PDA

View Full Version : question and suggestion about ark salvage...

ukz finest mk
03-15-2015, 02:30 PM
I remember a time when it cost 1,000 ark salvage and 0 scrip for one keycode.

My question is why was this changed?
What made them think the sudden price change was a good idea?

My suggestion is that we go back to how it was, even if it changes to 10k salvage per keycode, just please remove the scrip cost!

Also to make my idea more practical, reset EVERYONES ark salvage to 0 before doing so. I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would complain they have over 10million saved up and that's unfair.

But the question is what are these guys really saving it for? There's no way Trion would remove the scrip cost at the moment BECAUSE too many people have millions saved up. But reset everyone to zero and just start again. Majority of people I know if not all of them agree it would be better to start from nothing but be able to freely spend it for boxes then it is to have millions but no use for it.

Now I know some people will think you would then be able to hit too many boxes a day. But before the current change we could hit 5 to 10 T4 lock boxes a day. Theres such a low chance of Oranges dropping and so many in boxes that ain't worth anything that it wouldn't even make a huge difference.

It could also drastically help to lower prices on a lot of the much rarer shields and guns.

What's everyones opinion on this?
Would you agree to reset salvage to zero if it went back to how it was before?

Adage
03-15-2015, 02:35 PM
That would be like giving players 10-20x more oj weapons. It would be the equivalent of raising the chance of getting an oj in a lockbox from 6% to 60-100% as they are now. Don't you think that's a little bit over the top? It's the whole reason they changed it in the first place I imagine.

ukz finest mk
03-15-2015, 02:53 PM
That would be like giving players 10-20x more oj weapons. It would be the equivalent of raising the chance of getting an oj in a lockbox from 6% to 60-100% as they are now. Don't you think that's a little bit over the top? It's the whole reason they changed it in the first place I imagine.

There has never been a time on this game where T4 Lock boxes dropped oranges frequently. Sieges, monos and WM have but never seen it on T4 boxes.

Even with key farming arkfalls ect I'm lucky if I hit 10 boxes a week and pull more then 2 or 3 oranges a week. The current drop is dreadful and salvage ia useless.

WhiteStrike
03-15-2015, 02:57 PM
I remember a time when it cost 1,000 ark salvage and 0 scrip for one keycode.

My question is why was this changed?
What made them think the sudden price change was a good idea?

My suggestion is that we go back to how it was, even if it changes to 10k salvage per keycode, just please remove the scrip cost!

Also to make my idea more practical, reset EVERYONES ark salvage to 0 before doing so. I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would complain they have over 10million saved up and that's unfair.

But the question is what are these guys really saving it for? There's no way Trion would remove the scrip cost at the moment BECAUSE too many people have millions saved up. But reset everyone to zero and just start again. Majority of people I know if not all of them agree it would be better to start from nothing but be able to freely spend it for boxes then it is to have millions but no use for it.

Now I know some people will think you would then be able to hit too many boxes a day. But before the current change we could hit 5 to 10 T4 lock boxes a day. Theres such a low chance of Oranges dropping and so many in boxes that ain't worth anything that it wouldn't even make a huge difference.

It could also drastically help to lower prices on a lot of the much rarer shields and guns.

What's everyones opinion on this?
Would you agree to reset salvage to zero if it went back to how it was before?

Reseting ark salvage for everyone...Why the ark salvage comunism?

ukz finest mk
03-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Reseting ark salvage for everyone...Why the ark salvage comunism?

I'm talking about a patch to remove scrip cost of buying keys with salvage and in turn reset EVERYONE to zero so people with millions of salvage don't just spam boxes instantly.

YahootsMagoondi
03-15-2015, 03:24 PM
the problem with any idea like this is that you are forgetting the number one goal of trion as a company...make money. making things easier to acquire in game keeps people away from the bit store. all these currency changes and score/drop rate nerfs were instituted as they prepared to transition to ftp. now, we could argue all day about the meaning of "microtransaction" and the value of any boxes available for bits due to the dismal rng, but the fact is this...

if they weren't making money from the items in the store as priced, then they would change the prices.

just jump over to any of the trade forums and you'll find new rolled versions of all the event weapons that are only available from the bits store. I myself am guilty of dropping some bits on hellfire crates since thos named guns are so crazy right now on xbox na.

I would love to see several things changed, from mod hoards for specific weapon types in mod vendors for arksalvage to increased keycode/forge drops from events or lower priced conversion rates, but those days are not coming.

tl/dr...the game as it is now is driven by the need to make money in the bits store. nothing that keeps people from opening their wallets is going to be changed. and just because you don't spend money on bits doesn't mean nobody else is.

stefb42
03-15-2015, 03:34 PM
People who are going to drop cash on boxes will do so regardless of keycode prices, people who aren't going to drop cash on boxes wont regardless of keycode prices, and its not like he's suggesting the return of 2 keycodes for 1000 salvage, simply removing scrip costs would be adequate, you'd still need 640,000 salvage for 1 box, even those with millions saved would soon burn it up

Adage
03-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Ahh 10k salvage per keycode, I read that as per lockbox. I think that would work actually, although you're right the salvage amount of everyone would have to be reset due to the fact that there has been no use for it for so long. That alone is probably a barrier that would prohibit the implementation.

Bentu
03-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Not sure how much ark salvage I have across 6 characters but I'll be damned if I am going to sit back quietly while it's just wiped away.
If something comes up and I get a way to spend it then I think I've put the time in to get a little something out of it.

SirServed
03-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Not sure how much ark salvage I have across 6 characters but I'll be damned if I am going to sit back quietly while it's just wiped away.
If something comes up and I get a way to spend it then I think I've put the time in to get a little something out of it.
The problem for a certain percentage of players is that the only thing worth getting out of a T4 Lock Box is the Jackpot item. Everything else that drops is going to be broken down, sold, or traded. I recently burned off 3 million salvage (costing me 1.5 million in scrip) and didn't even get anything useful out of it. It was a waste of resources all around but it was a few minutes less of being bored out of my mind with the game.

I would guess that raising the monetary price for the keycode conversion intended to be a scrip sink to counter the exponential increase in the player base and scrip in the game's economy. At the same time, the amount of money in each existing player's inventory did not, so increasing the cost tenfold came across as shady at best.

Bentu
03-15-2015, 04:35 PM

I can honestly say that I haven't pulled anything of worth from a t4 let alone a jackpot item. Any little gems I do have been bought/traded for or upgraded.
The lock boxes imo are crap and the loot in it is of the same ilk.
I bought a BH lock box from the bits store today, one blue ar and a mixture of t2 purge mods for a mixture of weapons none of which was an ar mod.

I love this game but I'm fed up with being ripped off.

I'm not saying that i deserve an oj because I spent money in store but I am saying that I want it to be of use.

SirServed
03-15-2015, 05:08 PM
I can honestly say that I haven't pulled anything of worth from a t4 let alone a jackpot item. Any little gems I do have been bought/traded for or upgraded.
The lock boxes imo are crap and the loot in it is of the same ilk.
I bought a BH lock box from the bits store today, one blue ar and a mixture of t2 purge mods for a mixture of weapons none of which was an ar mod.

I love this game but I'm fed up with being ripped off.

I'm not saying that i deserve an oj because I spent money in store but I am saying that I want it to be of use.
Damn straight! It's sad that regardless of how good a Blue quality item comes out, its potential is capped at a trip to the vendor or ark salvage. When they announced the one Rarity Upgrade limitation for Encryption, common sense told me that Unencryptors would be popping up in the Bit store. I'm still surprised to see that those nor a token similar to Rex from Rift don't exist yet.

My first no moment was the thought that Unencryptors would be no different than buying Legendary items, but players can already do that. Lock Boxes that guarantee at least an Epic and the option to buy 500 Arkforge from the store give players the power to manufacture Legendary items to no end. All this company needs to do is give players the opportunity to pay them to make Legendary items from the lowest rarity again.

There are far too many currencies in the game for only 1 of them to be directly tradable. Allowing the equivalent of Rex would give players that have real money but can't earn scrip a means of getting some and those that can't afford to spend real money on Bits a means of getting them. Since there's no gifting, mail, or auction system, the game wouldn't be targeted by farmers. They would have to be able to earn enough scrip to reliably purchase these items from other players, then sell them cheap enough to undercut what the company would sell them for and manage to turn a profit. Simply getting started in such a business would take a massive investment of resources to no real guarantee of profit for farmers.