PDA

View Full Version : disruptors

CowdBlud
02-16-2015, 01:18 AM
i don't get it... I've seen loads of people with them esp. high level chars. I've seen plenty of utube vids with people using them but my saw does about 2x the damage of the best comparable and even higher ego'd one I've ever found.
am i missing something?
:confused:

SirServed
02-16-2015, 01:46 AM
i don't get it... I've seen loads of people with them esp. high level chars. I've seen plenty of utube vids with people using them but my saw does about 2x the damage of the best comparable and even higher ego'd one I've ever found.
am i missing something?
:confused:
Disruptors fire 3 sets of 3 rounds at a time per interval of time.

Midnight
02-16-2015, 02:51 AM
Disruptors fire 3 sets of 3 rounds at a time per interval of time.

The question for me is what the card damage represents...per bullet? Per 3 bullet round?

Eleni
02-16-2015, 03:05 AM
The question for me is what the card damage represents...per bullet? Per 3 bullet round?

Per bullet. So 3xDMG shown, x3 burst per trigger

Dixie Cougar
02-16-2015, 03:12 AM
Still... so... slooooww... and so inaccurate.

It's like a blast rifle that fell asleep.

Eleni
02-16-2015, 03:18 AM
Still... so... slooooww... and so inaccurate.

It's like a blast rifle that fell asleep.

Thats what i thought until now, but moded with long scope and falloff barrel, it make a very good long and mid range gun.
Low ammo consuming too.

I didnt try expeditions on PTS, but wouldnt a HB disruptor and AR, syphon, be the best there?

SirServed
02-16-2015, 03:23 AM
Thats what i thought until now, but moded with long scope and falloff barrel, it make a very good long and mid range gun.
Low ammo consuming too.

I didnt try expeditions on PTS, but wouldnt a HB disruptor and AR, syphon, be the best there?
That depends. Are you trying to heal yourself through getting shot up or are you going to show up and do the shooting?

Animal85
02-16-2015, 03:24 AM
disruptor suck like before nathing changed
all run with them becas of event drop
it works only on low treat level under 5 later if you go in fight you dead like always

Eleni
02-16-2015, 03:28 AM
That depends. Are you trying to heal yourself through getting shot up or are you going to show up and do the shooting?

Yes indeed depends of "strategy". As long as Expeditions sound like a "survival" mode, i was on about staying alive is the main thread isnt it?

So i thought about being constantly healed, regenerating my self revive as fast as possible, so Heartbreaker weapon needed, as its meant.

Also went for a Survivor shield, defense perks, nano effect trigger perks, catalyst mag on syphon Caress,....

I didnt try but sound like at the cost of 1 try per week, staying alive and saving ammos is the main concern no?

SirServed
02-16-2015, 03:35 AM
Yes indeed depends of "strategy". As long as Expeditions sound like a "survival" mode, i was on about staying alive is the main thread isnt it?

So i thought about being constantly healed, regenerating my self revive as fast as possible, so Heartbreaker weapon needed, as its meant.

Also went for a Survivor shield, defense perks, nano effect trigger perks, catalyst mag on syphon Caress,....

I didnt try but sound like at the cost of 1 try per week, staying alive and saving ammos is the main concern no?
I immediately focus on ending the enemies in front of me on a priority system. The sooner they start dying, the less dangerous they become in the long run.

Eleni
02-16-2015, 03:45 AM
I immediately focus on ending the enemies in front of me on a priority system. The sooner they start dying, the less dangerous they become in the long run.

Thats the way i think in expert coop, but i die easier, so i thought of doing a "stayin' alive woo, stayin' alive woo" build.

SirServed
02-16-2015, 04:07 AM
Thats the way i think in expert coop, but i die easier, so i thought of doing a "stayin' alive woo, stayin' alive woo" build.
Try this: Rhino/Ironclad with Cellular Armor, Detachment, Execution, Thick Skinned, Regeneration, Killing Machine, Pumped Up, Gamma Rays and Radiation Burns. Use a Radiation Assault weapon of your choice and pick another weapon that best fits the situation at hand. Don't worry about what they might do to you, just kill them.

Eleni
02-16-2015, 04:12 AM
Try this: Rhino/Ironclad with Cellular Armor, Detachment, Execution, Thick Skinned, Regeneration, Killing Machine, Pumped Up, Gamma Rays and Radiation Burns. Use a Radiation Assault weapon of your choice and pick another weapon that best fits the situation at hand. Don't worry about what they might do to you, just kill them.

Yokay i will try this when home in expert coop and CC arkfalls :) thank you ^^ experiments always interesting

stefb42
02-16-2015, 04:30 AM
Low ammo consuming too.

I don't know if they changed things recently or what, but when people tested the disruptor not long after game release it was found to have no fall off penalties, might want to check its range against an unmodded one and see, if it's still the same(no falloff) you might want to swap the barrel for a dmg one

Eleni
02-16-2015, 04:33 AM
I don't know if they changed things recently or what, but when people tested the disruptor not long after game release it was found to have no fall off penalties, might want to check its range against an unmodded one and see, if it's still the same(no falloff) you might want to swap the barrel for a dmg one

I tested it in CC arkfalls, it has falloff penalty, but from veeeeery long range.

I tryied to put a pink cursor on map to check distance from matron, i think was no penalty until 80/100 meters, which is good.
Had a T4 falloff barrel, will try with a unmodded one.

As i save it for expeditions mostly, ill see if i need this distance, mite replace for damage barrel if not indeed.

stefb42
02-16-2015, 05:14 AM
Yeah, see I'm not sure about the rate of fall off, but you say it doesn't start to falloff until about draw distance, so likely it is only experiencing the 1st stage of diminished dmg due to fall off, if the dmg is reduced by by falloff by say 10% at those distances, then the dmg barrel might be the way to go, as it would be dealing 9% extra dmg until the fall off threshold, then only 1% less dmg after the threshold has been exceeded, this is of course based on 10% initial fall off reduction, not sure what the fall off penalties are or what range they have before falling off again

Fuzzy
02-16-2015, 05:20 AM
I tested it in CC arkfalls, it has falloff penalty, but from veeeeery long range.

I tryied to put a pink cursor on map to check distance from matron, i think was no penalty until 80/100 meters, which is good.
Had a T4 falloff barrel, will try with a unmodded one.

As i save it for expeditions mostly, ill see if i need this distance, mite replace for damage barrel if not indeed.

The three expedition maps so far have a few rooms you need something for long-range but noting is even close to draw distance/80-100m.
Put a damage barrel on there, that'll do you better :)

Of course there might be new maps in the future whit greater distances but you could use the snipers with HB synergy for that as well. Played around with the Heartseeker, got it as a weekly present a bit, and I'm quite fond of it :)

Eleni
02-16-2015, 05:31 AM
The three expedition maps so far have a few rooms you need something for long-range but noting is even close to draw distance/80-100m.
Put a damage barrel on there, that'll do you better :)

Of course there might be new maps in the future whit greater distances but you could use the snipers with HB synergy for that as well. Played around with the Heartseeker, got it as a weekly present a bit, and I'm quite fond of it :)

Funny as i just watched your videos on DD hee hee.
Yes im still balanced between a full syphon build (where perks can help to heal, nano effect to trigger) and a raw hellfire AR.

By what ive seen on your videos, it seems to have a lot of pressure there lol...

I will try to get a 3rd Final caress and mod it with a DMG barrel as i got a T4 already.
Would love to get heartseeker high ego too, pulled a very low ego only :)

Think a Heartbreaker AR syphon would be good tho.

As far as i saw and read on DD, most enemies wont be shielded there, which is a good point.

Thxxxx Fuzzy :)

Eleni
02-16-2015, 05:34 AM
Yeah, see I'm not sure about the rate of fall off, but you say it doesn't start to falloff until about draw distance, so likely it is only experiencing the 1st stage of diminished dmg due to fall off, if the dmg is reduced by by falloff by say 10% at those distances, then the dmg barrel might be the way to go, as it would be dealing 9% extra dmg until the fall off threshold, then only 1% less dmg after the threshold has been exceeded, this is of course based on 10% initial fall off reduction, not sure what the fall off penalties are or what range they have before falling off again

Yes i totally agree about, i think falloff is a % of the range, so different on every weapons.

What i meant to do with Disruptor was to make a "no-penalty" LMG as built with long scope, to keep a gun which is ok everywhere, but has no strong nor weak point.

Now i tested it, mite be worth a try without this falloff barrel, ill try later as got a spare HB disruptor in bank ^^

Ryker Vorton
02-16-2015, 06:20 AM
Yesterday i was on a cc finale, on my usual snipig pint on top of a building and due to a fine example of negligence on my part i ran out of ammo and had only one spike left. When it ran out i had to chose another weapon that suit my circumstance and decided to try the final caress, unmodded and syphon....

Well, i have to say i am more than nicely surprised with its performance, the fall off was quite neglectable and the damage output was very very nice and the precision/accuraacy is excellent (only surpassed by the volge recon rifle) It not ony got me 50k+ score even when i arrived to the event when it was only 12 minutes left in the timer but accomplished with the goal of properly managing my low ammo, it meade each of those 1000 bullets count.

Now, abot the SAW, that is one i cannot understand how people can like it, it is the second worst lmg in my list (1st one is the rocker) mostly because of its high recoil and lack of precision unless you shoot two or three bursts max, it is completely useless for a LMG main function: substained fire.

Until i tried this particular disruptor yesterday i was only fond to the Thunder LMG (got one that handles almost like a SMG and even when it has no synergy i am yet to find a better one)

Played around with the Heartseeker, got it as a weekly present a bit, and I'm quite fond of it :)

See? i told you it was good :D

SUPREEM
02-16-2015, 06:46 AM
Lol I posted a thread like this months back. Funny to see people are still questioning a disrupters usefulness.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?178346-Disrupters