PDA

View Full Version : shields with no abilities

Mister Derpenhowser
03-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Why do these even exist? Seems pointless... just like synless mods -___-

wjssmith
03-04-2015, 01:09 PM

I agree about the shields, however, synless mods are significantly cheaper, at lower ego levels I use them for backpack synergy weapons.

SUPREEM
03-04-2015, 01:32 PM
I agree also, about the shields. Another point to make, why doesn't the respark regen ark (at least) have nano resistance? It is a JP after all.

KillerDNA
03-04-2015, 01:36 PM
it's simple really.
The same reason white weapons and stuff exist... more useless junk to decrease your chance of getting something good!

King Stud
03-04-2015, 06:25 PM
It's inherent in any game; there will always be items that are relatively much weaker compared to other items. Considering this is also a loot chasing game, there obviously has to be a gradation of quality from **** to godlike.

Dixie Cougar
03-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Things without nano resists or special effects tend to have better base stats--regen, capacity, delay.

konstantinov
03-04-2015, 06:37 PM
I agree also, about the shields. Another point to make, why doesn't the respark regen ark (at least) have nano resistance? It is a JP after all.

It was the rarest and most sought after shield before it was a jackpot. I was fortunate enough to trade for one prior. There were literally only half a dozen of them on ps3 NA before it became the jackpot.

satirized
03-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Also, respark regen's ability is not exactly too useful. Health regen only works if your shield is completely full.

Mister Derpenhowser
03-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Regen shields are great if you know how to use them. That said I would rather use a 75% with nano than a 100% nanoless ARK anyday... (although the collector in would want the 100% regen..) lol

But thanks for replies, just more "legendary" pieces of junk I guess..

Chump Norris
03-04-2015, 07:57 PM

There was a time when shields like Respark V made sense (had the lowest delay) but Trick decided to change the shield system (think he blamed it on a typo)...

I mostly prefer shields without a nano resistance because some stat on the shield is higher.

Mister Derpenhowser
03-05-2015, 01:15 AM
I agree about the shields, however, synless mods are significantly cheaper, at lower ego levels I use them for backpack synergy weapons.

Actually, synless blues cost 10k, same as blues with a syn

Mister Derpenhowser
03-05-2015, 01:16 AM
There was a time when shields like Respark V made sense (had the lowest delay) but Trick decided to change the shield system (think he blamed it on a typo)...

I mostly prefer shields without a nano resistance because some stat on the shield is higher.

Ah okay, makes sense now. They had a use till they needed to be unnecessarily tampered with. Gotcha, thanks Chump! :)

Ryu Soba JP
03-05-2015, 01:08 PM
I asked a question on another thread about a useless item called bmg reload mod. Tackmag Reloader maybe its called? Seems pretty useless.

King Stud
03-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Also, respark regen's ability is not exactly too useful. Health regen only works if your shield is completely full.

Considering the shield recharge delay is only 2.25 seconds and recharges at 40% per second, I'd say its quite useful actually, though on other shields (ironclad, rhino, even rebel) the higher shield recharge delays and rates make the regenerator subclass on these shields much less useful.

Dixie Cougar
03-05-2015, 02:42 PM
I asked a question on another thread about a useless item called bmg reload mod. Tackmag Reloader maybe its called? Seems pretty useless.

Useless mods for useless weapons, seems pretty legit more like!

Considering the shield recharge delay is only 2.25 seconds and recharges at 40% per second, I'd say its quite useful actually, though on other shields (ironclad, rhino, even rebel) the higher shield recharge delays and rates make the regenerator subclass on these shields much less useful.

Yeah, regenerator is good on resparks and mediocre on everything else.

Claydough
03-06-2015, 07:39 AM

"Some items are not ment to be as useful as others"

Sadly some devs cannot seperate 'useless' and 'Not useful' with some things.

konstantinov
03-06-2015, 08:03 AM

IIRC Rashere said something about the 0.5 reload being a display error.

Shotora
03-06-2015, 10:05 AM
variety is good lets keep the crap in the game if we all had perfectly bad azz stuff why would we be playing after ego caps? whats left to do except farm for better things? Sure I play to play cause I just enjoy the game but part of the fun is looking for that item you always wanted. That's what keeps me coming back as I've hit the slow rating changes I farm the hell outta arkforge and better loots. Still trying find that sexy OJ shield with 50% HP regen that nullifies bio. I mean i have a low rating purple but either way ima have to farm something to get it to my rating and oj we all know what that something is lol.... Probably be better off finding it.

Mister Derpenhowser
03-06-2015, 10:16 AM
variety is good lets keep the crap in the game if we all had perfectly bad azz stuff why would we be playing after ego caps? whats left to do except farm for better things? Sure I play to play cause I just enjoy the game but part of the fun is looking for that item you always wanted. That's what keeps me coming back as I've hit the slow rating changes I farm the hell outta arkforge and better loots. Still trying find that sexy OJ shield with 50% HP regen that nullifies bio. I mean i have a low rating purple but either way ima have to farm something to get it to my rating and oj we all know what that something is lol.... Probably be better off finding it.

Plenty of crap shields with crap abilities so these aren't necessary. Just like there are over 700 blue mods with syns so blue synless aren't necessary either.

Nutrient
03-06-2015, 10:19 AM
If you really think about it, EGO levels are pretty pointless other than the fact that you can do more damage against your enemies..

Shotora
03-06-2015, 10:26 AM
But you missed the entire point when you first started did you know what was good and what was not? It's part of the diablo style loot system learn play etc it's what keeps you coming back subliminally you don't even know it is keeping you here but it is. All about the loots and the RNG. Keep that nice crap we all need scrip ya know?

But maybe we could find a middle ground though I'm sure people start throwing around pay to win if there was away via bit store to add abilities and nano resistances to shields of coarse probably implement a game way to though expensive it could be done. Like mods for shields.

Gai
03-06-2015, 10:33 AM
I'd take a plain shield over a exact copy with a crappy ability lol, it's an aesthetics thing.

Shotora
03-06-2015, 10:43 AM
why hell how many people look at yer gear and think yer awesome? if it works use it if it dont work for yer build then it dont i have oj ironclad no resistance or ability i use it more than my respark oj with fire resist and i think was something like 5% melee dmg after shield recharges lol Don't matter to me I perform and out live most with better gear i aint no defiance god im just persistent and competitive person. Worry less play more and you'll have no reason to complain. But each to there own i suppose?

Azimov
03-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Physicists say that only 5% of the mass of the universe is atomic matter (what we can see and manipulate and therefore potentially useful). Its much the same with weapons in Defiance. There is a sort of interesting symmetry there. ;)

King Stud
03-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Physicists say that only 5% of the mass of the universe is atomic matter (what we can see and manipulate and therefore potentially useful). Its much the same with weapons in Defiance. There is a sort of interesting symmetry there. ;)

Deep /10char

kgersen
03-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Deep /10char

Well, he is Azimov after all.:cool:

Ryu Soba JP
03-06-2015, 11:34 AM

I will have to test this again but I am pretty sure both my BMG reload with the same quickness.

Claydough
03-06-2015, 11:49 AM

Since day one?
No ones fixed a simple typo since day one?

konstantinov
03-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Since day one?
No ones fixed a simple typo since day one?

It's never been a "big" deal until now.

SirServed
03-06-2015, 01:09 PM
It's still not a big deal.

Claydough
03-06-2015, 03:56 PM

i will agree, but still 3ish years to fix a simple mistake that take idk, 1 hour?