50 PM
Bad business decisions all round tbh. The pay to play alcatraz isn't going down well either. One more kick in the teeth and I'm sure you'll lose some income if you haven't already.

Rumor is those Hunter credits will be needed for Private matches, such as a Private WarMaster as well.

PhantasieTrion
02-06-2015, 10:14 PM
Hi Everyone

I can understand your frustration here, but please consider this. I have said many, many times that what goes to PTS is not final, nor should you consider it to be the same as what will end up on live. In fact, in that specific post I even said:

Important note about this patch: This is NOT the final Colony Courtship patch. For example: The drops/itemization are not final, and the Heartbreaker weapons do not have thier final skins. The store does not yet have the Heartbreaker box, and the outfits and headgear are not active.

The discussion in this thread is why I keep saying the above in every post. (Im sure you can argue semantics about my use of "final", but thats not an argument I want to have :) )

Todays Alcatraz post says it again:

These notes are not final, nor are they complete. Notes could be missing, or incorrect. We felt the benefit of getting Alcatraz to PTS for the players to try out in advance outweighed the downside of potentially incorrect or missing patch notes. Please keep this in mind if you think something important changed!

PTS is a test server. There is no guarantee that what goes to it will match live.

Finally, we caught that the outfit was incorrectly listed as a reward on PTS not long after that original post. I was certain I went back and modified the post at that point, but sadly I checked now and I didn't. Thats my fault, and I'm sorry for that.

--Phantasie

Belle Starr
02-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Darn it Devs, my whole Frontier News coverage centered on Lady and Belle competing on getting that outfit first at the arkfalls for their respective boy friends! Now it's got to center on a bunch of hellbugs mating!?!?!? Not very romantic for Valentines Day! Neither is a pith helmet! Geez! Now I got no story to tell! :(

To say I'm disappointed that the "rewarding chase" won't include that sweet outfit is an understatement at best! Especially after all this build up and anticipation that it would be, even if that wasn't what u meant! You made me sad Trion, and I HATE being sad! :mad:

Atticus Batman
02-06-2015, 10:58 PM
Darn it Devs, my whole Frontier News coverage centered on Lady and Belle competing on getting that outfit first at the arkfalls for their respective boy friends! Now it's got to center on a bunch of hellbugs mating!?!?!? Not very romantic for Valentines Day! Neither is a pith helmet! Geez! Now I got no story to tell! :(

To say I'm disappointed that the "rewarding chase" won't include that sweet outfit is an understatement at best! Especially after all this build up and anticipation that it would be, even if that wasn't what u meant! You made me sad Trion, and I HATE being sad! :mad:

Pretty sure Lady's and Belle's Boyfriends are now sad too. I know I am.

Alliiara
02-07-2015, 12:06 AM
Alliiara, I'll give you my Heartbreaker Supply Crate code that I got from the Twitch streaming event today. I'm not really into cosmetics to be honest and you wanted it more than I did in the first place :) I might be playing something else in 2 months as I get easily bored so I think it would be better suited for someone like you ;)

Send me a PM if you are interested ^^

Wow! You are amazing, you don't have to do that. :)

The only issue I have with paying for the outfit would be the fact that it is inside I lockbox. I would be more than happy to pay for one outside of the box. I even bought $20 of bits so I could buy a Patron Pass for this event just for the chance at the title.
*I just want to say that even though I don't agree with some decisions, I am still looking forward to this event and appreciate the efforts that went into creating it. I love the outfit that is coming, it is one of my favorite in-game outfits. :)

Teddycrusher
02-07-2015, 06:07 AM
**** move trion all i got to say

Octo
02-07-2015, 12:04 PM
The only issue I have with paying for the outfit would be the fact that it is inside I lockbox. I would be more than happy to pay for one outside of the box.
Same.
I dont want to spend my money on a lockbox with a bloody 0.3% chance to get the outfit !
So i also agree with Belle;

Now it's got to center on a bunch of hellbugs mating!?!?!? Not very romantic for Valentines Day! Neither is a pith helmet!
Without the cute outfit, all we have for Valentines Day is a giant spiders party... Wooo, romantic lvl over 9000 !
And finally:

um, wheres all the listed named weapons and outfit pictures?

Bentu
02-07-2015, 03:33 PM
Pretty sure Lady's and Belle's Boyfriends are now sad too. I know I am.

If she was a kind girl friend they wouldn't be sad for long :cool:

Mudturtle Jones
02-07-2015, 04:05 PM
I'd just like to add, in case Trion is listening, that I too, would buy an outfit from the store outright rather than spend money on the chance that I might get one from a lockbox. I'm not a gambler. I get enough disappointment out of the Elite lockboxes I spend days earning scrip and rep for only to have to vendor 99% of what I receive.

SmokinRoses
02-07-2015, 04:12 PM
I'd just like to add, in case Trion is listening, that I too, would buy an outfit from the store outright rather than spend money on the chance that I might get one from a lockbox. I'm not a gambler. I get enough disappointment out of the Elite lockboxes I spend days earning scrip and rep for only to have to vendor 99% of what I receive.

That would be nice considering it was told, or well mentioned and taken out from a written mistake. That we would be getting it, to now spending numerous amount of money to have a slight chance to get it in a lockbox. I feel it would still make them a profit if it we were able to directly purchase it in the store itself.

Cyripax NeoPrime
02-07-2015, 05:17 PM
I think they should put the night porter outfit in the bitstore as a stand alone outfit sale. Call it compromise or what you will. But in the future DONT PUT THINGS THAT YOU KNOW WILL GET PPL EXCITED in the pts notes, IF YOU PLAN ON CHANGING THEM FROM PTS TO LIVE! Theres no reason to include that great little bit that you knew would get pples hopes up, when you KNEW that it would be lockbox only when the event went live. (Yes you knew, you wont convince anyone otherwise) of course any f2p game relies on cash shops to keep a great game going.... but this is getting redic. I spent 2 weeks with no pumpkin headgear dropping from arkfalls for hulker hell, then during the last hour spent 40$ on lockboxes trying to get it and still dont have it. All that time and $$$ wasted over a headgear that shoulda been a lousy 5$ tops in the cash shop. Im not going through that again. Guess this 100$ I was going to spend on bits for this event(as I do every event) can stay in my pocket this round just on principle.

What this looks like atm is trion puts these specifically great things into the notes to get us all excited and say "wow, maybe theyre giving us a fair chance for once", the add thier little disclaimer, so they can crush our dreams later on whilst coverin thier arses. Then they hope weve been hyped up enough to drop 50$ on boxes with a .03 chance to fullfill our desire.

Ppl!!! Hear me now! If theres anything in the notes that seems fair for once, OR to good to be true, from now on......... IT IS. So dont get your hopes up anymore.

Belle Starr
02-07-2015, 06:03 PM
But I really hoped I would get that outfit... :(

Okay, hope is a poor strategy I get that! So we both made mistakes Trion (not sure what my mistake was, guess hoping, but I'll own it)! Why not for the sake of good will offer the heartbreak outfit in the bits store for a reasonable price! If it's too hard because it's already in the special lockbox (I have no idea how these things work), why not do a re-skin of the outfit in the bit store, maybe in pink with red stockings and white accessories? I can live with that! :)

Good will is a WONDERFUL thing! C'mon Devs, extend us an olive branch! LOVE is in the air! I won't be sad anymore, isn't that worth it? Anyway, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! :D

otonagamer
02-07-2015, 08:02 PM
I want to spend my real money on outfit too but I don't mind RNG drop from lockbox. Actually I prefer that way. Rolling the dice is fun and getting new synergy equipment is a nice bonus. But my concern is the drop rate. It should be more than 33%, not less than 10%. It's ridiculous to spend tons of money for just a random chance of outfit in vain.

The price should be something makes us think it's a great offer, not rip off. I don't purchase lockboxes much because I feel I'm getting ripped off. I don't purchase Volge Praetorian outfit because it feels too expensive and not a good deal.

I got a Special Delivery headgear from just two purchases. This is a good sign I think. Drop rate should be like this and price barrier should be lower. Please give me a good offer and make me feel satisfied when I pay money. Don't make me feel bad and regret when I pay money.

Claydough
02-07-2015, 08:30 PM
im more than happy to spend money on getting the outfit, however you still have not shown us what the outfits look like yet....

not to mention the weapons that are available either.

Graywolfe
02-07-2015, 08:38 PM
I am a bit disappointed as well, i wanted the hellbug tooth hat myself. Would you please place the outfits from this and previous events in the bit store so people can just buy them outright? You can bet alot of people will buy them, you can still do the boxes too it would just give a person the chance at more than just the one outfit. At the rate this is going very very few people are going to spend money on the boxes anymore.

Chump Norris
02-07-2015, 09:22 PM
im more than happy to spend money on getting the outfit, however you still have not shown us what the outfits look like yet....

not to mention the weapons that are available either.

Night Porter: http://www.defiancedata.com/item.php?id=1222

Pith Helmet: http://www.defiancedata.com/item.php?id=1224

The Hellbug Stalker: http://www.defiancedata.com/item.php?id=1225

Hellbug Tooth Hat: http://www.defiancedata.com/item.php?id=1223

Heartbreaker Weapons: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=478

SmokinRoses
02-07-2015, 11:32 PM

Thanks for posting this! If what they say about the hats is true, about being able to obtain all three in an Arkfall event. That's awesome! But still would be nice to have an option to pay for the outfit directly from store. :)

Horror Stories
02-08-2015, 12:44 AM
A little off topic but touching on the Alcatraz pay to play thing. The devs keep saying that the current build isn't the final build, which is true. However, I would be shocked if they changed the setup for how players access the new content. Sure lots will change, but the current "spend money to play the new content more than once a week, the content players have been looking forward to for months" is looking pretty set n stone. If they keep it that way,they're going to regret it. Sure the game has some "whales", but it also has 100x that amount in free players who aren't going to shell out cash for a game riddled with bugs and glitches. It would benefit them more financially to make Alcatraz free content and actually satisfy player demands for once. Then again, I'm also asking for devs to develop content based around player demands, so I'm obviously crazy.

Mister Derpenhowser
02-08-2015, 01:52 AM
Uh oh, screwed over your customer base... everyone seems to have had enough of your overpriced badly rigged crates. Funny that...

Claydough
02-08-2015, 02:05 AM
I am a bit disappointed as well, i wanted the hellbug tooth hat myself. Would you please place the outfits from this and previous events in the bit store so people can just buy them outright? You can bet alot of people will buy them, you can still do the boxes too it would just give a person the chance at more than just the one outfit. At the rate this is going very very few people are going to spend money on the boxes anymore.

thats what makes these items unique though

Get Busy Dieing
02-08-2015, 03:05 AM
keep up the good work guys.
I love that Defiance hosts holiday events.

can you possibly host major sports seasons, with costumes, weapons and cars?

like football season could have an awesome uniform and helm.
baseball season we could earn a thorn liro baseball bat, and a baseball grenade launcher.
soccer uniforms during soccer season.
a sweet ride and seasonal time trials when Nascar is in season.
maybe even tennis uniforms and a thorn liro racket, or a tennis ball grenade launcher.
Basketball uniforms and a unique head band.
everyone loves a referee uniform.

also is there any way to some how beg and grovel for a way to earn the color changing Hannibal that is no longer earnable through finding EGO CODES. I had a very large Sad-Face when I learned the event had passed.

im just glad I stumbled into this game during Christmas, the event made me decide to support the further development of Defiance. I feel you have earned every penny of the money I spent and more so. many thanks for developing a worthy-to-play game.

Fuzzy
02-08-2015, 05:40 AM
Thanks for posting this! If what they say about the hats is true, about being able to obtain all three in an Arkfall event. That's awesome! But still would be nice to have an option to pay for the outfit directly from store. :)

Oh darn, I forgot to change those. No, it's not true. That was old, outdated information. I'm very sorry.

Belle Starr
02-08-2015, 08:59 AM
But I really hoped I would get that outfit... :(

Okay, hope is a poor strategy I get that! So we both made mistakes Trion (not sure what my mistake was, guess hoping, but I'll own it)! Why not for the sake of good will offer the heartbreak outfit in the bits store for a reasonable price! If it's too hard because it's already in the special lockbox (I have no idea how these things work), why not do a re-skin of the outfit in the bit store, maybe in pink with red stockings and white accessories? I can live with that! :)

Good will is a WONDERFUL thing! C'mon Devs, extend us an olive branch! LOVE is in the air! I won't be sad anymore, isn't that worth it? Anyway, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! :D

Yes, I realize I'm replying to my own reply which is against forum etiquette, but none of the Devs are, so be it! :mad:

Y'all know I'm a big cheerleader for the Defiance game, but this decision by the Devs to change their collective mind and not drop the night porter outfit at ark falls after a month's promotion of it has me so down, that I might just not play the game during the event let alone cover it for Frontier News! Not a threat, just an observation, because as the Australians might say, nobody but me gives a rat's arse if I do either or not! :(

Y'all know I really like you and your game Devs, but I don't always like what you do! This is one of those times! I'm going back to bed and get some sleep, hoping to get some perspective on all this! After all, this is just a game, and the outfit is just a bunch of pixels, but I was really looking forward to "the long and fulfilling chase" (can't remember where that phrase came from, but think it was a Dev) to get that outfit, and already have weapons I like better than the new ones for the event, so... IDK what! :(

See y'all on the far side of the event, maybe! Unhappy Valentine's Day! :confused:

PS - Sorry to inflict my silly tirade on the rest of you forumites, but it was cathartic to post this! TYVM for your patience! :(

http://i.imgur.com/AL6Pykw.jpg

Heartbreaker! Well named Trion!

Graywolfe
02-08-2015, 10:02 AM
thats what makes these items unique though

I know I know but the way its going only the people that have money and can afford to buy as many boxes as it takes are going to have those items. The people that may not have much money but enjoy playing are getting left out since there is no chance for a random loot drop on any of these things.

Alliiara
02-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Yes, I realize I'm replying to my own reply which is against forum etiquette, but none of the Devs are, so be it! :mad:

Y'all know I'm a big cheerleader for the Defiance game, but this decision by the Devs to change their collective mind and not drop the night porter outfit at ark falls after a month's promotion of it has me so down, that I might just not play the game during the event let alone cover it for Frontier News! Not a threat, just an observation, because as the Australians might say, nobody but me gives a rat's arse if I do either or not! :(

Y'all know I really like you and your game Devs, but I don't always like what you do! This is one of those times! I'm going back to bed and get some sleep, hoping to get some perspective on all this! After all, this is just a game, and the outfit is just a bunch of pixels, but I was really looking forward to "the long and fulfilling chase" (can't remember where that phrase came from, but think it was a Dev) to get that outfit, and already have weapons I like better than the new ones for the event, so... IDK what! :(

See y'all on the far side of the event, maybe! Unhappy Valentine's Day! :confused:

PS - Sorry to inflict my silly tirade on the rest of you forumites, but it was cathartic to post this! TYVM for your patience! :(

I completely agree, well said.

SmokinRoses
02-08-2015, 01:57 PM
Oh darn, I forgot to change those. No, it's not true. That was old, outdated information. I'm very sorry.

Wow. That's just lame. Seriously need to stop posting stuff until it's confirmed. All we get is a free Chinese hat with a light on it. Yay, super stoked now. I don't understand the point of this awesome valentines day event when every time we turn around you guys are changing stuff, it's definitely is a heartbreaking event. I'm not exciting for it anymore.

SmokinRoses
02-08-2015, 02:19 PM

100% agreed! Well said!

Tigercml
02-08-2015, 02:57 PM
Well, I was going to start playing the game again for the Valentines event just so I can get the Night Porter outfit. Of course it was a lie that you can get it from an Arkfall when in fact you can only get it with bits. No thanks Trion. Looks like I'm not coming back to the game. Maybe next time you won't screw over your fans.

Doomsteel
02-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Why not add something us gamers might be interested in. Like a new type of seige! rather than than trying to scam us into buying more of your useless store junk!! How bout some drops for those impossible to get mods like "Plate Slicer".

Jaessica
02-08-2015, 06:15 PM
A chance at getting a outfit? No way... I don't gamble. If its put in the bit store, I for one would buy it for sure; along with other outfits in lock boxes. Are there really that many more people spending $20 for multiple chances at an item versus those who would pay $5 for a single guaranteed item? I don't know for sure, but I doubt it.

Chump Norris
02-08-2015, 09:37 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/615036675?t=2h31m56s

I think Trick has called headgear outfits by mistake before.

On the January 23rd livestream he did say that only one of the outfits drops from Arkfalls....I doubt that makes anyone feel better though.

dremora ven0m
02-08-2015, 09:48 PM

I think I am falling in love with you o_O

SmokinRoses
02-09-2015, 12:39 AM

While looking at the weapons, I'm kind of more stoked for getting the weapons. Especially the Thorny Rose. :) And the hat while looking at it more, is odd, but neat. I can't wait to see what the event gives us. :D Even though it does suck, we don't get all three hats, nor the outfit in the Arkfalls.. It would still be awesome to have a choice of direct buy. (More profit, considering all the comments on this post of people NOT going to be buying lockboxes just for a chance of getting them. :P ,just saying.)

Chocolatelover67
02-09-2015, 03:15 AM

I bought about 4 or 5 coporate lock boxes hoping one would have the bubblegum killer outfit..... Nada, zip, zilch....... Nice way to throw money away though.

I knew the boxes were random but not that random...

Still love the game.

Chocolatelover67
02-09-2015, 03:21 AM

Well said Miss Belle

Atticus Batman
02-09-2015, 03:38 AM

That's how a lot of us feel about this outfit retraction. :(

Dixie Cougar
02-09-2015, 03:39 AM
Perhaps there is a way to model what price they should set the outfits at such that putting them in the bit store generates the same revenue as having this lockbox gambling thing going. Lord knows this game could use less RNG-screw.

Markeen
02-09-2015, 10:07 AM
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/615036675?t=2h31m56s

I think Trick has called headgear outfits by mistake before.

On the January 23rd livestream he did say that only one of the outfits drops from Arkfalls....I doubt that makes anyone feel better though.

I thought I remembered that being said... And even verified.

Markeen
02-09-2015, 10:19 AM
The only upside is the event triggered earlier than it was posted a starting. So thanks.

Chocolatelover67
02-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Is anyone seeing groups of people appearing and vanishing at Colony Courtship arkfalls?

It's like the Christmas event where that happened.

sicxz
02-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Is anyone seeing groups of people appearing and vanishing at Colony Courtship arkfalls?

It's like the Christmas event where that happened.

This (is) most likely because it is the way to reduce lag in the events. With 50 some players all attacking 15ish enemies at once, there is most likely going to be a giant frame drop (resulting in lag/spikes due to the massive amount of rendering going on in one location, all at once). Whenever the people do happen to disappear and reappear, it's most likely because the server is going on and off about if there is too much lag or not, etc.. Honestly, although you might feel "alone" at times when players disappear, it is much more helpful, so you can keep up with the enemy and see what you're shooting.

Bentu
02-09-2015, 11:08 PM
This (is) most likely because it is the way to reduce lag in the events. With 50 some players all attacking 15ish enemies at once,

On the xbox NA it's nearer 200 easy.

Belle Starr
02-10-2015, 06:43 AM
And I'm still mad that Trion said they would drop the Night Porter outfit at ark falls and they still didn't! :)

Stupid pith helmet has nothing to do with Valentine's Day! And the bugs aren't even mating, just popping up everywhere! Where's the LOVE Trion! :(

Oh, u guys have moved on from that point to lag and disconnects during the event! Well, I got that 2, but I'm still mad over this, so there! :mad:

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/4/3150/i-can-be-quite-feisty-when-im-mad-quote-1.jpg

dremora ven0m
02-10-2015, 07:14 AM
http://img.picturequotes.com/2/4/3150/i-can-be-quite-feisty-when-im-mad-quote-1.jpg

awww your sooo cute

Chocolatelover67
02-10-2015, 08:01 AM
Well took a while but I got the pith helmet.....yay!!!!!!!!

Now for the helbug hat.

Chocolatelover67
02-10-2015, 08:02 AM
And I'm still mad that Trion said they would drop the Night Porter outfit at ark falls and they still didn't! :)

Stupid pith helmet has nothing to do with Valentine's Day! And the bugs aren't even mating, just popping up everywhere! Where's the LOVE Trion! :(

Oh, u guys have moved on from that point to lag and disconnects during the event! Well, I got that 2, but I'm still mad over this, so there! :mad:

What you want to see hellbugs mating? eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww :D

I finally got the pith helmet

Belle Starr
02-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Well took a while but I got the pith helmet.....yay!!!!!!!!

Now for the helbug hat.

Hate to break it to you, but you'll have to buy the hellbug hat in the lockbox, and then u have to be lucky enough to beat the odds! :(

Only the pith helmet is dropping at Courtship Ark Falls, along with titles and of course, weapons! The earlier information as to outfit and head gear drops was... wrong! :mad:

Happy Birthday! Hope u liked your pithy present! :)

cmpowell
02-10-2015, 10:31 AM
not only will you have to buy a hb supply crate to get the outfit, if you have multiple toons, the outfit will only be rewarded to the one you are on when you pulled it. unlike when you buy a stand alone outfit from the store. so that's at least 1 hb supply crate per character you wan the outfit on

Rashere
02-10-2015, 12:35 PM

Hi Belle (and everyone else!), I think Phantasie spoke to this a bit, but I wanted to expound upon it a little:

First, its worth noting that no one changed their minds. Valentine's is set up the same as the previous holiday events. One cosmetic item is available by playing through the events, while the others are optional items that you can get by purchasing the event supply crate. That was an error in the PTS patch notes, which has since been corrected, but the functionality has never changed.

I do feel the more important part, though, is to explain why we do that. To be blunt, it costs money to run Defiance and even more to keep developing for it. In order to do that, Defiance needs ways to bring in income, which is why we sell things. Cosmetic items are one of the best items to sell since they have zero effect on gameplay meaning they're entirely optional. The downside is that, being purely optional, they also aren't something a lot of people care about.

As to why they're in the supply crate, I first need to explain the philosophy behind the other items in the crate. One of the things I've been trying to do with these events is to give people two paths to earn anything that affects gameplay: either play the content or purchase the crate. Whether you're the type of player who will never spend a dime on a f2p game or the type of player who doesn't mind supporting the game in return for a bit of a shortcut to the gear, there are paths to all of the event items that affect gameplay. The cosmetic items, as purely optional ones, are in the box as a bonus and thank you for people willing to support the game.

In that case, why aren't all the cosmetics only in the box, you might ask? I generally like giving out a cosmetic item just by playing the events so people have a visual reminder of that event in the future. Also, I like the community effect when everyone who has been playing the event starts wearing the item during the event.

So, apologies for the confusion, but I hope that gives some insight into why things are set up this way.

Rashere

Belle Starr
02-10-2015, 02:04 PM
*sigh* Okay, I get it! It's about the money! Trion is a business, and as your avatar says, Rashere: Reality, worst game ever! :(

And I accept the apology for the "confusion", TYVM, I just wish that because of the "confusion" the Devs and Players could have a compromise of maybe putting the outfit in the bits store, so u would get some money but we could have a guarantee of getting the outfit! There was so much hype and excitement in the Defiance community over the outfit being an ark drop that this would help alleviate the resentment over the "confusion" and create much good will among the players! It would also be a reminder of the event (much better than even a free pith helmet) I and I know others would be willing to pay for! It could even be a reskin, even a simple one of white and red colors! :)

If this is not feasible from a business sense, then I hope more thought will be put into the virtual "reminder" souvenir for the next event, although I REALLY appreciate the sentiment, Rashere! I get pilgrim hat=thanksgiving, antlers= Christmas, but pith helmet=Valentine's Day, I think not! :)

Unless maybe u r looking for love in all the wrong places, but that is a stretch! :D

I still love this game and appreciate all u do, but just can't feel any love for this event! Sorry! :(

Oh yeah, but I still want to wish both Devs and Players a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! :cool:

And Rashere, thanks for answering my "tirade" with an honest explanation! I'm still disappointed, but at least NOW I know why I'm disappointed! LOL! :D

Dixie Cougar
02-10-2015, 02:17 PM
I get pilgrim hat=thanksgiving, antlers= Christmas, but pith helmet=Valentine's Day, I think not! :)

Think of it as a lead-in to expeditions I guess.

Dixie Cougar
02-10-2015, 02:32 PM
I do feel the more important part, though, is to explain why we do that. To be blunt, it costs money to run Defiance and even more to keep developing for it. In order to do that, Defiance needs ways to bring in income, which is why we sell things. Cosmetic items are one of the best items to sell since they have zero effect on gameplay meaning they're entirely optional. The downside is that, being purely optional, they also aren't something a lot of people care about.

I keep telling people that but some f2p'ers like to have their cake and eat it too.

What I do understand is the frustration over the random RNG'ness of the lockboxes.

Let me think aloud a moment about TF2, another formerly b2p game that went f2p (albeit not an MMO of course). They're monetizing off of RNG crates (or more precisely, the keys used to open them) as well. Some of the cosmetics are a real pill to get if you rely on that, but the system as a whole does not appear to be particularly controversial. Now why is this the case? Why is it OK for TF2 to put in hats with a less than 1% chance of dropping from a crate that costs $2.50 to open?

Well, it wouldn't be if the items were account bound--and therein lies the answer.

I see at least 2 ways to improve the player experience without eliminating the monetization path. One is selling the cosmetics directly in the cash shop, the less risky one from a financial standpoint is making them tradable (as in, something you can put in the trade window and exchange for scrip or guns). TF2 does both, though the cash shop doesn't offer any of the "unusuals" or other especially rare items. There are also mmos that do both, which I won't name for obvious reasons.

(TF2 also allows some trading for real money, which isn't at all necessary though I have no particular objection to it--to be clear, when I say "tradable" I mean tradable with in-game assets).

Making the outfits tradable also boosts demand for them. If you can't afford lockboxes but want the outfit, you'd simply write it off, but if the outfit is tradable, suddenly you might be interested again.

This encourages other players (the ones with the $$$) to buy lockboxes even once they've gotten their own copy of the outfit. It also piques the interest of people who don't give a rat's behind about the outfit, but might like the resources they can get by trading it. In both cases, you can potentially engage the big spenders while also making the items accessible, at least in theory, to those who can't or won't spend real money on the game.

Now you'll inevitably get someone griping about how the outfit costs 5 million scrip or is T/O and takes a pile of oranges or whatever, but that's still better than it being completely impossible to get without spending real money. Meanwhile, someone still had to spend real money to get said outfit, so the game still generates the same (or more) revenue.

SmokinRoses
02-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Hi Belle (and everyone else!), I think Phantasie spoke to this a bit, but I wanted to expound upon it a little:

First, its worth noting that no one changed their minds. Valentine's is set up the same as the previous holiday events. One cosmetic item is available by playing through the events, while the others are optional items that you can get by purchasing the event supply crate. That was an error in the PTS patch notes, which has since been corrected, but the functionality has never changed.

As to why they're in the supply crate, I first need to explain the philosophy behind the other items in the crate. One of the things I've been trying to do with these events is to give people two paths to earn anything that affects gameplay: either play the content or purchase the crate. Whether you're the type of player who will never spend a dime on a f2p game or the type of player who doesn't mind supporting the game in return for a bit of a shortcut to the gear, there are paths to all of the event items that affect gameplay. The cosmetic items, as purely optional ones, are in the box as a bonus and thank you for people willing to support the game.

In that case, why aren't all the cosmetics only in the box, you might ask? I generally like giving out a cosmetic item just by playing the events so people have a visual reminder of that event in the future. Also, I like the community effect when everyone who has been playing the event starts wearing the item during the event.

So, apologies for the confusion, but I hope that gives some insight into why things are set up this way.

Rashere

Well, can you guys at least fix the servers?! So we can enjoy what's left of the event..

Tigercml
02-10-2015, 03:35 PM

Rashere

Typical cookie cutter automated response I expected. You guys lied and now you want to insult us with your "we only care about money" response. Guess what buddy, the game wasn't f2p when I started playing and I not only bought the most expensive edition on day 1 I have also bought countless amounts of bits since then. So how do you repay your loyal customers? By adding convoluted ways to obtain outfits and charging way too much money for them. This game is such a joke as are the people who make it. You wonder why the game is failing. You only care about getting money out of new f2p players all while giving the middle finger to your loyal fans. Why would you care about us. We only supported the game from the beginning. If it wasn't for us you wouldn't even have a job.

Tekrunner
02-10-2015, 03:54 PM
things

I don't care about cosmetic items at all, but it sounds to me like if the main point of lockboxes is gear, and cosmetics are just a bonus, then the way things are set up now does not exclude the possibility of selling the cosmetic items separately, with a fixed price tag that doesn't involve RNG and uncertainty on the amount of money you need to spend to get the item you want.

Man, that was one long sentence, for something I don't care about.

Rashere
02-10-2015, 04:56 PM
I don't care about cosmetic items at all, but it sounds to me like if the main point of lockboxes is gear, and cosmetics are just a bonus, then the way things are set up now does not exclude the possibility of selling the cosmetic items separately, with a fixed price tag that doesn't involve RNG and uncertainty on the amount of money you need to spend to get the item you want.

Man, that was one long sentence, for something I don't care about.

Quite right and that's something I've been putting some thought into. The problem I keep running into is that, to be fair to the people who buy the boxes for them, the price of the direct cosmetic item would have to be relatively high. I suspect the result would primarily be that we'd get a lot of people "vocally displeased" rather than people seeing it as a viable option.

It might be worth a test, though.

Let me put it back into your hands for a minute: if I did cook up something like the above and offer, say, the Night Porter as a direct item in addition to having it in the box, what price point would you expect?

Tohei Katsukama
02-10-2015, 05:27 PM
The current higher-end ones go for 320-480 bits, as I recall. That would seem a reasonable range to me. A bit high, but for a unique item, might be worth it.

I've bought many of them (I'm one of those weirdos who has spent at least 200-300 on the game, between DLC, inventory, loadout slots, costumes, etc, etc). I know what's appealing and what's not.

I will tell you this - everyone has said the same thing for a reason. Putting out real cash for a very slim chance of an item is NOT going to draw the majority of your base into buying. Micro transactions should be just that for uncertain items.

Most players are much more likely to make 100 small purchases over time than one or two larger investments, particularly the type of user who may be drawn to a FTP game - those without a large budget.

As an aside, I can't imagine that sales of "Bribes" is going anywhere near as well as projected.

Frankly, they're over priced and under valued. And that's coming from a player who obviously has no problem dishing out cash for the game, and doesn't mind Trion making money to keep it going.

What WOULD sell, IMO, is caerulleum cores, since they are in demand with PvP base for T5 mods. Offering them standalone, or adding a couple of them to each of the Paradise or Chimera bribes would undoubtedly be far more enticing.

Just a suggestion. I'm full of those :)

Tohei Katsukama
02-10-2015, 05:35 PM
Oh, and while I have your ear...

(1) the ability to link items in chat would be awesome.

(2) a personal warehouse of some sort would be equally awesome, or at least some way to sort, organize, etc. As someone who has hundreds of inventory slots on each toon - your inventory system is terrible, and having to hunt through hundreds of items to get to one is tedious and discouraging. If I could, for instance, select just mods, or even better mods by weapon type or slot... amazing.

(3) I understand an auction system lends itself to "gold sellers", so won't go there. Would be nice, but I have no real expectations there, and understand your reasons for not adding one.

(4) The ability to continue chatting while the trade window is open. Since we often need to show someone an item and discuss it before negotiating a deal, the ability to discuss it with that window open is seriously worth considering.

If your interface improves, so will the fan base. It's the way we interact with the rest of the content, and if it's lacking, so is our experience. That makes a big difference in how new and old users alike experience the game. I believe it's fundamental to player retention.

Rashere
02-10-2015, 05:49 PM
There are a lot of things that would be awesome. :) Everything you mention is on my "I'd love to do this" list. It's more a matter of prioritizing our resources (ie. developers) to make sure they're being used in the most effective way.

Tigercml
02-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Quite right and that's something I've been putting some thought into. The problem I keep running into is that, to be fair to the people who buy the boxes for them, the price of the direct cosmetic item would have to be relatively high. I suspect the result would primarily be that we'd get a lot of people "vocally displeased" rather than people seeing it as a viable option.

Let me put it back into your hands for a minute: if I did cook up something like the above and offer, say, the Night Porter as a direct item in addition to having it in the box, what price point would you expect?

5-10 Dollars is reasonable. I'm sure you're laughing at this amount though. Not enough cash money for your pocket.

cmpowell
02-10-2015, 06:44 PM
5-10 Dollars is reasonable. I'm sure you're laughing at this amount though. Not enough cash money for your pocket.

It's the same as other outfits and outfits that are bought directly from the store apply to all your toons where as if they come from a lock box it only applies to the toon you bought the box with

Holy Bahamut3
02-10-2015, 06:49 PM

Honestly if you sell them as a stand alone item make the price 3x the amount of the box it comes out of, and like the other outfits make it useable for all characters. I think a lot of us that like making cosmetic purchases can live with that. I know I could.

BlackTalons
02-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Something to consider, Rashere, is that cosmetic items, as expesive as they can be, are a permanent item, a one time buy. I can't speak for others but I often plan on which items to buy or not, independent of their price; if I want it, I will get it. This is much diferent than a chance at getting the outfit, being uncertain how much it would cost someone, potentially paying much more than the actual value of the individual item. Using the same principle as the Woot Loot change, wouldn't it be unfair if the outfit costs more to some people than to others, simply because they were unlucky?

The price tag could go around the 800 bits on season, off season it could be less. Chance to get it through the lockboxes could still be viable even if the outfit is sold separatelly.

Holy Bahamut3
02-10-2015, 07:06 PM
It would open it up for people who buy boxes for gear to continue to do so, with the chance for the nice to have outfits. For those of us who don't care to gear gamble can buy the outfits we want outright.

cmpowell
02-10-2015, 07:59 PM
currently your highest price out fit is 760 bits and the median is 520 and the high price on headgear is 320 with the median being 200. The 7th legion/gunslinger dlc outfits that you can also get from pull then from supply crates are at the top end at 760 and 320. I see no reason why an event outfit couldn't go for this much because as I keep saying when you buy just and outfit it applies to all toons and if you get it from a supply crate it only applies to that specific toon

that's $6.84 for outfit and $2.88 for headgear w/o a patron pass

Grandpa Ace
02-10-2015, 08:46 PM
??? Why didn't we get a good description of the weapons we can expect to earn out of this event? During the SS event you gave us pictures and names, so why the change?
How about some answers and pics?
V/r
GPA

cmpowell
02-10-2015, 08:55 PM
??? Why didn't we get a good description of the weapons we can expect to earn out of this event? During the SS event you gave us pictures and names, so why the change?
V/r
GPA

I asked for an official post too, but i guess since they didn't change from pts they assumed everyone would look on that thread or use defiance data as an official source

Atticus Batman
02-10-2015, 08:57 PM
V/r
GPA

Face it, they have screwed up since the first mention of this event, according to a lot of people. However here's the info on the Named weapons, thanks to Etaew, Fuzzy and the others aat DefianceData:

http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=478

Mister Derpenhowser
02-10-2015, 09:11 PM
currently your highest price out fit is 760 bits and the median is 520 and the high price on headgear is 320 with the median being 200. The 7th legion/gunslinger dlc outfits that you can also get from pull then from supply crates are at the top end at 760 and 320. I see no reason why an event outfit couldn't go for this much because as I keep saying when you buy just and outfit it applies to all toons and if you get it from a supply crate it only applies to that specific toon

that's $6.84 for outfit and $2.88 for headgear w/o a patron pass

Funny (not), its the exact same in pounds due to the ridiculous taxes we pay over here.

Alliiara
02-10-2015, 10:05 PM

That sounds incredible! That is exactly what I want. :)
I would expect around 700-900 bits for this, but I would just be happy to be able to purchase it without the stress of RNG. I think a few extra bits is worth it to remove the stress. :)

Atticus Batman
02-10-2015, 10:17 PM

If I remember right the current highest priced outfits are 1600 bits and current highest priced helms are 480 bits. However I and I believe most others find that WAY too expensive for an outfit, even if it is account wide.

Although I would prefer 500 bits for outfits and 250 bits for helms I would however be alright with 880 bits for special event outfits and 440 bits for special event helmets, if I REALLY want them and can afford them at the time that they are offered, since the are specially themed outfits/helms.

Mister Derpenhowser
02-10-2015, 10:19 PM
That sounds incredible! That is exactly what I want. :)
I would expect around 700-900 bits for this, but I would just be happy to be able to purchase it without the stress of RNG. I think a few extra bits is worth it to remove the stress. :)

760 is fair to me, top end price. As it is, I've had enough of being screwed by RNG and my wallet is closed until that changes.

Alliiara
02-10-2015, 10:19 PM
If I remember right the current highest priced outfits are 1600 bits and current highest priced helms are 480 bits. Even though I find that WAY too expensive for an outfit, even if it is account wide.

I would however be alright with 880 for an outfit and 440 for a helmet, if I REALLY want them and can afford them at the time that they are offered.

The most expensive outfit item is 760 bits. I had to go check after reading 1600. :)

Atticus Batman
02-10-2015, 10:24 PM
You may want to look again. Unless they lowered it, the Adversary outfit and the 7th Legion outfit are still 1600 bits/20$ USD.

Mister Derpenhowser
02-10-2015, 10:26 PM
If I remember right the current highest priced outfits are 1600 bits and current highest priced helms are 480 bits. However I and I believe most others find that WAY too expensive for an outfit, even if it is account wide.

Although I would prefer 500 bits for outfits and 250 bits for helms I would however be alright with 880 bits for special event outfits and 440 bits for special event helmets, if I REALLY want them and can afford them at the time that they are offered, since the are specially themed outfits/helms.

760 is highest on ps3 eu

Alliiara
02-10-2015, 10:27 PM
You may want to look again. Unless they lowered it, the Adversary outfit and the 7th Legion outfit are still 1600 bits/20$ USD.

I just checked again, they are both currently listed at 760 bits each, along with several other outfits.

Atticus Batman
02-10-2015, 10:33 PM
760 is highest on ps3 eu

I just checked again, they are both currently listed at 760 bits each, along with several other outfits.

Alright, I just went and looked. You are right, they did lower the prices at some point. I haven't looked at the Adversary for quite awhile, because it was 1600 bits when it was first added, and even though I want it, there is NO way I would pay 20$ for an outfit. I guess since it is a more reasonable price, I may consider actually getting it.

hardy83
02-10-2015, 10:34 PM
900 bits, because you guys LOVE to price things slightly higher than set values for bits. (this would be, even with 10% patron, slightly above two $5 bit purchases)

Also, all the previous events (I believe) had the events lockbox at 50% off for the event duration. What the heck? :(

....Of course if you price them like Trion prices Rift mounts, then it would be like 2050 bits or something. :(

Mister Derpenhowser
02-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Alright, I just went and looked. You are right, they did lower the prices at some point. I haven't looked at the Adversary for quite awhile, because it was 1600 bits when it was first added, and even though I want it, there is NO way I would pay 20$ for an outfit. I guess since it is a more reasonable price, I may consider actually getting it.

Get gunslinger dlc instead and spend vbi rep to get one. Cheaper and more outfits/weapons to get from it

Atticus Batman
02-10-2015, 10:37 PM
900 bits, because you guys LOVE to price things slightly higher than set values for bits. (this would be, even with 10% patron, slightly above two $5 bit purchases)

Also, all the previous events (I believe) had the events lockbox at 50% off for the event duration. What the heck? :(

I didn't think the 50% started until near the end of the previous events. However since I didn't notice they lowered outfit prices at some point. I could be wrong here too.

Atticus Batman
02-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Get gunslinger dlc instead and spend vbi rep to get one. Cheaper and more outfits/weapons to get from it

I have the SP and have since launch. The only gunsliger outfits I still haven't gotten are the Adversary and Jester.

hardy83
02-10-2015, 10:38 PM
I didn't think the 50% started until near the end of the previous events. However since I didn't notice they lowered outfit prices at some point. I could be wrong here too.

I could be wrong too. I have no idea. lol I just remember them being 50% off at some point during the events, loved it because it was the first time I found the prices of a lockbox in an MMO to be acceptable. lol $5 for 2. I can deal with that.

Atticus Batman
02-10-2015, 10:42 PM
However back to outfit prices. Even though 760 is the highest price you currently see for outfits, we know they will want to charge more for special event outfits.

So 800 bits for special event outfits and 400 bits for special event helmets sound like a decent comprimise, since nobody else seems fine with 880 bits for special event outfits880 bits for special event outfits and 440 bits for special event helmets?

Atticus Batman
02-10-2015, 10:46 PM
I could be wrong too. I have no idea. lol I just remember them being 50% off at some point during the events, loved it because it was the first time I found the prices of a lockbox in an MMO to be acceptable. lol $5 for 2. I can deal with that.

You are right, atleast for the Thanksgiving one. Since that is the only one I found the sales announcement for. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?177492-Thanksgiving-Sale-Extravaganza-–-Save-50-!

Alliiara
02-10-2015, 10:53 PM
However back to outfit prices. Even though 760 is the highest price you currently see for outfits, we know they will want to charge more for special event outfits.

So 800 bits for special event outfits and 400 bits for special event helmets sound like a decent comprimise, since nobody else seems fine with 880 bits for special event outfits880 bits for special event outfits and 440 bits for special event helmets?

I would personally be ok with 880 bits, just because I want it so much. :)

Atticus Batman
02-10-2015, 11:10 PM
I would personally be ok with 880 bits, just because I want it so much. :)

Same here. 880 bits, is what, roughly 11 dollars? That may be a little high, but we are talking a guaranteed special event outfit account wide, so I don't see a problem if a person really wants it. Even though the men's outfit would make my main character look like an Irathient, Ralph Furley (http://threescompany.wikia.com/wiki/Ralph_Furley)!

http://www.defiancedata.com/images/uploads/2651.png
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41481_1612226366_6550_n.jpg
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Ralph_Furley.gif

Alliiara
02-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Same here. 880 bits, is what, roughly 11 dollars? That may be a little high, but we are talking a guaranteed special event outfit account wide, so I don't see a problem if a person really wants it. Even though the men's outfit would make my main character look like an Irathient, Ralph Furley (http://threescompany.wikia.com/wiki/Ralph_Furley)!

Wow, haha :)

Atticus Batman
02-10-2015, 11:13 PM
Wow, haha :)

However my Female Irath would look good in it!

http://www.defiancedata.com/images/uploads/2650.png

Think she even has that hairdo, only her's is silver/grey. http://www.clker.com/cliparts/u/O/o/a/8/z/smiley-face-th.png

Alliiara
02-10-2015, 11:19 PM

Think she even has that hairdo, only her's is silver/grey. http://www.clker.com/cliparts/u/O/o/a/8/z/smiley-face-th.png

I love it because it is the first, ahem, 'dress' in the game. :)

Atticus Batman
02-10-2015, 11:21 PM
I love it because it is the first, ahem, 'dress' in the game. :)

I'd say "nightie", but alright. Let's be "G" rated and call it a dress! ;) Those naughty vixen wings she has, are interesting too.

Tigercml
02-10-2015, 11:22 PM

I would gladly pay 800 bits for this.

Chump Norris
02-11-2015, 12:10 AM
My opinion..

The outfits and headgear are the only reason to buy the lockboxes. If they add the outfits to the store as a shortcut the price should be higher than normal outfits. I would make the outfit/headgear at least $5 higher than the highest priced outfit/headgear in the store.

Octo
02-11-2015, 02:04 AM

Oh you know what, Valentines day is in... 3 days. Leave the outfit in his lockbox (it's too late now, it's not fair for the ones who already bought the box and get - or didnt get !- the outfit) and put it in store only the 14th, so we actually get a chance to get it. It's valentines day, show us your love !

Doomsteel
02-11-2015, 03:16 AM
Try your hardest to understand what i,m saying here, it,s pretty fundamental to your success on xbox...your game is getting VERY VERY BORRRRING! im not kidding even a little bit, your game is failing hard. im stuck at ego level 4100 because of your ultra boring pursuits. i thought i would be able to level up doing Sieges and stuff, but no way, im stuck and ready to delete. yesterday i managed to get some interest in the game just to get ****ing booted and lose 40000 points, YAAAAA TRION, i should be used to crap like that but im not. today i joined a seige at the quarry just to kite the voulge or whatever there called then finally had to leave cause i couldn,t do any damage to them! On my way out i got passed by someone in the same situation it seems...im not alone in my thoughts i guess...your store is a joke, try pricing that crap in the earthly range and at least some of it should be usefull. i know you people are only to happy to ban or demerrit us that want to voice ourselves so have fun with that

Tura Satana
02-11-2015, 04:59 AM

I would say around 8 bucks for a box with an outfit.. if the outfit doesn't have a headgear that goes with it. If its an outfit with a headgear I really can't say cuz I hate pretty much all headgear except for the halo and tracker rebreathers.. Maybe the outfit could come in the first box and the headgear in the second or something. They could take the place of the consumable item in those first box.

stefb42
02-11-2015, 05:30 AM
Outfit should be around the cost of the lockbox it comes out of, why? Well the lockbox has a chance at an outfit as well as a chance of named weapons and legendary weapons etc, buying the outfit takes the gamble out of receiving it through the lockbox but it also removes the chance of the named or legendary weapons and the mods from the lockbox, there's always the chance a lockbox will produce the perfect result ie outfit you wanted, named weapon and full set of t4 mods for it, unlikely but not impossible (or at least it shouldn't be)

If price of outfit was equal to price of lockbox that could contain it then you have the option to gamble in the hope of the big win, or buy the outfit outright and sacrifice the chance of other rewards

Guess the real question is, do you want to sell a few outfits at a high cost, or loads at a lower price?

Chocolatelover67
02-11-2015, 05:44 AM

Ms Darkwater would rock it in that outfit..... :)

Chocolatelover67
02-11-2015, 05:51 AM
Happy Birthday! Hope u liked your pithy present! :)

Yep I love the hat..... I didn't realize that was a camera mounted on the front. It's sort of like retro gopro but not cool looking and has a long lens.

OMERTA
02-11-2015, 07:07 AM
My email said hellbreaker weapons ^^ I'd love to find one of those ^^

http://s11.postimg.org/t9cbb81kj/wp_ss_20150211_0001.png

Cyripax NeoPrime
02-11-2015, 07:10 AM
not only will you have to buy a hb supply crate to get the outfit, if you have multiple toons, the outfit will only be rewarded to the one you are on when you pulled it. unlike when you buy a stand alone outfit from the store. so that's at least 1 hb supply crate per character you wan the outfit on

This is another part of this thats pissing me off. Not only do I have to hope on a .03 chance at an outfit as I dump loads of money into event lockboxes, but it only goes to 1 character. I have 6 toons. Only 2 are mains, the others are bieng built up.

Im dropping money into lockboxes solely for that outfit. ( I dont care about the weapons or mods when im trying to buy an outfit)
If im spending cash on something cosmetic I expect it to be account wide like outfit purchases. It could take hundreds of dolllars untill I get this outfit on a few toons.

Lockbox outfits from the cash shop SHOULD be account wide. This is just another bad decision like the inventory slots.

Im sorry but trions gotten so much of my money since launch, over $1200, and I feel that FOR ONCE they can compromise. I never got my pumpkin headgear during hulker hell due to horrid performance issues that had long plagued ps3 na and blew up tenfold during the halloween event, so I dropped +50$ into lockboxes trying for one during the last hour..... and still dont have one.

I dont feel like doing that again. Spending close to a hundred bucks for an outfit that shoul cost ten tops, with no garauntee youll get it.

I have no problem with supporting this game. I DO. I spend alot on bits because I know it doesnt just exist for free. But for once give the loyal fans who support you, a shure thing. I really want this outfit.

I have 100$ that I saved for this event as I do with every event. But i refuse to give it to trion this time around unless theres some type of compromise.

........ If I could buy this outfit account wide I will glady buy another 10,400bits in support of one of my favorite games.

And wth trion? Its been over a year since youve had another double bits sale! I miss buying 10,400bits for $50

hardy83
02-11-2015, 07:25 AM

Really? I figured they were across all toons. That is dumb.
Seems more like an oversight than them actually intending you to RNG all toons with the outfit.
Hope that gets fixed for those that run multiple toons, though with this game I don't see why you should but whatever. lol I hate "alting".

JEMINAI
02-11-2015, 07:52 AM
You've let us believe for the last month that we would actually be able to have a chance at getting the Night Porter outfit as an event reward. It is really stupid to just now change it. Keep it as a reward and lickbox item, and add a different outfit to the stupid bit only boxes, if you insist on an outfit that can only be earned from those boxes. However i still think you should add a way for us to buy any of the bit boxes with in-game currency.

I agree with the ability to buy any box in game. from my experience spending bits very rarely provides ANYTHING worthwhile. I've stopped spending because the feeling of having just thrown away $ for absolutely nothing starts to be quite prominent. blatant cash grabbery that can't even provide something useful. buying items outright is one thing. playing these BS odds is another.

JEMINAI
02-11-2015, 08:04 AM
I call for bits store boycott!

just think how much $50-$100 can go to buying OTHER titles...
.03% chance at jackpot? in what universe is this not a joke?

no such thing as a free lunch ark hunters. they have to pay the sweatshop workers something, demanding free imaginary clothing is really going to break the bank!

Hexthat
02-11-2015, 08:27 AM
I call for bits store boycott!

just think how much $50-$100 can go to buying OTHER titles...
.03% chance at jackpot? in what universe is this not a joke?

no such thing as a free lunch ark hunters. they have to pay the sweatshop workers something, demanding free imaginary clothing is really going to break the bank!

0.03% is about as horrible as a casino but when you hit the jackpot you don't jump up and down screaming. You say to yourself "I finally got the F@#!ING snazz I wanted, and it wasn't worth it."

Holy Bahamut3
02-11-2015, 08:38 AM

Yeah, Lol. I'd probably pass if the outfit ended up being 1200 bits because to me it only looks good on female characters. I'd get the hellbug tooth hat though. I got it on PTS and that thing looks awesome.

Nicc0
02-11-2015, 08:38 AM
Hi Everyone

I can understand your frustration here, but please consider this. I have said many, many times that what goes to PTS is not final

But you advertise it in the mail that you spam:

Battle their amorous hellbugs for a chance to find new Hellbreaker weapons and mods plus unique titles, outfits, and exotic headgear.

EDIT:
Accidentaly cut out you fancy signature sorry here it is:

--Phantasie

Holy Bahamut3
02-11-2015, 08:42 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ufmGXTLfujE/U9AWMUAl8fI/AAAAAAAAUXY/BqXTuzIjaGM/s1600/he's+right+you+know.jpg

Alliiara
02-11-2015, 11:20 AM
But you advertise it in the mail that you spam:

EDIT:
Accidentaly cut out you fancy signature sorry here it is:

I agree, I just got an email saying exactly that.

RonDiaz
02-11-2015, 12:58 PM
I've got a couple of probably not worthwhile thoughts here.

For better or worse (and I do believe it is worse), the subscription model is all but dead and the F2P model is alive and well. It's mostly predicated on a few whales propping up the whole economics of keeping the game running. Honestly as a real casual gamer, this game has been a gem of a find. It's been super newb friendly for me, I usually am pretty bad at shooters, but in Defiance I can still have a good time. I usually throw on some Patron when I know I am going to have a span where I can play a fair bit, just to support the game and company, honestly I don't think that the patron fee is a good value without a small stipend of bits included but that's the way of the road. Look at a game like Star Trek Online. For starters the game is awful, and ships can cost upwards of $60 in the store. And they have lots of ships and content gated just to lockboxes. Trion does a really good job of keeping F2P players basically able to enjoy the whole game. We have it good here in the world of Defiance comparatively. Unless there is some tectonic shift in the purchasing habits of gamers, and I don't see any signs of this, then the lockbox model is here to stay in most games.

My biggest gripe, and the reason I finally registered a forum account, is the marketing e-mail I got about the event very clearly states that hunting hellbugs in the event arkfalls would be dropping outfits. I think it's a fair statement from the company when they state that there is no guarantee what happens on PTS will happen on production. IMHO although it is disappointing there was a change there late, it is indeed fair game. However the e-mail is flat-out false advertising. I've got no problem with Trion doing what they need to do economically with the bits store, and as you can see I'm clearly in the fanboy camp, but I have a big problem with a blatant false advertisement, and it seems that company staff are really dancing around the issue here.

Tigercml
02-11-2015, 02:35 PM
My email said hellbreaker weapons ^^ I'd love to find one of those ^^

http://s11.postimg.org/t9cbb81kj/wp_ss_20150211_0001.png

I'm glad someone posted this. The email (I got it too) clearly states we will get outfit from the event NOT from a lock box we have to buy. This is false advertising.

SmokinRoses
02-11-2015, 02:52 PM
I'm glad someone posted this. The email (I got it too) clearly states we will get outfit from the event NOT from a lock box we have to buy. This is false advertising.

Definitely misleading written all over it. lol It's frustrating to be honest. Their apologies are even more a slap in the face. It's easy for them to give us an apology for their mistakes, and in result we get an event filled with uncreatively, laggy battles, laggy servers, and a hat that doesn't pertain to valentines day.

I have to admit I'm excited for the weapons, but even then I don't know. I keep getting charged sniper riffles. I love sniper riffles, but I hate charged ones.. But all in honesty, really it's hurtful, and they didn't even do a "50% off" on the lockboxes, like they did with all the other events. I loved all the other events they brought the spirit out, this one is just a throw it together quick one. To be honest, I feel it's a punishment to us, of all our comments to them, that they haven't tried to fix their mess ups and the laggy servers itself..

I'm afraid to see what the other events are going to be like.

Tigercml
02-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Definitely misleading written all over it. lol It's frustrating to be honest. Their apologies are even more a slap in the face. It's easy for them to give us an apology for their mistakes, and in result we get an event filled with uncreatively, laggy battles, laggy servers, and a hat that doesn't pertain to valentines day.

I have to admit I'm excited for the weapons, but even then I don't know. I keep getting charged sniper riffles. I love sniper riffles, but I hate charged ones.. But all in honesty, really it's hurtful, and they didn't even do a "50% off" on the lockboxes, like they did with all the other events. I loved all the other events they brought the spirit out, this one is just a throw it together quick one. To be honest, I feel it's a punishment to us, of all our comments to them, that they haven't tried to fix their mess ups and the laggy servers itself..

I'm afraid to see what the other events are going to be like.

I feel I've been taken for a fool long enough by Trion. One of my favorite things is collecting outfits but they don't make it easy. Here I thought I had a good chance at the only feminine outfit in the game. Instead we get another lie and another broken event. This is the last straw for me. If they don't do something I'm done with this game for good.

SmokinRoses
02-11-2015, 03:02 PM
I feel I've been taken for a fool long enough by Trion. One of my favorite things is collecting outfits but they don't make it easy. Here I thought I had a good chance at the only feminine outfit in the game. Instead we get another lie and another broken event. This is the last straw for me. If they don't do something I'm done with this game for good.

Yeah, I noticed the feminine outfits. They haven't been making anymore outfits that I can see. If they did they'd be getting a lot more profit. I agree with you on that one, I was super stoked. But very hurt knowing the truth. lol I don't blame you on that one, if they don't fix the servers and bring more life to the game, I'm probably done for good too.

Tigercml
02-11-2015, 04:39 PM
I'l post this here too since it's relevant.

After calming down and talking to Rashere through some PM's he told me:

"I totally understand and I'm as frustrated as anyone about the confusion. The outfit can't be added to the event at this point. That ship has sailed. By the time we could get an update out, the event will be over. But, I am talking with the guy who does the store stuff to see if we can set up the costume as a direct purchase option alongside the box. There's some oddities we have to figure out relative to the outfit being in both the box and direct purchase, but I'm hopeful we can sort those out."

I really hope you add it to the store as I and I'm sure many others will happily buy it. Rashere, I do want to apologies again for being rude the past few days and I appreciate you trying to help us out during this situation.

Belle Starr
02-11-2015, 04:51 PM

"I totally understand and I'm as frustrated as anyone about the confusion. The outfit can't be added to the event at this point. That ship has sailed. By the time we could get an update out, the event will be over. But, I am talking with the guy who does the store stuff to see if we can set up the costume as a direct purchase option alongside the box. There's some oddities we have to figure out relative to the outfit being in both the box and direct purchase, but I'm hopeful we can sort those out."

I really hope you add it to the store as I and I'm sure many others will happily buy it. Rashere, I do want to apologies again for being rude the past few days and I appreciate you trying to help us out during this situation.

I said it before and I'll say again! Just re-skin the Night Porter outfit! Just change the colors, maybe just two, white and red, then u won't be putting the same exact outfit in the store, so those who bought it won't fee gipped, and it should be different enough to be no problem to put in the store! :D

I'm no techie, so maybe it's more difficult to re-skin an item than I think, but according what I've read, it isn't! :)

You can even call it Belle's Ball Gown! No, better not! I can see crude jokes at my expense if u do! LOL! :D

SmokinRoses
02-11-2015, 04:53 PM

Now that gives me hope! I hope it works. Thanks, Rashere!

Rashere
02-11-2015, 05:20 PM
I'll update when I have better info. Right now, I'm just looking into the feasibility.

Tigercml
02-11-2015, 05:36 PM
I'll update when I have better info. Right now, I'm just looking into the feasibility.

Thank you. And again, sorry.

Holy Bahamut3
02-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Thank you. And again, sorry.

Its okay, I've been where you were with the frustration. I'm glad rashere talked with you instead of just infacting or worse. Rashere just won a lot of points with me because of how he handled it. Thank you for sharing, and thank you rashere for understanding and trying.

SmokinRoses
02-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Its okay, I've been where you were with the frustration. I'm glad rashere talked with you instead of just infacting or worse. Rashere just won a lot of points with me because of how he handled it. Thank you for sharing, and thank you rashere for understanding and trying.

I agree, same here! That was really awesome of him to do that.

Tigercml
02-11-2015, 07:05 PM

Yeah I've definitely been walking the line the past couple days. Luckily I caught myself before I said something really bad. I figured if someone was barking at me then I wouldn't care about helping them either so there's no reason to start calling names and pointing fingers. I just gotta remember to goosfraba.

Dixie Cougar
02-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Yeah I've definitely been walking the line the past couple days. Luckily I caught myself before I said something really bad. I figured if someone was barking at me then I wouldn't care about helping them either so there's no reason to start calling names and pointing fingers. I just gotta remember to goosfraba.

I sensed a bit of bitterness (entirely justified) from previous incidents in your earlier posts. Like you I was/am firmly in the "lock keeper" camp but Rashere had nothing to do with that disaster--wasn't even working on Defiance then. I don't think it takes anything away from the original development team to say that things really took a turn for the better when he showed up. I will never be a 'fanboy' (not enough of an optimist for that) but I believe we are today in circumstances where reflexive cynicism and indignation is not as likely to be the correct reaction as it has been in the past.

Tigercml
02-11-2015, 07:33 PM
I sensed a bit of bitterness from previous incidents in your earlier posts. Like you I was/am firmly in the "lock keeper" camp but Rashere had nothing to do with that disaster--wasn't even working on Defiance then. I don't think it takes anything away from the original development team to say that things really took a turn for the better when he showed up. I will never be a 'fanboy' (not enough of an optimist for that) but I believe we are today in circumstances where reflexive cynicism and indignation is not as likely to be the correct reaction as it has been in the past.

My anger with this game comes from my love for the game. I really do love the game and the show. We've all gone through a lot with this game. Many ups and downs. I do get angry easily and I tend to take it out on people. I'm this way in real life and on the internet. I know I go about it the wrong way but my intentions are good. As for the lock keepers thing, I'm over that. I just never took it out of my sig. I don't really post here much anymore. This whole Night porter mess has been the most I've posted in ages.

Chump Norris
02-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Its a shame this many people didn't care about Trion lying about the Zagger.

I guess some lies are acceptable..

cmpowell
02-11-2015, 09:27 PM
Its a shame this many people didn't care about Trion lying about the Zagger.

I guess some lies are acceptable..

Yes it is chump. I still look at my zaggers sitting in my inventory collecting dust and briefly remember the good ole times

Altras
02-11-2015, 09:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lzAFnaXl.jpg (http://imgur.com/lzAFnaX)

RobbyeRob
02-12-2015, 08:00 AM
Ok I just started playing the game, only because it is Free 2 Play. I was interested in it when the TV show first came out, but I did not want to put money in a risk like this game. I have now played it constantly for the past week or so. I totally don't know what I am doing at all and I am still learning the game, but I am having tons of fun. I didn't even realize these bugs were a new thing or the heart breaker stuff was for the holiday.
Does the game get better with PvP and how do I play this game. I have just traveled from spot to spot, trying to find the Radiation like symbol with lots of players around it. I just jump in and support fire on the adds.. I have totally got a lot of good loot with that method, but I would like to know how to interact with the Clan that I joined.

Nicc0
02-12-2015, 10:22 AM

For better or worse (and I do believe it is worse), the subscription model is all but dead and the F2P model is alive and well.
This because developers are unable to do their job,I know that every player has his own concept of game and so the perfect game it's impossible to create,but in these last years we have seen how much low is the quality of people working in the videogames industry,giving games for free it's the least that they can do now,hoping to earn something with the shinies sold in the shops and keeping the games low budget(crap servers,no content besides farm that fuel the shop).
Defiance in this case it's really over the top because managed to crash even without the monthly sub.
Then you can go down from B2P to F2P lowering the already low quality and pushing away people that payed the game full price telling them that if they want to play some content they must pay a regular fee,what can be the next step after you decided to absolutely give no improvement to your work?

JEMINAI
02-12-2015, 05:41 PM

For better or worse (and I do believe it is worse), the subscription model is all but dead and the F2P model is alive and well. It's mostly predicated on a few whales propping up the whole economics of keeping the game running. Honestly as a real casual gamer, this game has been a gem of a find. It's been super newb friendly for me, I usually am pretty bad at shooters, but in Defiance I can still have a good time. I usually throw on some Patron when I know I am going to have a span where I can play a fair bit, just to support the game and company, honestly I don't think that the patron fee is a good value without a small stipend of bits included but that's the way of the road. Look at a game like Star Trek Online. For starters the game is awful, and ships can cost upwards of $60 in the store. And they have lots of ships and content gated just to lockboxes. Trion does a really good job of keeping F2P players basically able to enjoy the whole game. We have it good here in the world of Defiance comparatively. Unless there is some tectonic shift in the purchasing habits of gamers, and I don't see any signs of this, then the lockbox model is here to stay in most games.

My biggest gripe, and the reason I finally registered a forum account, is the marketing e-mail I got about the event very clearly states that hunting hellbugs in the event arkfalls would be dropping outfits. I think it's a fair statement from the company when they state that there is no guarantee what happens on PTS will happen on production. IMHO although it is disappointing there was a change there late, it is indeed fair game. However the e-mail is flat-out false advertising. I've got no problem with Trion doing what they need to do economically with the bits store, and as you can see I'm clearly in the fanboy camp, but I have a big problem with a blatant false advertisement, and it seems that company staff are really dancing around the issue here.

ironically we are all fanbois and fangirls here. we can love the game but still get let
down. just as we can all "support" the company financially but nothing gets put back into the game.

every slap in the face is remembered and eventually players move on... and there will be some moron at trion thinking perhaps we SHOULD have allowed them the CHANCE at atleast outfits instead of assuming the players were dumb enough to pay for just a chance.
I get the event emails too... have we not noticed what "events" are yet? same ****, different mobs dropping lesser weapons and mods. (how much ark forge you gonna use on a blue weapon btw). oh we get hats... let's not forget the hat! how charitable!
junk like outfits become bit store candy not because of their value but because there's nothing else on offer to bait you.

Alliiara
02-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Hmm, I was hoping for an update on this. Ever since we have been given a chance on this I have been excited to check the forums every morning. Hopefully we hear back on this soon. :)

EasterBunny
02-13-2015, 12:54 PM
So CanYouGetThe
Night Porter Outfit
From Arkfalls?
Or DoYou Have To
BuyA
Heartbreaker Supply Crate?
ImAskingCuzPeopleIn
Forums AreSaying
Trion IsLieing Or Whatever :confused:

EasterBunny
02-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Just Bought A
Heartbreaker Supply Crate
Didnt Get Any Clothes
Just A Nice Hangun &Mod For Handgun.
I Dont Even Use Handguns.
Wish I New It Was A CHANCE
To Get Clothes.I Thought You Would
Just Get Clothes For Buying It.
WhatA Waste Of Bits :(

Holy Bahamut3
02-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Just Bought A
Heartbreaker Supply Crate
Didnt Get Any Clothes
Just A Nice Hangun &Mod For Handgun.
I Dont Even Use Handguns.
Wish I New It Was A CHANCE
To Get Clothes.I Thought You Would
Just Get Clothes For Buying It.
WhatA Waste Of Bits :(

Yeah what she said, I bought two boxes and received vendor scrap both times. What a waste of $5.

Belle Starr
02-13-2015, 04:56 PM
I bought two heartbreaker crates on sale - no hats and most important, no outfit! WAH!!!!! :(

Actually, there was nothing I kept - it all went to the vendor! Not even a good purple mod, and the one purple AR I got I had picked up several better ones at the event AFs! What a chump I am! :mad:

Chocolatelover67
02-13-2015, 06:41 PM
I bought two heartbreaker crates on sale - no hats and most important, no outfit! WAH!!!!! :(

Actually, there was nothing I kept - it all went to the vendor! Not even a good purple mod, and the one purple AR I got I had picked up several better ones at the event AFs! What a chump I am! :mad:

12 boxes now..... You'd think I would learn not to buy lock boxes..... It's that quest for that illusive outfit or two to dress Johanna.

Holy Bahamut3
02-13-2015, 06:57 PM
Trion, I don't think it is too much to ask for you to actually give us something for our money! >:-(

As it stands now buying RNG boxes feel like a donation rather than buying something.

Atticus Batman
02-13-2015, 07:26 PM
So CanYouGetThe
Night Porter Outfit
From Arkfalls?
Or DoYou Have To
BuyA
Heartbreaker Supply Crate?
ImAskingCuzPeopleIn
Forums AreSaying
Trion IsLieing Or Whatever :confused:

The outfit is strictly in the Heartbreaker supply crates. You can NOT get it from Arkfalls.

Chocolatelover67
02-14-2015, 02:06 AM
Pure random........ Bought 3 boxes today. Yes I know stupid hey? Brings my total now to 15 boxes that I have bought.

Got the Night Porter outfit I was after.

http://users.on.net/~aviannix37/nightporter1.jpg

http://users.on.net/~aviannix37/nightporter2.jpg

Now all I need is the Bubblegum Killer......... Praying to the RNG gods lol.

Holy Bahamut3
02-14-2015, 08:47 AM
Pure random........ Bought 3 boxes today. Yes I know stupid hey? Brings my total now to 15 boxes that I have bought.

Got the Night Porter outfit I was after.

http://users.on.net/~aviannix37/nightporter1.jpg

http://users.on.net/~aviannix37/nightporter2.jpg

Now all I need is the Bubblegum Killer......... Praying to the RNG gods lol.

That outfit cost a lot of money for you...

Belle Starr
02-14-2015, 09:46 AM

Give her a break, it's her birthday! :)

Happy Birthday Chocolatelover67 and Congrats on getting the Night Porter outfit! I'm envious on both counts! :D

Holy Bahamut3
02-14-2015, 10:14 AM

Happy Birthday Chocolatelover67 and Congrats on getting the Night Porter outfit! I'm envious on both counts! :D

Hey I didn't say it was a bad decision, just that it was a bit expensive. I think Trion needs to be a bit fairer to people that purchase their boxes from the store. That being said, Happy Birthday chocolatelover67!

PithHelmetIrath
02-14-2015, 11:22 AM
As it stands now buying RNG boxes feel like a donation rather than buying something.

Yes.. other than a Pith Helmet, too many green junk mods in those boxes.

Atticus Batman
02-14-2015, 10:09 PM
Yes.. other than a Pith Helmet, too many green junk mods in those boxes.

Actually when it comes to those boxes, the Pith Helmet is junk.

It is a free random reward at the Colony Courtship Arkfalls, so why waste money on the lockbox if the Pith helm is all you want? You are basically paying for a FREE reward.

Holy Bahamut3
02-14-2015, 10:30 PM
I will no longer be making any Donations. From here on I will only purchase useful things or costumes from the store. I find expensive RNG boxes to be a ripoff.

SmokinRoses
02-14-2015, 10:40 PM
I will no longer be making any Donations. From here on I will only purchase useful things or costumes from the store. I find expensive RNG boxes to be a ripoff.

If I knew it was a for sure thing, I'd be buying the lockboxes. But other than that, I'll stick with the DLCs, direct buy outfits, and the free junk. Till otherwise. :)

SmokinRoses
02-14-2015, 10:42 PM
Actually when it comes to those boxes, the Pith Helmet is junk.

It is a free random reward at the Colony Courtship Arkfalls, so why waste money on the lockbox if the Pith helm is all you want? You are basically paying for a FREE reward.

I never understood why they put the free reward in the lockboxes, if people wanted it so bad they should play the event like it's intended. :P

Atticus Batman
02-14-2015, 11:08 PM
I never understood why they put the free reward in the lockboxes, if people wanted it so bad they should play the event like it's intended. :P

To make it even harder for people to get THAT box only item. They do say, "A fool and his money, will soon be parted." Businesses tend to take advantage of that proverb and make it even more true. :|

Fuzzy
02-15-2015, 05:25 AM

Those crates are in the store long after the event is finished. Even Halloween and Thanksgiving boxes are still up on the store, last I checked. That's basically for people who start playing after an event, giving them the chance to obtain it as well.
Personally, I held off on buying a few of those boxes until after I got the Pith Helmet (which happened on my second major), because I would've been pissed if I got it out of a box lol

Chocolatelover67
02-15-2015, 05:40 AM

Hey that's cool guys but I hate to break it to you but I'm a dude...... I am pretty sure I've said this before.......

Thanks for the birthday wishes....... I had a pleasant if ordinary day.

Holy Bahamut3
02-15-2015, 09:59 AM
Hey that's cool guys but I hate to break it to you but I'm a dude...... I am pretty sure I've said this before.......

Its cool dude. Did you get any named weapons from those 15 boxes?

Belle Starr
02-15-2015, 01:06 PM

Umm... I was talking to your Avatar... Yeah that's it! :D

Okay, would you believe... OOPS! I forgot! Anyway, HAPPY UNBIRTHDAY! :)

Bonehead
02-15-2015, 05:54 PM
I love chocolate too.

Chocolatelover67
02-15-2015, 11:39 PM
Its cool dude. Did you get any named weapons from those 15 boxes?

Mostly purples that I already have and have modded........ End up selling those guns at vendors

Chocolatelover67
02-15-2015, 11:39 PM
Umm... I was talking to your Avatar... Yeah that's it! :D

Okay, would you believe... OOPS! I forgot! Anyway, HAPPY UNBIRTHDAY! :)

No problem........ Johanna is a playful minx and now she can go all "Psycho Night Porter" on the bay area