PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Auto Assault Rifle??

KingTyger
02-13-2015, 01:41 AM
I've been using one for a while now, I like the control of it, reminds me of the M14, But I am wondering, is there one with High Damage/Crit and low Bloom out there? cause It be nice to have a Assault Rifle that can work as a Semi-Auto Rifle too, I am used to Semi-Auto Snipers but looking to have a Assault Rifle with Long Range and act like a Semi Sniper, Maybe I am asking to much hahahaha, but I like the design of the Semi Assault. BTW, new to the game, only been a week in it, but looking forward for long play.

Eleni
02-13-2015, 01:45 AM
I've been using one for a while now, I like the control of it, reminds me of the M14, But I am wondering, is there one with High Damage/Crit and low Bloom out there? cause It be nice to have a Assault Rifle that can work as a Semi-Auto Rifle too, I am used to Semi-Auto Snipers but looking to have a Assault Rifle with Long Range and act like a Semi Sniper, Maybe I am asking to much hahahaha, but I like the design of the Semi Assault. BTW, new to the game, only been a week in it, but looking forward for long play.

FRC heavy assault carbine.

It has a built-in zoom, its total semi (1/1 shot), has nearly no recoil and a pinpoint as aim.

Have fun.

KingTyger
02-13-2015, 02:42 AM
FRC, dang, I havent had that one yet -.-, sounds good, adding a stock for recoil, a fall off barrel, is the stock Scope worth keeping or should i got with the highest scope in the vendor? and about Ammo, still thinking which one, would like the rifle to have electrode so it can stop the victim from moving, add in a catalist and a perk to help out, and I think I can be happy :) how much do they sell for in game? incase someone tries to sell me one.

SaikoTeek
02-13-2015, 02:42 AM
FRC heavy assault carbine.

It has a built-in zoom, its total semi (1/1 shot), has nearly no recoil and a pinpoint as aim.

Have fun.

I'll have to try that one out, because I prefer the same type o gun and only found the Volge Battle Rifle mk III to have a similar shooting style to what I was looking for, but I don't like all the flashy blue and the ricochet when you're shooting by something or at an object on the ground is horrible.

SaikoTeek
02-13-2015, 02:53 AM
I found the FRC at Bug n Chug by sheer luck on a timed special for like a grand a minute ago.

It shoots ok, but it still has a scope effect on aim.

If you're looking for the feel of a MK I like in COD (kind of the feel of a semi auto sniper with open sites), I'd go with the Volge. I don't know what they go for. I got mine from an expert lock box a while back. I doubt it'd cost too much because I never see anone shooting them.

Eleni
02-13-2015, 03:00 AM
FRC, dang, I havent had that one yet -.-, sounds good, adding a stock for recoil, a fall off barrel, is the stock Scope worth keeping or should i got with the highest scope in the vendor? and about Ammo, still thinking which one, would like the rifle to have electrode so it can stop the victim from moving, add in a catalist and a perk to help out, and I think I can be happy :) how much do they sell for in game? incase someone tries to sell me one.

How i mod it, personally, for comfort.

-Burst Mag (3x shot instead of one, few pressures allow you a quasi full auto firing at no recoil.

-Recoil stock (Even if its low, even lower can only be good - Melee just look good, pretty never used anyway)

-Falloff barrel (this is where everyone will argue, i just prefer to do not have damage penalty over distance instead of boosting damages or critik on short distance)

-Stabilisation sight (Whatever you will keep the scope as its built in. I go for this one as it decreases the movement accuracy aswell as the "standing" accuracy.

Elec nano give a big penalty to base damage.
I prefer overall without nano on this gun.

For perks, mix of hip and critik, as you will run n gun aswell as long aim.

I doubt it'd cost too much because I never see anone shooting them.

I do use em lol. i always loved Blast ARs and this heavy FRC model.
But im a bit "weird".

KingTyger
02-13-2015, 03:08 AM
Ok i got a blue one, I didnt know i had it lol, but from a distance, the gun doesnt shoot down the scope, it usually like 3 shots CLOSE to the point and one hits. maybe i am to far, i am at the ranch, where they sell the auto mods, shooting the back of the billboard from where you enter, usually just moves a bit, is it normal or the mods will make it more accurate?

Eleni
02-13-2015, 03:14 AM
Ok i got a blue one, I didnt know i had it lol, but from a distance, the gun doesnt shoot down the scope, it usually like 3 shots CLOSE to the point and one hits. maybe i am to far, i am at the ranch, where they sell the auto mods, shooting the back of the billboard from where you enter, usually just moves a bit, is it normal or the mods will make it more accurate?

Well its an AR not a snipe, but its way accurate enough for an AR with a scope.

You can add a longsight scope, the higher is the rarity of the sight mod you put on, the more it will go accurate.

So,...... yes.

You can try to get a epic or legendary gun with built in accuracy roll. Thats the quest of the "perfect" weapon after all.

KingTyger
02-13-2015, 04:22 AM
I also have a Volge Battle Rifle Gun MK IV (OJ) and MK III(purple), which i think are great single shooters and high precision but i cant seem to pull off a headshot critical. is it possible?

Eleni
02-13-2015, 04:29 AM
I also have a Volge Battle Rifle Gun MK IV (OJ) and MK III(purple), which i think are great single shooters and high precision but i cant seem to pull off a headshot critical. is it possible?

That an explosive weapon. Its slow, and not very powerful. Imao this one is a cheap gadjet.
If you like it (no shame in this) you can match explosive perks with, it will instant reload your gun and do extra damages on multiple foes/kills.

KingTyger
02-13-2015, 04:31 AM
I added the burst mod out of curiousity, and left the trigger on, it sends out 1 bird, then one bird then 2 at the same time

Eleni
02-13-2015, 04:32 AM
I added the burst mod out of curiousity, and left the trigger on, it sends out 1 bird, then one bird then 2 at the same time

I tryied it too, doesnt give any advantage on this model lol.

Ryker Vorton
02-13-2015, 06:05 AM
Well its an AR not a snipe, but its way accurate enough for an AR with a scope.

You can add a longsight scope, the higher is the rarity of the sight mod you put on, the more it will go accurate.

So,...... yes.

You can try to get a epic or legendary gun with built in accuracy roll. Thats the quest of the "perfect" weapon after all.

and here is where the legendary acc roll becomes useful, but it seems the huge majority never notice that. I am a big fan of the heavy assault carbine, my only issue with it is the scope... the triangular one wastes too much visual coverage, the "low" zoom mods are too dark and the tatical scope, which is not so dark, has way too much zoom for an AR

Eleni
02-13-2015, 06:13 AM
and here is where the legendary acc roll becomes useful, but it seems the huge majority never notice that. I am a big fan of the heavy assault carbine, my only issue with it is the scope... the triangular one wastes too much visual coverage, the "low" zoom mods are too dark and the tatical scope, which is not so dark, has way too much zoom for an AR

Hee Hee yip! i got a Heartbreaker with a oj acc roll, will try n compare once moded.

I love its triangular scope, as its unique :)

You can put a "lower" or "higher" scope on it and get a regular scope vision on it tho ; At the cost of the mouvement accuracy.

KingTyger
02-13-2015, 06:20 AM
OK, after hours of trying it, I cant get a good hit with it, I use semi sniper, but the damage is to low to do critical (well at my level), i got a bolt action rifle with 2500 dmg and 3.8 crit, that thing murders, but the FRC semi with the LOW bloom lets me fire 3 shots to the head quickly, -.-, the Carbine misses to much the head from a few yards, I love my semi-sniper, but this game is not much for snipers since the enemy has way to much range with way to much power lol, and using the Volge MK is sweet, but some enemies dont even feel the pain, gonna stick with the semi sniper FRC. btw, talking about Shotguns, I use the Grind Fragger that i got from mission, that thing is a beast, but the mag is to small for such rapid fire shotgun, any other shotgun like this? i dont mean by rapid fire, I mean by the WIDE spread damage of 303x8 i think is mine.

Eleni
02-13-2015, 06:32 AM
this game is not much for snipers

As long as you trigger you 1st shot, enemies will run to you, soooo youll have to move a lot and wont be in peace. Which is fair enough :)

KingTyger
02-13-2015, 06:38 AM
about charge snipers, do how much damage does it multiply by?

Ryker Vorton
02-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Charge snip0ers does a bit too much damage imho, basically even the worst charge semiauto can outdamage a bolt action (and that is just wrong!)

But, on a previous comment, i think you are a bit wrong trying to compare the performance of a semiauto sniper with a semiauto carbine, both in damage and precision the semiauto will always beat the carbine. The only advantage for the carbine is that you can shoot a lot faster, hence increasing dps.

I used the carbine quite a lot on my mine (i still got it in my inventory) until i got the Mamba with a 37 shots clip, that's the only semiauto sniper i really like (despite the fact that i hate it's rad nano and there is no way to have one on my preferred nanos) I believe it is possible to buy a mamba and downgrade it's ego rating now, but by then i had to wait till hitting 5k to be able to use it, got it fully t5 modded and it really rocks.

As far as the carbine goes, keep in mid always that it is just a carbine, so it will only one hit kill trash mobs, even with headshots it takes at least 2 or three headshots to kill a TL 10 raider (for example).

Besides the mamba, the other semiauto sniper fast enough to be used like a carbine was the blackened hellfire repeater, in fact i had a lot of fun using it firing from the hip with outstanding accuracy even at long distances.

Festival
02-13-2015, 10:12 AM
Besides the mamba, the other semiauto sniper fast enough to be used like a carbine was the blackened hellfire repeater, in fact i had a lot of fun using it firing from the hip with outstanding accuracy even at long distances.

I enjoy that one, too. It's not my go-to sniper (that would be my really nice OJ Ranger...), but you really can use it like a battle rifle.

On that note, I'd like to be a bit of a gun pedant here and point out that there's no such thing as a "semi-auto assault rifle." Part of the definition of "assault rifle" is that the weapon be selective fire. So while they'll have a semi-auto mode, a proper assault rifle will also have either full-auto or 3-shot burst (or both) modes. Like an M14, FN FAL, H&K G3, Hakim, etc... The Heavy Carbine in the game is really a battle rifle: semi-auto only and firing a full-power round (higher damage...). It's not really an assault rifle (or, for that matter, a carbine).

Ryker Vorton
02-13-2015, 01:50 PM
I enjoy that one, too. It's not my go-to sniper (that would be my really nice OJ Ranger...), but you really can use it like a battle rifle.

On that note, I'd like to be a bit of a gun pedant here and point out that there's no such thing as a "semi-auto assault rifle." Part of the definition of "assault rifle" is that the weapon be selective fire. So while they'll have a semi-auto mode, a proper assault rifle will also have either full-auto or 3-shot burst (or both) modes. Like an M14, FN FAL, H&K G3, Hakim, etc... The Heavy Carbine in the game is really a battle rifle: semi-auto only and firing a full-power round (higher damage...). It's not really an assault rifle (or, for that matter, a carbine).

I agree that they shouldn't be called assault rifles, on carbines though, the only real difference between them and their rifle (or AR) counterparts is that they have shorter barrels (ex. FN-FAL vs FN-FAL-Para Carbine) and are designed to be lighter and provide better mobility in certain terrains (FN-FAL-Para for paratroopers, M1 "Jungle" for operation in dense forests, etc). Usually there is a draw back in effetive firing range and accuracy in carbines vs full lenght rifles, though (as happens in shotguns vs sawed off shotguns) the shorter barrel provides higher power output.

Festival
02-13-2015, 02:06 PM
I agree that they shouldn't be called assault rifles, on carbines though, the only real difference between them and their rifle (or AR) counterparts is that they have shorter barrels (ex. FN-FAL vs FN-FAL-Para Carbine) and are designed to be lighter and provide better mobility in certain terrains (FN-FAL-Para for paratroopers, M1 "Jungle" for operation in dense forests, etc). Usually there is a draw back in effetive firing range and accuracy in carbines vs full lenght rifles, though (as happens in shotguns vs sawed off shotguns) the shorter barrel provides higher power output.

Agreed. I'm just working from memory here (not logged in just now), but I seem to recall the in-game Heavy Carbine having a long(ish) barrel.

Ryker Vorton
02-13-2015, 03:10 PM
Agreed. I'm just working from memory here (not logged in just now), but I seem to recall the in-game Heavy Carbine having a long(ish) barrel.

Indeed! It seems to have the same lenght as the FRC assault rifle

KingTyger
02-13-2015, 05:25 PM
I had to buy another loadout just to be happy, One is my true style, Charge Sniper(VOT Surge Bolter) with Charge pistol(VOT Surge Blaster), Love the charge weapons, just slow firing, but that gives me time to get a good spot and aim. Second load out I call it Heavy Chaos, LMG and Pump shotgun with overload ego, then it's my support loadout, BMG with healing and SMG, with Blur to go running and heal. Waiting for the NEW unopen game to arrive, so i can upgrade to have more inventory