PDA

View Full Version : Best power in your opinion?

manukesna
04-04-2013, 07:08 PM
What power did you choose first? and do you plan to get all 4 powers right away or later?

CookingWithGuns
04-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Started with cloak. Going to try Decoy soon but right now I'm having fun with Overcharge + Ego Extender with a Frontier SAW (LMG). That is a blast and just wrecks people. However Cloak still serves me best so far and has saved my *** a ton of times.

manukesna
04-04-2013, 09:17 PM
bump for opinions :o

Fatalmephisto
04-04-2013, 09:21 PM
All of them are good. Depending on how you want to play your character and what sorta style you want. Cloak is fantastic for sneaking around the battle and get the upper hand on your enemies. Blur is great to get in and get out. Overcharge can be great for someone who just wants to do as much damage as possible or be the main player to get all the hits in an instance. Decoy is awesome for making quests go by so fast and making it easier for shutting off turrets and other elements in the game. There are so many choices and load out dancing can help out alot too.

Broken Bones
04-04-2013, 09:26 PM
My favorite power so far is cloak but my brothers both play. one uses decoy and its very usefull from what i see, the other uses blur which is my least favorite but is great if your into rushing in its very useful

chicksticker
04-04-2013, 09:27 PM
I love blur its the best. You can use it to get in or out of battle fast, flank , get to your teammate for the revive, plus when you activate it you feel like the 6 million dollar man "Shananananananananana" lol

DemonDog
04-04-2013, 09:29 PM
yeah i picked cloak as well, i mean think about it, its the best for co-op, if you notice the other powers are more for competitive play

Broken Bones
04-04-2013, 09:32 PM
yeah i agree. if anything you can just put different powers for different load outs, one for PvE the other for PvP

DemonDog
04-04-2013, 09:33 PM
yeah i agree. if anything you can just put different powers for different load outs, one for PvE the other for PvP

i think you can put different powers in different loadouts, i still havent figured out how though.

Ohgood
04-04-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm a huge fan of blur. It's hands down the best power that you can pair with a shotgun, and it works both as an offensive and defensive skill. Pick up the gunslinger perk for more critical damage when hip firing and enjoy blowing away enemies at high speeds.

also, now that ammo crates have been added into the game, I can just blur myself over to them real quick for less downtime when in an Arkfall.

Decoy seems pretty awesome too. Overcharge seems pretty meh, It's a DPS skill yet I consistently place in the top 3 in arkfalls without it. When a blur user is outputting more damage than overcharge users it indicates that overcharge isn't all it's cracked up to be.

lPATT
04-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm a huge fan of blur. It's hands down the best power that you can pair with a shotgun, and it works both as an offensive and defensive skill. Pick up the gunslinger perk for more critical damage when hip firing and enjoy blowing away enemies at high speeds.

also, now that ammo crates have been added into the game, I can just blur myself over to them real quick for less downtime when in an Arkfall.

Decoy seems pretty awesome too. Overcharge seems pretty meh, It's a DPS skill yet I consistently place in the top 3 in arkfalls without it. When a blur user is outputting more damage than overcharge users it indicates that overcharge isn't all it's cracked up to be.

i know what you mean >_< many people who use overcharge use weapon with low damage . 30% of nothing won't help you ... overcharge only get good with high damage weapon ...

for the best power i will say Blur is =)

Broken Bones
04-04-2013, 09:40 PM
yeah you just have to access you differnet load out by pressing triangle in you load out screen i think

Veraza
04-04-2013, 10:00 PM
The only problem with EGO powers is the long recharge time, but I see why Trion made it so. I wouldn't want 1-ups over tactics.

Ohgood
04-04-2013, 10:05 PM
The only problem with EGO powers is the long recharge time, but I see why Trion made it so. I wouldn't want 1-ups over tactics.

Not if you set up your perks right. With Blur you can grab a perk that reduces recharge time by 12 seconds, another nearby perk recharges your EGO power with each kill, another nearby perk increases your Blur Duration by 12 seonds, and then on top of that you can get another perk that extends the duration of Blur with each kill you get while using it.

It's not a super fast recharge, but it's faster than normal, and once you activate it you can keep it going a good while.

TaiGir
04-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Not if you set up your perks right. With Blur you can grab a perk that reduces recharge time by 12 seconds, another nearby perk recharges your EGO power with each kill, another nearby perk increases your Blur Duration by 12 seonds, and then on top of that you can get another perk that extends the duration of Blur with each kill you get while using it.

It's not a super fast recharge, but it's faster than normal, and once you activate it you can keep it going a good while.

On top of this, you can get synergies on your guns that refill your ego power (I've seen up to 10% for full reload)

Raomin
04-04-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm currently using Overcharge. I kind of like seeing the big Critical numbers with my sniper rifle, but I'm assuming there are more useful options out there for me.

JohnnyInk
04-05-2013, 01:37 AM
I'm currently using Overcharge. I kind of like seeing the big Critical numbers with my sniper rifle, but I'm assuming there are more useful options out there for me.

I'm using cloak for sniper, with perks that lower recharge time, and makes the power last longer, but to be honest I think over charge may be the better perk for sniping if you can get a good vantage point with the right perks, and the right mods, you'll do some extensive damage and make the ego last longer with each critical.. Just something I've been thinking about, I only use cloak to a) escape or b) reload, rarely many uses I've noticed it's a very defensive ego unless you have a boom stick then it's extremely offensive

Chump Norris
04-05-2013, 03:38 AM
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9rqh6x.jpg..........

Doomsong
04-05-2013, 04:19 AM
I think overcharge needs to be optimized for ROF. Best guns for it at least from my experience are high clip, high ROF guns. Key is to use its secondary ability insta reload. You empty clip, fire insta reload OV empty another clip, with perk for reload speed during OV you can empty 2+ clips from SMG during its duration. I would be top dd in every arkfall if SMG were not eating ammo soo fast. Other option is full auto HMG, Assault rifle or a slug auto shotgun.

Vyvian07
04-05-2013, 05:23 AM
i think you can put different powers in different loadouts, i still havent figured out how though.

As best I could tell, you can just pick different perks/powers in your other loadout. Like when I added a 3rd to my regular loadout and then checked #2, the 3rd slot was still empty. I was lame and just put the same one in that slot, but don't see why you couldn't pick a different one.

WaGzy
04-05-2013, 05:34 AM
I enjoy cloak however it isn't that consistent at times, sometimes im invisible and yeah rockets etc still hit me and Elites/bugs still pop out underneath me...

Woody
04-05-2013, 07:29 AM
decoy all the way in PVE. use decoy and all mobs in the area will focus on the decoy while you pick up the quest item. And as long as the decoy is around, nothing will attack you no matter how many bullets you spray into them. Cloak for PvP.

AmishWarMachine
04-05-2013, 08:04 AM
decoy all the way in PVE. use decoy and all mobs in the area will focus on the decoy while you pick up the quest item. And as long as the decoy is around, nothing will attack you no matter how many bullets you spray into them. Cloak for PvP.Agreed.

In a game where you're often pitted against a large mob of enemies, the crowd control tool Decoy can be is amazing.

EDIT: And since you can trade places with your projection with a hit of L2, it's also an effective teleporting tool~