PDA

View Full Version : New Email has False Advertising.

Tigercml
02-11-2015, 02:51 PM
The new email for the Valentines event clearly states that the Night Porter Outfit will drop from the event. It doesn't say anything about having to buy lock boxes for it. This is false advertising.
http://s11.postimg.org/t9cbb81kj/wp_ss_20150211_0001.png

Tigercml
02-11-2015, 04:38 PM
After calming down and talking to Rashere through some PM's he told me:

"I totally understand and I'm as frustrated as anyone about the confusion. The outfit can't be added to the event at this point. That ship has sailed. By the time we could get an update out, the event will be over. But, I am talking with the guy who does the store stuff to see if we can set up the costume as a direct purchase option alongside the box. There's some oddities we have to figure out relative to the outfit being in both the box and direct purchase, but I'm hopeful we can sort those out."

I really hope you add it to the store as I and I'm sure many others will happily buy it. Rashere, I do want to apologies again for being rude the past few days and I appreciate you trying to help us out during this situation.

Belle Starr
02-11-2015, 04:55 PM
After calming down and talking to Rashere through some PM's he told me:

"I totally understand and I'm as frustrated as anyone about the confusion. The outfit can't be added to the event at this point. That ship has sailed. By the time we could get an update out, the event will be over. But, I am talking with the guy who does the store stuff to see if we can set up the costume as a direct purchase option alongside the box. There's some oddities we have to figure out relative to the outfit being in both the box and direct purchase, but I'm hopeful we can sort those out."

I really hope you add it to the store as I and I'm sure many others will happily buy it. Rashere, I do want to apologies again for being rude the past few days and I appreciate you trying to help us out during this situation.

I said it before and I'll say again! Just re-skin the Night Porter outfit! Just change the colors, maybe just two, white and red, then u won't be putting the same exact outfit in the store, so those who bought it won't fee gipped, and it should be different enough to be no problem to put in the store!

I'm no techie, so maybe it's more difficult to re-skin an item than I think, but according what I've read, it isn't!

You can even call it Belle's Ball Gown! No, better not! I can see crude jokes at my expense if u do! LOL!

cmpowell
02-11-2015, 04:55 PM
It also says hell breaker instead of heart breaker, lol. someone needs a proofreader

nathanpbutler
02-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Then the entire second bullet is false advertising. I want hellbreaker stuff! ;)

SmokinRoses
02-11-2015, 05:04 PM
I said it before and I'll say again! Just re-skin the Night Porter outfit! Just change the colors, maybe just two, white and red, then u won't be putting the same exact outfit in the store, so those who bought it won't fee gipped, and it should be different enough to be no problem to put in the store!

I'm no techie, so maybe it's more difficult to re-skin an item than I think, but according what I've read, it isn't!

You can even call it Belle's Ball Gown! No, better not! I can see crude jokes at my expense if u do! LOL!

That would be awesome! I love purple, my favorite color. But would be cool, if they can re-skin!

Nefarious
02-11-2015, 05:12 PM
PM stands for Private Message. Tisk tisk.

But anyway I just don't see why they dont make it a guarantee to earn a outfit piece when buying these lock boxes along with the random grab bag of loot with rare chance of other goodies like a caeruleum core or event named weapon.

So lets say there are 4 outfit pieces as so. If a person gets a guaranteed outfit piece then they are going to consider on wanting to buy it. But if they got a outfit piece with a rare chance of getting a named gun then hell yeah they are going to want to buy it as its a win win for the person looking to buy it. They get a outfit piece plus a chance to get a Named weapon that's really good.

Instead of how it is now in that you have a chance to be jipped. The consumer should walk away with something. Hell even at carnival games now at days you always win something from those rigged things. You might not get the giant life sized stuffed animal Gorilla but you get something, if not no one would play them.

And lets face it are those carnival games losing out on money for giving a little stuffed toy to ppl for just playing? No. Because the little one they give out cost 1$ and to play it cost 3$.

So Trion, what are you doing? These are computer generated items, outfit pieces, they are not even real life stuffed animals. And you are hogging them away.

Its the worst. An other way to think about it is imagine if you had to buy milk from the grocery store and when you went up to the cashier there was a dice on the table. You give your money to the cashier then the cashier hands you the dice. Now you have to roll the dice and get a 4 or higher. If you don't the cashier keeps your money and you don't get your milk. Would you go back to that store to buy milk there ever again??? lol

So how many people do you think bought a lock box and got absolutely nothing and decided to never buy one again? Friggen millions.

And how many do you think look at how the Bit Store RNG boxes work and decide to pass up it all together? More millions.

Ya' lozing Millions...

Bonehead
02-11-2015, 05:24 PM
I will never get over not getting any Hellbreaker gear EVER!!!!!

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy5_zpsb904c06d.gif

hardy83
02-11-2015, 06:19 PM
1. It doesn't TECHNICALLY say it drops from the event, that it will drop from fighting hellbugs. Not even specific really. lol... Still misleading and wrong though.
Also it says "plus" which I guess whoever wrote it thought was enough to distinguish it from the event/killing rewards, which it clearly isn't.

2. If you're going to take a pic of your phone, hide the phones UI. Come on now.

3. Charge your battery.

4. It technically mentions the hat too, so one should be clamoring for the hats to be put directly for sale too. :P

Also I have the outfit on the PTS. It's meh. I prefer the Lucifer's Knave outfit, which I surprisingly got from my first Halloween lockbox. Never got any of the masks though. :(

Scapes
02-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Then the entire second bullet is false advertising. I want hellbreaker stuff! ;)

Reiterating what Rashere mentioned via PMs, the whole team is apologetic about this email refreshing the confusion from earlier this week about what drops in-game versus from lock boxes. We'll be more closely reviewing them before they go live moving forward. This will also prevent sudden renamings of established new synergies (yep, "Hellbreaker" should be "Heartbreaker").

Mister Derpenhowser
02-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Reiterating what Rashere mentioned via PMs, the whole team is apologetic about this email refreshing the confusion from earlier this week about what drops in-game versus from lock boxes. We'll be more closely reviewing them before they go live moving forward. This will also prevent sudden renamings of established new synergies (yep, "Hellbreaker" should be "Heartbreaker").

You gotta be kidding if you think people believe this was an error right... said it would drop in pts patch notes.. I hear (and I say I hear as I can't confirm) that it was mentioned in the livestream and now we all get emails saying the items can drop at events. I've heard of sloppy PR but 3 strikes unnoticed? I don't think so.

hardy83
02-11-2015, 07:07 PM
You gotta be kidding if you think people believe this was an error right... said it would drop in pts patch notes.. I hear (and I say I hear as I can't confirm) that it was mentioned in the livestream and now we all get emails saying the items can drop at events. I've heard of sloppy PR but 3 strikes unnoticed? I don't think so.

Why would you even think it was intentional?

Hmmm...Let's mislead people into thinking the outfits drop in-game so they don't have to spend bits on the lockboxes to get them. Totally misleading them in that way will totally make us more money! MUAHAHAHA!

...If they were going to mislead people, they would mislead them TO the thing that makes them money. Not away from it.

Mister Derpenhowser
02-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Why would you even think it was intentional?

Hmmm...Let's mislead people into thinking the outfits drop in-game so they don't have to spend bits on the lockboxes to get them. Totally misleading them in that way will totally make us more money! MUAHAHAHA!

...If they were going to mislead people, they would mislead them TO the thing that makes them money. Not away from it.

No, you're reading into what I've said wrongly. I believe these were going to be obtainable at majors until greed got the better of someone high up at the last minute and rather than give something to the community that feeds them they decided to try and make a quick buck instead.

Tigercml
02-11-2015, 07:18 PM

Scapes, I would graciously accept a nice Night Porter outfit as a token of appreciation.;)

hardy83
02-11-2015, 07:22 PM
No, you're reading into what I've said wrongly. I believe these were going to be obtainable at majors until greed got the better of someone high up at the last minute and rather than give something to the community that feeds them they decided to try and make a quick buck instead.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I still disagree, they were probably going to be in lockboxes the whole time. lol I mean, come on, it's Trion. They are in love with lockboxes right now. Go look at Rift. it's insane. If it's a new mount, it's in a lockbox, and if on the rare occasion it's for sale in the store directly, it's $30 in credits.

I just think it was several instances of "brain farting" lol an no malice was involved. Just lots of brain farting. lol

Chump Norris
02-11-2015, 07:34 PM
It also says outfits!! Where are the rest of the CC outfits??

Oktharr
02-11-2015, 07:48 PM

I'm quoting this because it's important.

I am not *expecting* anything from you guys because of this typo. But let's be honest: you all messed up on your end, and this is false advertising.

You need to be more careful in the future. As a restaurant employee, your dinner would have been free at this point. Please be more careful in the future, as this is completely unacceptable to be honest.

Again, I am not expecting anything, but you all need to double and triple check things before you send them out. A lawyer might not be as forgiving.

brokenshield
02-11-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm quoting this because it's important.

I am not *expecting* anything from you guys because of this typo. But let's be honest: you all messed up on your end, and this is false advertising.

You need to be more careful in the future. As a restaurant employee, your dinner would have been free at this point. Please be more careful in the future, as this is completely unacceptable to be honest.

Again, I am not expecting anything, but you all need to double and triple check things before you send them out. A lawyer might not be as forgiving.

Though I believe Trion has again dropped the ball, I do have to say this in their defense. If I understand your analogy, keep in mind that your "meal" in this case is already free. If you had paid for it then you could say you had grounds for a complaint.

Again I am not for the whole lockbox, outfit issue.