PDA

View Full Version : Weapons and Progression

TriPiiN
04-04-2013, 07:04 PM
While i'm waiting to get into a server I thought I would just ask this question:

I have 1 orange SMG at 300 EGO and it doesnt kill any faster then an SMG I have at like 50 EGO, why is this?

I mean i understand the whole PvP/Shadow Wars deal but it kills the desire to look for weapons that are rare that should take down enemies more quickly. I know this is not Borderlands but still it would be nice to have a slight increase in damage or at least buffs that are more effective in how the weapon performs...

Think about it people, at this rate you will be EGO 5000 someday and have an SMG at EGO 5000 and then a back up weapon that is an SMG at EGO 100 that does the same damage?

Just seems to defeat the purpose of leveling up, other then getting more EGO powers and perks....

Please let me know if I'm talking out my butt on this cuz i hope i am missing something here. Thanks.

As far as the PvP stuff, why not just have custom classes to pick from? I know that sounds like CoD but it would keep things fair in PvP while being able to have weapon progression outside of PvP.

Again, please enlighten me on this if i'm being ignorant.

CookingWithGuns
04-04-2013, 07:06 PM
There isn't a progression in base damage of the weapons, but higher EGO weapons tend to have more slots on them, and also better bonuses/synergies when they are higher in rarity. Also Shields get bonus effects over 250 I think it is.

Gonz0
04-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Ya know I've been wondering the same thing.

Magician
04-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Equipment slightly gets better with rarity. EGO level has no real effect (other than gulanite cost for upgrading it, at 450 EGO it's costing me 10,000-15,000 just to add one mod slot to a weapon). My friend got a level 30 legendary shotgun. It's better than anything he or I have found and he is EGO level 600 now.

Weapon rarity is much more important to how good it is than EGO level.

TriPiiN
04-04-2013, 07:29 PM
That makes a little sense. I guess I will have to adjust to not being as "power hungry" as I am in Borderlands and Skyrim lol.

Magician
04-04-2013, 07:32 PM
That makes a little sense. I guess I will have to adjust to not being as "power hungry" as I am in Borderlands and Skyrim lol.

Orange gear is still significantly better than most other gear. My friends level 30 shotgun is still killing everything at 600 EGO in 1-2 shots. It holds like 20 ammo, can be fired 5 times a second, takes 0.5 seconds to reload and has 4 mod slots on top of a ton of other stuff it does.

Instead of looking for high level gear, so simply look for orange coloured gear instead.

TriPiiN
04-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Orange gear is still significantly better than most other gear. My friends level 30 shotgun is still killing everything at 600 EGO in 1-2 shots. It holds like 20 ammo, can be fired 5 times a second, takes 0.5 seconds to reload and has 4 mod slots on top of a ton of other stuff it does.

Instead of looking for high level gear, so simply look for orange coloured gear instead.

Ok that makes more sense. I have noticed my friends and I get an orange weapon almost everytime we cash in on a Tier 4 Lockbox. I guess I'll just keep doing that seeing as that orange SMG is now better with mods on it.