PDA

View Full Version : A little feedback.

wooze
02-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Greetings!

I would like to give a little feedback to the game. I think the game is great but there are some things that I think should be improved and I'll try to be concise and as understandable as possible.

Animations.

I think the animations could use some improvement. They look stiff, rough, and sometimes awkward.
For example the reloading animation for the assault rifle how the character will move is head in a insectoid, robotic manor. I will say though I was impressed that he actually removes the magazine from the weapon so I think you guys are on the right track.

sound.

The sound in the game could use some improvement. The guns don't sound like they have any punch to them they sound weak like a 22. or they don't sound like guns at all. The LMG for example sounds like some kind of metal press not like a gun at all. Also the volume is a little low maybe this was done not to annoy other players and I can understand that but investing in good sound effects in games goes a long way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXDg0zZd9TM

This game is a good example of great sound. I'm not asking for a total revamp of the sound system in Defiance I'm just using this as an example of good sound. I think that the hit indication sound either needs to be replaced or removed because it doesn't "sound logical" If you want to have a sound indicator I think you should use something like Call of Duty's sound indicator because it sounds more like a bullet hitting flesh unlike whats in Defiance that sound like someone stomping through a swamp.

Consolization.

I understand that you want to appeal to a wider audience and I have no problem with that but for this game to be successful on the PC you have to start adding features that make sense on the PC. Such as an instance selector so you can join the same instance your friend is in. Also better method of adding friends like hit a button type their name and done. More graphical options like turning vsync, anti-aliasing, and other options off or up, down, what have you. The auto-aim the instant you look down the sights of your gun needs to be an option rather than default on. It's slightly annoying when your camera jerks onto a target. Last issue is not necessarily anything to do with consoles specifically but I would like a button to switch my camera either to the left or right of my character like in APB.

I'm sorry if I look like I'm nitpicking I don't want to come across as that but I have a friend who played Rift which was another game Trion developed but he said that they listen to feedback and I thought I would give some input to the game. Defiance has the potential to be a great game but it needs more work.

Thanks for reading my post and sorry for bad grammar and spelling.

Dead_Phoenix
02-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Wonderfully constructed post. But its in the wrong place. Copy and paste it into the beta forums.

Mindfix
02-09-2013, 12:34 PM
great post can you repost in the beta section i would like to comment on this. lol

Rokkrwolf
02-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Eh he does/doesn't technically he's not breaking the NDA you can pickup on most of these just from watching streams.

Dead_Phoenix
02-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Eh he does/doesn't technically he's not breaking the NDA you can pickup on most of these just from watching streams.

very true. However to properly reply may require examples and techincal info that would come under NDA. Better safe then sorry. Plus and more importantly the main dev team and testers etc are more then Likly watching that forum closer. So they can take notes