PDA

View Full Version : Recruit or expert lockboxes?

derpy5150
02-11-2015, 05:36 PM
So I was looking at the differnces between the expert and recruit lockboxes and I koticed that the expert lock box offers only one more item, without any difference in rarity than the recruit lockbox, but has three times the cost of the lockbox.
So it goes like this
24 keys-->3 items
8 keys---> 2 items
If you got three recruit boxes you'd have double the amount you'd get from an expert lock box. Is this because the expert boxes give better gear? If so, it makes no mention of it in-game.

cmpowell
02-11-2015, 05:41 PM
expert box gives chance for oj grenades, higher af drops and better chance for oj weapons(don't quote me on the weapons part can't remember for sure)

stefb42
02-12-2015, 04:47 AM
Expert box can drop orange gear, however if you're low ego you may have trouble maintaining orange gear, so recruit boxes are better value if you aren't bothered about orange gear at the moment, recruit boxes can drop anything up to purple gear

Atticus Batman
02-12-2015, 04:57 AM
Doesn't recruit drop the least Arkforge as well?

hardy83
02-12-2015, 06:25 AM
Pretty sure they nerfed the heck out of the green and blue quality lockboxes.
The epic is the best to go in terms of drops, but, yeah, if you're a low EGO and just want some weapons, maybe for for a bunch of blue ones instead.

Also orange weapons aren't hard to maintain at low ego. Just don't bother with the mods or worry about resetting it or anything.
If you out level it and find a better weapon, keep it though. You might want to raise the EGO up when you get a higher level to use it again.

stefb42
02-12-2015, 06:56 AM
Yeah I said maintain and also might but yeah better will come along, keeping gear current, especially a full loadout is a grind that's not necessary,example I level up at every major, sometimes twice bit only receive 3-5 forge per major meaning I wouldn't earn enough to keep a loadout current, arkforge better saved for when you're higher ego, but that's just my opinion

fwiw I still get as many oranges from blue boxes as I do from purple