PDA

View Full Version : PC controller

Graywolfe
02-24-2015, 10:25 PM
I just got a game controller for my PC to try and help with the time trials. When i tried to set it up in the settings the game will not recognize it. The one I pick up is similar to a PS controller when I turned on the controller UI which showed an xbox style controller. Am i missing a step here or is the game just not set up for PS style controllers?

Cyripax NeoPrime
02-25-2015, 12:21 AM
Just use an xbox controller.

Cyripax NeoPrime
02-25-2015, 12:22 AM
It shouldnt really matter what the ui shows. Its just a general picture. I use a ps3 controller, xbox controller, and logitech usb controller for gaming on my pc. All 3 work with most games.

Wish i could say more but i havent touched defiance on pc for a long time. Just bought an ultimate edition for the season pass though so ill be back on pc soon

Graywolfe
02-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Well i do not have a xbox. I tried my PS controller first and it did nothing so i went ahead and bought a universal PC controller that is set up similar to a PS but the game wont acknowledge it either. So is there another step I am missing to get the game to allow the controller? I have gone into settings and turned the UI controller on which brings up the image of the controller and shows the default settings but the controllers do nothing. I am doing this in the setting tab on the load screen by the way in case that makes a difference. The drivers where just installed too just so you know so they are upto date.

Holy Bahamut3
02-25-2015, 09:37 AM
It's Microsoft, so not much you can do there. Just remember which button does what and you'll get used to it.

Claydough
02-25-2015, 09:53 AM
This game loves controllers, if you have a ps3/4 controller, just download you latest ds3 or ds4 program.

I personally use a ps4 controller through bluetooth fine, my only conplaint is that when i lay a spike my quick menu comes up with the spike.

WhiteStrike
02-25-2015, 10:20 AM
This game loves controllers, if you have a ps3/4 controller, just download you latest ds3 or ds4 program.

I personally use a ps4 controller through bluetooth fine, my only conplaint is that when i lay a spike my quick menu comes up with the spike.

You could set quick menu on select to avoid this.I mean,it's easy to open the map through the radial menu.

TheStigsCousin
02-25-2015, 10:23 AM
You have to install the controller (drivers) in Windows before a game will recognize it. I had to do the same thing with my Xbox controller.

xTOVARx
02-25-2015, 12:06 PM
Check out x360ce. I was able to use my Logitech dual action controller in pc Defiance with no problems.

Claydough
02-25-2015, 12:13 PM
You could set quick menu on select to avoid this.I mean,it's easy to open the map through the radial menu.

Im already in the habit of hitting circle straight after a spike, id have to relearn the entire game from scratch lol

Jaessica
02-25-2015, 01:20 PM
If you prefer you can use the DS3 tool to your your PS controller if it. You have to use the USB cord though unless your PC has bluetooth. It works great for me!

it's free too... http://motioninjoy.com/

But, if your talking about the UI in game showing as the default xbox a,b,x,y instead of square, triangle, circle and ex... that is not changeable.

Keeper Riff
02-25-2015, 01:53 PM
Graywolfe, if the game does not react to a controller input at all, that probably means you have DirectInput drivers installed for your controller. Find XInput drivers for it or use an xbox 360 controller emulator, like x360ce (http://www.x360ce.com/default.aspx)

Graywolfe
02-25-2015, 09:50 PM
If you prefer you can use the DS3 tool to your your PS controller if it. You have to use the USB cord though unless your PC has bluetooth. It works great for me!

it's free too... http://motioninjoy.com/

But, if your talking about the UI in game showing as the default xbox a,b,x,y instead of square, triangle, circle and ex... that is not changeable.

Thanks Sweet Pea i will check on that as soon as i get my PC back. I have 2 different controllers to try. It is down at the moment and i am using the wifes laptop, do not know why people like these little things.

Graywolfe, if the game does not react to a controller input at all, that probably means you have DirectInput drivers installed for your controller. Find XInput drivers for it or use an xbox 360 controller emulator, like x360ce (http://www.x360ce.com/default.aspx)

Thank you i will look into that, i did just install new drivers but do not know which one they were.

Graywolfe
03-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Ok well trying the xinput drivers did not help, my controller does not accept them. It is possible i did something wrong on the installation of them though as the site I was installing it from has some very long confusing directions for getting it installed.

I could not get your link to work Sweet Pea so I have not tried out that site yet. Is there another place to find it?

Edit: Ok found another site got it downloaded and it is working great. Thanks Sweet Pea. :)

Galts
11-07-2015, 08:42 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew of any controller support that allowed "legacy" thumbstick settings for use in PC defiance? Im enjoying the game with the pad now but iv always used legacy and feel more comfortable with it. Finding info on this specific issue is difficult and if i might just wait and see if its on backwards compatible list and stop playing PC version.