PDA

View Full Version : Infectors are broken?

SilverWF
03-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Heya!
What is happened with infectors/Invaders and any another bug spawn sources?
Last I remember from summer'14: bugs dealt really huge damage
But now they deal big damage only at the moment of spawn
And bugs by themselves dealing really miserable damage

Just tested purple 5900 VOT Infector at mutants in the Mount Tam with zero threat level
DOT damage: 50-60 this is OK, because it is not Canker
Spawn damage: 8k-10k this is OK too
Bug damage: 700-750 WTF?

This is affected on bug grenade too - her bugs can be freely ignored now.

Question: working as intended?

Chris Robet
03-09-2015, 07:40 PM
Just tested purple 5900 VOT Infector at mutants in the Mount Tam with zero threat level

How do you get 0 threat level?

Tura Satana
03-09-2015, 07:59 PM
How do you get 0 threat level?

Haha they probably mean when it doesn't show any.. which I think is actually just TL1.

Chris Robet
03-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Haha they probably mean when it doesn't show any.. which I think is actually just TL1.

But if he was using a 5900 ego weapon that means he is 5900 ego which means he would have threat level 3 in Mt. Tam.

SilverWF
03-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Sometimes it doesn't shown and I don't know why.
The question was not about TL.

Tura Satana
03-09-2015, 08:09 PM

No, but now I have one. So when threat level doesn't show.. cuz there are areas when it doesn't.. is it at a set level or does it still scale to your ego?

SilverWF
03-09-2015, 08:15 PM
No, but now I have one. So when threat level doesn't show.. cuz there are areas when it doesn't.. is it at a set level or does it still scale to your ego?

Go away, please.

Tura Satana
03-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Go away, please.

Well if threat level is irrelevant, than why post it to begin with?

Graywolfe
03-09-2015, 08:24 PM

But the threat level can affect your damage output so it is important to know exactly what it is.

Tura Satana
03-09-2015, 08:43 PM
But the threat level can affect your damage output so it is important to know exactly what it is.

Thank you.

SirServed
03-09-2015, 08:51 PM
Heya!
What is happened with infectors/Invaders and any another bug spawn sources?
Last I remember from summer'14: bugs dealt really huge damage
But now they deal big damage only at the moment of spawn
And bugs by themselves dealing really miserable damage

DOT damage: 50-60 this is OK, because it is not Canker
Spawn damage: 8k-10k this is OK too
Bug damage: 700-750 WTF?

This is affected on bug grenade too - her bugs can be freely ignored now.

Question: working as intended?
Parasite damage has been broken since the New Frontier Harvest event started in November, welcome to the club. The powers that be are aware of the issue in question and have been trying to locate and resolve it. This is why I haven't been able to trade or sell my Leaping Lord stash. :(

Mister Derpenhowser
03-09-2015, 08:57 PM
I'm pretty sure everything that can be broken is/was or will be broken in a matter of time.. lol. This games buggier than bf3.. but not as much as morrowind... daaaym, that was a buggy *** game, still chewed over 1000hrs of my lifespan though.

SaikoTeek
03-10-2015, 03:19 AM
I don't know if they were adjusted, but others have mentioned this and from my own experiences in the Tam area, have found they don't do much recently. I still have 6 levels to knock out on one for the pursuit, so it's going to be slow and tedious.

As far as TL in Tam, it FEELS like there are only 2 spots where it goes up. The "Blood of Heroes" site and across the road in the grass at the other fighting area. I'll check the numbers later, but there were definite shifts in difficulty (noobs shouldn't be fighting 3 Incinerators that are capable of killing me) from the other spots that felt fixed to noob levels, where I could stand still in the middle of fire fights and barely take damage. (I like watching level 20 egos attack things close up.)

SilverWF
03-10-2015, 04:05 AM
Stop talking about this damn threat level here!
If you want this - create separate thread and discuss it.

THIS THREAD ABOUT BUG DAMAGE!

Claydough
03-10-2015, 05:38 AM
The thread is finished though

Chris Robet
03-10-2015, 05:39 AM
Stop talking about this damn threat level here!
If you want this - create separate thread and discuss it.

THIS THREAD ABOUT BUG DAMAGE!

Bug damage glitches may behave differently throughout different threat levels so it is important to be precise about them.

edispilfnairb
03-10-2015, 06:16 AM
Bug damage glitches may behave differently throughout different threat levels so it is important to be precise about them.

The threat level does not matter. This issue is old and the devs have said they are aware and are working on a fix. Hopefully there will be a fix with the release of Alcatraz seeing that the enemies bugs work just fine on PTS.

SilverWF
03-10-2015, 07:01 AM
Hopefully there will be a fix with the release of Alcatraz seeing that the enemies bugs work just fine on PTS.

Ah, ok, great news