PDA

View Full Version : How many titles are availalbe to one character for the valentine event?

Handle
02-10-2015, 11:39 AM
The official posts and defiancedata.com say you get "a chance at one of the following titles" for this event. For example, copying from defiancedata:

A chance at one of the following titles:

Smooth Operator (only for Patron Pass Owners)
Charmer
Casanova

However, I know someone who has Smooth Operator and Charmer. Can anyone confirm getting more than one, or even all 3?

Dixie Cougar
02-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Funny you mention it, I actually got both Smooth Operator AND Charmer on one of my chars yesterday. So I think that's an imprecise way of saying you get the titles from the arkfalls and nothing more.

Cyripax NeoPrime
02-10-2015, 12:13 PM
I was really wondering about this also. The wording was discouraging me a bit.

Tura Satana
02-10-2015, 12:32 PM
I have all three. I think they meant the chance at getting one title from each arkfall.

Fuzzy
02-10-2015, 12:37 PM
I have all three. I think they meant the chance at getting one title from each arkfall.

Yes, indeed we did!
I'm sorry if it's worded unclear. Our rewards are per arkfall.
All other rewards are listed per Arkfall as well.

For major Arkfalls that is:
You get one mod, one weapon (with the chance at a jackpot), the chance at one of the three titles and the chance at the pith helmet per Arkfall.

We've never had someone being confused by it! Sometime is always the first time :) I'll change the article to state "chance per Arkfall" so it's clear!

OMERTA
02-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Well I got charmer and hat at my first and then smooth operator and OJ smg at the third then I got a OJ Automatic Carbine in the sixt or seventh one

Ryker Vorton
02-11-2015, 07:57 AM
yes it is possible to get the three of them.

I hope they fixed the issue letting you get the same title multiple times (as we reported in the PTS) Actually some of use were racing to see who got more of each title :p

Fuzzy
02-11-2015, 08:18 AM
yes it is possible to get the three of them.

I hope they fixed the issue letting you get the same title multiple times (as we reported in the PTS) Actually some of use were racing to see who got more of each title :p

You won that race lol. Title RNG hated me on PTS. And no, the issue isn't fixed from what I could tell. Clanmates reported getting the same one a few times :D

Ryker Vorton
02-11-2015, 08:48 AM
You won that race lol. Title RNG hated me on PTS. And no, the issue isn't fixed from what I could tell. Clanmates reported getting the same one a few times :D

Well, i had to finally win on something :p (lame, but a win is a win) lol

Handle
02-11-2015, 11:51 PM
Can anyone who has all 3 titles post screenshots of them in their title list? I have been running these events non-stop. The first one with the headgear came quick, the second one took a little bit of work, but the third one seems incredibly rare in comparison to the first two. Did anyone else experience this? As for the screenshots, I just want to see how many people have them all that are willing to show it, but it isn't really necessary. I'm more interested in opinions on the seemingly progressively, exponentially increasing difficulty in getting the 3rd title.

Alliiara
02-12-2015, 01:18 AM
Can anyone who has all 3 titles post screenshots of them in their title list? I have been running these events non-stop. The first one with the headgear came quick, the second one took a little bit of work, but the third one seems incredibly rare in comparison to the first two. Did anyone else experience this? As for the screenshots, I just want to see how many people have them all that are willing to show it, but it isn't really necessary. I'm more interested in opinions on the seemingly progressively, exponentially increasing difficulty in getting the 3rd title.
I must have had extremely good luck as I got them all on the first day of the event. My first minor got me the Cassanova title and the Pith Helmet, it took several other majors to get the two titles. I got them both in a row from two majors. Here is the screen of all three:
http://i.imgur.com/KL9JWqr.jpg

Octo
02-12-2015, 01:48 AM
I also got the Casanova and Charmer titles after maybe 3 or 4 majors. And the ugly hat too.
And boy i'm everything but lucky with this game, so i guess it's not that hard to get them :D
I didnt get the third one but here is what DefianceData say about this one:
A chance per Arkfall at one of the following titles:
(http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=458)

Maybe that's why you didnt get it :)

Bentu
02-12-2015, 02:13 AM
I've got both of these on my NA character, Smooth Operator, Charmer and Casanova on my EU character.

Ryker Vorton
02-12-2015, 06:32 AM

In the PTS i can tell you i got them like this:

Casanova 30+ times
Smooth Op. 10-11 times (available for patron pass holders only)
Charmer 4-5 times

So i guess there is a sample on their rarity. This was during 2 weeks of testing and completing around 30+ arkfalls per day.

Handle
02-12-2015, 03:58 PM
I also got the Casanova and Charmer titles after maybe 3 or 4 majors. And the ugly hat too.
And boy i'm everything but lucky with this game, so i guess it's not that hard to get them :D
I didnt get the third one but here is what DefianceData say about this one:
A chance per Arkfall at one of the following titles:
(http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=458)

Maybe that's why you didnt get it :)

I have a Paton Pass, and I have Smooth Operator and Charmer. Both of them were easy to get. Casanova strangely elusive, and it might have something to do with that. Is there anyone with a Patron Pass that is also having trouble getting the third title? I've talked to people that aren't Patrons that have all 3, maybe there is a bug getting the 3rd title is you are a patron.

konstantinov
02-12-2015, 04:19 PM
I have a Paton Pass, and I have Smooth Operator and Charmer. Both of them were easy to get. Casanova strangely elusive, and it might have something to do with that. Is there anyone with a Patron Pass that is also having trouble getting the third title? I've talked to people that aren't Patrons that have all 3, maybe there is a bug getting the 3rd title is you are a patron.

Yes I'm in the same boat.

Handle
02-12-2015, 04:41 PM

Ok, we might have nailed it then. Patron Pass owners were supposed to be the only ones able to get "Smooth Operator", but that one seems to be available to everyone. However, it seems there is a mistake that being a Patron actually prevents you from getting Casanova. Is this your experience konstantinov, and is there anyone else that can confirm this?

Fuzzy
02-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Ok, we might have nailed it then. Patron Pass owners were supposed to be the only ones able to get "Smooth Operator", but that one seems to be available to everyone. However, it seems there is a mistake that being a Patron actually prevents you from getting Casanova. Is this your experience konstantinov, and is there anyone else that can confirm this?

Look at Alliara's post. There are all three titles on there.
Personally, I only got Charmer so far, none of the others. On PTS, I got only Smooth Operator despite doing hundreds of minors. RNG sucks sometimes!

SirServed
02-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Personally, I only got Charmer so far, none of the others. On PTS, I got only Smooth Operator despite doing hundreds of minors. RNG sucks sometimes!
The question after looking at Alliara's post should be: Are you a Patron? This would either confirm or deny the conclusions that several players appear to have come to.

Handle
02-12-2015, 04:58 PM

I see it, but Alliara did not state whether or not she was a Patron. My suspicion is that only non-patrons can get all 3 titles. That's what I'm trying to get feedback on, to see if anyone who is a Patron has gotten all 3.

konstantinov
02-12-2015, 05:06 PM
I'm a patron but not a Casanova apparently.

Fuzzy
02-12-2015, 05:19 PM
I see it, but Alliara did not state whether or not she was a Patron. My suspicion is that only non-patrons can get all 3 titles. That's what I'm trying to get feedback on, to see if anyone who is a Patron has gotten all 3.

You cannot get the Smooth Operator title without being a Patron. So my guess is, Alliara is a Patron.

ironmetal
02-12-2015, 05:20 PM
so far i got Smooth Operator, Charmer:D

Holy Bahamut3
02-12-2015, 05:32 PM

Same here.

Alliiara
02-12-2015, 06:39 PM

I am a patron but I wasn't until after I already got a title. I got the 'cassanova' title, purchased patron and several arkfalls later I got 'smooth operator' and charmer right after that.

Handle
02-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Ok, I got Casanova finally. Everyone I've talked to says the got it from a minor, however. It seems extremely rare in comparison to the other to, even though I've been running just about as many minors as majors.

So just as an update, for anyone interested in all 3 titles, you do not have to be a Patron, but you might have to run minor CC arkfalls to get all titles.

Holy Bahamut3
02-13-2015, 03:54 PM
Ok, I got Casanova finally. Everyone I've talked to says the got it from a minor, however. It seems extremely rare in comparison to the other to, even though I've been running just about as many minors as majors.

So just as an update, for anyone interested in all 3 titles, you do not have to be a Patron, but you might have to run minor CC arkfalls to get all titles.

Minor? Like the ones that lead up to the majors or a stand alone minor?

Handle
02-13-2015, 04:54 PM
Minor? Like the ones that lead up to the majors or a stand alone minor?

The stand alone minors that aren't part of a major.

You can see Alliiara also got hers from a minor from a quote earlier in the thread:

My first minor got me the Cassanova title and the Pith Helmet, it took several other majors to get the two titles. I got them both in a row from two majors.

Holy Bahamut3
02-13-2015, 05:47 PM
The stand alone minors that aren't part of a major.

You can see Alliiara also got hers from a minor from a quote earlier in the thread:

Hmm, I haven't seen one yet, but now I know to keep my eyes open.

Handle
04-02-2015, 02:52 PM
I'm just going to bump this thread up for those who missed the event, and also to confirm that it is correct for me, because it still seems that the cassanova title only comes from the CC minors.

If anyone has gotten cassanova from a major(and you are sure about it), please let us know. I'm pretty sure I discovered or alerted the community to this phenomenon. I'd like to know let everyone know if I'm wrong and can just run majors.