PDA

View Full Version : Someone from Trion needs to step up and be the forum guy.

Godzilla
04-04-2013, 08:52 PM
So many questions, 0 answers from the developer. c'mon get on the forums and answer people.

Elandriel
04-05-2013, 12:22 AM
So many questions, 0 answers from the developer. c'mon get on the forums and answer people.

So far, Defiance's marketing has been in a nature of "We just make games. Help yourselves". Just look at how little has been said about PC players not having an option to play this game by the PC gaming standards during their marketing? They know that silence is the best way for them to not get even deeper into the ****hole they've dug themselves.
Their only contribution to this community so far, has been deleting and closing of threads they deem as unconstructive or too negative.

Arsenic_Touch
04-05-2013, 12:23 AM
That's what the community managers are supposed to do.... emphasis on "supposed to"

Nmalthus
04-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Obviously someone hasn't been reading Nathan's posts...

Freyar
04-05-2013, 12:50 AM
They've got a little bit of response going through the blog system, so it's not falling on deaf ears, but like always Trion has a horrible habit of not saying much.

Sledgehammer70
04-05-2013, 01:09 AM
Watch the Dev tracker thread... You would have to be semi crazy to honestly think we are not responding http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Dev-Tracker

Freyar
04-05-2013, 01:13 AM
Watch the Dev tracker thread... You would have to be semi crazy to honestly think we are not responding http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Dev-Tracker

The guys over at on the Steam Community Hub could REALLY use some nudge.. even if it's a "Join our Forum" sticky. They've got nothing from Trion.

Elandriel
04-05-2013, 01:16 AM

Are you trying to insult us?
If you are capable of closing, moving and deleting threads, you are capable of answering questions, posting helpful hints and unknown info and all other PROFESSIONAL work that CUSTOMER SUPPORT is all about!
If you are not sure what CS really means ... ask us. There are bound to be several players that have some experience with it and can help you.

Freyar
04-05-2013, 01:17 AM
If you are capable of closing, moving and deleting threads, you are capable of answering questions, posting helpful hints and unknown info and all other PROFESSIONAL work that CUSTOMER SUPPORT is all about!
If you are not sure what CS really means ... ask us. There are bound to be several players that have some experience with it and can help you.

That's a bit harsh.. I mean, not everyone will know the answer to everything. We do feel like we don't have enough information (especially on Steam's Community Hub), but as far as Sledge goes, he does what he can..

Dixa
04-05-2013, 01:23 AM
they should try to find out where cuppajo works and hire her away. she was the best.

Babar
04-05-2013, 01:26 AM
Hey Sledge ! :)

for exemple Oveur is not answering me in another thread... I was talking about region lock, 0 answer, when he finally briefly talked about it it was to another poster who was posting about something else.

So have you advanced in checking the feasibility about the region lock?
Because he answered (again not to me but to someone else) that region locking is out of your (Trion) control... so I mean it's dead right?
But you said it is Trion choice.

Then he said : The only one you can easily switch between is on PC.

I am so dumb... :)

Dinova
04-05-2013, 01:26 AM
That's a bit harsh.. I mean, not everyone will know the answer to everything. We do feel like we don't have enough information (especially on Steam's Community Hub), but as far as Sledge goes, he does what he can..
Harsh, that guy is just another QQ rager, even if they would reply questions asked around here, the same question will come over and over again on the forums. Everyone want to spam their little opinion on the forums.

Freyar
04-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Harsh, that guy is just another QQ rager, even if they would reply questions asked around here, the same question will come over and over again on the forums. Everyone want to spam their little opinion on the forums.

I'm fully aware that people never read stickies.

Sledgehammer70
04-05-2013, 01:29 AM
I am responding to as many things as I can my friend, but point me to where you have a question and i will get to it as soon as I can.

@Babar
We will allow Xbox users to pick a region, we do not have a time frame on when that will happen.

Elandriel
04-05-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm fully aware that people never read stickies.

Stickies are just small part of these forums. Are we making all those threads and posts just for the fun of it? Just so we could feel some enlightenment for doing it? Not me! But according to Dinova, that's what forum is about.
Got something critical to say about something ... you are QQ rager. Let's all just nod our heads, turn the other cheek and be happy that we even have something to play, right?

Babar
04-05-2013, 01:37 AM
@ Sledge I really appreciate your answer man, here is the thread I am talking about, it seems to have disappear since it's day 3 now
You have my trust, but Oveur wasn't sounding like you.

Even if it takes 6/9 months to do it: NO PTOBLEM for me...
But I have your words, you guys will do it and no say later 'it's out of our hands'.

Again Sledgeehammer thank you for answering so quickly.
To be honest I was not expecting that after what I read from Oveur (both an answer and a yes we will do it).

Good night

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?17704-Day-2-in-the-life-of-Defiance-little-bit-of-humble-little-bit-of-cautious

edit. I will maybe , later, open a topic about the region lock. Just you know to ask :) about updates on this very question, but no worries I understand that is for later.

Elandriel
04-05-2013, 01:38 AM
I am responding to as many things as I can my friend, but point me to where you have a question and i will get to it as soon as I can.

@Babar
We will allow Xbox users to pick a region, we do not have a time frame on when that will happen.

Please don't tell me that you are the only one working in CS. Even games much smaller in scale require more than one person to do proper support.
As for your question. It's not about "my" questions or one in particular. It's about all those different threads from all those different players that go unanswered. This is where CS has been failing so far. Your own contribution not included, since it appears you are the only one to do it.

Freyar
04-05-2013, 01:39 AM
The place I suggest at least a small nudge from someone with a green name (Representing someone with Trion) is here (steamcommunity.com) (http://steamcommunity.com/app/224600/discussions/#).

Mahemium
04-05-2013, 01:49 AM
Do we really need our ego's soothed and thoughts validated to be convinced that a studio, with no history of malice or poor practices, is doing their job? Are we so cynical, despite these daily blogs and regular updates making the rounds?

Staal
04-05-2013, 01:51 AM
community blog is a good thing !
http://community.defiance.com/en/

MarauderShields
04-05-2013, 01:52 AM
There is a post that tells you what they are doing at the top of the threads page! i am sure they are running around trying to get fixes for everyone :) people just need to wooo saaaaaaaaaah and wait.:cool:

Elandriel
04-05-2013, 01:52 AM
Do we really need our ego's soothed and thoughts validated to be convinced that a studio, with no history of malice or poor practices, is doing their job? Are we so cynical, despite these daily blogs and regular updates making the rounds?

Of course not. We just want a quality support, that's it. And some of us think we don't have it currently, so ...

Freyar
04-05-2013, 01:54 AM

With the likes of The War Z, EA's screw up with SimCity and the like? Yes. With an MMO, the game isn't just Trion's, it becomes partly the playerbase's game, and some people feel there isn't enough being said. You won't please everyone, especially with three version of the game.

Zraxus
04-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Sledge answered. Go to Dev Tracker Thread. that simple.

if you think you are entitled to a 1 to 1 conversation you are not thinking clearly. why answer the same question thousands of times when you can simply go to one place and read it.

Wtflag
04-05-2013, 02:07 AM
Having lived on the D3 forums for a few months, I can honestly say OP is making a mountain of an ant hill.

Cheven
04-05-2013, 02:17 AM
Feel the community is left out, when we're not hearing anything from Trion on the forums. We should get some feedback and respons from the Trion forum dev.

Freyar
04-05-2013, 02:43 AM
Feel the community is left out, when we're not hearing anything from Trion on the forums. We should get some feedback and respons from the Trion forum dev.

We kind of are with the (so far) daily state-of-the-game blogposts. They're there, but if people aren't reading them, then there's a problem with getting attention to them.

alienoid
04-05-2013, 07:01 AM
Sledge answered. Go to Dev Tracker Thread. that simple.

if you think you are entitled to a 1 to 1 conversation you are not thinking clearly. why answer the same question thousands of times when you can simply go to one place and read it.

Quoted for truth !
I'm tired of reading posts from the "king customer" thinking he's almighty, unique and deserves to have his Trion slaves serving 1 to 1 answers on a silver plate because he spent 60 bucks on a videogame.
In what EGO-centrist (pun vey intended) world do they live ?

Dolnor
04-05-2013, 07:07 AM
they should try to find out where cuppajo works and hire her away. she was the best.

CuppaJo and Tiggs...although the Ranch is probably taking up a lot of Tiggs' time these days! -)

TQQdles™

Radz
04-05-2013, 07:15 AM
We kind of are with the (so far) daily state-of-the-game blogposts. They're there, but if people aren't reading them, then there's a problem with getting attention to them.

This!

I have yet to miss a blog post from them so far. Yes, they are somewhat vague sometimes, but they are at least addressing the major questions that are out there. More than likely, the reason they are vague though is that they do not know what is going on. Software has so many interconnected pieces that something you expect to be the problem may not be and something completely "unrelated" may actually be the thing hosing everything up.

It's like a delicate Swiss watch. Everything works together and one thing off ruins the whole.

NalkorRN
04-05-2013, 09:51 AM
CuppaJo and Tiggs...although the Ranch is probably taking up a lot of Tiggs' time these days! -)

TQQdles™

Cuppajo.... man just reading that name brings back all kinds of memories, every last one of them good to say the least.

Lodestar
04-05-2013, 10:21 AM

@Babar

Don't let it get to you. Most of us appreciate the situation or at least accept it. But on the subject of asking for answers. I have seen a few others talk about the disapearing weapon issues I twice encountered now. Any word on that? http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?20731-orange-weapon-disappeared!

Some here too that may interest you as I am here. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?21103-The-Bug-List&p=215934#post215934

discosoc
04-05-2013, 10:30 AM

Yet still no response or even acknowledgment on how the chat system plans to be fix/improved. Or if you guys even consider it a problem in the first place. I know it looks like the PC is just another example of a bad console port, but there has to be at least some sort effort made in making it functional.

JBo796
04-05-2013, 10:32 AM

Dude, back off. Sledge answers tons of questions. I saw a post last night where he answered at least 10 in one thread.

BigRamsay
04-05-2013, 10:37 AM
I can honestly say, out of all the gaming companies I have dealt with.. Trion does a VERY good job at announcing to the player base what they are working or planning on doing. Some.. other companies *cough* SOE *cough* do a much better job at leaving there players in the dark. At least in my experiences.

So, Thank you Sledge and Trion for doing a great job and keep up the good work! :cool:

Aspect
04-05-2013, 11:01 AM
I blame Walmart. They taught a segment of the population that if they stood at the desk and fried and yelled and were belligerent from Word One they'd get their way. It's transferred over to keyboard warriors.

Are there issues? Yep. Dies anyone with a drop of intelligence think those issues aren't being addressed? Nope.

When I take my car in I don't need the mechanic to call me and tell me he's working on it. I am a reasonable person and can see that my car isn't the only one in the shop. So I will wait a reasonable amount of time without the special snowflake need for updates. Quality service doesn't equal hand holding and rear kissing.

It's a matter of perspective, not ermagerd service me nowwwww.

ironhands
04-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Yet still no response or even acknowledgment on how the chat system plans to be fix/improved. Or if you guys even consider it a problem in the first place. I know it looks like the PC is just another example of a bad console port, but there has to be at least some sort effort made in making it functional.

Uhh...it was addressed on launch day

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/03/the-day-of-defiance-is-here-what-beautiful-baby-of-ours-it-is/

Shogo_Yahagi
04-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Don't let it get to you. Most of us appreciate the situation or at least accept it. But on the subject of asking for answers. I have seen a few others talk about the disapearing weapon issues I twice encountered now. Any word on that? http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?20731-orange-weapon-disappeared!

Some here too that may interest you as I am here. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?21103-The-Bug-List&p=215934#post215934
Actually, they mentioned the disappearing weapons in today's blog post: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?20363-Theme-of-day-3-don-t-do-the-same-thing-over-and-over-and-expect-different-results

tl dr? It's one of their top 4 areas of focus today. They think it may be related to, but not caused by, use of the Salvage Matrix. They're debating whether to temporarily disable the salvage matrix while they look for a solution.

Arsenic_Touch
04-05-2013, 11:25 AM

@Babar

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?9135-Petition-for-weapon-stat-increase&p=107078#post107078

How about addressing this? we're working with the same system as beta so I'm waiting for the different weapons and different weapon stats. Unless you were being intentionally deceptive.

Lodestar
04-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Actually, they mentioned the disappearing weapons in today's blog post: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?20363-Theme-of-day-3-don-t-do-the-same-thing-over-and-over-and-expect-different-results

tl dr? It's one of their top 4 areas of focus today. They think it may be related to, but not caused by, use of the Salvage Matrix. They're debating whether to temporarily disable the salvage matrix while they look for a solution.

Oh thank you for that. Though I am still not sure what they are going to do about the weapons that are missing.

Lodestar
04-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Dude, back off. Sledge answers tons of questions. I saw a post last night where he answered at least 10 in one thread.

Come on, two wrongs don;t make a right. That comment was back in this thread and already jumped on as it was there.

JBo796
04-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Come on, two wrongs don;t make a right. That comment was back in this thread and already jumped on as it was there.

well then, my apologies

Sledgehammer70
04-05-2013, 11:57 AM

VOIP and chat in the game are an issue and one that we are focusing on along with getting the Xbox US servers inline and many other things. You can see details within our Blog post. http://community.defiance.com/en/

DustOfDeath
04-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Just as long as they wont decide to go ALL VOIP - i hate voice chat, its generally full of rude, immature, noizy (+more bad stuff, keep breathing moaning, dont use PTT etc) people that make it unbearable

A decent AREA based (larger area - like whole Mount Tam, madera etc instead of small local area) and multi shard ( so i can talk with other people in diff shard but same area).
Multi shard so if i talk with soemone and for some reason get switched to a diff one, i could still continue talking with the people i talked before - continuity.

Athyrio
04-05-2013, 01:48 PM
VOIP and chat in the game are an issue and one that we are focusing on along with getting the Xbox US servers inline and many other things. You can see details within our Blog post. http://community.defiance.com/en/

Sledgehammer,

So this response is a typical the method that folks that want to deflect a response. The original comment from discosoc was two parts. Part 1 was a response of acknowledgement of the issue related to the chat system. You have acknowledged that it is an issue, and pointed to the day 3 notice...

Part 2 was plans to fix/improve...

What if anything ( I know as a Community Overlord you may not have the answer), are the plans. I am not bashing, I love the game, and yes this launch is no where near as smooth as Rift, but see that Trion is working on it... But maybe other than the OMG these issues are HORRIBLE, you can encourage the dev team when they are watching "blinky lights" to formulate some of the details into this 8 page of patch notes in the upcoming patch scheduled for April 15th, (hmm day that the TV show releases, likely remove the Episode quest, which would no longer be relevant...)

But there are a TON of MAJOR issues (yes not as bad as Xbox I presume), but other than the top 4 there appears to be minimal communications, acknowledgements...

I know the MAJORITY of launches with a more informed community and community managers which are a bit more open seem to pacify, where in this launch, it has been more smoke and mirrors hoping no one sees the "MAGIC SMOKE" escaping from behind the curtain... Think it is a bit late for that one, so a possible suggestion...

The DEVs continue to post their day N in the life of Defiance series, and then the community managers (or overlords) share some and spend some time in the forums on responses and quite honestly, less time hosting shadow wars.

Freyar
04-05-2013, 02:24 PM
*snip*

Could be he doesn't know, or can't say.

Elandriel
04-11-2013, 01:33 AM
This is getting ridiculous!
There are countless threads were people are asking for help because they don't understand certain game mechanics and almost none of them has gotten any official response so far. Only technical and bug reports get any (if at all) official attention.
Is this the standard we are supposed to expect in the future? It appears they are very fast when it comes to closing or moving threads, but not when it comes to helping their own customers.

Taaltos
04-11-2013, 01:35 AM
There are countless threads were people are asking for help because they don't understand certain game mechanics and almost none of them has gotten any official response so far. Only technical and bug reports get any (if at all) official attention.
Is this the standard we are supposed to expect in the future? It appears they are very fast when it comes to closing or moving threads, but not when it comes to helping their own customers.

What's the issue?

Elandriel
04-11-2013, 01:39 AM
What's the issue?

Non-activity.

Kid Kablam
04-11-2013, 01:40 AM

There there, dear. Does someone want a hot cocoa?

Taaltos
04-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Non-activity.

Non-activity of what?

What question hasn't been answered or addressed?

alienoid
04-11-2013, 01:49 AM

Well helping for what ? How to grab a gun and pew pew ? Did those players RTFM ? Did they ask other players ? Did they search the forums for the ton of tutorials players have already made ? Most likely, no.
CS is here for serious problems, technical problems, anything a community of players can't solve by itself. For everything else, just talk to people.

Elandriel
04-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Non-activity of what?

What question hasn't been answered or addressed?

You must be joking, right?
Start with first page and continue to the end and count those that have any official response in them and those that don't. I think you will be surprised.

Edit: For starters:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?28431-Why-does-it-say-to-be-sure-to-complete-Episode-Missions-before-the-show-airs

There is an outcry in this thread. Why not go there and explain in detail how and why things will happen.

Scarabrae
04-11-2013, 01:51 AM

^This!

Sledge and the gang have been outstanding in keeping the community informed!

Well done Trion et al!

Elandriel
04-11-2013, 01:58 AM
^This!

Sledge and the gang have been outstanding in keeping the community informed!

Well done Trion et al!

Yes, they are good at solving technical aspects. Now read my post again, please. I am talking bout customer support, not technical customer support.There is a difference.

Scarabrae
04-11-2013, 02:17 AM
Yes, they are good at solving technical aspects. Now read my post again, please. I am talking bout customer support, not technical customer support.There is a difference.

Everything you need to know can be found on these forums or through a quick websearch, or even ingame!

Customer support? Have you had your account hacked? Or are you just struggling with getting your head around the ingame mechanics?

Seriously! Would you like someone from Trion to come over and hold your hand, and whisper sweet spoilers and tutorials into your ears! Their support so far has been exemplary, in fact it's been a lot lot better than 90% of other games companies/publishers out there, it was the same with Rift and they are carrying on that tradition stoically!

Some people want the moon on a stick!

ironhands
04-11-2013, 06:50 AM
upcoming patch details

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?30976-Defiance-Patch-1.010-Sharks-%28in-winter-solstice%29

shortname
04-11-2013, 07:14 AM

The community is the games customer service it has been in my opinion the games creators are doing a nice job helping with all the tech support. While sure, it could be better in some places. It certainly could very easily be worse.

We play the game. Assuming the game works well, ( thanks again everyone at Trion ) then we are the ones who help others with what we know. While we don't know everything that WILL be this particular game is attached to a show and they might know everything either. It's an interesting experiment one that I personally am looking forward to the results of :)

Danke
02-02-2014, 05:17 AM

Your right were all crazy thanks for clearing this up.

**I really enjoy the livestreams, at least we get some answers only partially avoided and then redirected to appear like they were answered.

Things are really progressing well.

JustaMule
02-02-2014, 06:05 AM
Necro much?

Danke
02-02-2014, 06:07 AM
Necro much?
indeed, its been fun finding these little treasures.