PDA

View Full Version : Alcatraz: Weekly Hunter Requisition Update

LoCarb
02-27-2015, 03:10 PM
Hi there Ark hunters!

Iím excited to bring you eagerly awaited news concerning the weekly Hunter Requisition. With the help of your fellow PTS players we have satisfactory data that leads us to update the weekly grant, what was originally 1 complimentary HR a week is now 3 complimentary HR a week. Patron Pass owners will still receive the extra benefit of an additional 1 HR daily.

Again with such a change prior to launch it is still subject to change, as are post launch adjustments. I know this was a concern among our player base, but wanted to wait until we had the proper amount of data from our test results.

Thanks for your patience,
Locarb

Chris Robet
02-27-2015, 03:12 PM
I Love you LoCarb!!!!! (Not in a weird way)

Fuzzy
02-27-2015, 03:16 PM
That is brilliant news!! :)

PhantasieTrion
02-27-2015, 03:16 PM
This change is now Live on PTS (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?200551-Defiance-3.000-Alcatraz-comes-to-PTS&p=1710498&viewfull=1#post1710498) as well!

--Phantasie

crazyged
02-27-2015, 03:30 PM
Nice! That gives us a chance to not get horribly slaughtered in vain! :D

KasperSheitup
02-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Three seems pretty fair to me.
Well done.

Razar2380
02-27-2015, 09:19 PM
If I understand correctly, this means that ones that are not Patron Pass holders will only have 3 chances per week to get the Cyber Rigs. Is this correct?

Also, if it is, are there any plans to make it possible to grind certain content for rewards to be able to get more of them. Like adding a chance for them to drop at the end of co-op missions? Or during special events, like the legendary weapons have a chance of dropping?

Just a thought. I know that if this were done, it would need to be about as rare as legendary drops.

Alliiara
02-27-2015, 10:43 PM
Wow, I really like this change. Thanks so much. :)

Ryu Soba JP
02-27-2015, 11:12 PM
Thank you LoCarb and Phantasie (and everyone else involved). The second best news I've heard today.

Tura Satana
02-28-2015, 06:28 AM
They listened. : )

Fuzzy
02-28-2015, 06:33 AM
If I understand correctly, this means that ones that are not Patron Pass holders will only have 3 chances per week to get the Cyber Rigs. Is this correct?

Also, if it is, are there any plans to make it possible to grind certain content for rewards to be able to get more of them. Like adding a chance for them to drop at the end of co-op missions? Or during special events, like the legendary weapons have a chance of dropping?

Just a thought. I know that if this were done, it would need to be about as rare as legendary drops.

Out of one Hunter Req, you can play as many rounds as you and your group are able to do. Every round has the chance at rigs and chips (endbosses and mini-bosses in the expeditions).
If you aren't dying (and if you do, get revived by teammates) and push through the rounds, you have quite a few chances at rigs and chips.

Chump Norris
03-02-2015, 10:23 PM
This is great news! Thanks Trion.

Midnight
03-03-2015, 06:50 AM
This is a good step...you sir, are a scholar and a gentleman....

TNT Shadowz
03-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Just got promoted to Creative lead and already pleasing everyone. Well done

Mister Derpenhowser
03-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Definitely the right move. Thanks :) I was considering walking away before this announcement.

Now all you have to do is make private WM not cost HR and I'll be happy.. since you know, I've already paid for this content. Maybe up Ark Spike capacity to 8 and make it cost 8 of those instead. I just see no reason as to why a patch for an old dlc should cost a new form of currency that actually costs money.

Eleni
03-04-2015, 01:22 AM
Yeah cool for those who enjoy it, but im still not coming back until they fix the warmaster (countdown, TL rate) and PvP.

I still think its useless to chase "Rigs" if you have nothing to fight with.

I also lost my will to chase the "perfect" weapon since they release "cheap" versions for free in event and monthly jackpots.

I spent a fortune and year(s) to get Survivor shields, HP7, Springers, Zaggers, Precise Chaos,and so on.....
Now on All of them got a cheap version way better, making my DLCs guns (and the DLCs themselves) totally obsolete.

I think the game died at DLC5.

So basiclly, i had fun, but i have enough.

BA Stranger
03-04-2015, 01:42 AM
Thank you trion! You restored my faith in the game and now im excited for Alcatraz! :)

Grigsy
03-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Definitely the right move. Thanks :) I was considering walking away before this announcement.

Now all you have to do is not make private WM not cost HR and I'll be happy.. since you know, I've already paid for this content. Maybe up Ark Spike capacity to 8 and make it cost 8 of those instead. I just see no reason as to why a patch for an old dlc should cost a new form of currency that actually costs money.

THIS---^....without the double negative. With the number of people it takes to do a WM there are plenty of Spikes...too many, in fact. It might make them useful again. Besides wasn't private instanced WM a player idea to begin with? From a business standpoint i understand you are in business to make money. No money, no game, however, Some people just won't spend money and continue to suffer the ******s as they always have and you will have invested countless man hours creating/tweaking a product that yields very little return. Not sure if there is a business solution, it might just be a "Gimmie" that should have been considered in the original DLC.

Grigsy
03-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Wow...you can't say feminine hygiene bags? Strict!

Mister Derpenhowser
03-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Oops you are right, one too many "not"ssss lol. I have to edit that now!

Glad someone agrees with my idea though. Making money from things you've MADE money on is baaaaaaad business. By all means use your new currency on new content but WM charges make me sad, and angry -___-

s1cKb0y
03-12-2015, 02:07 PM
ty for the increase but i think its not enough, would be nice to win hunter req every time u finish a round or in wm now that we gonna have to use it for private rooms

CowdBlud
03-13-2015, 12:57 AM
Thats appreciated. You need to look after your customers, disgruntled ones tend to go elsewhere. If all you see is dollar signs thats exactly what you wont get.

So next on the list is making the patron passes cheaper!
Basic economics Price <> Demand make them cheaper, more people will buy them, you'll make more money.

Dixie Cougar
03-16-2015, 02:31 PM
Random thought: Maybe expedition entry fees (not the rez costs, just the entry ticket) should be waived for the first week they are out. Get all these people who think they don't want to spend a dime on the game to try the new content (3 reqs is probably not enough for this at the beginning) and give them time to learn what causes progress to reset, which prevents frustration down the road. Also might help catch lingering progress hampering bugs without creating a flood of support tickets.

If all goes well this should result in higher sales of HRs later on.

First hit is free and all that...

SirServed
03-16-2015, 02:57 PM
Random thought: Maybe expedition entry fees (not the rez costs, just the entry ticket) should be waived for the first week they are out. Get all these people who think they don't want to spend a dime on the game to try the new content (3 reqs is probably not enough for this at the beginning) and give them time to learn what causes progress to reset, which prevents frustration down the road. Also might help catch lingering progress hampering bugs without creating a flood of support tickets.

If all goes well this should result in higher sales of HRs later on.

First hit is free and all that...
A better idea is to leave the NPC on the PTS that gives you 20 free HRs intact. It can be a one-time thing to help players identify the learning curve, kinda like this snippet says:

- The initial Alcatraz quest is just to teach people how to get into expeditions but we've got some plans for making sure people have a few HRs to start with when Alcatraz goes live.

Dixie Cougar
03-16-2015, 03:10 PM
A better idea is to leave the NPC on the PTS that gives you 20 free HRs intact. It can be a one-time thing to help players identify the learning curve, kinda like this snippet says:

That works too.