PDA

View Full Version : Hotkey for voice chat?

AngersRevenge
04-05-2013, 02:42 AM
Is there a hotkey for voice chat? I can't find hardly any information for voice chat anywhere. If there isn't then can someone explain how it works. I have heard other people use voice chat and asked in typing chat but with how short the chat window stays open I doubt anyone saw it. Thanks in advance.

Mcdragon
04-05-2013, 02:43 AM
how about looking at your config in game and figuring it out

Komakala
04-05-2013, 02:46 AM
Voice chat is a bit wonky right now. If you have a mic plugged in and not muted you are always transmitting anything your mic may pick up. This is heard by group members and clan members. Currently there is NOT a push to talk option. If you are bothered by all the noise that other people are making there is a temporary fix.

Go to settings, Audio, and about halfway down the page is a Voice option, flip it to off. If voice is turned off you will not transmit voice to others and you will not receive voice from others. In addition, some people are experiencing some issues where disabling voice also hides text chat in those channels. Devs have announced that they are working on the voice issues, but they have not given an estimated time of completion.

pct3ch1
04-05-2013, 02:54 AM
There is option in settings for voice chat for ON/OFF which is ON by default.

While you are in a group they will be able to hear you. As long they got the voice chat option turned ON as well. There is no option for 'press to talk' as I know of using the in game voice chat.

AngersRevenge
04-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Mcdragon: I did there was no hotkey for it.

Komakala: Thought it might be a sound recognition type of thing. Just wasn't sure. Thanks for the quick reply. I feel the game would benifit a lot more if it had push to talk and a proximity chat for if your not in a group, such as in Arkfalls. It would put a little more socializing in the game. But what can you do.

Dinova
04-05-2013, 03:24 AM
Thats the big difference between console and PC, console voicechat in most cases has a great voice-activated control (provided you have a decent/genuine headset), that in many games voicechat for consoles (provided server works) works like a charm.

PC however, got so freaking many configurations of soundcards, settings and headsets, it either be a 'heavy breather' or a 'CAN YOU HEAR ME!?!?!?' issue. Every game i played on PC that has ingame voicesupport was crap, didnt work, was transmitting all the time, was laggy as crap etc etc. Vent/TS and alike are the great solutions for PC, however thats not very handy in a MMO based game where you meet random people all the time unlike MMO's you have a raid with 30 static people.

Years ago i was hoping they finaly made a addon for Vent/TS to work ingame, just like now Skype is in some new Windows Live games. So developers dont have to rely on their own software/coding, but can easily implement a TS/Vent driven system where people auto sign in and based on their location will be put in prox/team chat.