PDA

View Full Version : Rolled same xp mastery twice in a row

Jaydogg
02-17-2015, 12:59 PM
in case it happens to you and want your arkforge back, here is trions helpful reply!

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused. However, when a weapon has been mastered and the weapon mastery re-rolled, the experience for the weapon is reset. The new mastery bonus that is applied to the weapon is rolled when the weapon is mastered again (experience for the weapon has been completed). At that time the weapon roll is selected based on the type of weapon at random. This means that, while rare, it is possible to have the same weapon mastery bonus applied to the weapon that it had previously. As this is working as it is intended we are unable to provide Arkforge for re-rolling the mastery on the weapon.

stefb42
02-17-2015, 01:21 PM
I'm pretty sure we were told when mastery reroll was introduced that we wouldn't be able to roll same mastery twice in a row, in fact I'm positive that's what they said

Niner82
02-17-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm pretty sure we were told when mastery reroll was introduced that we wouldn't be able to roll same mastery twice in a row, in fact I'm positive that's what they said OH NO, THEY LIED! How could it be, :) lol. Kinda like the Night Porter outfit. I too have re-rolled the same stupid Roll on an event weapon twice.

WhiteStrike
02-17-2015, 01:36 PM
OH NO, THEY LIED! How could it be, :) lol. Kinda like the Night Porter outfit. I too have re-rolled the same stupid Roll on an event weapon twice.
Just like the Zagger.

Symbiosis2099
02-17-2015, 02:06 PM
I have a gold ring that I've rerolled probably 15 times trying to get a crit mastery, over half of them have been damage from behind, I rolled it 3 times in a row at one point

stefb42
02-17-2015, 02:10 PM
Just like the Zagger.

Difference being they always acknowledged the zagger wasn't working as intended but they intended to leave it alone, whereas the mastery not rolling twice in a row was the intended mechanism and that was how it worked, I wish I could remember where I read it, was maybe patch notes or a news story? Or perhaps a live stream q & a? Really cant remember but I'm sure it was a dev or cm response

TakeoutSaturn
02-17-2015, 02:15 PM
re rolled my fragger 11 times trying to get dmg mastery....

Ryker Vorton
02-17-2015, 02:17 PM
I'm pretty sure we were told when mastery reroll was introduced that we wouldn't be able to roll same mastery twice in a row, in fact I'm positive that's what they said

I'm also sure i read that few months ago, cannot find it now, but i am pretty sure it was in some patch notes

stefb42
02-17-2015, 02:21 PM
I'm also sure i read that few months ago, cannot find it now, but i am pretty sure it was in some patch notes

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?159608-What-happens-to-Mastery-roll-when-you-upgrade-the-rarity-of-your-weapon&p=1496551&viewfull=1

Check response 47 this bit in particular

Though, you are protected from rolling the same bonus twice in a row. So your reroll will never result in exactly the same bonus you started with.

Cheers,

Trick Dempsey

SirServed
02-17-2015, 02:26 PM
It's in the actual Salvage Matrix description.

http://i.imgur.com/DeddspY.jpg

Duke_Shambles
02-17-2015, 02:31 PM
I just rolled "+ damage on last shot in mag" 3 times in a row on my Fire Pulser...just figured that was how it worked, there's a limited pool and a possibility to roll the same thing again, just like you could roll the same number on a die multiple times in a row.

r1p
02-17-2015, 02:34 PM
Ninja'd by stefb42. I felt it was fitting that the words came from Trick. Jaydogg I would resubmit your ticket to support and reference the url letting them know that Trick Dempsey himself said that this is incorrect. Here's the direct link to Trick's post:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?159608-What-happens-to-Mastery-roll-when-you-upgrade-the-rarity-of-your-weapon&p=1496551&viewfull=1#post1496551

ButtTheRipper
02-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Ninja'd by stefb42. I felt it was fitting that the words came from Trick. Jaydogg I would resubmit your ticket to support and reference the url letting them know that Trick Dempsey himself said that this is incorrect. Here's the direct link to Trick's post:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?159608-What-happens-to-Mastery-roll-when-you-upgrade-the-rarity-of-your-weapon&p=1496551&viewfull=1#post1496551

Show the in game picture too! Clearly the word different is there.

Mister Derpenhowser
02-17-2015, 08:54 PM
Good ol' trion eh... screwing over their small dwindling customer base one at a time.. well, until alcatraz that is. That's when we'll all get shafted.

Chris Robet
02-17-2015, 08:59 PM
Keep this thread going until this guy gets his refunded arkforge.

Chump Norris
02-17-2015, 09:28 PM
Difference being they always acknowledged the zagger wasn't working as intended but they intended to leave it alone, whereas the mastery not rolling twice in a row was the intended mechanism and that was how it worked, I wish I could remember where I read it, was maybe patch notes or a news story? Or perhaps a live stream q & a? Really cant remember but I'm sure it was a dev or cm response

There was more than one Zagger lie.

The green reload roll they removed from the Zagger because it was useless, well look at the French Hen.

Jaydogg
02-17-2015, 09:38 PM
Keep this thread going until this guy gets his refunded arkforge.

I doubt they will. hell couldn't convince em to simply reset the weapon instead of a refund.

PhantasieTrion
02-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Hi Guys

There was a mistake here. Either the agent gave the wrong informaiton, or the incorrect information was provided to him. I'll look into how this happened and correct it; thanks for pointing it out.

To be clear: When the mastery is re-rolled, we exclude the previous roll. Thus, you should not get the same roll twice in a row. It is important to note that we do not exclude all previous rolls, we only exclude the last roll.

Please fill out a Customer Service ticket, and reference this thread. They should be able to get you fixed up. You can PM me the ticket number if you want. Im sorry for the extra hassle this causes you.

I do want to point out to everyone though - theres a big (in my opinion BIG) difference between someone out and out lying, and the situation you see here. Customer Service is a tough job. Those guys deals with calls every day and they need knowledge across all Trion games, and the games are constantly changing. Imagine fielding calls and bugs all day - it's inevitable that eventually a mistake will be made - and to me thats quite different than lying - where the intent is to deceive. Theres simply no win for us in doing that, and I can assure you the CS agent was not trying to do that.

So - If you think a mistake has been made you can always PM me and I'll try to help.

Finally, we do exclude the last roll in code. So if this does happen like you said, it sounds like a bug. Alot has changed in the game since last May when this was implemented. I'll put a QA request into try and repeat it, but if anyone does come up with a way to repeat this bug on PTS, I would certainly like to hear about it. PM me if you would like some AF on PTS to try it out (we log the rolls for Customer Service to use for verification).

--Phantasie

ButtTheRipper
02-18-2015, 11:59 AM
I can agree that confusion is MUCH more probable than some weird were going to lie to everyone paranoia collusion type scenario. To err is human and humans will human.
Good info that a re-roll only excludes what your current roll is upon re-rolling not all previous rolls; I didn't know that.

PhantasieTrion
02-18-2015, 12:32 PM
Hi Jaydogg

in case it happens to you and want your arkforge back, here is trions helpful reply!

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused. However, when a weapon has been mastered and the weapon mastery re-rolled, the experience for the weapon is reset. The new mastery bonus that is applied to the weapon is rolled when the weapon is mastered again (experience for the weapon has been completed). At that time the weapon roll is selected based on the type of weapon at random. This means that, while rare, it is possible to have the same weapon mastery bonus applied to the weapon that it had previously. As this is working as it is intended we are unable to provide Arkforge for re-rolling the mastery on the weapon.

I looked into this a bit more. You said that you "Rolled same xp mastery twice in a row" and I'm fairly certain I have the correct weapon based on it being referenced in the ticket and its mastery rolls. Here is what we pulled from the logs:

You started with: Mastery ID 24 (Recoil)
02/16/2015 21:26:54: You re-rolled to ID 229 (EGO Duration on Crit Kill)
02/16/2015 23:49:08: You re-rolled to ID 230 (Crit dmg mult to enemies not in combat)
02/17/2015 11:02:46: You re-rolled to ID 229 (EGO Duration on Crit Kill)

ie, your weapon went Recoil->EGO Duration on Crit Kill->Crit dmg mult to enemies not in combat->EGO Duration on Crit Kill

So based on this its what we would expect. You are protected from re-rolling the same roll twice in a row, but not on subsequent rolls. However you said you rolled the same mastery twice in a row, so I wanted to confirm that I'm looking at the right weapon!

Also, we found your ticket and the CS agent has updated it.

Thanks!

--Phantasie

Jaydogg
02-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Hi Jaydogg

I looked into this a bit more. You said that you "Rolled same xp mastery twice in a row" and I'm fairly certain I have the correct weapon based on it being referenced in the ticket and its mastery rolls. Here is what we pulled from the logs:

02/16/2015 23:49:08: You re-rolled to ID 230 (Crit dmg mult to enemies not in combat)

ie, your weapon went Recoil->EGO Duration on Crit Kill->Crit dmg mult to enemies not in combat->EGO Duration on Crit Kill

So based on this its what we would expect. You are protected from re-rolling the same roll twice in a row, but not on subsequent rolls. However you said you rolled the same mastery twice in a row, so I wanted to confirm that I'm looking at the right weapon!

Thanks!

--Phantasie

I looked before resetting and it said 8% ego duration on crit kill, then rolled it and received the same roll again. if your logs have a different story then I don't know.

Jaydogg
02-18-2015, 01:00 PM
Hi Jaydogg

Thanks!

--Phantasie

are you sure those mastery ids are for the same weapon? ive been rerolling four different weapons the last few days.

PhantasieTrion
02-18-2015, 02:34 PM
are you sure those mastery ids are for the same weapon? ive been rerolling four different weapons the last few days.

Hi, sorry I should have mentioned that. The logs I saw were specific to the same weapon - Reckoning (and I didn't see any multiples of that gun in your inventory either).

That said, Customer Service needs to be the authority on this; I'm not 100% familiar with their tools and thus don't want to make contradictory statement because of that!

Let's take this offline to the ticket and/or PM's! They said they updated your ticket, so by all means add this information to it and lets see if we can get this worked out.

--Phantasie

SUPREEM
02-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Hmmm. Smells fishy.

Giren
02-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Hi Guys

There was a mistake here. Either the agent gave the wrong informaiton, or the incorrect information was provided to him. I'll look into how this happened and correct it; thanks for pointing it out.

To be clear: When the mastery is re-rolled, we exclude the previous roll. Thus, you should not get the same roll twice in a row. It is important to note that we do not exclude all previous rolls, we only exclude the last roll.

Please fill out a Customer Service ticket, and reference this thread. They should be able to get you fixed up. You can PM me the ticket number if you want. Im sorry for the extra hassle this causes you.

I do want to point out to everyone though - theres a big (in my opinion BIG) difference between someone out and out lying, and the situation you see here. Customer Service is a tough job. Those guys deals with calls every day and they need knowledge across all Trion games, and the games are constantly changing. Imagine fielding calls and bugs all day - it's inevitable that eventually a mistake will be made - and to me thats quite different than lying - where the intent is to deceive. Theres simply no win for us in doing that, and I can assure you the CS agent was not trying to do that.

So - If you think a mistake has been made you can always PM me and I'll try to help.

Finally, we do exclude the last roll in code. So if this does happen like you said, it sounds like a bug. Alot has changed in the game since last May when this was implemented. I'll put a QA request into try and repeat it, but if anyone does come up with a way to repeat this bug on PTS, I would certainly like to hear about it. PM me if you would like some AF on PTS to try it out (we log the rolls for Customer Service to use for verification).

--Phantasie

This is not true. I remember a long time ago about nano fragger are supposed to have a nano. Then after the update that made the previous oj's worthless. Nano Fraggers started rolling with no nanos. I got brushed off by CS. Then there were times when I got nothing from participating in arkfalls, before they fixed it. Again got shafted by CS. Then there was the time when the servers went down for a hour maintenance that turned into a day waisting our clan, and personal boosts. Then the boxes not giving anything out and losing keycodes. Or what about people pulling boxes before the nightly reset and loosing their guns cause of it?

Then there was the time the game started crashing after sieges, and people that got a legendary item from it lost it? You see the pattern here? After every instance I and other players got brushed off by CS. But people that deleted their inventory even after they implemented a safe guard so you couldn't blindly scrap your inventory. Were able to get their inventories back. Sorry but CS is unbalanced, and there has been a problem there almost since launch. What Jaydogg has gone through is standard CS response. They only help a very few people, then brush off the rest.