PDA

View Full Version : The Guardian Angel: A Shield to Die For

Scapes
03-04-2015, 09:27 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/03/35-jackpot_blog.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/03/04/the-guardian-angel-a-shield-to-die-for)

The latest innovation in VBI shield technology is a true godsend for ark hunters preparing for Alcatraz deployments. Combining the legendary capacity of ARK Ironclad design with accelerated revivification, the Guardian Angel is the best insurance policy you could buy for deep-run Expeditions (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/02/17/alcatraz-preview-expeditions/). With advanced specs and anti-radiation nanotech, this is the new high-end shield to bet your life on.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/03/04/the-guardian-angel-a-shield-to-die-for)

Dixie Cougar
03-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Revivification, try saying that 10 times fast.

konstantinov
03-05-2015, 06:32 AM
Beyoncé is a survivor

AKMARK5000
03-06-2015, 07:33 AM
Where can one get this "The Guardian Ange"?

Fuzzy
03-06-2015, 07:40 AM
Where can one get this "The Guardian Ange"?

It's a jackpot item that can drop as a fifth item out of Elite Lock Boxes

AKMARK5000
03-06-2015, 10:30 AM
thanks man

northernbeast
03-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Got mine today and it's great . I searched it up cause I never heard of it before and turns out new jackpot item I feel so lucky -northernbeast

Logain
03-08-2015, 05:05 AM
Do we know how much resistance (i.e. What percentage) to radiation this shield has? Also does this shield have a higher capacity on PTS?

Looking forward to seeing if I draw one.

SirServed
03-08-2015, 05:09 AM
Do we know how much resistance (i.e. What percentage) to radiation this shield has? Also does this shield have a higher capacity on PTS?

Looking forward to seeing if I draw one.
I ran tests a few months back and all shield resistances are a flat 20% mitigation. It should have a higher capacity on PTS but enemies at the same EGO of the shield have adjusted health and damage values to even the playing field.

WOODY Killer of NIM
03-09-2015, 02:09 AM
I finally pulled on myself today im liking the capcity its helping me ride through these awfull 5000 bolt action kills but now am falling in love both with the sheild and the bolt action snipers...one shot beasts......good luck to all ark hunters in their hunt for this wicked sheild!!!

Valani
03-10-2015, 09:11 AM
With the game's difficulty going up, will the weapon mastery that makes Self-Revive go faster (forget what it said exactly) come back?

Kalyps0
03-10-2015, 10:34 AM
I like the shield combined with my syphon smg. I am trying to get a reckoning to use with it.
How is the shield helping u get more bolt sniper kills? I need a good amount of those too.

Teddycrusher
03-10-2015, 10:41 AM
got my guardian angel today super happy gonna be beast in expedtions ^-^

Ars Arcanium
03-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Why would we need a Ironclad? Surely you guys know that having a Rhino is better due to cloak changing the recharge delay to 1 second? So that means it takes about 3.5 seconds to get from bottom to top. Ironclads have a 10% per second rate. So even with cloak that means its still taking 11 seconds to get from 0% upto 100%. And due to it being a SURVIOR V ARK it is going to need to be broken. That's difficult due to it having HUGE capacity and a 6 second recharge delay. So you're more likely to not get the self revive bonus. If it was a Respark SURVIVOR V ARK, it would break easily giving you the bonus faster. But also charges fast enough to keep you from dying! That's the purpose of Expeditions! Not to die! So why do we need a shield that is going to take 16 seconds of hiding to get from 0 to Hero? Just saying, it's my personal preference. It's your game not mine. xP

jremarks
03-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Why would we need a Ironclad? Surely you guys know that having a Rhino is better due to cloak changing the recharge delay to 1 second? So that means it takes about 3.5 seconds to get from bottom to top. Ironclads have a 10% per second rate. So even with cloak that means its still taking 11 seconds to get from 0% upto 100%. And due to it being a SURVIOR V ARK it is going to need to be broken. That's difficult due to it having HUGE capacity and a 6 second recharge delay. So you're more likely to not get the self revive bonus. If it was a Respark SURVIVOR V ARK, it would break easily giving you the bonus faster. But also charges fast enough to keep you from dying! That's the purpose of Expeditions! Not to die! So why do we need a shield that is going to take 16 seconds of hiding to get from 0 to Hero? Just saying, it's my personal preference. It's your game not mine. xP

Agree with this completely. I would have preferred a Respark, but as the expeditions go on, I think you can get hit pretty hard so maybe theres a reason for the Capacity, either way GA has helped me take WM hits quite a lot recently and with Syphon SMG is pretty sweet.

SirServed
03-10-2015, 02:13 PM
First up, you can't assume the wielder is using Cloak. Like you said, it needing to be broken means it's easier to do from a lower capacity, not a higher one. The effect cooldown is 5 seconds and the shield will recharge slowly after 6, giving you a higher potential frequency of triggering the shield's special effect than if it had a 9.6 second cooldown. Enemy attacks will simply kill you instantly once you get so far into Expeditions, using a Respark will only make it easier for them.

If you think hiding is what you're supposed to do when your shield breaks, best of luck. When my shield breaks, my concentration level rises to the challenge. Cellular Armor, Detachment, Execution, Thick Skinned and Regeneration will make you difficult to kill and even more so when you have a high capacity shield equipped.

Claydough
03-10-2015, 04:58 PM
First up, you can't assume the wielder is using Cloak. Like you said, it needing to be broken means it's easier to do from a lower capacity, not a higher one. The effect cooldown is 5 seconds and the shield will recharge slowly after 6, giving you a higher potential frequency of triggering the shield's special effect than if it had a 9.6 second cooldown. Enemy attacks will simply kill you instantly once you get so far into Expeditions, using a Respark will only make it easier for them.

If you think hiding is what you're supposed to do when your shield breaks, best of luck. When my shield breaks, my concentration level rises to the challenge. Cellular Armor, Detachment, Execution, Thick Skinned and Regeneration will make you difficult to kill and even more so when you have a high capacity shield equipped.

i agree with this, as an avid user of a respark (i pull the JP respark within day of first playing the game) i think resparks small capacity is just not going to come close to cutting it.

and from what the devs are pushing, i dont think the point of the expeditions are 'not to die' but rather die strategically, or die at the right time.

mustangboss2008
03-10-2015, 05:07 PM
i have the guardian angel and the hurricane survivor ark the angel is good with the radiation resistance but the survivor is 95% recharge 6 delay and 3 plates unlike the guardian which is 10% recharge 6 delay and 3 plates yet both shield have the +20% self revive refresh on shield break im wondering is the hurricane survivor ark a better shield just a little lower cap? with higher delay.

Nefarious
03-10-2015, 05:15 PM
As much as I play this game I have yet to hit a jackpot. And if there is anyone I would want it would be this.

Vidya Game Gods grant me this request http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/rejoice.png

Big Jack Shepard
03-10-2015, 05:25 PM
i have the guardian angel and the hurricane survivor ark the angel is good with the radiation resistance but the survivor is 95% recharge 6 delay and 3 plates unlike the guardian which is 10% recharge 6 delay and 3 plates yet both shield have the +20% self revive refresh on shield break im wondering is the hurricane survivor ark a better shield just a little lower cap? with higher delay.

Well, Hurricane Survivor is certainly a cooler name. :)

I like to use mine sometimes just cuz of the name.

Rashere
03-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Agree with this completely. I would have preferred a Respark, but as the expeditions go on, I think you can get hit pretty hard so maybe theres a reason for the Capacity, either way GA has helped me take WM hits quite a lot recently and with Syphon SMG is pretty sweet.

Quite right. In the top tiers of expeditions, a Respark might as well be tissue paper.

cmpowell
03-10-2015, 07:08 PM
Quite right. In the top tiers of expeditions, a Respark might as well be tissue paper.

my trade for a rhino survivor is looking better and better

Octo
03-12-2015, 01:08 AM
Question: What's the drop rate of this Guardian Angel ?
I tried to test this on PTS with the sweet 10 000 bits, I only bought elite lockboxes and, well, no Angel so far.

Logain
03-12-2015, 05:06 AM
I tried to test this on PTS with the sweet 10 000 bits, I only bought elite lockboxes and, well, no Angel so far.

It's 1 out of 10,001 boxes or about the same for for a Sniper Recoil Stock any variety of Plate Slicer Synergy as I spent most of my PTS bits on cornucopia boxes and got zero. Not sure if it is in loot table.

In all seriousness I would be curious to know the correct answer.

Claydough
03-12-2015, 06:10 AM

my numbers are 1:36 at the moment over 180 boxes

satirized
03-12-2015, 09:20 AM

So, this is how the probability actually would work in this game.

Lets say each boxes have a 3% chance of dropping a GA.

10000 bits=25 boxes

0.97^25x100=46.7% chance of you not getting a GA. So realistically, if the chance is around 3%, you had a 50/50 chance of getting a GA.

And 3% chance is a quite generous chance to be honest.

So yeah, idk about buying t4 boxes via bits.

Amack
03-14-2015, 06:01 AM
1. Due to the nature of randomness, you could spend 100,000 Bits on boxes and still not get the shield. Drop formulas in games such as Defiance rarely use true randomness (https://www.random.org/). A true 3% drop rate with no weighted variables would mean that you had to roll a 100 sided die and if the roll came up as 98, 99, or 100 then you win. If the roll comes up as anything from 1-97, you lose.

2. Testing drop rates on a test server would not be my advised course of action. If fact, I wouldn't suggest ever trying to discover the actual percentage chance of receiving an item in an online game, since those values can be changed on the fly (or at server reset) by the devs and they don't exactly have to tell you they did it.

Ketzer
04-18-2015, 04:56 PM
This is seriously not the right direction to go with items, as it's gonna give this game a Pay to win label and drive off more people, and that's the last thing we need as we don't want this game that we have invested so much time into to have it die off on us

dagsh
05-09-2015, 02:51 AM
I have not missed opening an elite lock box daily since the day this was introduced and have not received anything significant, most of what have got has been put straight into Salvage Matrix
Even while playing the game most of the dropped loot is not worth picking up
So is the good stuff kept aside for the bit players????????????

Ark Huntress
05-09-2015, 03:28 AM
I have not missed opening an elite lock box daily since the day this was introduced and have not received anything significant, most of what have got has been put straight into Salvage Matrix
Even while playing the game most of the dropped loot is not worth picking up
So is the good stuff kept aside for the bit players????????????

I cannot speak for the chances of getting a jackpot (it is called jackpot for a reason) but I did pulled about two low level oranges in about ten expert lock boxes which might or might not have been luck related. I am a slow key earner after all, so I am quite happy with the result!
But yes, the rest are either salvaged or sold.

This shield is the old jackpot by the by.

Jerrmy12
05-09-2015, 03:47 AM
Same, I have never gotten a jackpot, ever.
It's annoying.

Ophidius
05-09-2015, 07:39 AM
Same here.

Close to a hundred t4 boxes opened and not one jackpot.
Oranges on the other hand, seem to pop about 1:5.

I might have to buy more bits and see if that factors in, heh.