PDA

View Full Version : Contracts need waypoint, Map need labels

MattN
04-04-2013, 07:08 PM
So I opened up contracts, need to collect 20 jewels , google this and it showed I can collect these from from 2 types of mobs at north point mine.

No idea where it is. The map doesn't have any labels....wtf??? Contracts need a way point, am I suppose to remember everything there is?

oops519
04-04-2013, 07:25 PM
The map in this game is absolutely terrible. It needs to contain the names of zones and key locations. As it is, the map is only useful for fast traveling.

dragonuy
04-04-2013, 07:40 PM
So I opened up contracts, need to collect 20 jewels , google this and it showed I can collect these from from 2 types of mobs at north point mine.

No idea where it is. The map doesn't have any labels....wtf??? Contracts need a way point, am I suppose to remember everything there is?
if you actually read the whole contract normally it will give you an idea where you have to do it, some of them say in bays some in farms and some of them say in madera, etc.
after you play the game a few days you will know where everything is at.
Marking Contracts is not needed, what else you want getting the contract and get teleported to where you have to kill the enemies also, or even better how about you get the contract and the enemies come to you?
Man we have become lazy as F*CK or what.
If they make it that easy you will get bored of the simplicity of the game in 2 days and you would stop playing it.

About labels on the map, yeah it could have some labels, but again after you go to a the spots a few times you don't need labels to remember the locations.

JonDav
04-04-2013, 07:45 PM
if you actually read the whole contract normally it will give you an idea where you have to do it, some of them say in bays some in farms and some of them say in madera, etc.
Marking Contracts is not needed, what else you want getting the contract and get teleported to where you have to kill the enemies also, or even better how about you get the contract and the enemies come to you?
If they make it that easy you will get bored of the simplicity of the game in 2 days and you would stop playing it.

About labels on the map, yeah it could have some labels, but again after you go to a the spots a few times you don't need labels to remember the locations.

Lord you groupies are the worst. Since when does a so-called "MMO" not have a properly labeled map? How the hell does expecting a so-called "MMO" to have a freakin properly labeled map equate to being lazy?

Truhls
04-04-2013, 07:47 PM

Wow, fanboi of the century here. People like you are the reason why games die instead of prosper.

Voidfox
04-04-2013, 07:49 PM
I would like a labelled map, would definitely help with navigating around the world. Markers for contracts would be nice, but I would want them to work on more pressing issues first.

Blackwolfe
04-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Labels, yes. That would be awesome. Waypoints? Thats not really needed if you got labels.

Xazur
04-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Yep, label that dam map. After playing for 3 days, I just go from mission to mission. I actually never did the contracts of purpose of after seeing 1 of my contracts ending in a couple of hours, I decided to try to finish it. I was doing the one were it said to kill blasters and rioters in mines, and blasters in farms. Honestly, unless you "look" at the map seeing the patterns on the map itself you won't be able to tell what is. I drove around a few of the places, but some were right. Anyways, label the dam map so people can know what that place is. Put lines and divide the map into areas and label their names on it and maybe indicate what type of area it is.

Legs
04-04-2013, 08:05 PM
A few zone area labels would be nice, but way-points to or labels for every single location (Random farm A, Abandoned mine B, etc) are hardly necessary. Not to mention a -lot- of the Ego 'find area' rewards would be completely cheapened if there was a way-point and label to hold your hand along the way.

No way I know of to lvl up your ride without putting some distance under the wheels anyway ;)

scrawnypaleman
04-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Waypoints for contracts sound like a no no to me. That would make it too easy. I say set up a grid system, then in the contracts it will say "Possible locations are A5, D3" something like that.

Blackwolfe
04-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Well of course labels on the map should only appear after you've actually been there.

Ralifur
04-04-2013, 08:14 PM
The 99'er one and the raider one can be done in dungeons. The motherlode is for the 99ers. I dont remember the one for the raiders.

As for the mutants it describes pretty well where you find them. hulkers is a memorisable area as soon u encounter them u rarely forget where you encountered them. the matrons or whatever its called is an arkfall event with that big hellbug that looks like a bumm.Stimpacks also pretty well described where to get.

Rest of them is pretty much a giveaway as to where to get them.

Contracts currently super bugged tho. I noticed every single contract I have will reset once I enter a dungeon (Excluding the stimpack one) so u can do them again repetitively. goes for weeklies as well. Hope this one will get fixed soonish.

Happy farming. :-)

PS: The jewel one is indeed a vague description but if u do read the different dungeons descriptions u will notice one of them telling you raiders has taken over a mine. :-P

NinthPrejudice
04-04-2013, 08:59 PM

Are you an idiot? Even maps in real life have labels. Calling us lazy? This is a shooter, not a hidden object game. I don't want to drive around the whole map searching for the right mob to shoot at just to fulfill some contract. You need to think for yourself and stop believing that everything the Devs make is perfect.

Jardian
04-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Ok on this one I have to agree brought it up in beta as well. When you discover a place on the map it needs to make it with a name plain and simple. Come on its a game where people explore and they dont know how to take a sharpie or a burnt peice of wood and mark the name of a place on their own map when they find it wth...Even if the map is on their pda that you see your char use your telling me it can scan for dna tell you your an idiot but cant put a tag on a damn map ...

Fros7bite
04-04-2013, 09:16 PM
+1 Needs names for areas.

Anonymous
04-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Labels, yes. That would be awesome. Waypoints? Thats not really needed if you got labels.

This right here. Labels are enough to at least assist with finding things. If you take a break from the game or otherwise are just caught up in other things in-game, it's easy to forget where things/areas are.

Tribeca76
04-04-2013, 09:57 PM

Wow...

Fan boy much dude?
I guess if I bought a map in RL and it had no labels on it at all or names I would be lazy for trying to return it.

EAST N2382R
04-04-2013, 10:05 PM
I highly doubt you know where anything is, this world is pretty big and the game progresses you through areas pretty damn quickly. Not to mention people zipping around for arkfalls. Lol also how does map labels lead to 2 days of gameplay or rather make any aspect of this game any easier (besides pursuits),,,

cab0218
04-04-2013, 10:08 PM
What we need is a strategy guide if there is not stuff in game or someone has to make a map with all the info.

Elandriel
04-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Your are all exaggerating. We have the best map ever made. You can just sit there and stare into those beautiful moving lines and dots and be amazed. What a good job they've done?!
Never, in a history of humankind has there been a better map. A map with filter over it so it makes you squint and look reaaaaaly long before you can find what you are looking for. A map without labels or almost any other identifiable features is just so fabolously cool it's a wonder noone has thought of that before.
I bet that the one that designed it got a raise for such a good job, so stop complaining and realize that it can't get any better.