PDA

View Full Version : Arkforge--what's a normal amount?

Mrdr
03-13-2015, 02:30 PM
For someone around 1100 ego who has never purchased any and hasn't used any (that I'm aware of)? I've participated almost entirely in arkfalls and incursions and did a few of the main missions and some side quests.

Thanks to all.

JOCCO5150
03-13-2015, 02:43 PM
What is your actual question?

Bonehead
03-13-2015, 02:45 PM
Just going by feel here but about a few hunit thousand to a million would be about right I think depending on how much play time and events you hit.

JOCCO5150
03-13-2015, 02:48 PM
Just going by feel here but about a few hunit thousand to a million would be about right I think depending on how much play time and events you hit.
That would be nice

JOCCO5150
03-13-2015, 02:51 PM
If you are wondering how much af you should have, there are a lot of things that would affect this. Like do you have dlc? How much do you score in events? Do you do co ops?

Bonehead
03-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Okay just checked "Sylvia's Mother". One of many toons on PC/NA.

This toon has two hunnit fitee grand. EGO 1175

Adage
03-13-2015, 03:05 PM
I believe you're thinking of ark salvage Bonehead.

A normal amount of af for 1175 ego might be around 50 depending on how many events you've done. It's entirely possible to not have any at all if you just pursue the storyline missions also, since arkforge is only given out over a certain score threshold.

Mrdr
03-13-2015, 03:33 PM
Thanks all.

To answer some questions I have no dlc (yet) and 90% of my time has been on arkfalls and incursions. Until very recently I've been scoring in the bottom almost all the time but lately I'm usually top 25-50%. I've come out on top a few times but usually when less than 15 people are involved. I've done 1 co-op so far. I've got almost half a million in salvage lol but that doesn't get me anything. Most of my slots are filled with blue and orange guns/shields. Gave lots of purples away to lower ego players who had worse gear since my slots are always full. Now I'm getting more blues but at much higher ego than when I got the purples. Don't know if any of that matters or not but who knows...I'm still trying to figure it all out. :)

JOCCO5150
03-13-2015, 03:54 PM
I believe if you don't score at least 25k in an event then you get no af

Chris Robet
03-13-2015, 03:57 PM

Except in the warmaster where key and arkforge amounts are switched.

Mrdr
03-13-2015, 04:07 PM

Didn't know that but yeah I'm usually over 25k. Unless im trying a new weapon during an event (which is rare) then im usually getting forge. Just not tons of it. Curious to know if I'm on track or not with what I have at my ego. And it looks like it so far.

Thanks everyone.

Adage
03-13-2015, 04:09 PM
Short of having someone who is 5k+ ego drop you into an expert coop queue, doing those big events is the best thing you can do to earn arkforge. The amount you earn in each event is based on score: you earn your first arkforge at 22.5k and then one more for every additional 12.5k. As you increase in ego and your weapons get more powerful it will become a lot easier to get higher scores and the rate at which you earn arkforge from events will go way up. If you're trying to consciously boost your score, try focusing fire on the targets your teammates are shooting as you get a teamwork score if multiple people shoot the same enemy. Also, use your powers when killing big enemies and shoot enemies that are under a nano-effect. Mostly though, your score will get higher as your ego does and as you shoot more stuff in the face.

Mrdr
03-13-2015, 04:15 PM
Short of having someone who is 5k+ ego drop you into an expert coop queue, doing those big events is the best thing you can do to earn arkforge. The amount you earn in each event is based on score: you earn your first arkforge at 22.5k and then one more for every additional 12.5k. As you increase in ego and your weapons get more powerful it will become a lot easier to get higher scores and the rate at which you earn arkforge from events will go way up. If you're trying to consciously boost your score, try focusing fire on the targets your teammates are shooting as you get a teamwork score if multiple people shoot the same enemy. Also, use your powers when killing big enemies and shoot enemies that are under a nano-effect. Mostly though, your score will get higher as your ego does and as you shoot more stuff in the face.
Thanks for the tips! Those numbers make sense. I'm usually in the 40-60k range at events but have scored less than 25k recently while trying out my sharpshooting skills in an arkfall--bad idea if you want higher scores. I realized I prefer my fast firing weapons with my bigger crit pistols as sidearms for those. You get much bigger scores than sniping. LOL

Bonehead
03-13-2015, 05:27 PM
I believe you're thinking of ark salvage Bonehead.

A normal amount of af for 1175 ego might be around 50 depending on how many events you've done. It's entirely possible to not have any at all if you just pursue the storyline missions also, since arkforge is only given out over a certain score threshold.

OMG yes I was.