PDA

View Full Version : Request - Clan administration improvement

MagnusRune Daltus
02-25-2015, 08:06 AM
Hi all

Im sure most, if not all of you are in clans, and some of you are Founders/Leaders or Officers. and many Members and recruits.

If you are in a large clan you might be aware of some of these problems and suggestions.

NOTE all these are xbox eu problems, might not apply to PS3 or PC.

current problems.

1. Officers get the option to kick people from clans, but nothing happens. Is that correct? or should they not have the option at all, or should they be able to kick?

2. There is no difference between 'Member' and 'Recruit'. no powers, or perks gained. maybe recruits could only get 1/2 the clan boosts unlocked via the clan activities.

3. when scrolling through the list of members, if someone comes online, or goes offline, the list will freeze or reset to the top, or start looping 20-30 names. why is this? Also if you select 3/4 people in this menu for promotions or checking last online, it can freeze.

4. when editing the 'clan message' if someone comes online, or goes offline, the list will freeze, and not allow more typing, unless you bring up the full screen keyboard and type via the d-pad selection not chat pad.

5. Officers/leaders and the founder get the 'clan invite' option, even on people already in the clan, or in other clans. does not always happen, but it happens.

6. quite often people can not hear each other in voice chat. you can be talking and then suddenly silence, and you can hear other member stalking to the person who you can no longer hear. then later you can hear them again.

7. as above sometimes you can hear everyone talking but they can not hear you, unless in group chat. or you can hear no one and are talking to your self, and people can hear you and are replying, but you cant hear

8. the quick menus 'clan list' only shows a set amount of people, in A-Z, so at peak times you can only see the people with names starting with A or numbers. this was especially bad during the CC events as a clan mate would call in voice, or text they had one. but you can not find them to go-to-clanmate. and going to the main clan page in social wont give the option.

9. sometimes a new clan member does not realize they are in chat, and have a kinect bar. and all voices end up with an echo. can the kinect NOT broadcast voice, but only be used for the commands.

10. sometimes the noise is so bad you need to mute the person, or if they are playing music to purposefully annoy people but the 'last 50 active in clan chat' will not show them. OR will show people who are not online. but if you mute the person at the top, it stops both them AND the spammer.......

suggestions

1. A list of all clans, either in game, or on the website, as was advertised after launch. which lets you see, number of members, number online currently, clan rating, Founder and leaders online. this would be great for comparing clans.

2. the ability to sort clan mates in the list by last online. as with 3k members and problem 3. this si very hard to find players who have been off for 6 months + and only hit ego 20-100 (ie they played for 1 day, didnt like so left the game)

3. more ranks, or rolls within the clan. these could be set list, or free text to 20 charaters ie PvP leader, WM Leader , Expedition Leader. so if someone needs PvP help, they know to ask X. or if they want help with loudouts, or a price check for items.

4. as well as it saying my clan name above my head, also my rank?

5. can we also have a 'time in clan' listed for people? be interesting to see that someone in the clan for 2 weeks has 4 million contribution, and the other guy whos been in for 8 months has 2 million contribution

6. Clan hubs/houses/hideouts? with alcatraz you are adding a non-combat zone. i wonder if there would be interest in clan only areas. or even if its feasible?

7. Clan Logo. many of the larger clans have some kind of logo already, it would be cool if we could have our logos on us in game? or maybe have a Clan car? say a Dodge with the clan logo on the bonnet. would be a car you buy from a vendor, or as a reward for the pursuit, maybe a 'Rise of the Clans III'? then depending which clan your in you can get a logo to show. and once a clan hits (or is getting close to finishing that pursuit, someone at Trion contacts founder or a leader about what logo they would like. a file is then emailed over that is added in, has no nudity or anything like that ect. I suggest this as there is no pursuit to go all the way. 'rise 1' is level 3 in everything and 'rise 2' is 5 in everything. and the 2 acheivements for Arkfalls at 10 and PvP at 10. what about the rest?

8. can we have some more 'Clan activities'? ie 'Incursions' are missing, and one for 'Expedition' as this would bring the new clan rating to '4500 max' and a new bonus at '4000' for '+5% Ark forge'?

9. can 'Clan activities' have a boost ability? while under level 10, you can only level it up by about 1/3 a bar a day. once you hit level 10.. there is not point any more. and you get [+5% Skill Mult, +15% Salvage Mult, +15% Scrip Mult, +15% XP Mult, +15% Loot Chance] what would be nice is if you could put a new bar at level 10, that resets with contracts, which once full gives an extra 2% on all of the others.

thats all i have for now. what do you all think?

Ryker Vorton
02-25-2015, 08:57 AM
I see good suggestions here.

If i may add:

- Officer and leader roles should have clear differences, as it is now the only difference is that leaders can promote/demote but nothing else.

- Add a feature to vote kick/demote the founder. In my old clan we saw first hand a neat group of people with really nice clan potential destroyed by really bad leadership (or should i say dictatorship, as that term would describe it better) some people aren't reaady for the responsability of having leadership attibutes and making bad use of them is a very destructive thing

Kalyps0
02-25-2015, 11:10 AM
Nice post Magnus. All those issues are annoying but if the devs get around to it i hope they fix the clan list in,quick menu first.

Ryu Soba JP
02-25-2015, 02:09 PM
Clan kicking the founder is a very bad idea. If you don't like the clan you are in just leave it an start your own. That's what I did.

Dixie Cougar
02-25-2015, 02:21 PM
Clan kicking the founder is a very bad idea. If you don't like the clan you are in just leave it an start your own. That's what I did.

Agreed, our clan is a (benevolent) dictatorship and always will be. People come and go, other clans come and go, but ours is always here. Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' guns is the perfect basis for a system of government!

On topic though it would be great to have custom titles for delegating purposes (DCUO had a simple but fairly good system). Also, clan stash, gated by rank so recruits get X pulls, members get Y, etc...

I could go on, but I won't. But I could.

Altras
02-25-2015, 02:37 PM
A lot of good ideas, and list of things that need some attention. ^_^

Ryker Vorton
02-25-2015, 02:50 PM

And that's what i did, along with another 20 people or maybe more, all the higher ego players but 2 or 3 left the clan the same day, it was quite an exodus, but even though another big clan received us with open arms it wasn't the same and eventually most stopped playing.

Dixie, you said it right, a "benevolent" dictatorship, which is much much different than the same without the "benevolent" part ;)

Dixie Cougar
02-25-2015, 02:54 PM
And that's what i did, along with another 20 people or maybe more, all the higher ego players but 2 or 3 left the clan the same day, it was quite an exodus, but even though another big clan received us with open arms it wasn't the same and eventually most stopped playing.

Dixie, you said it right, a "benevolent" dictatorship, which is much much different than the same without the "benevolent" part ;)

I hear that, I have orchestrated mass departures from a clan I was an officer in in another game due to an inactive (not malicious) founder. This was a game where not having certain permissions could seriously gimp your ability to do endgame content. We wound up re-founding the clan with a slightly different name and it worked out reasonably well.

I guess what I'm saying is if 90% of a clan truly doesn't like the founder, they can simply leave en masse and make their own clan without much trouble. Giving them the ability to stage a coup within the existing clan seems like a much riskier solution to the same problem.

SirServed
02-25-2015, 02:55 PM
You should be able to dethrone your Clan's Founder if they fail to login after a certain period of time. You may be a Founder, but it doesn't give you the right to abandon your Clan and retain full ownership privileges.

EDIT: For example, my Clan's Founder was last seen 28 days ago. Before that, it was a 5 month stretch. On that one day he did return, he promoted more people to the Leader rank. Not counting alts, we currently have 14 people with the Leader rank that in our case also serves as the highest form of authority. While the 14 can police the lower tiered players in the clan, there is currently no one that gets to have the final say when it comes to policy and the like.

Dixie Cougar
02-25-2015, 03:01 PM
Well that makes more sense; at least inactivity is an objective criterion as opposed to "I don't like how you run things" which isn't.

That being said, as long as there's at least one person left with officer rank you can go on indefinitely without much trouble. We were inactive for about 6mo due to work/house buying chaos (sporadic logins here and there but no activity to speak of) and one of our officers did a great job managing things in the meantime.

Dixie Cougar
02-25-2015, 03:08 PM
EDIT: For example, my Clan's Founder was last seen 28 days ago. Before that, it was a 5 month stretch. On that one day he did return, he promoted more people to the Leader rank. Not counting alts, we currently have 14 people with the Leader rank that in our case also serves as the highest form of authority. While the 14 can police the lower tiered players in the clan, there is currently no one that gets to have the final say when it comes to policy and the like.

I guess your best option in that case is to become a Politburo/oligarchy.

You provide the secret police, I will make the "Uncle Mors" posters...

Ryker Vorton
02-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Mass leaving a clan to create a new one works in many games, but not in Defiance. Why? Because of clan rating, not many are willing to do the same effort all over again to get decent rating to have the "measurable" benefits of being in a clan

Dixie Cougar
02-25-2015, 03:15 PM
Mass leaving a clan to create a new one works in many games, but not in Defiance. Why? Because of clan rating, not many are willing to do the same effort all over again to get decent rating to have the "measurable" benefits of being in a clan

Fair enough but I reckon that is the price you pay. For what it's worth, I believe Cronus was founded by members of another clan (the original clan is still around and doing fine as I understand it) and they were able to level up OK--maybe Altras remembers how long it took?

Bonehead
02-25-2015, 03:22 PM
I guess your best option in that case is to become a Politburo/oligarchy.

You provide the secret police, I will make the "Uncle Mors" posters...

Can I please be a headknocker?

Please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faiRPRPWnKc

Altras
02-25-2015, 04:18 PM
Fair enough but I reckon that is the price you pay. For what it's worth, I believe Cronus was founded by members of another clan (the original clan is still around and doing fine as I understand it) and they were able to level up OK--maybe Altras remembers how long it took?

Yep, our started from not liking the founder of the old clan I was in. But when I founded Cronus, 3 other clans merged in that week, took us a month to get max rank.

Dixie Cougar
02-25-2015, 04:40 PM
Yep, our started from not liking the founder of the old clan I was in. But when I founded Cronus, 3 other clans merged in that week, took us a month to get max rank.

A month is really not that bad, even a few months without the same manpower is reasonable. Once you make it past the 3k mark there's no hurry.

SirServed
02-25-2015, 06:11 PM
A month is really not that bad, even a few months without the same manpower is reasonable. Once you make it past the 3k mark there's no hurry.
Eff that noise, I'm not finding 3 other clans to form up with. When I jump ship, I'll just join yours. :D

wjssmith
02-25-2015, 06:18 PM
Don't forget guys when you leave a clan your clan experience points basicly evaporate so if, for example, you found a clan and put in the effort (I have so far single handedly raised my personal clan to 800) and then members vote to Kick you out. You have basicly stolen the time and effort put into the clan. I could easily see a group of malicious players joining a clan and then when they reached the critical mass needed to kick the founder (and possibly everyone else) they could simply take over the clan stripping the player of their contribution. Also, would you have to have a specific contribution to get a vote? Don't like someones clan? Have you friends join, kick the founder and other players and then everyone leave effectively dissolving the clan and destroying the player"s contributions. Sure you could ask trion to restore your clan, but could they? More specificly why would they, considering it was destroyed using the very options the players requested.

Saminator
02-25-2015, 11:24 PM
I 100% agree with Magnus's post. Their are just far too many clan related bugs that need fixing, that would be really nice.

Also a suggestion I'd like to add. When a clan member talks in clan chat via text, next the the players character name it will say [Clan]. So it will say something like "[Clan] [Character] [Gamertag]: "Message". It would be nice if the [Clan] part was maybe replayed with the clan members rank? Since all clan members already knows that this is a clan message when it is coming out in blue text.

Mr666
02-26-2015, 12:12 AM
I don't think they will do anything but it doesn't hurt to make some noise now again.

recruit, members, officer, leader and founder should be place holder for whatever the clan want these titles to be named. Also The founder should be able to choose what each ranks can and can do. Ex. you have a Member rank that can promote but not recruit new members and the other way around. I think it be cool if you could sort the clan list by rank, EGO, and maybe some others. Please do fix the kicking and promoting bug soon I hate it when I can't clean house.

Atticus Batman
02-26-2015, 03:42 AM
I don't think they will do anything but it doesn't hurt to make some noise now again.

recruit, members, officer, leader and founder should be place holder for whatever the clan want these titles to be named. Also The founder should be able to choose what each ranks can and can do. Ex. you have a Member rank that can promote but not recruit new members and the other way around. I think it be cool if you could sort the clan list by rank, EGO, and maybe some others. Please do fix the kicking and promoting bug soon I hate it when I can't clean house.

It would be nice if you could see the last time a clanmate was online wuithout having to open each one individually as well.

Dixie Cougar
02-26-2015, 03:44 AM
It would be nice if you could see the last time a clanmate was online wuithout having to open each one individually as well.

There is a lot of empty space in the clan roster, most of the data displayed there could be pushed to the other screen.

MagnusRune Daltus
02-26-2015, 06:07 AM
I remembered another bug.

sometimes after someone leaves a clan, they can still hear clan voice, and see clan text. and respond into it.

we had someone who left, and joined another clan. and as he was talking to his new clan via voice, and text. we could hear him and read his messages. and he could hear us.. but also his new clan.

so it seams sometimes leaving a clan, or being kicked doesnt work properly.

and other times new clan members it will say 'X joined the clan' every time the teleport for a few hours...