PDA

View Full Version : Weapon scaling?

h311ion
02-11-2015, 03:29 AM
I'm fairly new (3.2k ego) and have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to. I've been using a blue shield I found at ego 300 and have just been upgrading it to match my ego through the matrix. I did this because I noticed it has almost twice as much shield capacity as other shields I find around my ego level if I kept upgrading it. I ended up doing this with an OJ weapon I found early and the damage on it is MUCH higher than other SMGs of the same class and ego.

I guess I have two questions, is it supposed to scale like that? Items that you find at a lower ego and keep upgrading.

My main, and also other question, is that it stopped scaling finally. When I hit about 2.5k ego the weapon damage would only go up about 10 damage if I tried to upgrade its ego rating to match mine, when before it would change by 100 damage. That's a HUGE difference. The same goes for my shield, it now only moves up by 10 instead of 100. Is this normal and how does the scaling work?

Atticus Batman
02-11-2015, 03:43 AM
I'm fairly new (3.2k ego) and have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to. I've been using a blue shield I found at ego 300 and have just been upgrading it to match my ego through the matrix. I did this because I noticed it has almost twice as much shield capacity as other shields I find around my ego level if I kept upgrading it. I ended up doing this with an OJ weapon I found early and the damage on it is MUCH higher than other SMGs of the same class and ego.

I guess I have two questions, is it supposed to scale like that? Items that you find at a lower ego and keep upgrading.

My main, and also other question, is that it stopped scaling finally. When I hit about 2.5k ego the weapon damage would only go up about 10 damage if I tried to upgrade its ego rating to match mine, when before it would change by 100 damage. That's a HUGE difference. The same goes for my shield, it now only moves up by 10 instead of 100. Is this normal and how does the scaling work?

If you compared your oj to an identical oj of the same level it would be the same damage. The main difference in damage comes from :
1)each smg type being different
2)each nano type has a different damage modifier that affects damage. Here's the nano info: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=15

As for the damage/capacity increase as the guns/shields are leveled. You are right at some points the increase is crap. Gear has a weird increase measurement. There is a graph somewhere showing it.

Found it:

Why does EGO scaling of weapons use such an irregular function? Why couldn't you just make it plain linear or polynomial?
http://i.imgur.com/e3ylQtk.png

(the above is a plot of a white thunder's damage from EGO 36 all the way to 5736; data courtesy of maverick07)

h311ion
02-11-2015, 04:19 AM
Ah wow perfect, thanks for that! I appreciate it!

Ryker Vorton
02-11-2015, 07:35 AM
I remember i did the test with a vendor weapon, after upgrading it during 3000 levels it was a but above 10% (maybe 12%) better than the very same weapon from the vendor at the same level.

Actually, it would be pretty logic that an upgraded weapon would get better stats than a plain "just found" weapon because of the higher investment put in it.

Did the same test with a mission reward shield (the Rhino from the piper mission line) and the upgraded one was around a 5% better than the just found one

Claydough
02-11-2015, 07:44 AM
The scaling curve is good because between levels that dont scale well, all weapons you loot are viable to use for 500 ego levels before you hit the spike again.

This help when you find a good purple sheild for example, level up 100-200 ego, then loot a lower rarity sheild that has much greater cap