PDA

View Full Version : 50 hours playing pvp...

Kuroro
03-08-2015, 04:30 AM
It is the only pvp pursuit left on my list,and i was just thinking something that maybe someone could answer me:shadow war counts for it?

Cryptic Effect
03-08-2015, 05:21 AM
Yes, shadow war does count. That's how I finished mine.

Iceberg
03-08-2015, 08:24 AM
It is the only pvp pursuit left on my list,and i was just thinking something that maybe someone could answer me:shadow war counts for it?

Yup, just join one and go drive around doing other things while you wait for the matches to end.

Tura Satana
03-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Haha yeah I just run off and hide in the bushes somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I play. But 50 hours is a lot. Especially since I completed the other goals in about 20. So sometimes I just join and collect time while I do something else in the house. I don't find it to be a big deal as half the people in shadow war are useless anyways. Plus when I do play I make up for it.

Chris Robet
03-08-2015, 10:12 AM
I wish I could just join and not play but I still have to kill about 50 more people as well 20 more vehicle destroys in the 20 hours I have left. :(

JOCCO5150
03-08-2015, 10:51 AM
It will probably take me more than 50 hours to get all my turret kills

Tura Satana
03-08-2015, 10:52 AM
I wish I could just join and not play but I still have to kill about 50 more people as well 20 more vehicle destroys in the 20 hours I have left. :(

Oh.. the vehicle kills in shadow war.. Yeah.. enter with a friend and keep leaving and rejoining until you get on opposite teams. Then meet far out on the map and just take turns blowing each others bikes out from underneath one another. Otherwise that pursuit is a real headache.

Tura Satana
03-08-2015, 10:55 AM

No it won't. I'll help you.

JOCCO5150
03-08-2015, 11:31 AM
No it won't. I'll help you.
Cool. Thanks Tura

PTR47
03-08-2015, 11:54 AM

I have finished my 50 hours, but so far, just 3 turret kills.

Stupid cerberus.

KingNephilim
03-08-2015, 12:52 PM
I have finished my 50 hours, but so far, just 3 turret kills.

Stupid cerberus.

Really? I'm curious... what've you been doing for all that time? I've been doing pvp pretty regularly for the last couple months or so. Sometimes for amusement & sometimes intent on aquiring those ridiculously painstaking pursuits one by one. I now only have 2 turret kills left, 13 hours to go (-_-) ...& absolutely no drive left.

PTR47
03-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Really? I'm curious... what've you been doing for all that time? I've been doing pvp pretty regularly for the last couple months or so. Sometimes for amusement & sometimes intent on aquiring those ridiculously painstaking pursuits one by one. I now only have 2 turret kills left, 13 hours to go (-_-) ...& absolutely no drive left.

With about 10 hours left, I expected to be doing turret kills, but ya, no drive to do so. Things like Freight Yard are entirely not fun at the moment, so I won't even go in there let alone try for turret kills. The last 10 hours I accumulated doing Shadow Wars for fun -- which is not often. It's better than Freight Yard, but can still be pretty ridiculous.

Bonehead
03-08-2015, 01:10 PM
50 hrs of PVP?

Yea, not gonna happen.

Chris Robet
03-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Easy way to get turret kills is to back the turret up to the very edge of the spawn point in freight yard then shoot at anyone that comes into view. I pulled an allnighter and got my 25 in about 7 hours.

nathanpbutler
03-09-2015, 02:20 PM
I really feel for those trying to do this now with the scaling, the non-scaling Cerberus, etc. This was a real pain in the junk to do this back during the first few months of the game. I cannot imagine trying to grind through it now. : shivver :

Tura Satana
03-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Easy way to get turret kills is to back the turret up to the very edge of the spawn point in freight yard then shoot at anyone that comes into view. I pulled an allnighter and got my 25 in about 7 hours.

You must of been killed a million times cuz you are a sitting duck there. You're better off on the ground by the trees so you're not completely obvious. People always look to the cliff spawn area cuz there are a lot players who stay up there like scared girlscouts and try to snipe.

kgersen
03-09-2015, 03:09 PM
If anyone else wants to team up for turret kills & shadow vehicle kills - I'm game. I have 45+ hours into pvp, since launch, but 0 turret kills & maybe 5 vehicle kills. Wasn't motivated enough to pursue them before, but knocking those out and getting a few odd cap kills would push me over the cap. So I'd definitely be into doing it. Evenings, weekends EST.

I actually tried the "parking" method a few times on Freight Yard yesterday. Then someone came along and melee killed the Cerberus I was sitting in.......

Chris Robet
03-09-2015, 03:10 PM
You must of been killed a million times cuz you are a sitting duck there. You're better off on the ground by the trees so you're not completely obvious. People always look to the cliff spawn area cuz there are a lot players who stay up there like scared girlscouts and try to snipe.

I only died when people decided to drive the cerebus around with me in it. Which happened quite often actually.

kgersen
03-09-2015, 03:11 PM
I'll help too. Been meaning to find you anyway as far checking out your clan.

DEATHBRINGER210
03-09-2015, 03:19 PM
you can always find the group in the corner . easy pickens :0

Xaat Xuun
03-09-2015, 03:54 PM
heh I'm not too concern about the hours .. I'm so bad, that I'll probably will need 500 hours before I'll complete all the other PVP pursuits
I'm sure I'm half way or more at getting the 50 hours, but not even half way on the other pursuits . . everyone in PvP can easily become my Nemesis

Chump Norris
03-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Do duels count? I have time towards pvp and have never set foot in a pvp map.

Chris Robet
03-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Do duels count? I have time towards pvp and have never set foot in a pvp map.

Yes duels count... sometimes.

Brido_hecatombe
03-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Yup, just join one and go drive around doing other things while you wait for the matches to end. If you want pvp pursuits then join pvp and fight, piece of s**t leacher

Adage
03-09-2015, 07:16 PM
...someone came along and melee killed the Cerberus I was sitting in.......

Yeah...

One of the many balancing issues with pvp.

Iceberg
03-09-2015, 07:22 PM
If you want pvp pursuits then join pvp and fight, piece of s**t leacher

If you have done all the caps and kills there is nothing left but hours then yes you join and do other things, you lose you gain 8,500 xp you win you get 9,500 xp. Please don't call others pieces of crap, that is not nice.

Brido_hecatombe
03-09-2015, 07:36 PM
If you have done all the caps and kills there is nothing left but hours then yes you join and do other things, you lose you gain 8,500 xp you win you get 9,500 xp. Please don't call others pieces of crap, that is not nice.
I will when they said muppets are joining pvp and unbalancing the fight at lower numbers, 4vs4 is too unbalanced when one of said pieces of crap join and just go away and do their own thing, should be banned from pvp for doing stuff like that!!!! and the fact you're backing this type of play should get you banned also ya muppet!!!

ShatterST4R
03-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Many people don't enjoy PvP, therefore the pursuit forcing you to play it, is I'll thought.

I know many people that join shadow war, and drive away to do their own thing because let's be honest.. 50 hours is horrible and a lot of time to play in something with zero balance.

Tura Satana
03-09-2015, 07:52 PM
^Agreed.

If you want pvp pursuits then join pvp and fight, piece of s**t leacher

This is hardly leeching. It is logging time and nothing more. Don't need xp anymore. Oh so we get a few keys that we could get ten times faster doing something else. I've done my share of killing, capturing, and defending - twice over.

Do you have issue with all the players that go 0-10 every match? Or basically don't do anything but killed? Because thats half the players on a team at any given time. I suppose they are trying to play but they are doing nothing of value aside from raising the other teams kill/death ratio. Thank god there aren't kill streaks in this game.

Anyway, I won't sit idle in a match where there are only a couple people and lopsided teams. But when the teams are full of people most of them are useless anyway. And like I mentioned earlier, when I do play I more than make up for the times I don't. But don't worry.. I'm almost done with the 50 hrs. So when you see me on, it'll only to be kick your @ss.

Xaat Xuun
03-09-2015, 09:04 PM
so, ya want the 50 hours done in a week ?
even if you did 1 hour of PvP a day, that's less then 2 months

I have to admit, I don't understand why some players just enjoy playing the game, but instead get all stressed trying to complete every thing within the first month , maybe that's their thing, I guess it's a each there own thing

I know I plan to be playing for a while, so have plenty of time to level up, and complete the pursuits, but that's me
I hate shadow Wars, because it takes a while for everything to load, I get shot by players AND Npc's that are not loaded for me, all the time in SW, it's why I prefer to do the PvP in the other Instances.
I have no issues make new Nemesis, it's not hard for me. I know I'm making someone happy getting their kills :cool:
Just wish I had doppelganger of me doing the same for me ;)

Tura Satana
03-10-2015, 05:46 AM
Its not a week, it has already been several. And I don't play pvp for an hour usually. And certainly not every day. So it would take more than two months. And I finished the other PvP pursuits weeks ago. So why do I want to drag this on for another several months?

konstantinov
03-10-2015, 05:52 AM
I thoroughly enjoy sniping people in the face. FY fun times.

For what it's worth I am almost done completing the pvp pursuits on a 2nd character. How can people not enjoy pvp in a shooting game?? This isn't the sims

r1p
03-10-2015, 06:01 AM
I will when they said muppets are joining pvp and unbalancing the fight at lower numbers, 4vs4 is too unbalanced when one of said pieces of crap join and just go away and do their own thing, should be banned from pvp for doing stuff like that!!!! and the fact you're backing this type of play should get you banned also ya muppet!!!

Anyone else read that and hear this:

Ah wull whin thay said muppets ur joining pvp 'n' unbalancing th' rammy at lower numbers, 4vs4 is tae unbalanced whin yin o' said pieces o' crap jyne 'n' juist awa wi ye 'n' dae thair ain thing, shuid be banned fae pvp fur daein' stuff lik' that!!!! 'n' th' fact ye'r backing this type o' speil shuid git ye banned an' a' ye muppet!!!

Brido_hecatombe
03-10-2015, 06:05 AM

Round of applause for you, :rolleyes: Learn that from Braveheart did we?

Xaat Xuun
03-10-2015, 06:12 AM
Its not a week, it has already been several. And I don't play pvp for an hour usually. And certainly not every day. So it would take more than two months. And I finished the other PvP pursuits weeks ago. So why do I want to drag this on for another several months?
fair enough

pretty much my plan too, though my query was more towards the general population

I've been popping in-and-out of PvP for a year now, and not even half way complete, it's just been since the end of the Valentine event that I have been more into PvP. I probably went the wrong way about it, but was just trying to point out if you enjoy the game, there is no reason to try and complete everything as fast as one possibly can do it.
If it's the feeling of being incomplete, and need to complete it, I understand

I guess joining SW, and running around doing Emergencies inside the ring would work

r1p
03-10-2015, 06:23 AM
Round of applause for you, :rolleyes: Learn that from Braveheart did we?

Nope. Since google didn't have an English to Scottish translator I found a site that did.

Sliverbaer
03-10-2015, 06:45 AM

Yes, I love the Muppets!

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060126202947/muppet/images/e/ef/Angus.JPG
(The episode with Mark Hamill has Angus McGonagle)

sicxz
03-10-2015, 07:39 AM
I have every single pvp pursuit requirement, expect the stupid time one

Iceberg
03-10-2015, 02:16 PM
I thoroughly enjoy sniping people in the face. FY fun times.

For what it's worth I am almost done completing the pvp pursuits on a 2nd character. How can people not enjoy pvp in a shooting game?? This isn't the sims

How can anyone enjoy a broken system competitively? There was those running zaggers all day long, then with the scaling problem everyone was killing with BMGs.

konstantinov
03-10-2015, 02:18 PM
How can anyone enjoy a broken system competitively? There was those running zaggers all day long, then with the scaling problem everyone was killing with BMGs.

I just didn't pvp when you had ego 20's and such using the bmg glitch. How is it broken? Low egos are scaled up and I shoot people in the face. There's nothing to debate there.

SirServed
03-10-2015, 02:19 PM
Ah wull whin thay said muppets ur joining pvp 'n' unbalancing th' rammy at lower numbers, 4vs4 is tae unbalanced whin yin o' said pieces o' crap jyne 'n' juist awa wi ye 'n' dae thair ain thing, shuid be banned fae pvp fur daein' stuff lik' that!!!! 'n' th' fact ye'r backing this type o' speil shuid git ye banned an' a' ye muppet!!!
The tears, they won't stop. This is priceless.

Genuine
03-10-2015, 03:36 PM
I really can't figure out how ppl lvl up their Cerberus skill to 20. Don't tell me explosion 101, it take forever and ever.

I really need to lvl up my Cerberus skill to 20 but ppl just dont let me do that. Will they let me do that if I hang a white flag on it?
is 50 hour enough to raise Ceerberus skill to 20... I doubt so.

ShatterST4R
03-10-2015, 03:39 PM
I really can't figure out how ppl lvl up their Cerberus skill to 20. Don't tell me explosion 101, it take forever and ever.

I really need to lvl up my Cerberus skill to 20 but ppl just dont let me do that. Will they let me do that if I hang a white flag on it?

Buy a patron pass and as you level other skills it will automatically level up. Easiest way to do it.

SirServed
03-10-2015, 03:40 PM

Check your PMs.

Xaat Xuun
03-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Check your PMs.
I don't think PMS has anything to do with it, tho possible I guess

Iceberg
03-10-2015, 04:10 PM
I just didn't pvp when you had ego 20's and such using the bmg glitch. How is it broken? Low egos are scaled up and I shoot people in the face. There's nothing to debate there.

Ok, so are you happy with the spawn locations? The SF ones to be more accurate.

konstantinov
03-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Ok, so are you happy with the spawn locations? The SF ones to be more accurate.

You talking about shadow war?

Iceberg
03-10-2015, 04:17 PM
You talking about shadow war?

I thought we were talking about shadow war since the start...??

konstantinov
03-10-2015, 04:21 PM
I thought we were talking about shadow war since the start...??

I was talking about Freight Yard.

Iceberg
03-10-2015, 04:23 PM
I was talking about Freight Yard.

That's impossible, how can you talk about one thing while I talk about another? Ok so to sorta stay on your topic, I like freight yard after the devs finally got it fixed.

Tura Satana
03-10-2015, 04:29 PM

I can't think of how many times I'm on a team full of people and I'm the only one killing anything. So.. I really don't care. Though I won't go afk in a match with only a couple people cuz it does get lopsided easily. But speaking of lopsided, i have been down 3 vs 2 before only to have someone new join and be put on the OTHER team.. making it 4 vs 2. (--__--)

Kuroro
03-10-2015, 08:02 PM
How can people not enjoy pvp in a shooting game?? This isn't the sims

One of the best comments I have ever seen

crazyged
03-11-2015, 12:50 AM
I was pretty lazy getting around to pvp - played almost a year before I tackled it.

But, useless as I am, I'm loving every second of it! I'm two thirds through my pursuits and will be finishing one or two more this weekend.

That 50 hours will fly!