PDA

View Full Version : Synergy Bonus of Main- and Second-hand weapons ?

FedBox
03-16-2015, 05:33 PM
Hi Community,

with the alcatraz update on the horizon, i decided to dig more into my weapons to see which synergies would (on paper) make the most sense to combine.
This was leading to a question, in game could no one answer. And i hope someone on the forum may know the answer.

here is the situation: Loadout 1 has Gun X with Synergy X equipped, in my second slot i have Gun Y with synergy Y, now if i have Synergy X and Y in my loadout 1 do these synergies stack, or is only the synergy of the gun which i currently use in game active? example if i use gun X only synergy X effects me, if i switch to Gun Y synergy X will be replaced for synergy Y

hope what i tried to explain makes sense, since english is not my first language.
thank for the answers.

cheers

ShatterST4R
03-16-2015, 05:38 PM
Those are backpack synergies I believe you are referring to. You need one of each gun equipped in said loadout for the synergy to work.

So you would need two X or two Y synergy weapons on both load out slots equipped.

JOCCO5150
03-16-2015, 05:42 PM
If it is a back pack synergy then you need gun x and y to have x synergy if it is not back pack synergy then x synergy only works when using x gun and same with y gun

Mrdr
03-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Hi Community,

with the alcatraz update on the horizon, i decided to dig more into my weapons to see which synergies would (on paper) make the most sense to combine.
This was leading to a question, in game could no one answer. And i hope someone on the forum may know the answer.

here is the situation: Loadout 1 has Gun X with Synergy X equipped, in my second slot i have Gun Y with synergy Y, now if i have Synergy X and Y in my loadout 1 do these synergies stack, or is only the synergy of the gun which i currently use in game active? example if i use gun X only synergy X effects me, if i switch to Gun Y synergy X will be replaced for synergy Y

hope what i tried to explain makes sense, since english is not my first language.
thank for the answers.

cheers

From my understanding you are correct. If you have gun 1 as synergy X and gun 2 with synergy Y then only the synergy you have armed will apply. For instance if you're using gun 1 then you do not stack synergy X & Y--you only get synergy X.

However, some synergies (can't think of the names right now) only apply when you have two of the same synergy in a single load out.

I had a much longer post here but rather than get more confusing I thought it would be better to give you this link as it helped me to understand them better. Hope it helps you too:

http://www.defiancedata.com/synergies.php

Ray8888
03-16-2015, 08:31 PM
If you click on that link Mrdr posted above you will see both kinds of synergies.

The ones that say MODS in the type field require matching Mods on the weapons slots to unlock them. So if you have an Assassin weapon and two assassin mods on it you unlock +2% Crit Mult and +4% Crit Mult. You dont get the other two until you find the other two mods to attach. You only get the bonus of the one you are actively using.

The ones that say Weapons (or weapons and sheild) in the type field require that you have another weapon with the same synergy type to unlock it. So if you have two Machinist weapons and you put them in the same loadout you unlock 5% less damage while reloading. If one of your weapons only has a bonus that has a 2 next to it you have a Backpack synergy.

captainvideo
03-17-2015, 03:02 AM
a few of what defiance data lists as 'weapons and shield' synergies only require 1 item to activate. These are the 'new' syn's like Firewall/wetwork. I believe you could use one of these items in an offhand slot (or shield) and get the combined effect with whatever active syn you have on your main weapon.

Logain
03-17-2015, 07:41 AM
a few of what defiance data lists as 'weapons and shield' synergies only require 1 item to activate. These are the 'new' syn's like Firewall/wetwork. I believe you could use one of these items in an offhand slot (or shield) and get the combined effect with whatever active syn you have on your main weapon.

Yes that is true.

Does anyone know if this also works for the Saturnalia Synergy? Especially [2] and [3] (Increases health by 5%, and Increases damage by 5% respectively) work for both guns? Do you get the health bonus if you have one equipped?

I guess this would also go for the Chimera synergy? ([1] Increase health by 5%, [2] Increase health by 10%.) Does this only apply when you have said gun in hand?

Ray8888
03-17-2015, 08:17 AM
It's not supposed to IIRC. But I think the Saturn is a little glitchy. I have seen it pop in my off hand. Even weirder it was when I ran someone over in a vehicle. Wasn't even using a weapon.