PDA

View Full Version : Alcatraz Preview: Cyber Rigs

CM Kiwibird
02-26-2015, 07:17 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/02/33-rigs_blog.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/02/26/alcatraz-preview-cyber-rigs/)

Defiance is introducing Cyber Rigs – a new type of equipment – as part of the Alcatraz Update. These customizable implants allow you to push beyond your normal capabilities and ready yourself for the Expeditions that lie ahead. Read on to learn more!

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/02/26/alcatraz-preview-cyber-rigs/)

Holy Bahamut3
02-26-2015, 07:31 PM
I hope those excursions are easier to do with a team. Soloing them is frustrating.

Starbuck22
02-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Looks very cool can't wait to get one. :)

Chris Robet
02-26-2015, 07:40 PM
So with the partially premade rigs it will be nearly impossible to get the perfect rig without buying a chip puller.

Fuzzy
02-26-2015, 07:43 PM
So with the partially premade rigs it will be nearly impossible to get the perfect rig without buying a chip puller.

You can just replace chips though. No need to buy a chip puller. Just put a different chip over it. The first chip is lost though.

Chris Robet
02-26-2015, 07:57 PM
You can just replace chips though. No need to buy a chip puller. Just put a different chip over it. The first chip is lost though.

That's nice then.

Tura Satana
02-27-2015, 06:54 AM
I hope those excursions are easier to do with a team. Soloing them is frustrating.

Anything with a preset difficulty level, like a co-op map, is gonna be easier with more people. This will be no different I'm sure.

Xaat Xuun
02-27-2015, 07:13 AM
These shards are accepted as currency by a merchant in Alcatraz who peddles in specialized rigs and chips – visit the island after the launch of Alcatraz to see more!

will the merchant really be peddling rigs too ?
have not seen any at the vendor in PTS, so either the vendor does not or they're not in the vendor yet,

thought I should mention this, even if it is a question premature

Johnny Ops
02-27-2015, 08:29 AM
So totally stoked for this to go live!!!! been following posters on pts and getting excited since I don't have a pc to test with, I've looked but has there been any word on when abouts this is going to hit live servers??
Also thanks to everyone that does have pts accounts!!! And to the whole defy team for such an amazing game!!!

Ryu Soba JP
02-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Are the chips tradable?

CM Kiwibird
02-27-2015, 10:36 AM
Are the chips tradable?

Hey there! Chips and rigs are not tradable, but they can be broken down into Silicon Shards. There's more about those on the very bottom of the article. :o

mia jo
02-27-2015, 03:28 PM
what is the release date of Alcatraz to go live ?? tk's !!!!!

Azimov
02-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Are these in addition to the ego perks or will it replace them?

Rashere
02-27-2015, 04:36 PM
Are these in addition to the ego perks or will it replace them?

Where there's overlap, the effects stack.

Rashere
02-27-2015, 04:37 PM
will the merchant really be peddling rigs too ?
have not seen any at the vendor in PTS, so either the vendor does not or they're not in the vendor yet,

thought I should mention this, even if it is a question premature

He was, hopefully will be again, but I had to remove them for the time being. Not sure if they'll be back in before launch.

Claydough
02-27-2015, 04:47 PM
He was, hopefully will be again, but I had to remove them for the time being. Not sure if they'll be back in before launch.

it would be nice to at least buy the most basic rigs for people to get started. alot of people are probley going to underestimate these and endup missing out of rigs the first second or even third venture into expeditions

if anything going to make people more sour about weekly HR, missing out or rigs for a week or so will.

Dixie Cougar
02-27-2015, 04:58 PM
it would be nice to at least buy the most basic rigs for people to get started. alot of people are probley going to underestimate these and endup missing out of rigs the first second or even third venture into expeditions

if anything going to make people more sour about weekly HR, missing out or rigs for a week or so will.

Did you see the announcement about them tripling the free HRs?

Xaat Xuun
02-27-2015, 05:35 PM
thank you thank you
was concerned, that a announcement mentioning something, that was not really there. Good to read that it is there, just not right now, and will be there

well the problem with buying before entering . .. you need the shard currency , and as far as I know, the only way to get that, is breaking down the rigs or chips to get the shards, and the only place one can pick up Rigs and/or Chips, are in the expeditions.

you'll need to earn them thar Shards, starting Nakid

eta: there is a 10 sec countdown at the end of each phase/portion/ending area/(not sure what to call'em), but I think that needs to be up'd 5 more seconds like 15sec, if I'm solo, the slow loading isn't bad, but in a group I'll miss picking up a lot of loot.
there is a 30 or 25 seconds count down at the end of the main (end) boss fight. plenty for me if soloing, questionable if group

Razar2380
02-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Thanks for this new toy for us to play with. lol.

I do have a question about the chip puller. If someone buys one, is it bound to that character, or can they sell it, or trade it. One of the things I was thinking about was someone that couldn't buy one, but someone else might want to gift it to them, or if someone buys one, but wants to transfer it to another character.

If those can be unbound, that would be awesome.

Again, thanks for the Cyber Rigs. They look like they will be awesome, and a lot of fun to play with.

Razar.

MightyPlantain
02-28-2015, 04:59 PM
I might have missed it, but will the rigs/chips take up inventory space?

Fuzzy
02-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Thanks for this new toy for us to play with. lol.

I do have a question about the chip puller. If someone buys one, is it bound to that character, or can they sell it, or trade it. One of the things I was thinking about was someone that couldn't buy one, but someone else might want to gift it to them, or if someone buys one, but wants to transfer it to another character.

If those can be unbound, that would be awesome.

Again, thanks for the Cyber Rigs. They look like they will be awesome, and a lot of fun to play with.

Razar.

They can't be traded currently, not sure they ever will be since they're store only.

I might have missed it, but will the rigs/chips take up inventory space?

Yup, each rig and chip takes up 1 inventory space, afaik.

Razar2380
02-28-2015, 06:54 PM
They can't be traded currently, not sure they ever will be since they're store only.

Yup, each rig and chip takes up 1 inventory space, afaik.

Thank you for answering my question here, and in the other thread. I do have another one.

This one is about the answer you gave to MightyPlantian. Are there any plans to make it so that the weapons and gear you are actually using are removed from your inventory, since they are not in your inventory while being used. As it is now, I have about 5 or more things in my inventory while I also have them out using them. This takes up a lot of space in my inventory.

I might be looking at it wrong, but I always considered my inventory as a place to keep things I am not using, like a case, pocket, etc. But when I have things equipped, I always saw it as something I took out of those to actually use, thereby freeing up that space.

It was just something I was curious about whether or not changing it is being looked into.

Thanks again for answering all of the questions you have. It is nice to see the devs communicating with their players (which are actually their customers also). After coming from a game where the devs avoided the players, and only focused on monetizing everything they can, it is nice to see a game that the devs are more interested in the actual game play experience, and keeping a more balanced view of what to monetize. Please, keep up the awesome work.

Grandpa Ace
03-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Here we go; just more proof that is all about the business and the bits---screw the loyal player that has been here from day one:

"Many rigs come pre-slotted with a selection of Cyber Chips so when you find a rig, you can immediately load it up and start using it. To get the most out of your rig, though, you’ll want to fill up its remaining slots. You can replace any chip in a rig with another chip, but if you want to remove a chip without destroying it, you’ll need to use a special Chip Puller tool (available from the Bit Store)."

Note the last line, viz., "available from the Bit Store."

JOCCO5150
03-01-2015, 08:46 PM
At least they have a chip puller, that's more than they have for mods. They need a mod puller.

Grandpa Ace
03-01-2015, 08:52 PM
From the link:
Finally, your rigs and chips are not tradable, but they can be broken down into Silicon Shards. These shards are accepted as currency by a merchant in Alcatraz who peddles in specialized rigs and chips – visit the island after the launch of Alcatraz to see more!

cyguy
03-02-2015, 12:26 AM
Here we go; just more proof that is all about the business and the bits---screw the loyal player that has been here from day one:

"Many rigs come pre-slotted with a selection of Cyber Chips so when you find a rig, you can immediately load it up and start using it. To get the most out of your rig, though, you’ll want to fill up its remaining slots. You can replace any chip in a rig with another chip, but if you want to remove a chip without destroying it, you’ll need to use a special Chip Puller tool (available from the Bit Store)."

I was discouraged by all the odds and ends thrown in with the fine print being "available in bit store" here and there. Not to be mean but I feel like I've thrown enough money at the game when it first came out, then with all the DLC, and random bits at first. The big chip on my shoulder won't let me throw anymore cash at this came. I would hope that Alcatraz doesn't turn into one big bit store only kind of grab, forcing people to pay to enjoy the whole thing. However, from all the posts I've read - I'm just as conflicted about it as many others.

Razar2380
03-02-2015, 01:02 AM
I can understand that they need to keep the money coming in some way. I mean, this expansion is not going to be something you need to pay for just to have access to it, like the 7th legion weapons, and other things like this.

I am disabled, and have no income. I am okay that there is going to be stuff in the game that I will never be able to have, or use. If I did have disposable income, I would spend it on the game. (First would be the inventory spaces which are very few for starting players wanting to test different things in the game).

If I could change something, I would make it where things in the game cost game store currency like it already does. But, I would also make a trade system where someone can sell an in-game item to another player for the game store currency. An example of this is Warframe.

In that game, if I have something that someone else wants, then I can sell it to him at an agreed upon amount of their game store currency. By doing this, the game still makes a lot of money because even those without income can make them money.

Still, even if that is never done here, I don't see the puller as a major issue. And all of the other things I have seen since I have been here, and things before I got here are not too bad. I think it is better than a monthly sub where those paying are spending more money total than they would if they just had to spend a little bit here and there.

This also helps them make more money off of a larger number of players, than trying to get the same amount off of a smaller number.

I know that some may not agree with me. But I have seen a game that had a really good F2P system completely ruin their game by making horrible decisions. I would rather have a game that has stuff I am locked out of because I have no income, and the game is good, than to have a game I have access to everything just by grinding, and the developers in charge ruin the game that I care about.

That is just my opinion. But I have to admit, I spent 1.5 years with a game, and played almost 48 hours each week (give or take a few) and never had a developer to reply to any questions, and seen innocent players accused of exploiting just because the developers didn't listen to players. Here, they listen. That means a lot to me.

TheFancyJedi
03-02-2015, 05:19 PM
I'm super excited about this update. Can't wait to see what kind of things I'm able to pull off with the cyber rigs.
This is the first free 2 play game where micro transactions don't feel like a complete waste of money.
Keep up the awesome work and we'll keep playing!

kgersen
03-06-2015, 08:13 AM
I can understand that they need to keep the money coming in some way. I mean, this expansion is not going to be something you need to pay for just to have access to it, like the 7th legion weapons, and other things like this.

I am disabled, and have no income. I am okay that there is going to be stuff in the game that I will never be able to have, or use. If I did have disposable income, I would spend it on the game. (First would be the inventory spaces which are very few for starting players wanting to test different things in the game).

That is just my opinion. But I have to admit, I spent 1.5 years with a game, and played almost 48 hours each week (give or take a few) and never had a developer to reply to any questions, and seen innocent players accused of exploiting just because the developers didn't listen to players. Here, they listen. That means a lot to me.

Going OT here, but if you're on PC or next-gen console, you might want to check out Warframe if you haven't already. It's a really well done f2p, fun to play, strong community, a lot to do. The big difference, compared to Defiance, is that literally everything can be obtained by grinding. Certain things (inventory slots for example) can only be bought via the purchasable in game currency - but, that currency can eventually be traded for - there is a very robust in game economy. It can be the king of all time sinks and an IMMENSE grind, but it might work out for you.

Nicc0
03-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Going OT here, but if you're on PC or next-gen console, you might want to check out Warframe if you haven't already. It's a really well done f2p, fun to play, strong community, a lot to do. The big difference, compared to Defiance, is that literally everything can be obtained by grinding. Certain things (inventory slots for example) can only be bought via the purchasable in game currency - but, that currency can eventually be traded for - there is a very robust in game economy. It can be the king of all time sinks and an IMMENSE grind, but it might work out for you.

Also Firefall is a very good F2P(true f2p) that let you exchange the in game credit with the store credit giving each player the chance to play as preferred,and the game it's not plagued by the limitations of a console version and has a bigger and detailed world.
BUT:
I like much more Defiance,the overall setting and lore it's great,the weapon system and playability are good and I had so much fun in these two years.
BUT 2:
I must leave the game,the new content will be gated and not free so we will have elite players that pay and have all better equipment and lot of money and peasant players running around doing the same old thing and just once a week wiping on a expedition.
Now usually I would pay something on a game that amuse me but not this time because it's clear that is becoming a cash grab to get much possible before closing and this is sad,if you take a look at what would cost you all these new things to play at least in a normal way you'll see that is almost a regular monthly sub.
The game had so much potential,even after the bad launch and all the hate still had a world of options to grow and all the chances have been missed,now the next game to ruin it's Trove(I already left before getting burned again).

ColapsN7
03-06-2015, 02:30 PM

True f2p *50% f2p <-|-> 50% Bit Store
That's all
Вот и всё
(Вопрос для всех понятен)
(Question for all clear)

...N7® .

Sea_Jay
06-01-2015, 06:24 PM
I have a "keystone" chip,
but none of the rigs I bought have slots for it.
Cyber rigs & chips are only from Expeditions ?

So,
What Expedition provides the best cyber gear ???