PDA

View Full Version : EGO abilities

Rynwoody
04-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Well I'm sitting in a queue like most people apparently, so I thought I'd ask everyone what they thought of the EGO abilities so far. I picked Overcharge because who doesn't like a damage boost, but have so far found it pretty underwhelming. When I have it going it's great, and I love the instant reload...but it takes a loooong time to come back and doesn't seem to last long enough for me to do very much. I made a second character (had to try the Irathient at least once) and grabbed Blur and actually had some fun with that but I haven't gotten very far with it. I heard that Decoy is pretty good for new players who have trouble aiming (plus it's a nice distraction) and heard that Cloak is pretty good for dropping agro and sniping without interruption, but I have yet to try either (beyond the tutorial).

Thoughts? Comments? Probable flames?

Dragonace09
04-04-2013, 07:21 PM
How do you unlock the others? Also do you know what in game title means?

Legit
04-04-2013, 07:24 PM
In-game titles are just titles above your name for others to see. You can purchase other EGO abilities in the EGO menu where it shows all the perks. So you can have Cloak, Blur, Overcharge, and Decoy all on the same character.

IStackDaddyI
04-04-2013, 07:30 PM
So far I like decoy best as I solo alot and find it helps with large mobs. As far as unlocking more, not sure on that. During the beta I could unlock a new ego power (although you could only use 1 power per load-out) by using 2 ego points. Haven't been able to do it now, so I am not sure if that was taken away for launch or not.

As far as in game titles go, you can unlock various titles according to what achievements you get in game. Also if you got a collector's or ultimate edition, some came as a pre-order bonus. There were also unlockable titles to be had by completing the ark codes on defiance website.

Hope these help! :)

Dragonace09
04-04-2013, 07:36 PM
thanks for the info i have try to get the other powers but it says lock and dont say why. Like to upgrade the one i unlock says i have to wait to ego 100. so didnt know if it was a bug

Legit
04-04-2013, 07:39 PM
thanks for the info i have try to get the other powers but it says lock and dont say why. Like to upgrade the one i unlock says i have to wait to ego 100. so didnt know if it was a bug
That simply means that it is locked until you reach an EGO rating of 100 or greater. The higher your EGO rating, the more you'll be able to upgrade your core EGO powers.

Dragonace09
04-04-2013, 07:41 PM
yea i understand that but i wanted the other powers and they dont say why its lock

Legit
04-04-2013, 07:44 PM
I don't remember mine being locked, but as soon as I can get on I'll let you know. Maybe they changed it from the beta, but I clearly remember a dev said that they were all obtainable on a single character. If they aren't anymore, imma be pissed.

Dragonace09
04-04-2013, 07:47 PM
I know right lol i remember doing it on beta