PDA

View Full Version : Been gone for 5 months, i don't see any new events.

NightmareAlonzo
02-21-2015, 12:14 PM
closed thread thank you.

Ryker Vorton
02-21-2015, 01:55 PM
None of those events you mention were there "to stay" (looks like your source of information is flawed) they were simple special holiday events, just like Colony Courtship is.

As for new content, well, you have what Aftermath brought (a new line of missions all focused on what happened to Von Bach after he "resurrected", a whole lot of new pursuits centered on silicon valley, new wepon rolls, lots of new named weapons (only obtainable during the special events but can be get through trade) and now we are preparing for the Alcatraz expansion. Sounds like a large lot of new stuff in the game in the last 6 months and those to come.

Claydough
02-21-2015, 02:05 PM
One of the reasons why i took a break from this game months ago was because there's was nothing to do. What i mean is, there's plenty of content , but as for events arkfalls, new events to play on the map we needed like 5 more of them. I come back, and i don't see anything new but colony courtship, which i was told wasn't here to stay.

So what other events has been added into the game?
Also the devs need to add a snow event into the game in a certain area in the valley to stay, and about 4 other events to stay, seems like every event we get never stays in the game.

there's going to be lots of new content coming soon with the 'alcatraz' update

and they're doing holiday event often enough and long enough to keep everything fresh, to which i prefer that permanent new content get stale after 3-4 weeks anyway (sv incursions anyone?). being a limited event also it gives a certain vibe and gets much more people engaged in the events

Psycroww
02-21-2015, 02:18 PM
So what other events has been added into the game?
Also the devs need to add a snow event into the game in a certain area in the valley to stay, and about 4 other events to stay, seems like every event we get never stays in the game.

If you came online and actually played the game, you could probably figure out what has and hasn't been added just by checking your pursuit list.

Also, the Devs dont need to do anything. The devs made the events for a holiday purpose, or you could of just read the events and figured that much out yourself seeing how every single one of them had a start and end date. Hence the word, event. If you left before for the reason you gave, you should leave now because you will be dissatisfied, but I assume you already are seeing how you came here to ask what's new, even though you already logged in so you know what is and isn't new. Do research on Alcatraz/expedition update, that is new content that may give you reason to stay.

NightmareAlonzo
02-21-2015, 06:51 PM
edited........

SirServed
02-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Ryker Vorton@Claydough@: I already know those events weren't here to stay, and they were holiday events. I was talking/asking in general what new "events" were added to the game and here to stay. So basically months rolled passed and no new event has been added to stay. That's really sad honestly, seeing how everyone has been complaining about the "lack of events"/things to do for the past year" Besides the point, i will check out what this alcatraz content , soon. Thanks.

Psycroww@ You're right the devs don't have to listen to the community and do anything. I guess more and more people just won't come online and play, and the game will get shut down eventually. You sound really stupid you know that. I removed all my friends on my most of my characters, because all of them haven't been online in like 2 months to 7 months. But yea the devs can just go to work and look at the computer screen for the next 10 months right?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/long_facepalm.gif
Be a good little boy and wait for the new content that's here to stay, or don't. You were informed that a major content patch is in testing and still have the audacity to badmouth the people that work day in and day out in an attempt to bring you some form of enjoyment between large content patches and you still come here telling them what they need to do. Shame on you.

PhantasieTrion
02-21-2015, 07:41 PM
Come on guys - play nice - Saturday nights' not a good night for fighting :)

Nightmare: I'm glad you're back, and I hope you stay. We do indeed have lots (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?203258-Alcatraz-Preview-Expeditions) of new content (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?200560-Coming-Economy-Changes) coming, and there's an event (Matrons and Monarchs) going on right now (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?200817-Hellbug-Season-is-Here-February-9-22).

As for the length of the events, it does make sense to me to make them themed and have a time frame on them. On top of that, the majority of the feedback I've seen from players is that they like them as shorter 1-2 week events. But if that consensus changes, it can certainly be re-visited. We've got some fun twists coming up on past events too - stay tuned.

-Phantasie

Bentu
02-21-2015, 07:45 PM
because all of them haven't been online in like 2 months to 7 months.

With your attitude I'm not surprised, I guess you've got fed up with the lack of content in Destiny too?

Edit
Come on guys - play nice - Saturday nights' not a good night for fighting :)

Saturday night is fight night lol but I'd rather be fighting Hellbugs but can't due to the constant crits. Sorry for moaning but this had been happening for days now. :(

NightmareAlonzo
02-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Closed thread, thanks

NightmareAlonzo
02-21-2015, 08:48 PM
edited........

Psycroww
02-21-2015, 08:58 PM
Psycroww@ You're right the devs don't have to listen to the community and do anything. I guess more and more people just won't come online and play, and the game will get shut down eventually. You sound really stupid you know that. I removed all my friends on my most of my characters, because all of them haven't been online in like 2 months to 7 months. But yea the devs can just go to work and look at the computer screen for the next 10 months right?

You define the community? Didn't know you and your friends list spoke for the entire community, I apologize. As for I sound stupid? Really, that's interesting seeing how the amount of time it took you to create this thread, you could of took a little initiative to research your question, you could of also took the time to , I dont know, maybe play the game instead of sign in and check your friends list?

On a side note, I know I'm right. You left the game for 5 months because everything was boring to you, you do realize all the events they have had is literally the same as any other event just a different mob right? So I'd give you a week till you leave again, and I sound stupid? Alright. You say you're 33 and you can't take the time to research your questions when they are literally very easy to find. Would you like me to list the links to every single event you missed in the past 5 months? Telling me I sound stupid for your ignorance and lack of initiative. Makes sense

Bentu
02-21-2015, 08:58 PM
@NightmareAlonzo re read this reply you made and look at it from our side. You come across like a real jack@$$ & that's being polite.

Psycroww@ You're right the devs don't have to listen to the community and do anything. I guess more and more people just won't come online and play, and the game will get shut down eventually. You sound really stupid you know that. I removed all my friends on my most of my characters, because all of them haven't been online in like 2 months to 7 months. But yea the devs can just go to work and look at the computer screen for the next 10 months right?*

Mister Derpenhowser
02-21-2015, 09:01 PM
All this aside you definitely missed out on some real fun limited time events and synergys! Hulker Hell and Solstice Strike were amazing. I wasn't such a fan of New Frontier Harvest but the synergy (plate slicer) is awesome. This event ongoing atm (Colony Courtship) has the same sort of vibe as New Frontier Harvest for me although I've managed to pick up all the named weapons that should, hopefully, be useful in the upcoming content Alcatraz.

SirServed
02-21-2015, 09:04 PM
This is you dictating what they need to do, not what you would like to see. Things you would like to see go in the Suggestion Forum. There's a difference between want and need, I guess you didn't learn that on your way to 33.

konstantinov
02-21-2015, 09:04 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/33/33798b30d355bcc9c22111da5aa309c3afff325919b5fa9679 ee5b0813daf17a.jpg

Mister Derpenhowser
02-21-2015, 09:06 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/33/33798b30d355bcc9c22111da5aa309c3afff325919b5fa9679 ee5b0813daf17a.jpg

Here comes the airplane! XD lulz

NightmareAlonzo
02-21-2015, 09:07 PM
All this aside you definitely missed out on some real fun limited time events and synergys! Hulker Hell and Solstice Strike were amazing. I wasn't such a fan of New Frontier Harvest but the synergy (plate slicer) is awesome. This event ongoing atm (Colony Courtship) has the same sort of vibe as New Frontier Harvest for me although I've managed to pick up all the named weapons that should, hopefully, be useful in the upcoming content Alcatraz.

Mister@ I didn't missed out on those events. My girlfriend plays the game with her friend, so i did some testing/trying/watching ever few days from those events. That's why i mention the snow event, it was fun. I just love seeing the snow.

Good looking though.

If any admins or mods are viewing this thread please closed it. My answer was answered. Thank you. Nice to always have the ignore list option handy :)

Bentu
02-21-2015, 09:25 PM
Nice to always have the ignore list option handy :)

It works both ways you know.

Tura Satana
02-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Oh.. this thread ISN'T a joke?

My question is this.. why didn't you take part in the events when they were going on? Especially if you knew about them.. like the snowy one? I bet you were busy playing one of those 5,000 games on your desktop. I guess the events in Defiance are supposed to just go on forever so they are there for when you FEEL like playing them. No. Play the events while they are going on. Those other games can be played any time.

Wilhelm Keitel
02-21-2015, 11:41 PM
LOL What a Nightmare this thread has been....

konstantinov
02-21-2015, 11:59 PM
Alonzo Mourning's career was a Nightmare...

Ryker Vorton
02-22-2015, 07:02 AM
Well, though i missed the deleted reply, it's been fun to read this thread.

The funiest part of it all was that remark about being 33 y/o and not having the time to research? LMAO

TigrisMorte
02-22-2015, 10:14 AM
Come on guys - play nice - Saturday nights' not a good night for fighting :)...
-Phantasie

http://youtu.be/dmF6vmUVSsc

just sayin' I am old

Bonehead
02-22-2015, 11:40 AM
http://youtu.be/dmF6vmUVSsc

just sayin' I am old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Bonehead
02-22-2015, 11:44 AM
closed thread thank you.

You keep using that word...

I don't think that word means what you think it means.