PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Developer Q&A: February 27

CM Kiwibird
02-27-2015, 07:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Gavdkov.gif (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/02/27/defiance-developer-qa-february-27/)

Welcome, ark hunters! You’ve asked, we’re answering. We’re back with another action packed Defiance Developer Q&A! Make sure to keep an eye out for the next question collection thread on our official forums next week!

In light of recent feedback, we’d also like to cover some hot topics from the forums! Each player will now get 3 complimentary Hunter Requisitions per week, while Patron Pass owners will receive an additional Hunter Requisition each day.

Solo Warmaster
The change to have Warmaster always at Threat Level 10 is intended. Warmaster is end-game content, and is arguably the only “raid” content currently in the game. One of the lingering problems with Warmaster is that, because his Threat Level can scale, he can be easier to defeat with fewer players for the same rewards. It’s been a lingering concern since he went in, but since we’re about to let players spawn him at will for their own, private purposes, it’s time to address it. At the same time, we’re looking at his loot to make sure it’s appropriate to the now-locked difficulty of the content.

Private Warmaster
With the Alcatraz update we are responding to community feedback and we have decided to give additional functionality to popular DLC content that was released over a year ago. You are now given the option to create a private Warmaster or private minor Arkbreak interior, for the cost of 3 Hunter Requisitions. Take note that this does not take away the option to enter a public Warmaster. With the increase in the free weekly stipend from 1 to 3 Hunter Requisitions we feel that this gives the players a choice to face the difficulty challenge of the Warmaster for the larger groups or fight through our new Expeditions content for those who enjoy a more intimate group setting.

Rashere was talking about looking into adding some of the outfits from the boxes into the store. Has there been any progress?

Yes! We need to add a little code to be able to do it properly first, though. The way the system works, direct sale outfits are able to be granted to every characters on an account, but ones that come from a box aren’t. To be fair, when we offer outfits for direct sale that are also available in a lock box, they both need to work the same way. So, we’re planning to update the system to allow costumes coming from lock boxes to also grant the outfit to every character on the account.
We need to wrap up higher priority work on Alcatraz first, but should be able to tackle this in the near future and we plan to have the Night Porter outfit be our first test of the concept.

How can we get help if we’re having trouble with stability?

Information concerning connectivity and stability problems can be posted on the forums here (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?73-Bug-Reports-and-Issues).

Please post in the proper platform and include information on your exact issue. Keep in mind just reporting a random crash or disconnect may or may not help, information such as the time, timezone, and game location can help. The best pieces of information for us to use are reproducible issues with steps on how you reproduce them for your setup.

Will bit store lock box outfits ever be account based rather than character based?

That’s the plan. See #1 above for more details!

Can you add a “do not disturb” option to block teleports when in arenas? It disrupts gameplay and is causing some frustration.

We can look in to this as a general UI feature, keep in mind that the game is designed to be played with other players.

Do you plan on increasing the Cerberus Turret damage in PvP?

We plan on looking at tuning PvP in the future but we do not have a set timeframe for this, so please sit tight! This will include vehicle damage and vehicle hitpoints during PvP matches.

Can we have a “Capture the Flag” PvP mode in the future?

PvP updates are being considered but new game modes are not planned for the immediate future. We are going to take baby steps to tweak what is available now before jumping in to put in new game modes. Please keep in mind there is still no guarantee of new PvP game modes.

In the past it was discussed that you might make it possible to obtain all 4 starter outfits. Has any progress been made on making this a reality in game?

We are looking to put up the 4 starter outfits on the Defiance Store as soon as the Armistice day update. Please keep in mind that this is a planned date, and is subject to change.

With the ego cap originally set at 5000 when threat scaling was introduced, the max ego boost you could get was 4750. It stayed that way when the ego cap was raised to 5900. Will the boost cap of 4750 be raised now that the new cap is 6000?

The EGO cap is based around the EGO of the NPCs, not the max EGO of players. That’s also why its higher in Silicon Valley than elsewhere: the NPCs there have a higher EGO. We aren’t currently changing the EGO of NPCs when they scale, so we aren’t changing the max boosted EGO of players. If we change the scaling of NPCs, we’ll adjust the player boost accordingly!

Do all players in the group have to give up a Hunter Req to play or can one member use for entire group?

Every player that wants to join an expedition needs their own Hunter Requisition to do so.

In addition to the current inventory filters, could there also be filters for rarity, Nano effect, and synergy?

We have discussed additional ways to improve inventory flow, this includes filters and the like. With the Alcatraz update we have added a few such as the Inventory Salvage Matrix which allows you the convenience of modding and breaking down items in your inventory screen.

Can the Salvage Matrix options for raising ego level be changed? Currently there is a restriction that prevents items from beings scaled up if they are within 1-99 EGO rating points of your EGO and it’s frustrating.

Yes! We just removed the restriction that prevented items from being scaled up if they were within 100 rating of the player’s EGO. Note: increasing rating is a flat cost per operation even if it increases by less than 100 rating. This change is now live on PTS.

Read the article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/02/27/defiance-developer-qa-february-27/)

Holy Bahamut3
02-27-2015, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the answers. Can't wait until Alcatraz releases. When is that again? Early to mid march?

Alliiara
02-27-2015, 10:45 PM
[LIST=1] Rashere was talking about looking into adding some of the outfits from the boxes into the store. Has there been any progress?

Yes! We need to add a little code to be able to do it properly first, though. The way the system works, direct sale outfits are able to be granted to every characters on an account, but ones that come from a box aren’t. To be fair, when we offer outfits for direct sale that are also available in a lock box, they both need to work the same way. So, we’re planning to update the system to allow costumes coming from lock boxes to also grant the outfit to every character on the account.
We need to wrap up higher priority work on Alcatraz first, but should be able to tackle this in the near future and we plan to have the Night Porter outfit be our first test of the concept.

In the past it was discussed that you might make it possible to obtain all 4 starter outfits. Has any progress been made on making this a reality in game?

We are looking to put up the 4 starter outfits on the Defiance Store as soon as the Armistice day update. Please keep in mind that this is a planned date, and is subject to change.

Wow thank you so much Kiwi, I might have a reason to purchase bits soon :)

wjssmith
02-27-2015, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the info. Quick follow-up to the outfit question. Will the per account instead of per character change be applied retroactively to outfits previously dropped from crates?

Ryu Soba JP
02-27-2015, 11:09 PM
I want to say thank you for this QA. I am very happy with the answers given especially the hunter reqs for non Patton pass holders. This is the first game I've ever played that actually takes time to respond to it's gamers /supporters. In many ways I feel like we all have a hand in creating this game.

BC001
02-27-2015, 11:38 PM
Rashere was talking about looking into adding some of the outfits from the boxes into the store. Has there been any progress?

I am looking forward to that, though my finances may make actually getting anything take a while.

Can you add a “do not disturb” option to block teleports when in arenas? It disrupts gameplay and is causing some frustration.

We can look in to this as a general UI feature, keep in mind that the game is designed to be played with other players.

Teleport blocking in Expeditions is causing group separation problems already, if the two (Arenas and Expeditions) are linked so it has to be blocked or not blocked on both I personally would prefer unblocked. Also if someone in an arena gets disconnected it would be nice to have the ability to get back in without flushing the current run and starting over.

In addition to the current inventory filters, could there also be filters for rarity, Nano effect, and synergy?

We have discussed additional ways to improve inventory flow, this includes filters and the like. With the Alcatraz update we have added a few such as the Inventory Salvage Matrix which allows you the convenience of modding and breaking down items in your inventory screen.

The prototype of that right-click matrix on PTS makes working with the matrix much faster and easier though the breakdown button in the floating menu is kind of redundant since there is already one in the main inventory screen. :)

Currently on PTS the inventory has symbols which indicate that something has a synergy but not what the synergy is (except for it being a different symbol for mod synergy and number-of-items-equipped synergy) which does have some usefulness, but does not help when trying to see what one has of a particular synergy and group it together to make less scrolling necessary.

Can the Salvage Matrix options for raising ego level be changed? Currently there is a restriction that prevents items from beings scaled up if they are within 1-99 EGO rating points of your EGO and it’s frustrating.

Yes! We just removed the restriction that prevented items from being scaled up if they were within 100 rating of the player’s EGO. Note: increasing rating is a flat cost per operation even if it increases by less than 100 rating. This change is now live on PTS.

Would it be possible to change the color of the EGO rating or some other quick indicator on the item when it goes beyond 100 less than character EGO as a safety? The lock was actually handy in making sure something was up to date when there is not much time to do upkeep between battles without wasting arkforge if it was close enough.

NightmareAlonzo
02-27-2015, 11:54 PM
What about fixing the vendors around towns, which has the same stuff in it in like 3 different locations. Add more clothes and vehicles with different colors in some of the vendors around towns, like more special vehicles and special clothes. Also add vehicles from the data site to the game, like performance red edition, green edition. The green edition challenger was available in the fork, but when i came back it was gone and i wanted to buy it. Maybe considering adding a market place in the game one day.

Also another thing , you guys might want to consider adding more content on PVP, new maps, and new modes in the future. I'm not a big fan of PVP, but it can help in the number of players flocking to it.

Chris Robet
02-27-2015, 11:58 PM
The cars from the site were all in the game. Many were linked to events or special limited time codes.

BC001
02-28-2015, 12:09 AM
The cars from the site were all in the game. Many were linked to events or special limited time codes.

I suspect that like the outfits there are a few compatibility problems in the way some of those vehicles set up and the inworld vendor system too. In particular things that were designed for account level distribution like most of the ark code stuff would most likely have to be reworked to go into single-character oriented vendors.

NightmareAlonzo
02-28-2015, 12:54 AM

That's what I'm saying though, why don't they add all them back? its long over due and this game needs more vehicles to buy. Sigh. I really enjoy defiance, but some of the stuff I am seeing with this game doesn't make any sense to be happening. Please Devs, add all cars in the game from the database site. I really wanted to buy that green car and that performance red car is only available i think through gamespot beta code or something. its impossible to get now. For a game like this, this game needs about 25 more different vehicles

just please keep it in consideration for future content please. thanks

Octo
02-28-2015, 03:02 AM

So I wasted my money on HB lockboxes (to get the outfit) for nothing ? Woo !
But it's still great, you took the time to make the community happy. Good job :)

Do all players in the group have to give up a Hunter Req to play or can one member use for entire group?

Every player that wants to join an expedition needs their own Hunter Requisition to do so.

What about private Warmasters ? You need 3 HR to create a WM but do you also need 3 HR to join the instance ?

SirServed
02-28-2015, 03:12 AM
What about private Warmasters ? You need 3 HR to create a WM but do you also need 3 HR to join the instance ?
Public WM will always be free. To answer your question:

Nope. The only person who has to pay the HR cost for the private instance is the person who starts it up. 3 HR is more than fair. If you think of it on a per-person basis, a 24 man War Master is basically "charging" each player 1/8th of a hunter requisition to do it.

Claydough
02-28-2015, 05:11 AM
So I wasted my money on HB lockboxes (to get the outfit) for nothing ? Woo !
But it's still great, you took the time to make the community happy. Good job :)

I kind of agree, i bought heartbreaker boxes just for the limited time only outfit. i hope that the special event outfits remain lockbox only. Its nice to have a unique looking outfit.
As far as things like machinest and bio boxs, they are dead boxes and the cool outfits are going to waste.

Fuzzy
02-28-2015, 05:16 AM
That's what I'm saying though, why don't they add all them back? its long over due and this game needs more vehicles to buy. Sigh. I really enjoy defiance, but some of the stuff I am seeing with this game doesn't make any sense to be happening. Please Devs, add all cars in the game from the database site. I really wanted to buy that green car and that performance red car is only available i think through gamespot beta code or something. its impossible to get now. For a game like this, this game needs about 25 more different vehicles

just please keep it in consideration for future content please. thanks

It is nice though that some vehicles are only available for a limited time. It somehow shows you've been here for a certain time.
The High Performance Challenger was a Pre-Order goodie and should never be available in-game anymore. I own it and I wouldn't want anybody to suddenly drive around with it (ofc those who haven't been here since beginning).
The green Dodge was for the Christmas event, which honestly wasn't that long ago.
Then there are Challengers who came from special codes (Trick's being the latest one). If you'd look at the vehicles on Defiance Data (that "database site" :P), we put an obtain in all of them (should at least, if one is missing let us know).
I agree there should be more vehicles, but not some "special" ones (High Performance Red, Fuchsia, Yellow Clearcoat Black Stripe, Green one etc.)

Tura Satana
02-28-2015, 06:22 AM
A lot of positive news here. My only concern in using the Night Porter outfit as a trial run for a possible new system is this: Its a very unusual outfit. On the men its just looks silly. I cant see a lot of guys buying it. The female version is pretty cool but I can't see myself ark hunting in it. Though I will probably buy it anyway to help the cause.

But yeah.. considering this could make or break our chances of a new system, I don't think its the best choice. I think the courier lockbox offers a more realistic outfit choice. Perhaps the test could not be limited to just one option.

Ryker Vorton
02-28-2015, 06:53 AM
Solo Warmaster
...Warmaster is end-game content, and is arguably the only “raid” content currently in the game.

Now, with all the changes, i believe it would be only FAIR if the DLC content restrictions of Arkbreaker would match the other DLCS.

What do i mean?

Simple, in arbreaker the only restrictions are specific weapons usage and spending your ark spikes, but entering the arkbreaks is a free for all fet.

In the other DLCs, the restriction includes that you cannot enter the DLC specific arenas (pretty much equivalent to arkbreaks) unless you are invited/grouped by the DLC owner

I think that should be added to arkbreaker, so the entrance teleporters works ONLY for the arkbreaker DLC owners (actually, those transporters should work only for the peron who brought the arkbreak down, but let's compromise).

In all honesty, and as it is cleearly visible in the forums, we who have the DLC are pretty tired of getting leeched and even griefed by those who doesn't own the dlc but still are the first ones to come to the arkbreaks as freeriders.

hardy83
02-28-2015, 08:24 AM
I kind of agree, i bought heartbreaker boxes just for the limited time only outfit. i hope that the special event outfits remain lockbox only. Its nice to have a unique looking outfit.
As far as things like machinest and bio boxs, they are dead boxes and the cool outfits are going to waste.

I bought some lockboxes and got the outfit and I could care less if they made it available to other people.
It could be a super hard achievement outfit and they could give it away. It's just a game item.
Of course, since they are an event linked outfit, I would only expect them to be on sale during the event.

I think the other outfit sin lockboxes are "dead" because the lockboxes are so darned expensive. $5 a pop is not worth the chance for an item.
In comparison here in Canada there's a lottery called Lotto Max for $5 for a chance of up to 50 million.
Which one will I waste $5 on for a chance at something? lol

Mister Derpenhowser
02-28-2015, 10:50 AM
A lot of positive news here. My only concern in using the Night Porter outfit as a trial run for a possible new system is this: Its a very unusual outfit. On the men its just looks silly. I cant see a lot of guys buying it. The female version is pretty cool but I can't see myself ark hunting in it. Though I will probably buy it anyway to help the cause.

But yeah.. considering this could make or break our chances of a new system, I don't think its the best choice. I think the courier lockbox offers a more realistic outfit choice. Perhaps the test could not be limited to just one option.

Actually that dude outfit could be pretty good reskinned. Black leather with red wings, blue scarf, white n black vest, denim jeans & oxblood red or black boots. Be like an old skinhead outfit (of the non-racist variety). I'd buy it :)

xXxDSMer
02-28-2015, 06:00 PM
#11 is awesome... but there ABSOLUTELY should be an option in the settings, or some other way to NOT do a 1 ego upgrade for the full cost. Even if it's just a "batch upgrade by 100's only" option added to the interface. Or perhaps make a new option to specifically do one upgrade for 1 to 99 ego rating seperate from the current options.

Just some way that it's still possible to easily upgrade weapons while leveling, without having to make sure your toon is at exactly spot on 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 etc - over an item's level so forge isn't wasted, and we don't have to sit doing upgrade rating once many times repeatedly.

Don't get me wrong... I VERY much like the idea of being able to do an upgrade on an item without it HAVING to move 100 ego at a time... just give us some way to still only move an item only 100 ego at a time without having to do multiple single ego upgrades so forge doesn't get burnt upgrading an item 101 ego levels while the character is still leveling up.

I don't particularly care how it's done, but it needs to be done lol

Chris Robet
02-28-2015, 06:06 PM

Now that I think about it my wildcat is ego 5599 that is going to be a waste of arkforge when I'm upgrading it that one ego to hit 6,000.

Fallen_Aingeal
03-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Now that I think about it my wildcat is ego 5599 that is going to be a waste of arkforge when I'm upgrading it that one ego to hit 6,000.Why bother?

The benefits from 5500-6000 are almost so miniscule to be noticed.

Must be an OCD thing...

Fuzzy
03-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Why bother?

The benefits from 5500-6000 are almost so miniscule to be noticed.

Must be an OCD thing...

They adjusted the capacity and damage between 5.500 and 6.000 greatly, so you will need to have your weapons and shields on your exact/close to your ego.
1 Ego point won't make that much of a difference (maybe 10-20damage on a weapon), but in general, scaling doesn't "stop" after 5.500 anymore.

Grandpa Ace
03-01-2015, 08:21 PM
"Do all players in the group have to give up a Hunter Req to play or can one member use for entire group?

Every player that wants to join an expedition needs their own Hunter Requisition to do so."

FYI---THIS IS TOTAL BALOGNA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like dropping an Arkbreaker Spike for the rest of your clan to enter per se, any group should be able to enter on "ONE" Hunter Requisition. Don't give us the BALOGNA, we know it's all about the business, all about the money. Told you all before, this should be a possible DLC or even a New Season Pass; and just like that, those players that purchase the Season Pass or DLC should earn these "Hunter Requisitions" daily, just like Spikes.

GO AHEAD, punish groups and clans!!!!!!
Just my 2 cents.......

KILLSHOT707
03-03-2015, 07:58 AM
Now, with all the changes, i believe it would be only FAIR if the DLC content restrictions of Arkbreaker would match the other DLCS.

What do i mean?

Simple, in arbreaker the only restrictions are specific weapons usage and spending your ark spikes, but entering the arkbreaks is a free for all fet.

In the other DLCs, the restriction includes that you cannot enter the DLC specific arenas (pretty much equivalent to arkbreaks) unless you are invited/grouped by the DLC owner

I think that should be added to arkbreaker, so the entrance teleporters works ONLY for the arkbreaker DLC owners (actually, those transporters should work only for the peron who brought the arkbreak down, but let's compromise).

In all honesty, and as it is cleearly visible in the forums, we who have the DLC are pretty tired of getting leeched and even griefed by those who doesn't own the dlc but still are the first ones to come to the arkbreaks as freeriders.
I agree 100%. Why do I pay for others to enjoy the WM?

BC001
03-03-2015, 10:41 AM
I agree 100%. Why do I pay for others to enjoy the WM?

As far as I know of none of the other DLCs bar non-DLC holders from participating as long as a DLC-holder starts the match. The other DLCs do require that the non-DLC holders be grouped with the person who starts it for the fireteam-oriented arenas but have you ever tried grouping with 24 people? Doesn't work, does it.

The monkey hunts are unpopular enough without keeping potential participants away, especially with yet another new complexity to bloat the code and introduce more bugs. The fact that instead of addressing a real problem it would just service a vague and hardly universal perception that the event is not 'exclusive' enough makes it even more ridiculous to clutter up the code with.

Ever stop to consider that organizing WM runs may be supposed to be like herding cats? That it might be meant as a social challenge as much as an exercise in DPS target practice?

Arkbreakers does nothing different from the others except for what it is forced to do differently by the limits of the game system at the time the DLC came out. The Devs even bent over backwards and hammered in a kludge using code from the expedition system to make private WM runs possible so you can keep out anyone you like.

If these supposed freeloaders bother you that much what not go on Expeditions instead? Those require a coin from every participant to get in.