PDA

View Full Version : About the Colony Courtship event.

Bilal Roache
02-15-2015, 09:40 PM
I just wanted to know how to pull a named out of the event alone not just the weekly. Like yesterday I scored 132k/top of the 'fall and got 2 T3's. What do you have to do? Like lose no armor or don't get downed?

Thanks in advance:cool:

cmpowell
02-15-2015, 09:43 PM
I just wanted to know how to pull a named out of the event alone not just the weekly. Like yesterday I scored 132k/top of the 'fall and got 2 T3's. What do you have to do? Like lose no armor or don't get downed?

Thanks in advance:cool:

It's all completely random. You could score 1 point and get a named or 200k and get none. It's all up to rng

Graywolfe
02-15-2015, 09:46 PM
While i have not yet pulled a single OJ from any of the arkfalls some of my clan have and most of them actually get them for just doing the final and getting low scores, go figure eh.

dremora ven0m
02-15-2015, 09:51 PM
While i have not yet pulled a single OJ from any of the arkfalls some of my clan have and most of them actually get them for just doing the final and getting low scores, go figure eh.

I have completed well over 70 majors & have recieved 1 oj for my trouble. Like you have said I know of clan mates gettin 1 or 2 a day, a few have even dropped named weapons!

Haruchai
02-15-2015, 10:30 PM
RNG (albeit weighted) at work, aint it wunnerful. I am just over 3k ego and do all the CC events I can. I have gotten an oj at least once per day, I got the named smg yesterday. I would suggest its just a numbers game and you have been unlucky. Experience tells me that you should keep at it and your luck will turn.

Bilal Roache
02-15-2015, 10:38 PM
so maybe just score low and see what I get lol, sounds dumb but wtf!

Haruchai
02-15-2015, 11:13 PM
so maybe just score low and see what I get lol, sounds dumb but wtf!

I score high (top 5), score low (16-20k), it doesnt matter, I still get oj's. Its just weighted RNG.

Bilal Roache
02-16-2015, 12:55 AM
I don't really know what RNG stands for someone enlighten me.

SirServed
02-16-2015, 01:01 AM
I don't really know what RNG stands for someone enlighten me.
Random Number Generator.

Volodja Uljanov
02-16-2015, 02:43 AM
Random, random, random. You just have to have some luck. Yesterday I had only 6 kills in major CC arkfall because I arrived too late. Reward for that minor effort was totally unbalanced - I got Precious.

And sometimes I have worked like harvester, revived like Florence Nightingale and so on and got blue junk as reward.

Eleni
02-16-2015, 02:46 AM
Total Random, i score like 3 bullets, giving me a 1000 ish points, and i got 10 ojs so far. No named tho.

Praxus07
02-16-2015, 03:11 AM
It's unfairly random if you ask me. I've been playing stricly just the event from the early start for at least five hours per night, actually probably more like nine, and the only named weapon I've gotten was from the big reward present. Other guys I know have gotten all the named weapons or multiplies of named weapons along with loads of the event oj's. Also only gotten one title, yet a brand new character I just made got both titles and the hat at the first two minors I took it to. Random is one thing, but lopsided randomness boggles the mind.

Dixie Cougar
02-16-2015, 03:18 AM
When I was your age, we rolled for named weapons uphill in the snow both ways at event arkfalls with no weekly contracts to save us from horrible RNG screw.

Receiving nothing, we then proceeded to trade for nameds instead.

Bentu
02-16-2015, 03:51 AM
Op like you I've topped the board and just received a blue gun/mod and I've just turned up and got a last shot in and pulled an oj but your best bet for a named weapon is to do the 5 dailies where you can get a present at the Fork. On the 5th day you'll get a named weapon from the other box but it's a random one.

Midnight
02-16-2015, 10:34 AM
I hear a lot of people talking about getting better drops on their lower level alts...don't think trion would give you a better shot at good loot while you are lower so you have to spend forge to level it up, and hope that you're lazy enough to buy the forge with bits eh? Nahhh :/

Dragon06
02-16-2015, 11:57 AM
Have done numerous events and pulled one OJ. Mostly get green and maybe a blue mods. Scored in the top five a number of times and score more times than I can count as number 21 (curious).

My suggestion is to make the drops more related to the number of hits, kills, and deaths of the player. If the reward is solely based on a RNG roll, why keep score?

Maybe I would have a better chance if I used a crimefighter and BMG and ran around the battleground aimlessly.

stefb42
02-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Not so curious really, 21st isn't necessarily 21st, its the position you get on the scoreboard if you're not top 20, so even if you came in 52nd you'd show as 21st on the board

Dragon06
02-16-2015, 01:34 PM
Not so curious really, 21st isn't necessarily 21st, its the position you get on the scoreboard if you're not top 20, so even if you came in 52nd you'd show as 21st on the board

Ahhhh so, OK, I thought so. I was hoping that 21 was an omen. I will stop playing 21-21-21-21-21 as a lottery number............

Bonehead
02-16-2015, 02:14 PM

Pulled a few named OJs just this way.

Sevrin
02-17-2015, 10:45 AM
I believe that Random Number Generator is actually a misnomer. While I don't know anything about game mechanics, the drops are truly Weighted Number Generated -- way heavily skewed toward crap.

Dixie Cougar
02-17-2015, 11:59 AM
I believe that Random Number Generator is actually a misnomer. While I don't know anything about game mechanics, the drops are truly Weighted Number Generated -- way heavily skewed toward crap.

Well, GIGO. Case in point: orange accuracy rolls, good thing Rashere is getting rid of them (wish all acc rolls could go) but I already have albatross OJs to show for it.