PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Keycodes (Bug Basin vs Sniper's Ridge)

Gai
03-09-2015, 01:35 AM
Are there any faster spots?

It takes 1 min 30 seconds to get 2 keys at Bug Basin and 1 min 40 seconds at Sniper's Ridge assuming you're using blur, travel time is included in those times btw.

Claydough
03-09-2015, 02:04 AM
Is this the smartest thing to be posting? These sites speed rely on only you being there

Gai
03-09-2015, 02:22 AM
Is this the smartest thing to be posting? These sites speed rely on only you being there

Even on a higher threat level it would still be fast lol.

SilverWF
03-09-2015, 02:29 AM
Is this the smartest thing to be posting?

Sure not. I think, this is dumbest thing. Also, it can lead to some sort of "fixes" for this sites.

Ryu Soba JP
03-09-2015, 02:31 AM
wow I don't think I would have asked this question.

MagnusRune Daltus
03-09-2015, 02:45 AM
Well they only get you the keys if they are the Daily or weekly contracts.

all conflict sites used give them out any time you did them, like 'mine 99' takes 20 seconds tops with 4 blur people. and not even a min on your own.

so people would just be running in and out of mine 99, doing it again and again... so they changed it so that only contract conflict sites give keys. and as you can only do them once a day... doesnt matter if takes 10 seconds or 30 mins.

then if your clan has 'clan rank 3' you get an extra key at each event.. so mine 99 was even more OP, as you could fill your 64 codes in about 10-15 mins

SUPREEM
03-09-2015, 04:50 AM
*facepalm*

konstantinov
03-09-2015, 04:58 AM
I do Dark matter disguise as it takes 20 mins+ and gives me 3 keycodes for 50k+ score. It's definitely the best one to do for keycode farming as I can get buy a T4 box every 2.5 weeks.

Claydough
03-09-2015, 06:04 AM
Even on a higher threat level it would still be fast lol.

Yeah but if others show up at these small sites, somtimes the points dont go far enough to get your key reward.

Gai
03-09-2015, 06:05 AM
I do Dark matter disguise as it takes 20 mins+ and gives me 3 keycodes for 50k+ score. It's definitely the best one to do for keycode farming as I can get buy a T4 box every 2.5 weeks.

LMAO sounds legit.

hiban
03-09-2015, 06:13 AM
Are we talking about keys or Arkforge?

Certainly, those sites give keys (no arkforge). But it's so tedious to repeat and repeat the same 1-minute-long stuff, and you earn 2 keys per 1min40sec, which is not as much as you think. (im not sure if those 2 keys include the extra key from clan level 3, so it might really be just 1 key per run)

That is not so much, if you take into account that doing speedruns of expert coops (provided you got a good team and you all run in group), you can get a similar amount of keys (or more) on a similar amount of time, plus 10-12 arkforge per run. And on top of that, it's more fun.

Of course, sniper ridge/bug basin are useful if you just need 2-4 more keys to buy a lockbox and have no chance to find a team, but for real key/arkforge farming, the best option up to date is to get a good veteran team and do expert coops.

r1p
03-09-2015, 06:38 AM

Thanks bubba, I needed that this morning.

Claydough
03-09-2015, 06:54 AM
Are we talking about keys or Arkforge?

Certainly, those sites give keys (no arkforge). But it's so tedious to repeat and repeat the same 1-minute-long stuff, and you earn 2 keys per 1min40sec, which is not as much as you think. (im not sure if those 2 keys include the extra key from clan level 3, so it might really be just 1 key per run)

That is not so much, if you take into account that doing speedruns of expert coops (provided you got a good team and you all run in group), you can get a similar amount of keys (or more) on a similar amount of time, plus 10-12 arkforge per run. And on top of that, it's more fun.

Of course, sniper ridge/bug basin are useful if you just need 2-4 more keys to buy a lockbox and have no chance to find a team, but for real key/arkforge farming, the best option up to date is to get a good veteran team and do expert coops.

Expert co ops give terrible keys, quick sites are the only way to get fast keys.

Animal85
03-09-2015, 09:27 AM
these max clan rank bonuses dont work since new score system come in so no bonus key
descruction arkfals is realy fast too if is many people around just use sword glich and its done in 30 sec

Claydough
03-09-2015, 11:47 AM
these max clan rank bonuses dont work since new score system come in so no bonus key
descruction arkfals is realy fast too if is many people around just use sword glich and its done in 30 sec

The bonuses work perfectally fine

The destruction arkfalls are really great for quick supplys (i can do it in like 10 seconds with my fire wildcat) but are unreliable and honestly, just the sheer time driving to them reduces keys/hour

Major Crapshot
03-09-2015, 12:05 PM
I think we need to go over the "rules" again....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdw140XBxH1rykdxao1_500.png

;)

Animal85
03-09-2015, 01:13 PM
The bonuses work perfectally fine

The destruction arkfalls are really great for quick supplys (i can do it in like 10 seconds with my fire wildcat) but are unreliable and honestly, just the sheer time driving to them reduces keys/hour
clan rank bonuses dont work just test with clan how much you get keys and without clan you got same amount

r1p
03-09-2015, 01:22 PM
It would be nice to know what the formula was for calculating keys. I saw one posted from last year but I could never get it to match what I really received in game, with or without clan bonus.

Claydough
03-09-2015, 01:51 PM
clan rank bonuses dont work just test with clan how much you get keys and without clan you got same amount

no you don't, atleast with keys.

i was clanless for a very long time and farmed these sites alot in my early day for only 1 key @7500 points.
i now never receive 1 key for anything

maybe you should test some of these things you claim are broken instead of talking out your *** all the time

Claydough
03-09-2015, 01:53 PM
It would be nice to know what the formula was for calculating keys. I saw one posted from last year but I could never get it to match what I really received in game, with or without clan bonus.

i did abit of testing awhile back and i thing its every 7500 or close to it

so 30k = 4 keys, 60k +8keys ect ect (or close to it)

Fuzzy
03-09-2015, 01:57 PM

http://www.defiancedata.com/score.php
Those calculations may change with Alcatraz (as Woot Loot will get removed)

Maack
03-09-2015, 04:38 PM
I like K-TAM Power for keys.
Smaller than Snipers Ridge with more or less the same enemies and no cut scene.
I personally don't like Bug Basin because of the enemies although it is nice and small.

Xaat Xuun
03-09-2015, 05:06 PM
I get 2-3 keys per PvP match, I never caught that till I saw the message one day, keys Maxed . . I was like . . "wait I can get keys from PvP ?"
Wonder how many keys I would get if I wasn't so bad at PvP, . . my score rarely see's 4 digits

bigbri2k5
03-09-2015, 05:27 PM
I get 2-3 keys per PvP match, I never caught that till I saw the message one day, keys Maxed . . I was like . . "wait I can get keys from PvP ?"
Wonder how many keys I would get if I wasn't so bad at PvP, . . my score rarely see's 4 digits
I've gotten 20/25 kills in a deathmatch and gotten 1 key for it. The most I've seen is either 4 or 5. I'm really hoping when the rewards are changed to be based on performance that PVP gets the same treatment.

As for key farming. I tried bug basin earlier and found it much quicker. Use a grenade launcher and watch where the 2 big groups of mobs spawn when you do the objectives and you can blast them all in one go.

r1p
03-09-2015, 05:29 PM
http://www.defiancedata.com/score.php
Those calculations may change with Alcatraz (as Woot Loot will get removed)

Thanks Fuzzy! I searched DD earlier but I guess used the wrong key words.

Xaat Xuun
03-09-2015, 09:30 PM
I've gotten 20/25 kills in a deathmatch and gotten 1 key for it. The most I've seen is either 4 or 5. I'm really hoping when the rewards are changed to be based on performance that PVP gets the same treatment.

As for key farming. I tried bug basin earlier and found it much quicker. Use a grenade launcher and watch where the 2 big groups of mobs spawn when you do the objectives and you can blast them all in one go.
I've (just after the post I made) received 2 keys just with a 1/1, may have something to do with a win or loss.
I don't think it would have anything with weapons used, I don't use any of the easy killing weapons, (explosive types, Though I should I'm that bad)
I find that interesting I can get more keys then you, with possibly lower score, My score may average 300-600

Claydough
03-10-2015, 12:37 AM

Based on performance? You died 5 more times than you killed lol

Fisherman Joe
03-10-2015, 01:46 AM
If you get 2 keys for bug basin or sniper's ridge or any of those types and you want 64 keys thats 32 times for a t4 box. My head would explode in boredom. I just hit every arkfall, seige and incursion I see. That way you've got some variety at least.

Xaat Xuun
03-10-2015, 05:29 AM

ahh you may have something there, the ratio of kills verses deaths

once I got 2 keys, with 0/0, logged in just to lose too, I mean just as I spawned, the match was over

SilverWF
03-10-2015, 07:03 AM
32 times for a t4 box. My head would explode in boredom.

This.
(10 characters)

bigbri2k5
03-10-2015, 07:18 AM

I meant I got 20 out of 25 of our teams kills, not that I got 20 kills and 25 deaths lol

Claydough
03-10-2015, 09:54 AM
I meant I got 20 out of 25 of our teams kills, not that I got 20 kills and 25 deaths lol

Oh that makes more sence as that is a terrible score, but still better than my entire team scoring 3 kills between them and dieing 15+ times each lol!

Tex_Arcana
03-10-2015, 09:59 AM
I play the game.
It gives me a box a day without any effort, and more if I am so inclined.
/thread

WhiteStrike
03-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Oh that makes more sence as that is a terrible score, but still better than my entire team scoring 3 kills between them and dieing 15+ times each lol!

Same here.They should add a ranked PvP(after they've fixed it).It gets annoying that I go 42/3 while the rest of the team is negative.