PDA

View Full Version : I'm not getting old.... [RANT]

Ryker Vorton
02-15-2015, 06:11 AM
I am old already! :cool:

But hey!
what the heck is this new fashion of posting lot of trade threads in the general discussion forums?? :mad:

Also...
I see like 99% of them are made by people from consoles... does this confirm my old theory that consoles really are for people without enough grey matter to use a real computer? Want more confirmation? They usually don't even post platform/region in their first post until someone else tells them to do so! :rolleyes:

Almost done...
the game is for adult audience, wouldn't it be suposed that 17+ people SHOULD know how to read, at least read the forum/sub forum titiles???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lastly!
Why aren't any forum moderators/admins moving those posts to their belonging subforums or just deleting them as they should? :eek:

Done!
Really needed to spit it out

Thank you.

stefb42
02-15-2015, 06:18 AM
You're right you aren't getting old (yet), you'll know you're getting old when like me, you stop caring about these things, lifes too short

Midnight
02-15-2015, 09:35 AM
tl;dr

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!

snoglobe81
02-15-2015, 10:01 AM
Nah...I think it's just called lack of common sense.
"Oh what do you mean I need to read?"

Ryker Vorton
02-15-2015, 10:56 AM
Nah...I think it's just called lack of common sense.
"Oh what do you mean I need to read?"

Maybe that's the problem, wonder if we advertise is as legendary sense more people would actually use it

PeterFitz
02-15-2015, 11:06 AM

But hey!
what the heck is this new fashion of posting lot of trade threads in the general discussion forums?? :mad:

Also...
I see like 99% of them are made by people from consoles... does this confirm my old theory that consoles really are for people without enough grey matter to use a real computer? Want more confirmation? They usually don't even post platform/region in their first post until someone else tells them to do so! :rolleyes:

Almost done...
the game is for adult audience, wouldn't it be suposed that 17+ people SHOULD know how to read, at least read the forum/sub forum titiles???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lastly!
Why aren't any forum moderators/admins moving those posts to their belonging subforums or just deleting them as they should? :eek:

Done!

Thank you.

I find this a little offensive . Just B/c you think 99% of the post (and you may be right on that number) doesn't make it 99% of the console population are doing it . So why are you lumping all of us into the category of having a limited number of brain cells ?

PeterFitz
02-15-2015, 11:08 AM
and I see the spam is back

ButtTheRipper
02-15-2015, 11:11 AM
Also...
I see like 99% of them are made by people from consoles...

How are people posting on this forum from consoles? Lol, is my feeble console brain just not getting it?

TNT Shadowz
02-15-2015, 11:18 AM
I find this a little offensive . Just B/c you think 99% of the post (and you may be right on that number) doesn't make it 99% of the console population are doing it . So why are you lumping all of us into the category of having a limited number of brain cells ?

That's it fight the power

Ryker Vorton
02-15-2015, 11:59 AM
I suggest you re-read more carefully, because that is not exactly what i've said

PeterFitz
02-15-2015, 12:12 PM
I've went back and I still stand by what I said . Maybe you need to go back and re-read what you said and how you worded it .

SirServed
02-15-2015, 12:30 PM
It doesn't matter how he worded it since it's pretty spot on. Almost every person that posts a trade ad in General turns out to be from a console version of Defiance.

PeterFitz
02-15-2015, 12:33 PM
Not saying that isn't the case , it's the second part of his comment that is the problem.

SirServed
02-15-2015, 12:47 PM
You mean his theory? What's wrong with having a theory? Also, I've seen the recent products of the education system and it's bad. It's really, really, bad.

Chris Robet
02-15-2015, 12:51 PM
I would move from console to PC but I'm on a mac. A seven year old mac to be exact which means even if defiance ran on mac it most likely wouldn't work on this.

PeterFitz
02-15-2015, 01:17 PM
You mean his theory? What's wrong with having a theory? Also, I've seen the recent products of the education system and it's bad. It's really, really, bad.
I see like 99% of them are made by people from consoles... does this confirm my old theory that consoles really are for people without enough grey matter to use a real computer?

The problem with his theory is that just b/c 99% of the post are from console players doesn't mean that 100% of people that decide to play on the console is to stupid to use a computer .

PeterFitz
02-15-2015, 01:22 PM
For the record I don't play on the computer b/c I got tired of playing the upgrade game with the computer just to be able to play current games .

Bonehead
02-15-2015, 01:27 PM
I got stuck on the "fight the power part". I loved that part.

stefb42
02-15-2015, 01:27 PM
What's a computer??? Sounds like some type of Sci fi thing....ah its one of those things from star trek right? I'm so dumb

PeterFitz
02-15-2015, 01:30 PM

I do agree with you on the state of the education system in the states .

Mister Derpenhowser
02-15-2015, 01:36 PM
Forum? I'm all for rum!

Funny when those pc elitest comments come out and they're too clueless to realise they're being elitist.... :) anyways

I'm on ps3, so anyone selling any rum? I got empty bottles to trade

P.s 360 sucks! (Coz why not eh, lets have a platform war like CHILDREN)

brokenshield
02-15-2015, 02:02 PM
The problem is the same for any conclusions based upon stereotyping. The actions of an extremely small percentage of one group is used to create a sense of superiority in another group. It can be said, based upon the limited numbers involved, that the odds are high that these type post will be created by console users. It cannot be deduced that all users are therefore morons, too stupid to remember to breathe, as the vast majority are not creating these threads.

Bonehead
02-15-2015, 02:10 PM
Rant on Motherranter!!

Fight the power!!!

ButtTheRipper
02-15-2015, 02:19 PM
I see like 99% of them are made by people from consoles... does this confirm my old theory that consoles really are for people without enough grey matter to use a real computer?

The problem with his theory is that just b/c 99% of the post are from console players doesn't mean that 100% of people that decide to play on the console is to stupid to use a computer .

Doesn't have to be 100%. The consoles could be intended for stupid people(per the theory) and because some intelligent people happened to buy the console it would water down the percentage. I play on the 360, and I am currently using a computer so automatically it is not a 100% statistic, but consoles could still be FOR people too dumb to use a computer. Btw, in your above sentence "is to stupid to use a computer" the "is" should be changed to an "are". Just saying ;)

TNT Shadowz
02-15-2015, 03:10 PM
Rant on Motherranter!!

Fight the power!!!

That's it all for one and one for all

snoglobe81
02-15-2015, 04:05 PM
I'm a console user and not offended. To expand on his theory I believe most are younger player or someone without prior knowledge on how to use a forum properly.

Jaessica
02-15-2015, 05:10 PM
For the record I don't play on the computer b/c I got tired of playing the upgrade game with the computer just to be able to play current games .

If you do the upgrades right, it shouldn't be very expensive or happen very often. In my opinion, don't waste money on bleeding edge hardware that will only get out done 2 weeks later with no noticeable benefit to the end user . Get hardware that has been out for at least a while that will play existing games and will be upgradable in the future. I built one 2 and a half years ago for about $450 and can still play any game out there at high settings.

Bentu
02-15-2015, 09:40 PM
tl;dr

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!

I've heard that somewhere before :)

Atticus Batman
02-15-2015, 09:47 PM
Forum? I'm all for rum!

Funny when those pc elitest comments come out and they're too clueless to realise they're being elitist.... :) anyways

I'm on ps3, so anyone selling any rum? I got empty bottles to trade

P.s 360 sucks! (Coz why not eh, lets have a platform war like CHILDREN)

You just think 360 sucks, because we have all the rum!

http://www.theinternationalman.com/img/group/rum.jpg

Btw yes a lot of trade/want spam is now in general, but if you look in Need/want you will see that some newer people are posting general stuff in the Need/want. And their (Bad) reason is, because those are the only system specific forums, and they (wrongly) believe their general complaints about the game are platform specific.

Atticus Batman
02-15-2015, 09:50 PM
The problem is the same for any conclusions based upon stereotyping. The actions of an extremely small percentage of one group is used to create a sense of superiority in another group. It can be said, based upon the limited numbers involved, that the odds are high that these type post will be created by console users. It cannot be deduced that all users are therefore morons, too stupid to remember to breathe, as the vast majority are not creating these threads.

The odds only seem higher, because PC is it's own thing, where as there are 2 different consoles with this game, and OP is lumping both together. So the odds that you will see any post (not just trade posts) By a console players is a 2 in 3 chance for it.

Graywolfe
02-15-2015, 09:57 PM
Well i have a ps3 and a PC, i play most of my games on the PC though. Most of the games i want from PS now are only for the ps4 and i can't afford that upgrade, I can do more of a upgrade to my PC for less besides I am waiting for ps5 since they started work on it lol.

Haruchai
02-15-2015, 11:59 PM

But hey!

Also...

Almost done...

Lastly!

Done!

Thank you.

I'm probably around your age, lets just say 50+ and leave at that. I'm a little dumbfounded as to why you would bother to post anyway, some bran would better suit you methinks. You make a non-constructive post complaining about other people posting? Age is obviously no barrier to elitism.

If you don't want to read the threads/posts that annoy you why not just NOT READ THEM, rather than venting on the forums?

Btw did u notice, no platform or region? Unnecessary unless im asking a question relevant to the platform or region.

SirServed
02-16-2015, 12:58 AM
I'm probably around your age, lets just say 50+ and leave at that. I'm a little dumbfounded as to why you would bother to post anyway, some bran would better suit you methinks. You make a non-constructive post complaining about other people posting? Age is obviously no barrier to elitism.

If you don't want to read the threads/posts that annoy you why not just NOT READ THEM, rather than venting on the forums?

Btw did u notice, no platform or region? Unnecessary unless im asking a question relevant to the platform or region.
Disclosing platform and region is necessary as hell when attempting to trade with other players, that is all.

Volodja Uljanov
02-16-2015, 02:32 AM
(grins) This thread was started as a rant about people's posting habits but found a new path. Now it's about clash of playing devices. Elitist PC vs common folk's gaming hardware, as usual.

My humble opinion about this topic:

No matter what device you use as long as you use your common sense with it. And post your trade offers in correct section of forums.

Eleni
02-16-2015, 04:50 AM
Sell or trade a "EMC XAR-22" for a sword or a car.

Ryker Vorton
02-16-2015, 06:43 AM
You just think 360 sucks, because we have all the rum!

http://www.theinternationalman.com/img/group/rum.jpg

Btw yes a lot of trade/want spam is now in general, but if you look in Need/want you will see that some newer people are posting general stuff in the Need/want. And their (Bad) reason is, because those are the only system specific forums, and they (wrongly) believe their general complaints about the game are platform specific.

You are mmissing "Captain Morgan" and "Mulata", from the ones in your shelves, i hate Baccardi in all it's variants (without advertisement that brand would go bankrupts in no time lol) bbut Havana Club is among my favorite rons

Back on topic, well, my post had the desired effect, it certainly called people's attention, though it grew past the lack of proper posting habilities i alleged and that are the cause of my rant.

On a side note, i would really like to know more about those "PC Elitists" because i play on a 8 years old computer, which i purchased used and that costs about 1/5th of what any console out there costs, and it includes a monitor screen which consoles doesn't, and when some part of it becomes obsolete i only need to replace that specific part not the whole system as happens when a console is replaced by a newer model.

So, How in hell or heaven or earth can that be elitist??????? Please explain.

@Haruchai I complain of people posting in wrong section all the time because it bothers me, if it doesn't bother you then good for you, for some of us having some order in our lives is something important and we care about it. Actually, it has nothing to do with age.

ButtTheRipper
02-16-2015, 07:43 AM
What ego????:D

Eleni
02-16-2015, 07:46 AM
What ego????:D

Ooopsy sorry its ego 10...

OMERTA
02-16-2015, 07:51 AM
I am on..... Console... Dark..grey.. Matter??.. Just used to predd x y rt Lt what's this keyboard thingy?...

I get your point :) I'm not old either but these new hightech stuff is confusing me sometimes, I feel like my dad hunching over my shoulder when I was writing commands in DOS on win95.

But negligence and failure to read forum policies and lack of common sense wont have to do with you getting older. Only the fact that the gaming generation gets younger and lazier.

OMERTA
02-16-2015, 07:52 AM

Hahahaha XD now THAT^ is funny!!!

r1p
02-16-2015, 08:08 AM
There are two issues that occurred to me when I read the OP. The first is it is that it conveniently ignores "correlation != causation" due to the number of reasons that have nothing to do with the maturity level of console users vs pc users. The second is that even if it were true, posting about it does absolutely nothing to resolve the problem and in fact it only serves to polarize console and pc users. You can make a pretty good argument that this type of post borders on trolling so by your own logic we should assume that the majority of trolls are pc users.

TNT Shadowz
02-16-2015, 09:03 AM
There are two issues that occurred to me when I read the OP. The first is it is that it conveniently ignores "correlation != causation" due to the number of reasons that have nothing to do with the maturity level of console users vs pc users. The second is that even if it were true, posting about it does absolutely nothing to resolve the problem and in fact it only serves to polarize console and pc users. You can make a pretty good argument that this type of post borders on trolling so by your own logic we should assume that the majority of trolls are pc users.

Can you take what he's got? No? Then I declare console winners =)

konstantinov
02-16-2015, 09:47 AM
F2P brought a large population of children. Free game means free loaders in most cases. In my past experiences when something went from costing money to free it usually attracted what we're experiencing now. When this game first launched the majority of players were college kids, retirees, and people working funky schedules. There were some younger kids but they weren't at the number they are now. The only loyalty they have is to themselves and even that is questionable.

If the game is this bad then take a minute and imagine what direction the world is headed in.

Amack
02-16-2015, 09:53 AM
If the game is this bad then take a minute and imagine what direction the world is headed in.

http://i61.tinypic.com/20paskz.jpg

Atticus Batman
02-16-2015, 10:01 PM
You are mmissing "Captain Morgan" and "Mulata", from the ones in your shelves, i hate Baccardi in all it's variants (without advertisement that brand would go bankrupts in no time lol) bbut Havana Club is among my favorite rons

Back on topic, well, my post had the desired effect, it certainly called people's attention, though it grew past the lack of proper posting habilities i alleged and that are the cause of my rant.

On a side note, i would really like to know more about those "PC Elitists" because i play on a 8 years old computer, which i purchased used and that costs about 1/5th of what any console out there costs, and it includes a monitor screen which consoles doesn't, and when some part of it becomes obsolete i only need to replace that specific part not the whole system as happens when a console is replaced by a newer model.

So, How in hell or heaven or earth can that be elitist??????? Please explain.

@Haruchai I complain of people posting in wrong section all the time because it bothers me, if it doesn't bother you then good for you, for some of us having some order in our lives is something important and we care about it. Actually, it has nothing to do with age.

Look again. Captain is on the top shelf.

Ryker Vorton
02-17-2015, 06:44 AM
Look again. Captain is on the top shelf.

Apparently another variant of te CM :)

This is the one i like, btw
http://ultimaterumguide.com/wp-content/uploads/Captain-Morgan-Original-Spiced-Gold.jpg

ButtTheRipper
02-17-2015, 07:15 AM
Some lyrics: Now Captain Morgan was a pirate dude
He used to jack mf-ckers and act real rude
As a real live person he wasn't much fun
But he sure made a good-*** bottle of rum