PDA

View Full Version : This is Serious

Fantozzi
02-23-2015, 07:06 AM
hello the game is great, but i have to ask something that can improve the already very nice game...

i know it will be a lot of work but i think it will repay the effort...

PLEASE ADD BACKFLIPS AND FRONTFLIPS ON RUNNERS...maybe a couple of tricks..

will be a total fun just riding around doing backflips and tricks around the map...

thanks bye gg :cool:

WhiteStrike
02-23-2015, 07:07 AM
hello the game is great, but i have to ask something that can improve the already very nice game...

i know it will be a lot of work but i think it will repay the effort...

PLEASE ADD BACKFLIPS AND FRONTFLIPS ON RUNNERS...maybe a couple of tricks..

will be a total fun just riding around doing backflips and tricks around the map...

thanks bye gg :cool:

They have much bigger things to care about.

Mister Derpenhowser
02-23-2015, 07:26 AM
And ponies! Yaaaay

ArthriticNed
02-23-2015, 07:30 AM
Exactly how would their efforts be repaid?

PS. There's plenty of ATV racing games with tricks

SUPREEM
02-23-2015, 07:37 AM
They have much bigger things to care about.

Yes, like the servers. I'd take stable servers over runner flipping.

WhiteStrike
02-23-2015, 08:05 AM
Yes, like the servers. I'd take stable servers over runner flipping.

I think that Derpy's pony would like STABLE servers.;)Sorry,I just really had to spill this out.

Deadeye Joe
02-23-2015, 08:20 AM
****ing lighten up lads. Anyone lost a rod?

MagnusRune Daltus
02-23-2015, 08:30 AM
well they fixed the ablity to flip you car on its roof.

used be real easy, then got harder and hard. i spent about 30 mins trying last night and couldnt do it...

stefb42
02-23-2015, 08:37 AM
Runners already have the ability to tip backwards and forwards in the air, only thing stopping the request as it stands is the stopping points while tipping back or forward, and yeah sure there's games out there for driving and doing tricks, but there's also pursuits in this game for the driving tricks like do a 360 or a 1080, don't know why everyone is getting so wound up over this, even if the devs did listen to him, the OP isn't asking you to perform front or backflips,

I for one know id love this, I already do as many flatspins as possible any time I'm airborne or rock back and forth before I land so yeah, id be flipping all over

MagnusRune Daltus
02-23-2015, 08:41 AM
its not that we hate the idea, its just there are far more inportant things to do. ie crit errors 5/6 times a night. or crimefighter lag, or BMG lag. making the quad to flips.... kinda way down the bottom of the list.

and have you ever watched someone run into a slope at high speed in game? if you not moving, they stop for a moment, then judder up the wall, then suddenly are flying through the air.

i recon these tricks would cause visual bugs for everyone else.

WhiteStrike
02-23-2015, 09:15 AM
well they fixed the ablity to flip you car on its roof.

used be real easy, then got harder and hard. i spent about 30 mins trying last night and couldnt do it...

I did one last week.You need to make your car hit an object while airborne in a certain angle for this to happen.

ShatterST4R
02-23-2015, 09:26 AM
I would love to see tricks added, since they already make us do time trials for ego.. Why not?

MagnusRune Daltus
02-23-2015, 09:39 AM
i used be able to do it in the tunnel in mount tam, that the first time trial goes through

Keeper Riff
02-23-2015, 10:19 AM
Just did it in the pipe at the Bathhouse.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/2-20-2015/QMAnFt.gif

Duke_Shambles
02-23-2015, 01:33 PM
I've started doing moto whips anytime I'm airborne on my runner, just for teh steeze.

Telemachus
02-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Always wondered why they didn't add motorcycles and dirt bikes to the game. Would be good for doing tricks.

Have them in the show.

BC001
02-23-2015, 08:14 PM
Always wondered why they didn't add motorcycles and dirt bikes to the game. Would be good for doing tricks.

Have them in the show.

Bike animations are more complicated than four wheeler anims, they probably did not figure the extra complexity was worth the code bloat and probable performance problems. They have said that the code base is the same for all platforms and I imagine the game is pushing the memory limit on consoles already.

Oktharr
02-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Radios first, please :D

ryu5010
02-23-2015, 10:46 PM

Hands down, you win!

Oktharr
02-23-2015, 11:34 PM
Bike animations are more complicated than four wheeler anims, they probably did not figure the extra complexity was worth the code bloat and probable performance problems. They have said that the code base is the same for all platforms and I imagine the game is pushing the memory limit on consoles already.

an official response to this would be awesome

Mister Derpenhowser
02-23-2015, 11:57 PM
Pretty sure they said no bikes in a q&a a while back.

Xaat Xuun
02-24-2015, 12:11 AM
And ponies! Yaaaay
Ponies giddy up

http://funnygifs.co/gifs/the-greatest-horse-in-all-of-animation-history.gif

MagnusRune Daltus
02-24-2015, 07:13 AM

i meant getting it to land on the roof. like this http://i.imgur.com/JfrV4a4.png

edit

also, very nice trick. will try that later

Tekrunner
02-24-2015, 09:23 AM

They even just repeated it during the last livestream. I kind of tuned out since it's like the millionth time I've heard that question being asked (I'm not begrudging anyone, just an effect of having been around for a while), but I think LoCarb did say that there are technical issues with adding bikes to the game.

Bonehead
02-24-2015, 11:12 AM

They have said it a few times.