PDA

View Full Version : Colony Courtship.... disappointment....

G1NJA
02-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Title pretty much sums it up. Enemies are soo weak, most Monarchs die as they spawn. The events last maybe 5 mins. This event is nothing compared to the previous ones. #easymode

Ryker Vorton
02-09-2015, 11:23 AM
well, we repeatedly point out they were way too easy in the PTS

G1NJA
02-09-2015, 11:29 AM

lol my bad I didn't really read any PTS posts, was trying to avoid major spoilers

cmpowell
02-09-2015, 11:46 AM

It's about the same as the pts video i saw probably easier because of the amount of ppl

Claydough
02-09-2015, 11:52 AM
How to balence arkfall events:

If it can be completed on PTS, its not hard enough.

Seriously though, im not sure how much work would be involved, but could they not just create a special monarch with 10x the hp of a normal monarch that only spawns in the special arkfalls.

Fallen_Aingeal
02-09-2015, 11:57 AM
my only issue is the spamming of bmg's, yet again.

Ryker Vorton
02-09-2015, 12:07 PM

Just snipe them out ;)

cmpowell
02-09-2015, 12:38 PM

I know they're there cause my shield rarely goes below 3/4 but they're so many ppl I can't see them, lol

hardy83
02-09-2015, 12:39 PM
I certainly hope the spawn rate for the majors is better.
Sitting in the game for hours and never seeing a major was pretty annoying.

Tura Satana
02-09-2015, 01:34 PM
A 30 min timer as well.. seriously? This is nowhere NEAR the difficulty of the Solstice arkfalls yet they give us even more time. They likely won't even take 20 min.. ever.. All there seemed to be was the matron, a few skitterlings, and a bunch of monarchs. Right now there is just absolutely no sense of urgency or danger. It truly feels like a walk in the park. I'm hoping its just cuz of the large amount of people and that those numbers will shrink. But a thirty minute timer? That really needs to go.

Ryker Vorton
02-09-2015, 01:35 PM
tip: clear the incursions (specially those in SV) to increase the spawning of majors, they can be any kind of major, but at least keeps them spawning (that's what we did in pts)

Bonehead
02-09-2015, 01:44 PM
tip: clear the incursions (specially those in SV) to increase the spawning of majors, they can be any kind of major, but at least keeps them spawning (that's what we did in pts)

Agreed as to the technique but it's a shame the map is so dead these days.

Markeen
02-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Easy ... Too easy. No threat at level 10. Things die fast. Not enough skitterings, archers or warriors. These enemies need to have a bit more health and armor plates. Avoid all enemies just kill the matron and it's over. No fun there. Also, final live version removed appearance rewards. :/

dremora ven0m
02-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Solstice was my 1st ever event , when I tried a major I was like wtf is going on this is impossible! Obviously as my ego went up n i gained new weapons I slowly started enjoying the challenge they presented.
Like someone said in earlier post at these major finals i just ignore all the monarchs stand infront the matron & open up with my hellfire! 5mins later its over & I get yet another t3 sniper that goes straight to the nearest vendor!

I hope the numbers do drop off, mainly because the amount people who are at these arks sure as hell dont turn up n do volge sieges or even the dead lands that is pvp on xbox eu server!
they obviously just here to collect weapons before they vanish again!

whit
02-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Done a few today, fairly easy apart from one. There was a lot of people there and the matron got scaled right up. All the hellbug waves were finished leaving the just the matron with half health. Took a good 10 minutes with spikes to finish her off.

TNO
02-09-2015, 03:21 PM
I attended fout majors today and got disconnected just seconds before the matron was beaten every single time. So yes, you can say I'm very disappointed.

Bonehead
02-09-2015, 03:28 PM
I attended fout majors today and got disconnected just seconds before the matron was beaten every single time. So yes, you can say I'm very disappointed.

Play Station?

TNO
02-09-2015, 04:45 PM
Play Station?

Yes, EU server. Five out of five times now and it's not funny any more. Only thing I can do now is stop trying. Do they still expect me to spend more money on that game?

Jeff Lonestar
02-09-2015, 05:51 PM
its basically a "Mother of All Hellbugs" Major with like 20 Monarchs lol ...it should have Atleast 5 Matrons to make it an Awesome Event! MATRON HELL, WHY BECAUSE THEY ARE HELLBUGS... THATS WHY!!!!

(...And Dont give me that "Theirs Only ONE Queen Bee in a Hive" Crap, Its a Game... It doesnt have to make complete sense, just make it fun! ITS A GAME GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!) xD

nofreebe
02-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Don't chase after your own tail. Too difficult for you is too easy for me and too easy for you is too difficult for me. I'm having fun playing this event one way or another regardless.

BONGRIP
02-09-2015, 10:20 PM
Don't chase after your own tail. Too difficult for you is too easy for me and too easy for you is too difficult for me. I'm having fun playing this event one way or another regardless.

Whaaaat? Lol nubadubdub

Bentu
02-09-2015, 10:31 PM
I spent the best part of the day and evening on the NA server flitting from one CC to another and yes the sheer number of guys there just wrecks the Hellbugs. They don't stand a chance.
However later on approximately 2am i switched to the EU server and it's a very different ball game with only twenty or so guys there.

Symbiosis2099
02-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Indeed, I think it's the sheer number of arkhunters there that makes it easy, and honestly, they're hellbugs, not volge.

One problem I have with it is that if the matron dies, it's over. I've been in several Colony Courtships over the past few hours where tons of people just go after the matron and the arkfall ends with tons of bugs left to kill (they all explode of course) I wish we had to kill all the bugs....

crazyged
02-10-2015, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I really do wish they'd listened and made it a teeny bit more challenging...

The only challenge now is to get to a major in time before it's over!

Must say though, the drops have been good for me - good few purples, the pith helmet, Charmer title and The Heart Seeker. That's from maybe three majors.

tarmim
02-10-2015, 12:40 AM
In ps3 eu server the arkfalls are challenging enough because i think pc and xbox have much more players compared to ps3 , especially eu server.

Eleni
02-10-2015, 01:09 AM
PS3 EU was ok, not a single DC during arks, sure a massive lag, sometimes giving a slow motion effect.

I did like 13 majors in 4 hours, got 3 ojs.

I met 2 arks particulary tough, i guess on a fresh phase, won at a few seconds.

Regarding the lag, not worse, not better.

They spawn more frequently and we win them more (and more oj drops, at least on the 1st day)

otonagamer
02-10-2015, 02:31 AM
I'm on Xbox NA and there are tons of people. Nonetheless I think it's too easy. Overall enemy damage output is too low probably. Hellbug Uprising major is more challenging.

Johnny Stranger
02-10-2015, 07:19 AM

my sentiments exactly..... need a new toon , gonna call him bubble boy ....

Ryker Vorton
02-10-2015, 07:24 AM
my sentiments exactly..... need a new toon , gonna call him bubble boy ....

or maybe "BubbleMania Guy" (BubbleMania Girl)

Tura Satana
02-10-2015, 07:37 AM
Once all the hellbugs are gone, its a waste.. the matron is basically defenseless. In fact I kinda feel bad. They need to beef her attacks ups significantly. The ground pounding thing is cool but gotta be in her face for it to hit you. Doesn't do much damage either way. The electric thing that she does.. what is that? Is that an attack? Cuz I've never seen it hurt anyone. She should spawn more skitterling or something.

They should drop the time down to 20 minutes instead of 30, not that 20 isn't still too much. But 30 minutes is rediculous. The most fun I've had at one of these was this morning, trying to finish before server restart. I didn't think we were gonna make it and I was going all out. It was exciting for the first time.

hardy83
02-10-2015, 09:17 AM
Once all the hellbugs are gone, its a waste.. the matron is basically defenseless. In fact I kinda feel bad. They need to beef her attacks ups significantly. The ground pounding thing is cool but gotta be in her face for it to hit you. Doesn't do much damage either way. The electric thing that she does.. what is that? Is that an attack? Cuz I've never seen it hurt anyone. She should spawn more skitterling or something.

They should drop the time down to 20 minutes instead of 30, not that 20 isn't still too much. But 30 minutes is rediculous. The most fun I've had at one of these was this morning, trying to finish before server restart. I didn't think we were gonna make it and I was going all out. It was exciting for the first time.

Maybe it's symbolic of human love.
You romance, woo and put a lot of effort into winning the person, and once you have them, you just give up. Get fat, picker and both feeling bad for each other in this destructive helpless relationship.
Maybe in the end something nice comes out of it, but usually not. You just feel let down and sad.

Tura Satana
02-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Maybe it's symbolic of human love.
You romance, woo and put a lot of effort into winning the person, and once you have them, you just give up. Get fat, picker and both feeling bad for each other in this destructive helpless relationship.
Maybe in the end something nice comes out of it, but usually not. You just feel let down and sad.

Lol jeez.. That is sad but frequently true. Though that shouldn't happen if you are with someone that is truly special and fits you well. The problem is people don't or don't want to realize that the person they've been with actually is not a good fit after all.. and they don't know when to let go and move on.. and you have a case like the above.

tarmim
02-10-2015, 01:25 PM
I never get ojs or named weapons from arkfalls :,(. Today i got 3 purples and 19 blues. Its annoying when u get like 130 k score and the game awards you with.. Blue weapon and green mod!! Like wtf . Rewards should be based on score .

Tura Satana
02-10-2015, 01:30 PM
I never get ojs or named weapons from arkfalls :,(. Today i got 3 purples and 19 blues. Its annoying when u get like 130 k score and the game awards you with.. Blue weapon and green mod!! Like wtf . Rewards should be based on score .

They are supposedly working on it..

tarmim
02-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Oh i didnt know but its awesome ! :)

G1NJA
02-11-2015, 10:52 AM

the day drops are based on points is the day every player will use bmgs and completely break the game with lag and crits..........

G1NJA
02-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Ive pulled 1 named and several ojs within the first couple days, ran 20-30 majors each day...

Tekrunner
02-11-2015, 11:28 AM

More points gives you more forge. More forge allows you to upgrade more weapons.
Well, at least that's how it worked before forge rewards were nerfed into the ground...

Fallen_Aingeal
02-11-2015, 11:42 AM
More points gives you more forge. More forge allows you to upgrade more weapons.
Well, at least that's how it worked before forge rewards were nerfed into the ground...How much forge to purchase a new console, because of the constant hard freezes?

brokenshield
02-11-2015, 11:51 AM
How much forge to purchase a new console, because of the constant hard freezes?

New consoles will be available through lockbox purchase. As usual they will be vict...umm...subject to the RNG gods. Please enjoy your purchase.

Fallen_Aingeal
02-11-2015, 11:54 AM
New consoles will be available through lockbox purchase. As usual they will be vict...umm...subject to the RNG gods. Please enjoy your purchase.Just my bloody luck! LOL

brokenshield
02-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Just my bloody luck! LOL

Funny you should say that, as the next big event will be *Luck O' the Midas. Buy those lockboxes for your chance to win.

*No purchase necessary

**Unless of course you want to win

Praxus07
02-12-2015, 04:10 AM
I'm still playing, going to every CC I can, but am thoroughly over the crappy rewards. I'm stuck in a northstar blaze loop. Every single reward for the past 24 hours has been a northstar blaze. I've gotten two oj northstars, and about fifty blue. Even the gift box gave me a purple blaze. I don't even like pistols, and I now loathe this gun after getting one for each and every CC reward. Just so sick of getting the same gun time after time after time!

Dslice
02-12-2015, 04:02 PM
I like how this event is going, it has all of the good parts of Solstice Strike, & none of the frustrating parts.

As for it being considered easy, I don't have a problem with that. It is only a temporary holiday event & should only be a a fun diversion to the usual gameplay. One doesn't normally go on holiday to do heavy manual labor so I have no problems if the event is a little easy relaxing like a vacation from the normal game, & leave the challenging stuff for the permanent content additions, ( Which it defiantly sounds like the upcoming expeditions will be).

Overall I have found the Colony Courtship event to be fun & enjoyable, compared to Solstice Strike which to me had as many frustrating moments as fun moments

ShatterST4R
02-12-2015, 06:59 PM
My biggest problem is that defiance can't handle that many people/particles in one place so unfortunately the event for me is unplayable.

Constant lag of BMG and disconnecting me from the internet.