PDA

View Full Version : psycho pete

Cygnus
02-19-2015, 11:35 AM
I can play this co op and watch the cut scenes over and over.this has to be some of the best writing and voice acting in a game ever.it conveys an almost appocolypts now feeling.I posted this cause I didnt want to be alone any more.if you dont like it thats not your decision

Phobos9000
02-19-2015, 11:59 AM
I wonder if im the only one who felt bad for psycho Pete. Lets just say i kind of know how it feels to be mentally disturbed like him. Which is why i don't like playing that level. Its sad to see someone suffer without giving the option to help them.

Cygnus
02-19-2015, 12:12 PM
You can definitely feel psycho petes emotion. Thats part of the reason I like it so much. I can relate and empathize because it was done so well.it seems very real.I also enjoy dekuso's rant.I think that deserves a cut scene too.if not in explosions 101 maybe in the minor arkfall event.it reminds me of humongous from road warrior.

Etaew
02-19-2015, 03:33 PM
Some audio: http://www.defiancedata.com/sounds.php?t=psychopete

We could have been friends :( (http://www.defiancedata.com/sound.php?id=11182)
That's not your decision (http://www.defiancedata.com/sound.php?id=7928)
I don't enter your home and murder your family and friends (http://www.defiancedata.com/sound.php?id=10035)

Sad Music (http://www.defiancedata.com/sound.php?id=13798)

CM Kiwibird
02-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Definitely some of my favorite audio, it's haunting.

SirServed
02-19-2015, 04:50 PM
Its sad to see someone suffer without giving the option to help them.
Grant "helped" him... or did you miss that part?

Dixie Cougar
02-19-2015, 05:28 PM
I don't enter your co-op and skip your cutscenes!

WhiteStrike
02-19-2015, 05:30 PM
You BMGers are sick,demented people!

ironmetal
02-19-2015, 05:46 PM
i just love the end cutscenes with pyscho-pete i agree awesome voiceacting:D

Cygnus
02-19-2015, 07:07 PM
Stop calling me psycho !!!

Ryker Vorton
02-19-2015, 08:26 PM
sometime ago when i used to actively play co-ops for daily and weekly i started to skip this one, as much as the acting and everything is great it hurts me

Cygnus
02-20-2015, 12:16 AM
Come on guys we are playing a game . I said I enjoyed the writing and acting. Silence of the lamb was a great movie too but I'm not going to feel bad for clarice or hannibal.its fiction a freakin movie that was well written and acted.I recognize there are soldiers that might relate and feel uncomfortable for them it may be to real.I was merely complimenting the developers.

Cygnus
02-20-2015, 01:01 AM
This post started as a compliment then became a morality discussion .any one read Mice and men?.most can agree we sympathize with pete under the assumtion he suffers from PTSD. Too much combat and earth republic may be to blame for petes ptsd but in a civilized society the rest of earth needs to be protected from the psycho that they may have created.sort of like a dog that gets rabies protecting you from a racoon and later attacks your daughter.he has to be put down cause your daughter needs to be safe.still good writing and acting.I'll continue to enjoy it and dekuso.

Ryker Vorton
02-20-2015, 10:24 AM
Well, i love soleptor expedition because the little troll makes me laugh so much, that's a hilarious character :D

Azimov
02-20-2015, 10:44 AM
This post started as a compliment then became a morality discussion .any one read Mice and men?.most can agree we sympathize with pete under the assumtion he suffers from PTSD. Too much combat and earth republic may be to blame for petes ptsd but in a civilized society the rest of earth needs to be protected from the psycho that they may have created.sort of like a dog that gets rabies protecting you from a racoon and later attacks your daughter.he has to be put down cause your daughter needs to be safe.still good writing and acting.I'll continue to enjoy it and dekuso.

Naw, I read "Of Hellbugs and Haints" though. Good stuff. Weak dog analogy but I get your point. And I am sure Grant would have used a non-lethal round had that been an ammo option for him. He is probably just a teddy bear under that uniform you know?

Tex_Arcana
02-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Every bug is important.
EVERY bug.

Cygnus
02-20-2015, 02:14 PM
I'm curious.without writing a novel. trying to be delecate with both perspectives. I can sympathize with both imagined families .what would your analogy have been.im not trying to argue just curious

Dslice
02-20-2015, 03:01 PM
I agree, out of all of the NPC characters "psycho" Pete is the most memorable
His lines really get stuck in your head like a song can sometimes do.

Altras
02-20-2015, 07:40 PM
"I just didn't want to be alone anymore"

This gave me the chills.

Festival
02-21-2015, 02:14 AM
You BMGers are sick,demented people!

I don't come into YOUR home and blind YOUR family and friends...

Phobos9000
02-21-2015, 07:24 PM
Grant "helped" him... or did you miss that part?

Lol, *bang*

Come on guys we are playing a game . I said I enjoyed the writing and acting. Silence of the lamb was a great movie too but I'm not going to feel bad for clarice or hannibal.its fiction a freakin movie that was well written and acted.I recognize there are soldiers that might relate and feel uncomfortable for them it may be to real.I was merely complimenting the developers.

I know the point you are trying to make by creating the topic. The dialogue in this game is good, but what stood out for me with psycho pete was his illness. I do believe I exaggerated when I said I know how he feels, which I don't a whole lot. It was just my compassionate nature.