PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing?

WhiteStrike
02-28-2015, 06:14 PM
I finnaly defeated the Warmaster(3 times in a row) and I obtained a nanoless Stalker Zagger.But as I tried using it,it was very inferior to my French Hen.So I ask,when is a nanoless weapon better than a radiation or biological weapon?Radiation bypasses armor plates and grants a damage buff on proc,and Bio destroys armor plates and reduces enemy damage on proc.Plus,they both have perks.So,why should I ever use a nanoless gun?:confused:

Chris Robet
02-28-2015, 06:20 PM
I use my nanoless grindfragger that I got below 1000 ego and rarely die with it.

WhiteStrike
02-28-2015, 06:23 PM
I use my nanoless grindfragger that I got below 1000 ego and rarely die with it.

I use a Syphon one and my shield rarely breaks.

Chris Robet
02-28-2015, 06:30 PM
I use a Syphon one and my shield rarely breaks.

Exactly to each his own. While some may find egoless guns worthless others like me are more than handy with them.

SirServed
02-28-2015, 06:37 PM
A nanoless gun will generally only outperform a gun with a nano under very strict circumstances (lack of Armor Plates or the Player's lack of DLC5 Perks). When this was brought up during a Livestream, Trick said they wanted to look into what made weapons spawn with no nano and fix it. I guess it just got buried in the Fix list.

WhiteStrike
02-28-2015, 06:46 PM
A nanoless gun will generally only outperform a gun with a nano under very strict circumstances (lack of Armor Plates or the Player's lack of DLC5 Perks). When this was brought up during a Livestream, Trick said they wanted to look into what made weapons spawn with no nano and fix it. I guess it just got buried in the Fix list.

Hold on,what made weapons spawn nanoless?Fix it?Are nanoless guns a bug?

SirServed
02-28-2015, 07:00 PM
Hold on,what made weapons spawn nanoless?Fix it?Are nanoless guns a bug?
Originally, all weapons did the same amount of damage and the nano was just an extra effect (ironically, Syphon weapons were the best). Ever since each nano was given a specific purpose, it simply left nanoless weapons out in the cold since the nano effect plays a major part in the weapon's usage.

Bonehead
02-28-2015, 07:45 PM
It's a work in progress. Right now there is no real reason, imho, to seek non nano weapons. The card buff the non nano weapons have isn't worth the sacrifice when you are talking about loosing the rad or bio action. The fire is pretty handy with the extra damage ego perks. Syphon is working better than it's worked in lots of months. Shock needs a little love these days but with the ego perks it shreds shields wonderfully.

Pretty sure they aren't done with the weapon balancing yet. To the OP's point.
Yea, non nano weapons seem a bit "meh" these days.