PDA

View Full Version : Are you superstitious?

ButtTheRipper
03-11-2015, 12:54 PM
Do you have a favorite spot to buy lockboxes from? IDR, overpass, muir, some place else? Any success from RNGesus? Just curious.

stefb42
03-11-2015, 01:05 PM
On EU I buy all my lockboxes from shondus consulate, and on NA I buy all my boxes from the fork, don't ask why but I wont get boxes from anywhere else, had a fair bit of luck with the rng, but I have been playing close to 2 years now

Leummas
03-11-2015, 01:57 PM
I've gotten quite a few OJ's from the Muir Lockbox. But then again, I've gotten more junk from it also. I wouldn't say it is my favorite spot, but I seem to have better luck there then most places. Coincidence? Maybe. Yet, no, I wouldn't say I am superstitious. Up, it's 3:36pm and 12 seconds, better hurry and buy a T4! ;)

Bonehead
03-11-2015, 02:13 PM
Nope. I just buy 'em wherever I happen to be when I hit 64 keys.

Belle Starr
03-11-2015, 02:28 PM
I always bought for my main character (Belle) at the Earth Republic Camp, and had good luck getting OJs there. My two other characters(Lady and Erika) go wherever, and I don't think they get as good a haul as Belle does (more convenient though), but I think OJs were also easier to get from lockboxes back when I started Belle a year ago, so IDK which is best! Still superstitious for Belle, so she follows her tradition when she has enough keys! :)

FedBox
03-11-2015, 02:30 PM
always the same routine, as soon as i have 60 - 64 key codes i go to ERC, run quick 2 Sniper Ridges and open up a elite box @ ERC, got me 2 Guardian Angles so far and a bunch of decent to good OJs

Tex_Arcana
03-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Straight to Muir every time pretty much.
Just got the Angel on my alt today.
Cataclysm, Reckoning, Enervator, and now an Angel.
RNG Gods have been somewhat kind.

Chris Robet
03-11-2015, 03:26 PM
I always go to Overpass but I have little luck.

ButtTheRipper
03-11-2015, 03:35 PM
This is interesting. I usually open at bug n' chug or overpass for some reason. RNGesus has not been too kind... lots of rocket launcher, pounders, and bmgs. However right after my OP, which was inspired by my about to be opening a lockbox at one of those locations, I got a sword which is useless because I have 4 now and I can't give away. I think I might change to teleporting somewhere and then running really fast.. doing a dive right before I get to the vendor and then bam buy the lockbox:D... if I don't get oj on the first try back to overpass and bug n' chug. None of those locations are real... I won't disclose where I buy my lockboxes;)

Chris Robet
03-11-2015, 03:41 PM
I also try at the lockbox that's hidden away to the west of last chance.

sicxz
03-11-2015, 03:47 PM
Bloodbath and Water Temple are where I usually buy mine!

Graywolfe
03-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Usually Muir or Topnotch as they are where i have gotten my best pulls. I will go try others sometimes after I have had a run of bad luck but always end up back there. I prefer the 7th legion at overpass the most though as i have gotten nothing but great pulls from them.

Major Crapshot
03-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Superstitious? No, but I do tend to favor the lockbox and VBI supply crate at Shondu's.

RNGesus has been kind-ish to me there with the VBI crate and OJs and some good Epics. No OJ grenades yet.
:fingers crossed:

Ryu Soba JP
03-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Funny that this was brought up. I have a few friends that RNG favors beyond comprehension. They are certain they have found a lockbox location that they are almost always guarenteed legendary and even Jackpots (several from the last jackpot and more than a few this run). Each friend has their own location it seems and I have tried all of them. I've never obtained Legendary Grenades from a lockbox ever and I've only recieved 1 jackpot since I started playing defiance last year.

It is rather discouraging to play long hours and only get blue and purple gear from Lockboxes when they play just as long and obtain 4x the legendary drops.

TheStigsCousin
03-11-2015, 08:07 PM
I usually just buy them where ever I am when I notice I have the keys. Lately though, I've been getting really good pulls from The Fork. Two oj's in one box the other night, including oj frags. This is on PC.
I was just saying in another thread how much nicer the rng has been to me on PC versus Xbox.

Major Crapshot
03-11-2015, 08:47 PM
***snip***

It is rather discouraging to play long hours and only get blue and purple gear from Lockboxes when they play just as long and obtain 4x the legendary drops.

Since I'm still leveling (4525 as of this post), I find that I would much rather pull a good Epic anything rather than an OJ. They are so much cheaper to maintain.

Wouldn't mind at least 1 OJ grenade though. Ugh.

Teddycrusher
03-11-2015, 08:54 PM
i think my favorite places would be bloodbath topnotch fork and overpass i just got a guardian angel!! from topnotch lockbox maybe you folks should try it out ik its purely RNG but what you dont shoot will never hit :)

Adage
03-11-2015, 08:59 PM
No, I'm not superstitious.

But I'm taking notes.

Teddycrusher
03-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Thats a wise move my friend

Telemachus
03-12-2015, 03:02 AM
For awhile I had gotten a orange every other tier 4 lockbox, if I used the one in the camp in the south of SV.

That stopped paying out for me a few months ago. So now hmm... I guess it's wherever I happen to feel the need. Like a dog or a bird , just goes, and the results from the action are similar too.

bigbri2k5
03-12-2015, 07:37 AM
I don't have a favourite spot. But I have noticed since I got patron status from redeeming a game code that I'm getting more OJs. In the last few days I've gotten a Guardian Angel + 3 other OJ shields. 2 OJ Couriers and 2 OJ detonators

final rest
03-13-2015, 03:23 PM
i think certain lockboxes have better rng weekly/daily. when i get an oj i always buy from the same place and usually have good luck. i keep trying differant boxes til one has good loot then keep doing that same lockbox til loot turns bad. im pretty convinced this is how it works numbers dont lie

CowdBlud
03-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Superstitious = the belief that inconsequential actions have an effect on the universe.
Errr no. Not me.
Weather or not game dynamics give higher likelihood of getting better loot from certain locations is another matter. But that would be a hard coded thing. I'm sure its just a matter of chance.