PDA

View Full Version : Servers - ahhh help !!??

CowdBlud
02-22-2015, 07:20 AM
Ok so I've installed Defiance on my daughters laptop, we're both on the Europe server but we cant see each other and it seems things that are happening in her world are not in mine and vice versa !?
BUT... I CAN search for her character by name and add her as a friend...

Huhh !!??? Is there more than 1 Europe PC server ??
How do we get on the same server?

We're both on the same LAN. She's wifi, I'm hardwired if that makes any difference??
:confused:

bigbri2k5
02-22-2015, 07:31 AM
While there is one European server, it runs different instances. If you have her added as a friend then use the go to friend option from the social menu.

CowdBlud
02-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Oh right.... so there is no guarantee you will be on the same server as your clan or friends unless you force the issue?

How many 'instances' are there ?

*Edit - thanks by the way :D

stefb42
02-22-2015, 08:08 AM
Its more like shards, as 1 shard becomes full another is born and so on, not sure how many shards there can be, suppose it depends on the number of players on the server and the amount of players each shard can hold

Tekrunner
02-22-2015, 08:12 AM
How many 'instances' are there ?

It scales with the number of active players. With enough friends and / or alts it's possible to know how many instances there are, as long as there aren't too many, but that doesn't matter much.

For many months PC EU usually had between 1 and 3 shards. But since the game has gone F2P I think there are usually more than that.

CowdBlud
Oh ok - it a load thing...
Thanks for the help :)

Nighthawk62
The number of "shards" (instances) depends on the number of players online at the same time.

Each shard can only host a certain amount of players. If its limit is reached a new shard is created. To check if a friend is on the same shard as you, open the radial menue (ESC), click on the "Social" tab (top left, I think). If there is a green check mark in front of the player he/she is on the same shard. If not, there is a red cross.

Hope that helps a bit.

*EDIT: Ninja'd ... :D