PDA

View Full Version : Street Prices for OJ Guns are NOT THE PRICES FOR THOSE GUNS

XdestinySniper
03-16-2015, 06:59 PM
I hate to be honest, but you guys need to realize 1 thing and 1 thing only. Certain OJ weapons are cheaper than u think, They are not worth the mills u guys want to believe. I wont spend my time and name the guns that are worth a decent price, but what i can tell u guys is that you guys are getting ripped off. Ripped off by the people who think they know more about the game than u do. Believe me when the game started its beta phase, people thought the guns were worth so much in scrip, but i gotta say your being blinded by the truth. I know that every1 is saying Holiday guns are worth more because you can only obtain the weapons by going through the holiday arkfalls. If these guns are worth so much in scrip, then i want proof and a webpage to confirm that these oj weapons are worth the price that you people think there worth. Otherwise im going to say and confirm that certain oj weapons in prices are scams, and the people that are selling them, are scammers and cheaters. I honestly dont want to post that people are scammers and cheaters, of how they obtained the guns to begin with, but what i will say is, whoever started this thread that these guns are worth so much in scrip, then i want proof for myself, and you cannot say its what the forum page says cause its probably the same people who started this whole thing. well anyways i wanted to state that im sick and tired of guns being worth more than their actual value. please comment and post on what u think the guns are worth. Like i said i wont name any guns or anything, but im sure u guys know what im talking about and the guns should be back to their original value.

SirServed
03-16-2015, 07:04 PM
I hate to be honest, but you guys need to realize 1 thing and 1 thing only. Certain OJ weapons are cheaper than u think, They are not worth the mills u guys want to believe. I wont spend my time and name the guns that are worth a decent price, but what i can tell u guys is that you guys are getting ripped off. Ripped off by the people who think they know more about the game than u do. Believe me when the game started its beta phase, people thought the guns were worth so much in scrip, but i gotta say your being blinded by the truth. I know that every1 is saying Holiday guns are worth more because you can only obtain the weapons by going through the holiday arkfalls. If these guns are worth so much in scrip, then i want proof and a webpage to confirm that these oj weapons are worth the price that you people think there worth. Otherwise im going to say and confirm that certain oj weapons in prices are scams, and the people that are selling them, are scammers and cheaters. I honestly dont want to post that people are scammers and cheaters, of how they obtained the guns to begin with, but what i will say is, whoever started this thread that these guns are worth so much in scrip, then i want proof for myself, and you cannot say its what the forum page says cause its probably the same people who started this whole thing. well anyways i wanted to state that im sick and tired of guns being worth more than their actual value. please comment and post on what u think the guns are worth. Like i said i wont name any guns or anything, but im sure u guys know what im talking about and the guns should be back to their original value.
First things first, before you can say they aren't worth what others say they are, Do you even Dux? (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnXL7ZLMuESFdF9vS0FTaWJyUjRTa2VzVWE2OU5Nc EE&usp=sharing#gid=4) Numbers don't lie and people without numbers to support them try. File -> Make a Copy. Put the numbers for your weapons in there and then put the numbers of other weapons in there.

satirized
03-16-2015, 07:10 PM
What is this non-sense? People pay what things are worth. I just paid 3m for a high cap saturnalia t4 mod because I can and I feel its well worth 3m to me. I feel like I got a GOOD deal instead of being ripped off.

When you have over 25m scrip that you dont know what to do with, you stop caring about scrip prices.

Prices are only ridiculous only you cant afford them.

Clarky
03-16-2015, 07:12 PM
What is this non-sense? People pay what things are worth. I just paid 3m for a high cap saturnalia t4 mod because I can and I feel its well worth 3m to me. I feel like I got a GOOD deal instead of being ripped off.

When you have over 25m scrip that you dont know what to do with, you stop caring about scrip prices.

Prices are only ridiculous only you cant afford them.

True #richlyfe

ShatterST4R
03-16-2015, 07:20 PM
Point is, if you knew or learned or eve. traded often on whatever version you play, house know the current economy. I have no problem paying 3M+ for nice things.

XdestinySniper
03-16-2015, 07:23 PM
my point is you rely on a spreadsheet, if u have played the game for as long as i did u would know prices are based on your prices not a spreadsheet

satirized
03-16-2015, 07:24 PM
my point is you rely on a spreadsheet, if u have played the game for as long as i did u would know prices are based on your prices not a spreadsheet

You know that spreadsheet is a DPS calculator not weapon pricing right?

Fallen_Aingeal
03-16-2015, 07:25 PM
I hate to be honest, but you guys need to realize 1 thing and 1 thing only. Certain OJ weapons are cheaper than u think, They are not worth the mills u guys want to believe. You're absolutely correct. No gun in the game is worth that much......to you. And most of the time, me.

However. An economy is created by supply and demand. If ppl are willing to pay an exorbitant price for a weapon, then it is worth that to that player. This in turn dictates the flow of the economy.

I do agree that these guns aren't worth what a lot are selling them for. I also don't think a Ferrari is worth thousands of dollars. Do I think the sellers are cheats or that the buyers are being ripped off? No. They are making choices based off what THEY feel the item is worth.

I have a feeling that you're a bit bitter because ppl are asking for far more scrip for guns than you can afford.

It's okay, tiger/tigress, it'll get better.

Chump Norris
03-16-2015, 07:28 PM

What does this mean? If the price is based on my price then anything I sell (for any amount) is the right price.

XdestinySniper
03-16-2015, 07:30 PM
well the point is alot of people cant make scrip in the game, and then you got people who claimed they have made over 90m in scrip and to be honest with u. Ive been playing since the game came out and never in my day have i heard of people making over 90m in scrip or the prices of certain weapons.

Chris Robet
03-16-2015, 07:32 PM
well the point is alot of people cant make scrip in the game, and then you got people who claimed they have made over 90m in scrip and to be honest with u. Ive been playing since the game came out and never in my day have i heard of people making over 90m in scrip or the prices of certain weapons.

You must have left for a while because when free to play came out the prices shot through the roof.

YahootsMagoondi
03-16-2015, 07:34 PM
hey op...if you have the defiance blue book of gun values, then by all means, please share with us...

oh wait, the weapon card gives me the price. I guess I got a full t4, triple dmg hellfire tachmag for sale at 103,060 scrip.

besides, its fake video game money that comes in endless supplies. what am I being scammed of if I pay millions of fake money for a fake gun?

konstantinov
03-16-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm offering 10 mil for a 5k Rebel Regen V ARK on ps3 NA.

Atticus Batman
03-16-2015, 07:38 PM

So you have been here since April 2013? Well your forum date implies you have only been here since the f2p launch on PC in June 2014. So if you have only been here since June 2014, then you definitely do NOT know as much as you think you do. I don't know everything about the gear either, but taht is because I choose to just use what I like and don't care about what is considered best by the majority.

As for the prices, some can be high. However it is a player's market. So players decided on their prices. Simply put, you are not cheap because the prices are too high. You are cheap because you choose to be cheap. If you don't want to pay those prices then don't. However high prices don't make people cheats and scammers, it makes them great sellsmen, since they can set such high prices and still find buyers.

Do I pay over 500k for anything? No. Do I sell anything for over 2 mill? No. Do I have over 1 mill scrip regularly? No. However I find people that have something I want and want something I have and trade. For instance I know my purple EXL firewall syn Brief Candle shield (that I never use) can go for over 10 mill to certain buyers. However I hold onto it to help make it easier for me to get the item I want when I decide what that is.

Bonehead
03-16-2015, 07:42 PM
I gotta go with Reb and the whole supply and demand thing.

Any gun is always worth what you can get someone to pay for it.

Every time.

konstantinov
03-16-2015, 07:44 PM
If you're not very social and/or don't play often then yes you won't acquire much because it takes quite a bit of time to get to where you have a majority of the stuff you'd like. Defiance even has welfare during the events. Do 5 dailies and get a named OJ weapon. It's free and you can't complain you don't have the DLC or 75 keycode capacity.

Atticus Batman
03-16-2015, 07:48 PM
If you're not very social and/or don't play often then yes you won't acquire much because it takes quite a bit of time to get to where you have a majority of the stuff you'd like. Defiance even has welfare during the events. Do 5 dailies and get a named OJ weapon. It's free and you can't complain you don't have the DLC or 75 keycode capacity.

You could also join a clan if you want free or cheap hand outs. I give purples away to clanmates quite a bit and never sell an oj to a clanmate for more than 75k, no matter what oj it is, but then I am in a small clan so they are like a family. My experience with large clans is they expect you to pay for boosts regularlyor the right to be in the clan. My large clan experience could just be an Xbox thing. Or I have only dealt with the scumbag recruiters, that are operating under radar and so the Founder has no clue what they are up to.

Duke_Shambles
03-16-2015, 07:51 PM
If you can't round up a couple of million for the desirable, rare gun/item that you just absolutely must have, I don't care how long you've been playing, you're probably doing it wrong.

An object is only worth something if it someone is willing to pay that price for it. Otherwise the asking price is just that. Many of the people selling these weapons for extraordinary prices in zone are asking that high because the know they will have to negotiate down from asking. Also, many of the people selling in zone are asking that much to take advantage of the players that don't have the social networks in game to acquire such items for more reasonable prices. There are many friends I have in game that I will give a very different (much lower) price to than some random person Ive never dealt with before in zone. I do this because these players have proven to be a valuable resource in someway to me or I just plain like playing with them and want them to have what they need. To be fair, when I buy something from someone, I try to make a fair offer based on my relationship with that person. If I'd ask a random stranger in zone to pay 500k for a mod, that's what I will pay when the roles are reversed.

Major Crapshot
03-16-2015, 08:00 PM

http://img.pandawhale.com/49659-George-takei-oh-my-gif-stCy.gif

Festival
03-16-2015, 08:06 PM
http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/colorado-front-range/869242d1392242710-apex-flood-damage-photos-closure-continue-well-into-2014-ups-truck-accident-thread-delivers-hehyan_zps03f4c668.jpg

ravenze
03-16-2015, 09:09 PM
... you guys posting pics look like you've never seen a ****** try to argue...
Obviously the entitled little ***** wants his gun and he wants it now! He shouldn't have to work for it, or PLAY THE GAME enough to earn it. He NEEDS it! You all should just give him his gear, and if the Dev's could give him a god-mode-code too:

http://memecrunch.com/meme/1HVLH/that-would-be-great/image.png?w=400&c=1

Xaat Xuun
03-16-2015, 10:04 PM
The reply I was going to give . . well Reb gave it (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?207824-Street-Prices-for-OJ-Guns-are-NOT-THE-PRICES-FOR-THOSE-GUNS&p=1723302&viewfull=1#post1723302), so my next choice for a reply .. Well . . Bonehead beat me (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?207824-Street-Prices-for-OJ-Guns-are-NOT-THE-PRICES-FOR-THOSE-GUNS&p=1723354&viewfull=1#post1723354) to it

it's not the sellers, it's the buyers that keep prices that high.
***** about the buyers paying that much

scrip has no real value, just like the #1 on score board . . means nothing
Pesos are more valuable then Scrip
It's just Virtual money, and those that think having a lot of Virtual money is a good thing . . . or of any value . . well don't think it really matters what I think, still wouldn't change anything

N1ghtShadow
03-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Well, hell, man, if the prices of guns has you steamed, wait'll you get a load of this: I give away OJ's to my fellow clanmates like candy. Never ask for anything in return, just- "Here ya go, buddy. Have fun and go shoot stuff!" And if I offer a recently acquired OJ to the group and no one wants it, guess what? I scrip it. Yep! I just turn that thing into the nearest vendor without a second thought or care in the world.

Now... ask me if I give a damn.
(it's a trick question)

Shrimkins
03-16-2015, 10:21 PM
The reply I was going to give . . well Reb gave it (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?207824-Street-Prices-for-OJ-Guns-are-NOT-THE-PRICES-FOR-THOSE-GUNS&p=1723302&viewfull=1#post1723302), so my next choice for a reply .. Well . . Bonehead beat me (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?207824-Street-Prices-for-OJ-Guns-are-NOT-THE-PRICES-FOR-THOSE-GUNS&p=1723354&viewfull=1#post1723354) to it

it's not the sellers, it's the buyers that keep prices that high.
***** about the buyers paying that much

scrip has no real value, just like the #1 on score board . . means nothing
Pesos are more valuable then Scrip
It's just Virtue money, and those that think having a lot of Virtue money is a good thing . . . or of any value . . well don't think it really matters what I think, still wouldn't change anything

What? I can't comprehend that mess.

Regardless, items are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. end of story. I've been up, down, and around this debate 100 times in many different games. It is the way life is man get over it.

Ray8888
03-16-2015, 10:57 PM
This made me laugh out loud. Funny stuff

Yeah the "Sir" at the end did it for me.

Cyripax NeoPrime
03-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Everything else has been said. But its all about supply and demand and the prices of weapons change with the econony changes. There is NO "Set Price" for ANY items. Theyre worth what ppl are willing to pay. A seller can ask for whatever they want, doesnt mean any1 will pay it... but if someone who really wants that item and is searching for it and offers to pay millions, they will. Some players are only searching for 1 orb2 things left in the whole game and are willing to pay thier hoarded millions for them. Im not gunna tell em theyre getting ripped off because things are only worth what your willing to pay for them yourself.

They do raise the economy doing that, but things go back and forth. A seller can say oh this is worth 12mil because that 1 guy paid 12 mill for it back then..... but he could end up holding it forever. Or it could sell and that would mean the weaps ARE selling for that price. (Used 12mil as an example) id never pay that much for anything atm, but others have.

Im mad at the economy too man. Its like i can never afford anything great. But one day when i have the millions saved up, im sure id pay it for that perfect sweet spot on my radar.

There are some great ppl who go against the economy and give things out for free though. Ppl who understand its not always the money ;) i know myself, deety, tashinka, chris robet, and others have spread the wealth around when we had the chance.

But theres not much use arguing the economy. If you dont want to pay what theyre asking.... move on and hope they sit on it. You dont hang out in abercrombie or wetseal and tell all the ppl they are stupid for paying those prices, do ya? Lol

Adage
03-16-2015, 11:16 PM
I paid 5 mil for a Guardian Angel and I was very happy with the purchase. We don't charge mils because we're trying to rip people off, we do it because that's what we think the stuff is worth.

Fisherman Joe
03-17-2015, 12:11 AM
Yep it's all supply and demand. If something is everywhere and easy to get like volge battle rifles or thunderer pistols they will be inexpensive. If there are few of an item out there and lots of people want that item the prices will go high.. like certain extra life shields, carving knives, feasters, etc...

gtfoandrew
03-17-2015, 12:54 AM
hey op...if you have the defiance blue book of gun values, then by all means, please share with us...

oh wait, the weapon card gives me the price. I guess I got a full t4, triple dmg hellfire tachmag for sale at 103,060 scrip.

besides, its fake video game money that comes in endless supplies. what am I being scammed of if I pay millions of fake money for a fake gun?

not that i don't agree with op about some of the exorbitant prices, but this ^ is also a valid point. factor in how rare some of these items are and it starts to make (a little) sense.

Mister Derpenhowser
03-17-2015, 03:16 AM
This thread made me lol, a lot :) thanks

GodKingMoloch
03-17-2015, 04:50 AM
Someone don't know that good guns are far and few in numbers. So don't rant about the games economics if your to lazy too do the numbers crunch in your head. lol I have vot blast rifles that make the Piper look like poop. And my scores at events show it to be true. Some guns in the game are just priceless. If you don't like trading stop trading your will not hurt anyone's feelings by doing so.

stefb42
03-17-2015, 05:04 AM
Do people think that by complaining about prices that trion will put some sort of cap on selling items based off card value? They'd better hope not otherwise they'll never get the good gear they want, because if they did put a cap on, most of the stuff in my inventory would never leave it, the only type of legendary gear you would be able to buy for scrip would be the crap no one wanted, and they'd be charging the full amount for them too

This complaining isn't going to get you the good gear you want, saving scrip and selling good weapons will, tell someone their 5 million scrip item can only be sold for 250k just means people wont be selling said item, so it will be even more unobtainable than it was when it cost 5 million

voidwarlocker
03-17-2015, 05:12 AM
It's really this simple. If you don't like the price then don't buy it. You buy at your own risk. Be a big boy. Realize that if you paid more than you wanted you have noone to blame but yourself. Anything can be worth as much as someone is willing to pay and there is nothing wrong with that as long as both parties entered into said deal and agreed. It's your tesponsibility to be an educated buyer. You can't count on everyone who sells to take good care of you. This is true with any player market and you would be wise to learn it.

TNO
03-17-2015, 06:19 AM
I have vot blast rifles that make the Piper look like poop.

Take that back this instance!!!

dremora ven0m
03-17-2015, 06:38 AM
I have paid over the top for a couple of weapons & I knew it at the time. But that was my choice as I wanted those weapons, tbh 2/3 I paid ott for i havent even used. They just sat in my inventory.
I dont even sell on the open market, I supply a trader with weapons at around 50% of what I think they will sell for.
That way we both making scrip & both happy, me because I dont have to deal with the great unwashed & the trader as he has a steady supply of oj weapons cheap!
So as a few pointed out its all about supply & demand!

WhiteStrike
03-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Take that back this instance!!!

It's possible Mart,the new roll system allows something like this:

VOT Blast Rifle

Reload
Recoil
Damage
Ego on reload
Fire Rate

Although my recoiless Piper will always be one of the best:rolleyes:

Logain
03-17-2015, 07:36 AM
It's possible Mart,the new roll system allows something like this:

VOT Blast Rifle

Reload
Recoil
Damage
Ego on reload
Fire Rate

Although my recoiless Piper will always be one of the best:rolleyes:

Even better: Votan Blast Rifle (+10% DMG Rep Bonus)

Native Radiation
Reload
Mag
Fire Rate
EGO on Reload
DMG

Still looking for one myself but I have one that is close.

Infinity Eagle
03-17-2015, 07:53 AM
For a blast rifle, just save your Soleptor rep and buy one from the vendor. This is one that I raised to orange on PTS. And it works pretty good. :)

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh222/infinityeagle/blast2_zpsfn3u0ue6.jpg

Mister Derpenhowser
03-17-2015, 07:59 AM
My missus has a cannoneer blast rifle with oj firerate roll... I cant quite remember the other rolls but the things an absolute beast! Unfortunately it was nanoless so needed a rad mag but it'd outperform a piper anyday of the week :p

konstantinov
03-17-2015, 08:12 AM
You guys want to hear something hilarious?

Had a new player that started early 2015 come up to me and ask if I had any hoglegs. I told him they were mine but I'd show them to him and after he saw them he asked how much. I reiterated that they were not for sale and once he realized he couldn't get them he took this approach.

"You ****ing noob you better sell me those ****ing guns because they're putting a limit on how much you can sell them for."

What kind of rationale response is that?

Mister Derpenhowser
03-17-2015, 08:16 AM

Had a new player that started early 2015 come up to me and ask if I had any hoglegs. I told him they were mine but I'd show them to him and after he saw them he asked how much. I reiterated that they were not for sale and once he realized he couldn't get them he took this approach.

"You ****ing noob you better sell me those ****ing guns because they're putting a limit on how much you can sell them for."

Its the noobsponse

konstantinov
03-17-2015, 08:18 AM
Its the noobsponse

The limit thing people are spreading like wild fire is the new scam players are using to get things for cheap.

Mister Derpenhowser
03-17-2015, 08:21 AM
The limit thing people are spreading like wild fire is the new scam players are using to get things for cheap.

Fortunately not an issue in EU atm. Sad how low people will go to take items from people in a game though, trade thefts, lies, etc etc. All these kids are far too entitled these days... entitled to a slap that is. Lol

Ray8888
03-17-2015, 08:21 AM

That may have been where it started but don't underestimate people's ability to believe every stupid thing they hear.
BTW did you hear they're getting rid of the event lockboxes from the Bitstore?

Mister Derpenhowser
03-17-2015, 08:26 AM
That may have been where it started but don't underestimate people's ability to believe every stupid thing they hear.
BTW did you hear they're getting rid of the event lockboxes from the Bitstore?

Next update is adding the ability to have group picnics too

r1p
03-17-2015, 08:26 AM

It's things like this that makes me wish that they would put in a quick menu option that would allow you to report behavior like this from inside the game. It can't be that difficult and it could also send the contents of the chat window so they wouldn't have to look it up in the logs.

ArthriticNed
03-17-2015, 08:30 AM
Wow................

cmpowell
03-17-2015, 08:30 AM
It's things like this that makes me wish that they would put in a quick menu option that would allow you to report behavior like this from inside the game. It can't be that difficult and it could also send the contents of the chat window so they wouldn't have to look it up in the logs.

had it. got rid of it with f2p, lol

WhiteStrike
03-17-2015, 08:31 AM
My missus has a cannoneer blast rifle with oj firerate roll... I cant quite remember the other rolls but the things an absolute beast! Unfortunately it was nanoless so needed a rad mag but it'd outperform a piper anyday of the week :p
Depends on the Piper

WhiteStrike
03-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Or a quick menu option for pics so rhat you can take a picture of your middle finger then send it to them.

r1p
03-17-2015, 08:33 AM
Or a quick menu option for pics so rhat you can take a picture of your middle finger then send it to them.

Who, the whiner or Trion? ;)

Mister Derpenhowser
03-17-2015, 08:34 AM
Depends on the Piper

You've seen that blast rifle. I'll put the stats/rolls up here once the games back up and we have some spare time

Reiter
03-17-2015, 08:47 AM
words
Question: Why is gold worth what it is? Unlike script, which is infinitely dropped and not regulated by any government or country with real world currency, gold really has no backing other than greed and what a man is willing to pay for it. That man pays X amount for it, every other Joe blow floods the market in a panic when suddenly the market has a demand, dude scoops up cheapest possible prices, and now the price slowly goes back up.

But script, which isn't regulated, has nothing backing it, is damn easy to acquire should some butt hurt n00b just sit down and play without drooling over randomly generated pixels. In time, his weapon will be obsolete and useless in the next power creep.

TL;DR - OP is just whining he can't get what it wants, half the bonuses in the game are stupid (1 extra shot gun shell, miniscule falloff range, yet damage is nearly the same provided every weapon is the same ego and not different colored, but again the damage isn't that different...one can get by with green weapons without mods). Trion should just introduce significant costs for being resurrected (cost of dying) and equipment repair...than you can kvetch about the cost of something other than pixel guns, cause once you have X amount with a couple commas cost is redundant when you have more than what you need :rolleyes:.

Ryker Vorton
03-17-2015, 10:06 AM
Well, the healthiest solution i've found to these high pricing issues was to retire what i had for sell from the trade forum and i don't sell nor buy anything anymore, i use what i get when i get it and items wise i started to think of the game as if it was stand alone single player. If i have too many scrip at any time (hardly) i can just waste it into some spionage boxes, as simple as that, after all i'm just playing a shooter game not a trading game :)

Logain
03-17-2015, 11:20 AM
My two scrip again on the economy:

Yes some OJs are not "worth it" is they are run of the mill and don't have good rolls. I see most of these go for 100K or less on PC/NA. For good rolled valuable weapons I see these go for a couple of 100K. On the other hand super rare drops with great rolls still remain super rare and are "worth it." Super rare drops or superior (damage wise) guns tend to go for 1M+. The prices in which these super rare superior guns will keep climbing as long as the rate of which people enter the game (i.e. the rate of total available scrip that earned the game) is greater than which the rate of these superior guns drop. More here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?206217-A-way-to-stop-inflation-in-game...-maybe./page7&highlight=fix+economy#61).

So what is the value of scrip? There is no real monetary value to it. In a way, it is really just a measure of how much time you play. I earn about 50-100K per hour on just very casual play (not even grinding). So is a worthwhile gun worth 10 hours of play? In some cases yes.

End of my 2 scrip.

EvilAg3nt
03-17-2015, 01:17 PM
as a newbie to the game,ive noticed a few things.
first off,most of us newbs cant even begin to touch the real weapons.
making a million script is impossible for us,n i have no idea how all you guys/gals have so much script.
ive just gotten my first million mark,@ ego 1700.
it does suck to have to watch all the great guns fly by..but thats how it goes.

as far as actual costs,ingame,buying from other players,yes,theres greedy mofos ingame.
but,theres also some really great people too.
some give away weapons,others sell them dirt cheap,and still others give advice to us newbs.
all you really have to do is watch the chat for a few days and youll get the general prices of most desirables.

point being,the Op accusing everyone of price inflation of stuff newbies cant get anyways to begin with,is a bit ludicrous.

also,another brief point about the newbs buying oj-s from the vendors.
Newbies cant...because without the cerulean cores,that can only be Earned Thru Expert mode,
which We cannot do unless High ego of 5K,we cant do any more than look at them.
we can only hope and wish that some high ego will Take us in on one,and that Rarely happens.
instead,the usual reply is,you are too low ego...

that just leaves us at the mercy of the Sellers to find mods and guns.
That,is kind of bogus.

ShatterST4R
03-17-2015, 01:29 PM
making a million script is impossible for us,n i have no idea how all you guys/gals have so much script.

as far as actual costs,ingame,buying from other players,yes,theres greedy mofos ingame.
some give away weapons,others sell them dirt cheap,and still others give advice to us newbs.
all you really have to do is watch the chat for a few days and youll get the general prices of most desirables.

point being,the Op accusing everyone of price inflation of stuff newbies cant get anyways to begin with,is a bit ludicrous.

Newbies cant...because without the cerulean cores,that can only be Earned Thru Expert mode,
we can only hope and wish that some high ego will Take us in on one,and that Rarely happens.

That,is kind of bogus.

I couldn't afford anything as a newb. I invested what little scrip I could into something nice and started buying and selling, if you put the effort into it, you can make some decent money.

Niner82
03-17-2015, 01:38 PM

That,is kind of bogus.
You need to find the right clan, we give away OJ weapons and sell them cheap to newb clan members, as well as help them earn cores by running expert. As far as prices, if you don't like them, don't buy them. Have patience and you will find people who aren't too proud of their items and sell at a fair price.

Bonehead
03-17-2015, 01:42 PM
Well, the healthiest solution i've found to these high pricing issues was to retire what i had for sell from the trade forum and i don't sell nor buy anything anymore, i use what i get when i get it and items wise i started to think of the game as if it was stand alone single player. If i have too many scrip at any time (hardly) i can just waste it into some spionage boxes, as simple as that, after all i'm just playing a shooter game not a trading game :)

^^^ this ^^^

Ray8888
03-17-2015, 01:49 PM
Why would you buy a unicorn at 1700 ego anyway? Waste of Arkforge and scrip.

Fallen_Aingeal
03-17-2015, 02:20 PM
ive just gotten my first million mark,@ ego 1700. *snip*This shows another fault of the game core.

I didn't see my first million until after EGO 4k. Scrip didn't fall from the trees like it seems to now...

DeMoNofDEATH
03-17-2015, 02:23 PM

That is hillarious! wow some people's kids... no class...

you better sell me one of those guns? I'd tell everyone i know to make sure not to sell said person anything... ever.

DeMoNofDEATH
03-17-2015, 02:23 PM

I meant to reply to this one

DeMoNofDEATH
03-17-2015, 02:44 PM

That,is kind of bogus.

I try to give new players that i know are not just vets with new toons who do not have lots of scrip decent oj's even if they are not in my clan. If they chose to join my clan great, I help them out even more, invite them to expert coop's offer whatever advice i can on loadout preferences and leveling up advice, show them data rec locations, organise PVP clan events. Jut do fun stuff as a group and show them how fun this game can really be when played as a community. In our clan we loan weapons between each other so everyone doesnt have to have a Beelzebub or an enervator or X3 dmg big boomer etc... If someone has proven themself as loyal and trustworthy and is the right ego to use my weapons I trade and let them use said weapon. So far I havent had any issues. Only one person just the other day asked me for some oj's. I gave said person 4 nice oj's a VBI SMG, a Bolt action sniper radiation, a saturnella rocket launcher and a vot fragger. Two minutes later he goes and joins another clan. That's not counting all the other oj's I gave said person over the last year or so and "Loans" which were never reimbursed. (no big loss there)

When I was low ego, no one ever gave me any oj's I got my first oj from a lockbox. An electric SAW when Saw's were the best weapon in the game. IMO. then they nerfed the electric nano.

I had to grind and get to get what i have so all the cyababies, i suggest you do the same. Be happy people actually give away oj's cause two years ago it was relatively unheard of.

My 2 cents worth.

EvilAg3nt
03-17-2015, 04:59 PM
to anyone who thought i was complaining,i really wasnt.
just posting what ive seen,in regards to the op-s post.

im Happy there are people who help others,n ive seen a few of you regs ingame as well.
for those who never find this Forum to thank you regs personally,TY for the Help.
sometimes its the smallest thing that can mean the most.

weve always tried to spread the loot around,esp in games like borderlands and now this game.
thanks for the tips and advice,cheers.

ps,if i was going to complain about anything in this game,it would Have to be the Servers,on xbox360,they are horrible.
i love the game itself.

Bonehead
03-17-2015, 05:10 PM
i love the game itself.

You are in good company there.

Niner82
03-17-2015, 05:19 PM
I myself have a family and know how hard it is to earn scrip because I don't get to play a lot. Think your on the right track with your friend that you trust. That is what I have to rely on, is people I trust or I wouldn't have nice gear.

SirServed
03-17-2015, 05:24 PM
to anyone who thought i was complaining,i really wasnt.

im Happy there are people who help others,n ive seen a few of you regs ingame as well.
for those who never find this Forum to thank you regs personally,TY for the Help.
sometimes its the smallest thing that can mean the most.

weve always tried to spread the loot around,esp in games like borderlands and now this game.
thanks for the tips and advice,cheers.

ps,if i was going to complain about anything in this game,it would Have to be the Servers,on xbox360,they are horrible.
i love the game itself.
Your initial post was a wall of text in bold letters so it came off as, highly uneducated. The intention of my response about spreadsheets was to show you how to compare the actual DPS of you weapon vs. the one being offered to you. Depending on how much you value your DPS, you would be able to get a feel for how much you want to pay for a possible upgrade. At the same time, if you plug in the numbers and your weapon is better than their offer or you're not impressed, you know this person is trying to rip you off and can go about your day.

Event weapons usually have some unique aspect that you can't obtain throughout your normal career in this game. Let's assume you plug in the numbers to find that your favorite weapon does 35k DPS. Assuming you'd let it go, if someone attempted to buy it from you, how much money would you charge them? Now imagine someone selling the same model weapon from the current game event but it deals 10k more DPS. How much is that worth to you? How much do you feel it's worth to the person that's somehow willing to part with it?

Players set the economy and it works.

EvilAg3nt
03-17-2015, 05:47 PM
you,erm,quoted entirely the wrong person.
im not the Op,and furthermore agree with most of you Pros.
cheers.

Bentu
03-17-2015, 05:58 PM
I actually looked at the start date of this thread, thought it must of been necroed or something :cool:

I paid 5.6mill for this today

Blackened Hellfire AR Ego 5590
Xp x1.04
DMG
Fully T3 Modded
*Recoil Reduction,
Power Bore,
High Cap Mag
,Stab Sight
*-0.10 Accuracy
x1.15 Crit
x1.05 DMG
+15% DMG on next grenade after a Kill
x1.10 DMG

And I would of paid more, the purchase was funded by the sale of a Wolfman that I had no use for and I'm not a collector.

In game currency bought in game pixels, win win lol :).

Dixie Cougar
03-17-2015, 06:09 PM
I actually looked at the start date of this thread, thought it must of been necroed or something :cool:

I paid 5.6mill for this today

Blackened Hellfire AR Ego 5590
Xp x1.04
DMG
Fully T3 Modded
*Recoil Reduction,
Power Bore,
High Cap Mag
,Stab Sight
*-0.10 Accuracy
x1.15 Crit
x1.05 DMG
+15% DMG on next grenade after a Kill
x1.10 DMG

And I would of paid more, the purchase was funded by the sale of a Wolfman that I had no use for and I'm not a collector.

In game currency bought in game pixels, win win lol :).

So, are you gonna chance rerolling that mastery for 1% extra damage? :P

SirServed
03-17-2015, 06:14 PM
you,erm,quoted entirely the wrong person.
im not the Op,and furthermore agree with most of you Pros.
cheers.
Hahaha my fault. From the way you started in, it sounded like the OP trying to redeem himself. I guess the jury is still out on that one.

I think it's time to change your name to Danger Cougar.

Dixie Cougar
03-17-2015, 06:22 PM
I think it's time to change your name to Danger Cougar.

Haha yeah. That opportunity cost man. All those oj reload rolls he could be missing out on!

You should sympathize a little bit as a min maxer though :P

SirServed
03-17-2015, 06:26 PM
Haha yeah. That opportunity cost man. All those oj reload rolls he could be missing out on!

You should sympathize a little bit as a min maxer though :P
Check your inbox.

Bentu
03-17-2015, 08:20 PM

A friend said it's not worth doing or adding t4s but it doesn't look right does it lol.

I'll take his advice and leave as is for now but as I get the forge together I may have a tinkle with it.

Dixie Cougar
03-17-2015, 09:36 PM
A friend said it's not worth doing or adding t4s but it doesn't look right does it lol.

I'll take his advice and leave as is for now but as I get the forge together I may have a tinkle with it.

Not much downside to t4s if you can afford them.

Cyripax NeoPrime
03-18-2015, 01:54 AM

Just chase arkfalls, incursions or conflict sites. Continuosly gunning things down and picking up scrip drops. I chase arkfalls and average about 50k scrip per hour(WITHOUT boosts). If i buy scrip boosts i can pull in 100 to 150k per hour. Casually.

Bentu
03-18-2015, 05:29 AM
Not much downside to t4s if you can afford them.

Hammer hits nail on head, the price is getting to the point where it's a considerable downside to buying them and a job to sell if said weapons don't have the mods on them.

EvilAg3nt
03-18-2015, 08:47 AM
Hammer hits nail on head, the price is getting to the point where it's a considerable downside to buying them and a job to sell if said weapons don't have the mods on them.

^ that.
i learned fairly quickly that buying weapons With mods already on them is Far easier than searching everywheres for mods.
in fact ill buy junk weapons just for their mods...amazing what some people put on their guns..;)

Hahaha my fault. From the way you started in, it sounded like the OP trying to redeem himself. I guess the jury is still out on that one.
really??
because the Quote You Used,the second line in says Clearly im not the op.

perhaps next time you could Read the post before commenting?
also,TY for the spreadsheet.

r1p
03-18-2015, 09:01 AM

I know what you mean. It seems like weapon prices are overly affected by whether they are fully T4 modded. I think that part of the problem is that everyone has a different idea on how much the same mod is worth. I think another part is that a lot of players feel compelled to T4 everything and don't stop to evaluate the point of diminishing returns.

Take SMGs for example. If you calculate the 2% extra damage a T4 damage barrel provides per mag versus a T3 it only comes out to a few bullets worth of damage. A T4 mag only provides a few extra bullets versus a T3. I know these things add up, but is it worth doing to most/all of my weapons even if they are OJ? And when you consider that most rewards in this game are based on RNG and not performance how much does it really matter? I get that ego/bragging rights is a factor, especially when it comes to PvP, and there is nothing wrong with that because competition helps drive the game. I also know that it makes sense for someone that has a lot of scrip to T4 weapons but usually it's because the weapons are usually worth keeping or high enough quality and can be sold/traded for other things. I also understand that it makes sense for the weapons that are my constant companions and I use 90% of the time. However, since I am still pursuing my dream weapons and I am not sitting on a mountain of scrip it just doesn't make sense to me to constantly blow through all of it buying T4s for everything even if I plan to sell or trade them. Most of the time it doesn't even increase their profitability so why not let the new owner waste the time and effort in trying to track them down. And even though I am aware that I can retrieve the mods when I'm done with a weapon it just doesn't make sense to me having my scrip tied up in mods. To me it makes more sense to T3 most weapons and bank the 200k-500k I would have spent and save up for the things I really want instead of having it all tied up in mod "futures".

Anyway, it's all just my opinion based on supposition and observations of players in the forums and in-game so take it with a grain of salt because that's is all it is worth.

satirized
03-18-2015, 09:27 AM
I usually simply T5 the barrel and mag unless I need particular synergy tier. Rest gets t4ed. If you can afford it, why not? If I am gonna mod something, I am gonna mod it right.

Tex_Arcana
03-18-2015, 10:57 AM
I usually simply T5 the barrel and mag unless I need particular synergy tier. Rest gets t4ed. If you can afford it, why not? If I am gonna mod something, I am gonna mod it right.
Yes.
http://www.funnfun.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/das-auto-beatle-car-modification.jpg

Punisher Illinois Blue
03-18-2015, 01:08 PM
I hate to be honest, but you guys need to realize 1 thing and 1 thing only. Certain OJ weapons are cheaper than u think, They are not worth the mills u guys want to believe. I can tell u guys is that you guys are getting ripped off. Like i said i wont name any guns or anything, but im sure u guys know what im talking about and the guns should be back to their original value.

I agree. When your in the item menu in the middle of a trade it shows the actual price of the item your selecting too put in the trade select screen. I haven't seen any that were one mil.

As for people suposedly being good salespersons for making people pay that much, milions, I have to say BS. What makes a good person a good salesperson is their friendly hospitality towards a buyer as well as their knowleged of the item the are selling, as well as understanding compermise. The people making people pay in the mil mark for these items are not fleckable nor do they sell thesir items often, they just brushoff the people that can't pay that much money and wait till th run into someone who can pay that much,and they are probably a merchant themselves. If they needed money to live and had to pay taxes, if they don't already if they are in a clan that makes them pay taxes, they would starve just cause they wouldn't be willing to sell to anyone but uberrich people. If you look at the real life market, markets that arun by private sellers, you'll see that forcing people to pay high ammonts of money isn't that great of an idea, esp if it well above theactual worth of the item.

That being said this is onereason why very blue, purp, oj, ive wanted to get rid of I've always given them away for free, unless your a merchant.

SirServed
03-18-2015, 01:32 PM
I agree. When your in the item menu in the middle of a trade it shows the actual price of the item your selecting too put in the trade select screen. I haven't seen any that were one mil.

As for people suposedly being good salespersons for making people pay that much, milions, I have to say BS. What makes a good person a good salesperson is their friendly hospitality towards a buyer as well as their knowleged of the item the are selling, as well as understanding compermise. The people making people pay in the mil mark for these items are not fleckable nor do they sell thesir items often, they just brushoff the people that can't pay that much money and wait till th run into someone who can pay that much,and they are probably a merchant themselves. If they needed money to live and had to pay taxes, if they don't already if they are in a clan that makes them pay taxes, they would starve just cause they wouldn't be willing to sell to anyone but uberrich people. If you look at the real life market, markets that arun by private sellers, you'll see that forcing people to pay high ammonts of money isn't that great of an idea, esp if it well above theactual worth of the item.

That being said this is onereason why very blue, purp, oj, ive wanted to get rid of I've always given them away for free, unless your a merchant.
You do realize that money is printed into the game's economy every second right? It is always happening whenever someone is doing something in the game and the amount of currency printed per second increased exponentially when the game became Free-to-Play. When you have lots of people and no way to reliably produce an amazing item for each player. Supply and Demand will end up being enforced whether you like it or not.

Real Life Market you say? Let's take cars as an example. If you went and got the new Honda that is being mass produced, sure it's going to be really affordable. Everyone can go out and get run-of-the-mill vehicles because they were designed for mass production. If you want a Ferrari 250 GTO, it's going to cost you upwards of 38 million dollars. Only 39 of these cars were made and there are easily more than 39 people in existence that want them. Is that private seller wrong for selling it for so high a price? If you think yes, then you're bad at the Real Life Market and should feel bad.

Jackpot items have very low populations among the players to give them a sense of uniquity and prestige. While you're not willing to pay for that, someone will.

EDIT: Also, the price in the top right corner that you see is an arbitrary value that the game assigns to each item for vendor purposes. Vendors pay out 20% of what that item reads and the value changes based on the mods that are placed in the weapon. A standard Legendary is valued somewhere in the region of 13k scrip. A vendor will give you 2,600 or so scrip for it. Now go apply a T5 mod to it. The card display will increase by 125,000 and the vendor's offer will increase by 25,000. The point of the vendor value being 20% of the card value is like a last resort in the event that you can't sell it to another player, not a guideline for how much you should be selling an item for.

WhiteStrike
03-18-2015, 01:44 PM

Sure,you keep believing that.

Chris Robet
03-18-2015, 01:47 PM

It shows the vendor price of an item. My main shotgun is worth about 300,000 according to that and most people wouldn't pay 50k for it.

Dixie Cougar
03-18-2015, 01:56 PM
That nominal value the game spits out for rare items is like the face value on a gold coin. Unless the market value of gold drops to $50 an ounce, it means nothing. Along the lines of that analogy, think of bad guns as being made of base metals.

Cyripax NeoPrime
03-18-2015, 02:09 PM
You do realize that money is printed into the game's economy every second right? It is always happening whenever someone is doing something in the game and the amount of currency printed per second increased exponentially when the game became Free-to-Play.

real Life Market you say? Let's take cars as an example. If you went and got the new Honda that is being mass produced, sure it's going to be really affordable. Everyone can go out and get run-of-the-mill vehicles because they were designed for mass production. If you want a Ferrari 250 GTO, it's going to cost you upwards of 38 million dollars. Only 39 of these cars were made and there are easily more than 39 people in existence that want them. Is that private seller wrong for selling it for so high a price? If you think yes, then you're bad at the Real Life Market and should feel bad.

Jackpot items have very low populations among the players to give them a sense of uniquity and prestige. While you're not willing to pay for that, someone will.

EDIT: Also, the price in the top right corner that you see is an arbitrary value that the game assigns to each item for vendor purposes. Vendors pay out 20% of what that item reads and the value changes based on the mods that are placed in the weapon. A standard Legendary is valued somewhere in the region of 13k scrip. A vendor will give you 2,600 or so scrip for it. Now go apply a T5 mod to it. The card display will increase by 125,000 and the vendor's offer will increase by 25,000. The point of the vendor value being 20% of the card value is like a last resort in the event that you can't sell it to another player, not a guideline for how much you should be selling an item for.

Its amazing how many ppl DONT seem to understand this. Im one of the ppl who can never afford any great items myself, yet i still know this.

Bentu
03-18-2015, 03:40 PM
Take SMGs for example. If you calculate the 2% extra damage a T4 damage barrel provides per mag versus a T3 it only comes out to a few bullets worth of damage. A T4 mag only provides a few extra bullets versus a T3. I know these things add up, but is it worth doing to most/all of my weapons even if they are OJ?

My math is nowhere good enough to work it out even if I wanted to (big surprise there eh), I can see that being true of a mediocre weapon but if you get one that does have extraordinary dmg potential I think the t4s could actually make a big difference.
Hopefully I will find out in Akcatraz unless the baddies have fire resistant shields. :)

Bonehead
03-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Maybe this will help...

http://www.english-online.at/economy/capitalism/capitalism-supply-and-demand.gif

Bentu
03-18-2015, 04:10 PM
Maybe this will help...

http://www.english-online.at/economy/capitalism/capitalism-supply-and-demand.gif

Did you do that all on your own?

Bonehead
03-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Did you do that all on your own?

LOL (really!)

Not even.

Ray8888
03-18-2015, 05:36 PM

As for people suposedly being good salespersons for making people pay that much, milions, I have to say BS. What makes a good person a good salesperson is their friendly hospitality towards a buyer as well as their knowleged of the item the are selling, as well as understanding compermise. The people making people pay in the mil mark for these items are not fleckable nor do they sell thesir items often

You calling me unfleckable? Ill have you know I get flecked on the regular.

Fallen_Aingeal
03-18-2015, 06:39 PM
fleckable W...T...H is fleckable? What does that mean???

To respond to your post...Are you ****in serious right now??? Comparing the economy of a video game to real life? Typical of posts you've made though...

Razar2380
03-18-2015, 08:51 PM

The thing is that this is how it always has been in any market. If the ones that have something that is limited in any way, they will jack the price up really high to make money off of it.

I am not saying none of the guns are worth the prices they are selling for, nor am I say that they are. I am just saying that they will set as high of a price for something that they think they can sell it for. Then, if it doesn't sell after a time, they may drop the price till it does.

It is not the ones selling them that is causing the price to be so high. They are not needed to play the game, so they don't have the buyers over a barrel, so to speak. However, it is the buyers that are buying it at those prices that tell the ones selling the that this is an okay price to sell it for.

If I put a gun up for sell for 10 million, and someone buys it, the next one I put up for sell like it will go for the same price, or higher. If it doesn't sell till I drop the price to 500 thousand, then I will sell both of them for that price.

This is the same problem in STO. They have an exchange system to trade Dilithium (an in-game currency that needs time to grind to get) for Zen (the game store currency bought with real money). Ones that don't understand how a market works will blame the ones trading the Zen for Dil because the price it "too high". However, the ones using Dil to buy it prove it isn't too high, because they are doing the trade with them.

Though it makes it easier for those rich in the game to get richer, it is just how things are. Though it is a game, there are some things about the real world that will creep into it. That sometimes includes playing with people who are greedy, or just trying to keep up with someone else in riches.

To those that are selling guns, you are playing the market the same way any market is suppose to be played. Congrats on your finds, and best wishes to you on future investments.

To the OP, while it would be nice to be able to play a game that doesn't have greed, it will not exist unless there is no market, or any way to trade in-game items. I suggest not letting it get to you. I know that you don't think it is fair, and I commend you for speaking out about the way you feel about it. But, if you let it bother you, it will only influence your experience in a negative way, and this is a really good game, and is about to get some more awesome additions to its game play. Good luck to you as well.

As for me, to my very best, I will:

Have fun, and happy gaming.

Razar.

satirized
03-18-2015, 09:16 PM
^ Someone sane.

WhiteStrike
03-19-2015, 01:05 AM
My math is nowhere good enough to work it out even if I wanted to (big surprise there eh), I can see that being true of a mediocre weapon but if you get one that does have extraordinary dmg potential I think the t4s could actually make a big difference.
Hopefully I will find out in Akcatraz unless the baddies have fire resistant shields. :)

Shields are fire resistant.However,their shields are weak and are only activated by a shield spike.

Tex_Arcana
03-19-2015, 11:53 AM
Maybe this will help...

Unfourtunately real life supply and demand works less like this than ever:
Demand rises - Supply rises (Mass and cheap production costs allow this) - Prices do not fall but continually get increased to justify a growth-based profit margin that also is always increased. Not due to taxation; due to growth-based profit requirement.
Just ask Apple about this method. They'll club you over the head and have your body dumped as you should not ask these types of questions.

Punisher Illinois Blue
03-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Real Life Market you say? Let's take cars as an example. If you went and got the new Honda that is being mass produced, sure it's going to be really affordable. Everyone can go out and get run-of-the-mill vehicles because they were designed for mass production. If you want a Ferrari 250 GTO, it's going to cost you upwards of 38 million dollars. Only 39 of these cars were made and there are easily more than 39 people in existence that want them. Is that private seller wrong for selling it for so high a price? If you think yes, then you're bad at the Real Life Market and should feel bad.

They are wrong for selling for so high and are not getting any buyers or if they do its at a time in which they have lost a large chunck of money advertising their product. They could have made more if they had been more flexable.

The population isnt that low. For every person playing everyday since December theirs atleast 4 Jackpot weapons. Most of these jackpot weapons are not even worth as much as some of my blue weapons.

It is the in game price of those weapons, their is no side stepping that fact. Each weapon is given a price value based on its effectiveness in game. You wont get a more truthful evaluation and pricing of these weapons. The game shows most St V day Jackpots are not even worth over 20 k which is funny because my blue syphon cannon VOT Disruptor is worth like 50k - 60k.

Seto
03-19-2015, 01:54 PM
They are wrong for selling for so high and are not getting any buyers or if they do its at a time in which they have lost a large chunck of money advertising their product. They could have made more if they had been more flexable.

The population isnt that low. For every person playing everyday since December theirs atleast 4 Jackpot weapons. Most of these jackpot weapons are not even worth as much as some of my blue weapons.

It is the in game price of those weapons, their is no side stepping that fact. Each weapon is given a price value based on its effectiveness in game. You wont get a more truthful evaluation and pricing of these weapons. The game shows most St V day Jackpots are not even worth over 20 k which is funny because my blue syphon cannon VOT Disruptor is worth like 50k - 60k.

I have a good laugh reading your posts about your so called "game economy"

konstantinov
03-19-2015, 02:16 PM

I got a 3x DMG TN Boomer and Feaster for you bud. 150 mil and they're yours.

stefb42
03-19-2015, 02:37 PM

The in game prices have NOTHING to do with their effectiveness, its based purely on rarity and rarity of mods fitted, want to see a million scrip white in your inventory? Put 4 t5 mods on it and voila, a million scrip white

Love it when people prattle on about stuff when they don't really know what they're prattling about

r1p
03-20-2015, 07:41 AM
The in game prices have NOTHING to do with their effectiveness, its based purely on rarity and rarity of mods fitted, want to see a million scrip white in your inventory? Put 4 t5 mods on it and voila, a million scrip white

Love it when people prattle on about stuff when they don't really know what they're prattling about

I agree. And while I know I'm picking nits, I wanted to add that sometimes things are expensive because they are effective it's just that usually they are rare as well.

I look at things like this:

Items that are USEFUL & RARE are/should be expensive.
Items that are just RARE(ish) most of the time are expensive when they really shouldn't be.
Items that are just USEFUL(ish) are usually affordable but sometimes they aren't.

The first one is easy and anyone complaining about things that fall under that definition is just whining. The next 2 are a little harder to pin down because a lot of it is based on one's perspective but I'm sure there are plenty of things that fall under them that most reasonable people could agree upon.

konstantinov
03-20-2015, 09:44 AM
Had a guy offer me a quickburst pulser for a 3x DMG TN Boomer yesterday. Did you know that the quickburst pulsers are very rare?

It's because they're vendor trash

He then said he didn't know the value of his gun nor the value of mine but offered 3 mil. The charity case card came out as well. "I'll never trade it." "I've been looking for one."

Once he figured out I wasn't interested in the WM disruptor or 3 mil scrip he got pretty upset and went to zone chat to blast me. I asked if anyone would have taken that deal and the LOL's explain it all. Funny stuff given that people are upset with paying a lot of fake money for a fake gun.

JOCCO5150
03-20-2015, 10:02 AM

Still only comes to 512,500scrip. I have a few of these. But, the guns and mods together are worth well more than that.

pdg
03-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Do guns come with price tags? Are the prices engraved on the barrel? Are the prices set in stone somewhere? I must have missed that aspect of the game.

ARB82
03-21-2015, 01:25 AM
Had a guy offer me a quickburst pulser for a 3x DMG TN Boomer yesterday. Did you know that the quickburst pulsers are very rare?

It's because they're vendor trash

He then said he didn't know the value of his gun nor the value of mine but offered 3 mil. The charity case card came out as well. "I'll never trade it." "I've been looking for one."

Once he figured out I wasn't interested in the WM disruptor or 3 mil scrip he got pretty upset and went to zone chat to blast me. I asked if anyone would have taken that deal and the LOL's explain it all. Funny stuff given that people are upset with paying a lot of fake money for a fake gun.

While I don't take to zone to blast people as I dont know the prices that well, I do find the seller to take my low offer to zone to be mocked. That's what really ****s me off, I get the piss taken because I'm less knowledgeable. Do you agree with that?

Fallen_Aingeal
03-21-2015, 09:18 AM
While I don't take to zone to blast people as I dont know the prices that well, I do find the seller to take my low offer to zone to be mocked. That's what really ****s me off, I get the piss taken because I'm less knowledgeable. Do you agree with that?This is just it, though.

You're trying to make an uneducated purchase. So, I'll ask. Do you make this a common practice?

Personally, I try to learn as much as I can before conducting a transaction. That way, when it's time to negotiate, I have a leg to stand on....

Education. Priceless.

Gai
03-21-2015, 09:27 AM
While I don't take to zone to blast people as I dont know the prices that well, I do find the seller to take my low offer to zone to be mocked. That's what really ****s me off, I get the piss taken because I'm less knowledgeable. Do you agree with that?

That's one of my pet peeves lol, fking hate when someone asks for a offer and then get mad when it's not high enough, just tell me how much you want dammit.

Fallen_Aingeal
03-21-2015, 09:46 AM
That's one of my pet peeves lol, fking hate when someone asks for a offer and then get mad when it's not high enough, just tell me how much you want dammit.

When done properly, this is a good form of negotiating. When I ask for offers and receive one that's too low, I'll counter with one that is higher than what I want.

Sometimes I sell for higher than what I was originally aiming for. Sometimes lower. It's the game of buying and selling...

Derailer
03-21-2015, 10:50 AM
When done properly, this is a good form of negotiating. When I ask for offers and receive one that's too low, I'll counter with one that is higher than what I want.

Sometimes I sell for higher than what I was originally aiming for. Sometimes lower. It's the game of buying and selling...

That's the whole point isn't it? Having fun buying and selling and making it part of the game. If everything had set in stone prices it would be pretty pointless for anyone to go around selling anything. It's the negotiating and the interaction that makes it worthwhile.

Fallen_Aingeal
03-21-2015, 11:32 AM
That's the whole point isn't it? Having fun buying and selling and making it part of the game. If everything had set in stone prices it would be pretty pointless for anyone to go around selling anything. It's the negotiating and the interaction that makes it worthwhile.One would think.

But, then you get the whiners complaining about how expensive things are and that they can't afford the "good" guns.

Granted, the economy on my platform spun out of control. It's starting to level out now at a bit of an increase than before. That's the way an economy works. If I can't afford something, I don't buy it.

Otherwise, we'd all have a Lamborghini. And then, what would the poor Prius manufacturers do?

konstantinov
03-21-2015, 11:40 AM
People aren't grasping the whole basic fundamentals of economics and how they work.

Dixie Cougar
03-21-2015, 11:45 AM
People aren't grasping the whole basic fundamentals of economics and how they work.

People also aren't grasping that scrip is worthless to many so whenever I sell something for scrip I'm rolling the dice I can talk someone else into accepting it later on. There is a risk inherent in it.

konstantinov
03-21-2015, 12:09 PM
People also aren't grasping that scrip is worthless to many so whenever I sell something for scrip I'm rolling the dice I can talk someone else into accepting it later on. There is a risk inherent in it.

Well when you're playing a free game that gives you free named weapons, can you really expect anything less from the f2p population?

Dixie Cougar
03-21-2015, 12:22 PM
Well when you're playing a free game that gives you free named weapons, can you really expect anything less from the f2p population?

I figure free named weapons are a band aid for the game's overreliance on RNG, I haven't got a problem with it. If anything it's a credit to Trion that they put that in as I'm sure it costs them a bit in lockbox sales.

Gai
03-21-2015, 02:24 PM

That's fine, I mean those people that just stop replying after a low offer lol.

konstantinov
03-21-2015, 03:05 PM
That's fine, I mean those people that just stop replying after a low offer lol.

I don't reply after a low offer. The "what's the lowest you'll go" line is pretty awesome too.

Gai
03-21-2015, 03:13 PM
I don't reply after a low offer. The "what's the lowest you'll go" line is pretty awesome too.

Why lol, you should just counter a low offer with a higher offer. I can't tell you what your item is worth :P

konstantinov
03-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Why lol, you should just counter a low offer with a higher offer. I can't tell you what your item is worth :P

Then why make an offer? There's nothing worse than making a stupid offer if you don't know what the item is worth.

Fallen_Aingeal
03-21-2015, 04:22 PM
Then why make an offer? There's nothing worse than making a stupid offer if you don't know what the item is worth.

That's my point exactly!

Not educating ones self in the game economy either because of newness, or for the older players, pure laziness not to learn. If you're going to participate in an aspect of the game, wouldn't it behoove you to learn about that aspect???

When I make an offer on a weapon, I'm offering what it's worth to me to acquire, maybe a tad more. If my offer isn't good enough for the seller, I move along. I don't get all butt hurt because the person won't let off it. Pretty simple.

Cajel
03-21-2015, 04:39 PM

Then why ask for a offer if you have a set value in your mind that must be made? There's nothing worse than asking for a offer when you know what the item is worth.

konstantinov
03-21-2015, 04:43 PM
Then why ask for a offer if you have a set value in your mind that must be made? There's nothing worse than asking for a offer when you know what the item is worth.

Personally, I like to see how honest people are and how much they know about this game given some of their claims. But when you offer me a Quickburst Pulser for a 3x DMG TN Boomer that can only mean one thing.

I don't need scrip and there's very little that I'm looking for so I take offers to see if I can find what I'm looking for in someone's inventory. You newer guys get so pissed when you can't get the best stuff for little or nothing.

Instead of lockkeepers and lockbreakers we have elitist and entitled.

Gai
03-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Personally, I like to see how honest people are and how much they know about this game given some of their claims. But when you offer me a Quickburst Pulser for a 3x DMG TN Boomer that can only mean one thing.

I don't need scrip and there's very little that I'm looking for so I take offers to see if I can find what I'm looking for in someone's inventory. You newer guys get so pissed when you can't get the best stuff for little or nothing.

Instead of lockkeepers and lockbreakers we have elitist and entitled.

LMFAO someone really offered you a quickburst pulsar?!

btw I was solely talking about people asking for scrip offers, I usually know what items are fair trade :)

Fallen_Aingeal
03-21-2015, 06:29 PM
Instead of lockkeepers and lockbreakers we have elitist and entitled.With quotes like these, we need to start a podcast together! LOL Fookin' classic!

konstantinov
03-22-2015, 05:32 PM
LMFAO someone really offered you a quickburst pulsar?!

btw I was solely talking about people asking for scrip offers, I usually know what items are fair trade :)

Yes and they told me "it's extremely rare".

Thorax The Dark
03-22-2015, 05:37 PM
i agree with this post, behind the scenes people are buying named weapons with real money and selling them in game. Everyone knows about that, some people jack the prices up way too high and its a scam. dont fall for it folks chances are your getting reeled in by pay to winners

Niner82
03-22-2015, 05:53 PM
And the BS about educating yourself about prices. How when i can buy a Sumimoto from one person for 800k? Then that same Sumimoto with same rolls I see going for 4 mil. Some people are too proud of their fake weapons etc. I just stay patient and buy from people I know I can trust. Too many scammers now days. Taking advantage of new players is stupid and pointless. I give stuff away all the time, stuff that would cost millions to buy. Xbox 360 would be dead without new players, educate them instead of putting them down. After all you were once a new player, just remember that.

konstantinov
03-22-2015, 05:56 PM
And the BS about educating yourself about prices. How when i can buy a Sumimoto from one person for 800k? Then that same Sumimoto with same rolls I see going for 4 mil. Some people are too proud of their fake weapons etc. I just stay patient and buy from people I know I can trust. Too many scammers now days. Taking advantage of new players is stupid and pointless. I give stuff away all the time, stuff that would cost millions to buy. Xbox 360 would be dead without new players, educate them instead of putting them down. After all you were once a new player, just remember that.

I see more new players taking advantage of newer players than anything.

Niner82
03-22-2015, 06:12 PM
I see more new players taking advantage of newer players than anything.
That's why I educate new players and give them advice. To be in our clan you have to be respectful and honest to any player, even if they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Ask someone who knows prices before you buy. If I see some BS happening in zone chat I will say something to the person being scammed. That's what I meant by educate new players. If they offer a low or high price tell them what it's worth, but don't call them an idiot because their new. Does it really make you a better person? I don't think so.

konstantinov
03-22-2015, 06:17 PM
That's why I educate new players and give them advice. To be in our clan you have to be respectful and honest to any player, even if they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Ask someone who knows prices before you buy. If I see some BS happening in zone chat I will say something to the person being scammed. That's what I meant by educate new players. If they offer a low or high price tell them what it's worth, but don't call them an idiot because their new. Does it really make you a better person? I don't think so.

You'd say the same about someone that uses these lines?

"It's for a good cause."
"I'll never trade it."

Niner82
03-22-2015, 06:22 PM
You'd say the same about someone that uses these lines?

"It's for a good cause."
"I'll never trade it."
I'd educate other people not to trust that person.

konstantinov
03-22-2015, 06:28 PM
I'd educate other people not to trust that person.

The same person accuses people of being rip offs all the time.

Niner82
03-22-2015, 06:46 PM
The same person accuses people of being rip offs all the time.
I've been around long enough to know who to trust. If enough people learn who the person is then they lose most of their business do to word of mouth. I was scammed several times when I first started playing. Nobody educated me, I had to learn who to trust on my own. Don't think I won't tell that person he is out of line, that's not what I am saying. Guess once I joined the clan I'm in, some did educate me. That's why I do what I do and try to avoid picking on all new players. You are right there are exceptions to the rule if they are repeat offenders.

konstantinov
03-22-2015, 07:04 PM
I've been around long enough to know who to trust. If enough people learn who the person is then they lose most of their business do to word of mouth. I was scammed several times when I first started playing. Nobody educated me, I had to learn who to trust on my own. Don't think I won't tell that person he is out of line, that's not what I am saying. Guess once I joined the clan I'm in, some did educate me. That's why I do what I do and try to avoid picking on all new players. You are right there are exceptions to the rule if they are repeat offenders.

Some of these new guys have over 100 mil scrip and it's not from vets ripping people off. How does someone get that much scrip and 2 abaddons touches and ghost dusters in 5-6 months.

Adage
03-22-2015, 07:15 PM
Just because you give away stuff that's worth millions doesn't make that stuff worth any less, it just means you're being generous. If someone really believes a weapon is worth millions and asks that price for it they're not ripping people off, they're charging what they think the item is worth. If you don't think it's worth the same amount then don't buy it, that's the nature of a free economy in the first place.

Niner82
03-22-2015, 07:16 PM
Some of these new guys have over 100 mil scrip and it's not from vets ripping people off. How does someone get that much scrip and 2 abaddons touches and ghost dusters in 5-6 months.
I can tell you I never seen that much scrip. They rip other new players off, just like some vets. Not saying all vets are that way. I've learned only to trade and sell to certain people. That's the only solution I have come up with.

Cyripax NeoPrime
03-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Unfourtunately real life supply and demand works less like this than ever:
Demand rises - Supply rises (Mass and cheap production costs allow this) - Prices do not fall but continually get increased to justify a growth-based profit margin that also is always increased. Not due to taxation; due to growth-based profit requirement.
Just ask Apple about this method. They'll club you over the head and have your body dumped as you should not ask these types of questions.

But the supply on jackpots isnt skyrocketing. Its gotten a little better with weeklies during last 2 events. But thats for those pools. Regular well sought weaps from cash shop lockboxes. Not so much. Some ppl forget some of these weaps come from dropping loads of real money.

Good news is well have a chance again for nameds with chaotic event :)

I just dont complain about it. Nothing I can do to drop those prices but NOT BUY(not that i can afford it)Thats all ya can do. As long as ppl keep buying at high prices....... theyll keep em high. Theres not much point gettin mad about it and ranting. Im not throwin hissy fits cos I cant afford a mil scrip. Lol. Either be part of the problem, or be part of what you feel is the solution. But ya know what. I dont look down on ppl for chargin what they feel its worth. Either theyre bien gougers on purpose, or they dont really know and will find out when it doesnt sell. OR itbis worth it. No use fightin with em in chat .

final rest
03-23-2015, 02:03 AM
i agree sometimes prices get a little rediculous.. but people just want top dollar for their stuff nothin wrong with that. if someone buys it then they are happy to have made the deal. if u see a random oj with below average rolls being sold for 100k+ then just ignore it and problem solved, maybe the seller doesnt want to sell at normal price. so one gun isnt sold at the correct price(even if seller doesnt know what "correct price" is, that doesnt mean the market is ruined.

Mister Derpenhowser
03-23-2015, 02:22 AM
I took offers on a oj hellfire AR in zone and people instantly started bidding from a mil. That wasn't a starter price I set either, it eventually sold for 1.7mil and was obviously worth it to the guy who won and had been after one for months. Point is people pay what THEY want, don't get your panties in a bunch coz you can't get involved in bidding.

P.s. I'm on ps3 eu so 1.7mil is quite a bit :) (different economy)

konstantinov
03-23-2015, 03:22 AM
I took offers on a oj hellfire AR in zone and people instantly started bidding from a mil. That wasn't a starter price I set either, it eventually sold for 1.7mil and was obviously worth it to the guy who won and had been after one for months. Point is people pay what THEY want, don't get your panties in a bunch coz you can't get involved in bidding.

P.s. I'm on ps3 eu so 1.7mil is quite a bit :) (different economy)

1.7 on EU is like 15 on NA.

Ps- I turned down 20 mil plus a GA and a bunch of other stuff yet people said I was being greedy. I literally just traded the feaster for a canker.

Niner82
03-23-2015, 10:16 AM
Just because you give away stuff that's worth millions doesn't make that stuff worth any less, it just means you're being generous. If someone really believes a weapon is worth millions and asks that price for it they're not ripping people off, they're charging what they think the item is worth. If you don't think it's worth the same amount then don't buy it, that's the nature of a free economy in the first place.
I don't buy it, that's my point. I said that to begin with on this thread. I only buy, sell, trade with certain people I trust. Never said everybody should give stuff away, just that's how we do it in our clan, It's our choice.

konstantinov
03-23-2015, 10:27 AM
I don't buy it, that's my point. I said that to begin with on this thread. I only buy, sell, trade with certain people I trust. Never said everybody should give stuff away, just that's how we do it in our clan, It's our choice.

Seems like you're playing Devil's Advocate here.

Niner82
03-23-2015, 11:12 AM
Seems like you're playing Devil's Advocate here.
Guess it's against Defiance religion to voice your opinion. If I was that I would be worth millions of monopoly money A.K.A scrip. I'm done, I will do things my way, you do things your way. Love how people lay and wait to try and tick people off on these forums because they voice their opinion.

DeMoNofDEATH
03-23-2015, 03:38 PM
I turned down 12 million 5 months or so ago for my triple damage double reload 2 T4(stock and mag) 2 T5(barrel and sight for dammage and velocity)prepared big boomer cause I like to have a chance at winning in PVP and it is fantastic on motherlode at clearing out 99'ers and that big ugly boss at the end.Drop a damage spike and overcharge he's toasted in no time.

I believe it may have increased in value since the new roll system came into effect and will only continue to increase if I am not mistaken.

But either way I wouldnt sell it for a hundred million.

Kon is not part of the problem here, I have traded with him, sold to him and asked for his opinion on weapons I have aquired in the past and he's always been pleasant to deal with.

I've been playing two years, spent nearly a thousand bucks on PSN cards on bits and lockboxes, bought inventory slots to hold all the stuff i pickup and vendor to make scrip. and I come on the forums and try to negociate trades,make contacts, buy sell items, watch zone, pickup good deals, sell when people are looking for certain mods or weapons unload them at premium.(depending to whom and their attitude when i speak to them)

Friendly people get a lot more from me than people who demand things and act childish because I'm not interested in a blaster for a X3 boomer (like Kon's situation for example) and go blast you on zone.

The people who are complaining about the economy the most generally speaking are the F2P people if I am not mistaken or people who are just not as invested or as dedicated to this as some of us yet they want the same things. I dont see how that is fair.

They just want to start playing for a month and have everything we do.

I'm sorry, if the world was like that you wouldnt need a visa card.

Play for two years, make your first million scrip then make your first five million. then spend it.

(fyi it doesnt take two years to make a million scrip)

konstantinov
03-23-2015, 05:54 PM
I turned down 12 million 5 months or so ago for my triple damage double reload 2 T4(stock and mag) 2 T5(barrel and sight for dammage and velocity)prepared big boomer cause I like to have a chance at winning in PVP and it is fantastic on motherlode at clearing out 99'ers and that big ugly boss at the end.Drop a damage spike and overcharge he's toasted in no time.

I believe it may have increased in value since the new roll system came into effect and will only continue to increase if I am not mistaken.

Kon is not part of the problem here, I have traded with him, sold to him and asked for his opinion on weapons I have aquired in the past and he's always been pleasant to deal with.

I've been playing two years, spent nearly a thousand bucks on PSN cards on bits and lockboxes, bought inventory slots to hold all the stuff i pickup and vendor to make scrip. and I come on the forums and try to negociate trades,make contacts, buy sell items, watch zone, pickup good deals, sell when people are looking for certain mods or weapons unload them at premium.(depending to whom and their attitude when i speak to them)

Friendly people get a lot more from me than people who demand things and act childish because I'm not interested in a blaster for a X3 boomer (like Kon's situation for example) and go blast you on zone.

The people who are complaining about the economy the most generally speaking are the F2P people if I am not mistaken or people who are just not as invested or as dedicated to this as some of us yet they want the same things. I dont see how that is fair.

Play for two years, make your first million scrip then make your first five million. then spend it.

When I turned down the 20 mil scrip plus a GA and a bunch of other stuff people just said I was being greedy. It's not about the money or emptying out someone's inventory it's about getting the item im looking for. So if that makes me a bad guy then I can live with that.

The people that actually know me and deal with me will tell you otherwise from all the people that make accusations about me.

ShatterST4R
03-23-2015, 06:14 PM
I agree. The hardest part is to make your first million.. I've played two months and only spent 30$ on game and have over 60 mill. Its just dedication, patience and maintaining a good attitude and player reputation.

satirized
03-23-2015, 06:24 PM
When I turned down the 20 mil scrip plus a GA and a bunch of other stuff people just said I was being greedy. It's not about the money or emptying out someone's inventory it's about getting the item im looking for. So if that makes me a bad guy then I can live with that.

The people that actually know me and deal with me will tell you otherwise from all the people that make accusations about me.

Pretty much, if someone offers me scrip for one of my trade only items, I will deny every offer.

konstantinov
03-23-2015, 06:31 PM
Pretty much, if someone offers me scrip for one of my trade only items, I will deny every offer.

The people that chastise you for not taking the crazy offer are usually the ones that would or see if someone else would top it.

Niner82
03-23-2015, 06:42 PM

I have spent several hundreds of dollars on bits and lockboxes to get what I want. The rest I Grinded hours and hours to get. Bought the game long before f2p. Have had millions of scrip. We just do things different in my clan, end of story. Don't think your better because you spent 2 years on this game, I ran an organized clan on Warface before this game. I know how things work in a game economy. Spent several hundreds of dollars on that game too just to see them shut it down because of not enough new players. Without new players this game would share the same fate. Not all new players are the same, so don't be stereotyping all of us because of your bad experiences.

konstantinov
03-23-2015, 06:52 PM
I have spent several hundreds of dollars on bits and lockboxes to get what I want. The rest I Grinded hours and hours to get. Bought the game long before f2p. Have had millions of scrip. We just do things different in my clan, end of story. Don't think your better because you spent 2 years on this game, I ran an organized clan on Warface before this game. I know how things work in a game economy. Spent several hundreds of dollars on that game too just to see them shut it down because of not enough new players. Without new players this game would share the same fate. Not all new players are the same, so don't be stereotyping all of us because of your bad experiences.

Every game has a different economy though. You're in the minority then.

Kudos.

Niner82
03-23-2015, 07:12 PM
Every game has a different economy though. You're in the minority then.

Kudos.
lol there is always people who think they are better. Time doesn't matter, smarts do. I have everything I want in this game, I know how to get things without paying millions. Only took me 5 months to learn the economy on xbox. Have fun with your minority theory. Not all new players are little kiddos looking to goof around.

konstantinov
03-23-2015, 07:15 PM
lol there is always people who think they are better. Time doesn't matter, smarts do. I have everything I want in this game, I know how to get things without paying millions. Only took me 5 months to learn the economy on xbox. Have fun with your minority theory. Not all new players are little kiddos looking to goof around.

Whenever a game is anything but fun you need to find a new game or something better to do with your time.

Niner82
03-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Whenever a game is anything but fun you need to find a new game or something better to do with your time.
Have fun all the time, with the right people. Telling me to find something better to do with my time. Guess I could hang out on forums and tell other players they aren't as cool as me, like you, lol. Have fun with that I'm done playing games dude.

konstantinov
03-23-2015, 07:26 PM
Have fun all the time, with the right people. Telling me to find something better to do with my time. Guess I could hang out on forums and tell other players they aren't as cool as me, like you, lol. Have fun with that I'm done playing games dude.

You're getting awfully defensive over nothing. If you can find where I said "Niner82, I'm cooler than you" then I owe you an apology. That horse is starting to look pretty unsteady way up there in the clouds.

Razar2380
03-23-2015, 08:21 PM
I have only been playing for a few months, and between my two characters, I have a little over 1 million scrip just from selling the stuff I don't need.

To be honest, I am not worried about making another million. I am just having fun playing the game, and enjoying a game that is not trying to force players to buy power creep. I can hop in, play multiple characters, and not even have to care that I don't have a main, or alt.

To me, scrip is just fake money that will do the same thing that Monopoly money will do. When this game eventually dies (as all MMOs will eventually do), that money will not be worth anything. It will fade into nothing as the last server shuts down.

I am not saying that my way of thinking is any better than anyone else. It is just the way I see it. And if I had something that I want to sell, and I can make a lot of scrip off of it, I will. I have had someone offer 1.5 million for a SMG I had that was 181 EGO, and was doing better than the stuff I had at 600 EGO.

I didn't sell it just because...well...I was using it. lol.

But, I say each person will look at the game their own way, and will have their own opinion on how the economy should be run. I don't expect that I will change someone else opinion on it, nor will I try.

Defiance is a game, so I am just here to have fun playing, and doing what I can to make new friends in the game.

Being disabled, and unable to move around, games are my outlet to meet others. So, as long as we are having fun, I say keep on, keeping on. Play the way you want, play the way you feel, and only deal with those you want to.

I hope that I didn't offend anyone with how I worded anything. I am not always the best at getting across what I am trying to, and may word things in a way that doesn't make my intentions clear.

Have fun, and happy gaming.

Razar.

Niner82
03-24-2015, 11:43 AM
You're getting awfully defensive over nothing. If you can find where I said "Niner82, I'm cooler than you" then I owe you an apology. That horse is starting to look pretty unsteady way up there in the clouds.
I ride with the Four Horseman Of The Apocalypse. }:|

konstantinov
03-24-2015, 12:22 PM
I ride with the Four Horseman Of The Apocalypse. }:|

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

^
Ric Flair

Niner82
03-24-2015, 03:56 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

^
Ric Flair
Would rather deliver some Sweet Chin Music.

konstantinov
03-24-2015, 03:59 PM
Would rather deliver some Sweet Chin Music.

Wife beater.

Niner82
03-24-2015, 04:13 PM
Wife beater.
Me, not hardly. Happily married. Was just throwing out some more wrestling slang. Was more of a Stone Cold fan.

EvilAg3nt
03-24-2015, 04:14 PM
Stone Cold n the Rock,FtW ;)

Niner82
03-24-2015, 04:17 PM
Stone Cold n the Rock,FtW ;)
Rock is a better actor.

konstantinov
03-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Rock is a better actor.

Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels were both arrested on domestic violence charges.

Niner82
03-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels were both arrested on domestic violence charges.
Don't care about their personal lives. Liked it when they actually wrestled back in the day. To much like a Soap Opera for everybody anymore.

DeMoNofDEATH
03-24-2015, 04:31 PM

Where did I say I had a bad experience? Can you read things I can't cause I read and re read my statement and nowhere do i mention I've had a bad experience.

I mentioned Kon's experience but sir he and I are not the same person.

The only similarity we have is we are PS3 Na players.

Maybe that is where the confusion lies.

All im saying is I put in time an money for what i have, people who think it is fair that they can play for a month and have the same stuff and spend zero dollars seems somehow unfair in my opinion. But it is just that. My opinion.

If thats how things are going to be I wont spend a dime on bits if Trion is giving free handouts.

Seeing as you have bought bits clearly you must understand where I am coming from with this.
(and invested 2 plus years playing this lovely game which I still enjoy)

I have many new players in my clan, many are awesome. I am not stereotyping I believe this thread was on a subject ...... what was it....

oh yeah new players should content themselves to either use the guns they aquire or save their scrip and get the guns they want. Prices are Prices.(same as old players do)

Niner82
03-24-2015, 04:35 PM
Where did I say I had a bad experience? Can you read things I can't cause I read and re read my statement and nowhere do i mention I've had a bad experience.

Little late to the party there. Sounds like your butt hurt about something to me is all.

konstantinov
03-24-2015, 04:36 PM

All im saying is I put in time an money for what i have, people who think it is fair that they can play for a month and have the same stuff and spend zero dollars seems somehow unfair in my opinion. But it is just that. My opinion.

If thats how things are going to be I wont spend a dime on bits if Trion is giving free handouts.

Seeing as you have bought bits clearly you must understand where I am coming from with this.

Ps3 NA is significantly worse than xbox360 NA i can guarantee that.

Niner82
03-24-2015, 04:51 PM

I have many new players in my clan, many are awesome. I am not stereotyping I believe this thread was on a subject ...... what was it....

oh yeah new players should content themselves to either use the guns they aquire or save their scrip and get the guns they want. Prices are Prices.(same as old players do)
I see your point on the bits, but guns aren't free, you still have to grind or pay scrip to get what you want. Last event was a rip off because of numerous people getting the same gun two or three times. You still have to deal with the RING monster as far as that goes. I spent millions of scrip to get a Fates Kiss just to find out it sucked.

NUMB3RS
03-24-2015, 05:02 PM
If you are going by DPS as the value of a weapon, then a radiation cannoneer Quick shot blaster would be the most valuable gun in the game. It's DPS is over 106,000 points. Find one and use it. See how valuable it is after a few Arkfalls, PVP matches, and Warmaster events.( WARNING, keep an ammo box nearby and have lots of ammo spikes).

Value is dictated by people not spreadsheets.

Ray8888
03-24-2015, 05:13 PM
Little late to the party there. Sounds like your butt hurt about something to me is all.

Kettle... Youre black.

Dixie Cougar
03-24-2015, 05:15 PM
If you are going by DPS as the value of a weapon, then a radiation cannoneer Quick shot blaster would be the most valuable gun in the game. It's DPS is over 106,000 points. Find one and use it. See how valuable it is after a few Arkfalls, PVP matches, and Warmaster events.( WARNING, keep an ammo box nearby and have lots of ammo spikes).

Wait, is a guy named numbers telling me this?

ARB82
03-24-2015, 05:16 PM
As nice as that as is to hear, I still feel there's a rule for low balling but not asking millions. I have no issue with someone telling me I've made a crappy offer, that's how I learn its too low. My point was that I get flamed for it afterwards and get grief for it.

Niner82
03-24-2015, 05:17 PM
Kettle... Youre black.
OMG! It's Sting coming to the party.

konstantinov
03-24-2015, 05:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg

Niner82
03-24-2015, 05:25 PM
As nice as that as is to hear, I still feel there's a rule for low balling but not asking millions. I have no issue with someone telling me I've made a crappy offer, that's how I learn its too low. My point was that I get flamed for it afterwards and get grief for it.
Exactly, Trial By Error.

Ray8888
03-24-2015, 05:37 PM
Last night a kid wanted to buy Purp nades and I said I would rather trade. He proceeded to show me a bunch of crappy HB disruptors. I asked if he had any non-HB weapons and there was a pause. I started to feel bad, like maybe he didnt. Right as I was about to give them to him for free he responds "Youre over 5000 EGO you should just give them to me their worthless anyway".

At which I responded "Apparently not" and he bunny hopped away.

Major Crapshot
03-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Hmmm. Strangely, I have a sudden urge for a Slim Jim.

http://stewover.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/slim-jim.jpeg

Oh, YEAH!!!

BTW: Threadnaught!

Dixie Cougar
03-24-2015, 06:27 PM
Last night a kid wanted to buy Purp nades and I said I would rather trade. He proceeded to show me a bunch of crappy HB disruptors. I asked if he had any non-HB weapons and there was a pause. I started to feel bad, like maybe he didnt. Right as I was about to give them to him for free he responds "Youre over 5000 EGO you should just give them to me their worthless anyway".

At which I responded "Apparently not" and he bunny hopped away.

Exactly, I always give away free stuff to people who don't ask for it.

Niner82
03-24-2015, 06:44 PM
Hmmm. Strangely, I have a sudden urge for a Slim Jim.

http://stewover.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/slim-jim.jpeg

Oh, YEAH!!!

BTW: Threadnaught!
Now that was an awesome wrestler, Macho Man Randy Savage :)

satirized
03-24-2015, 07:41 PM

The QSB its a pure burst dps weapon. You also completely sacrifice mobility.

Its not really worth it after the DC-8's release.

Adage
03-24-2015, 08:11 PM

There's no reason to grief or flame over something like that. It's kind of depressing how many people think that people who know less than you are worth less than you.

konstantinov
03-24-2015, 08:19 PM
There's no reason to grief or flame over something like that. It's kind of depressing how many people think that people who know less than you are worth less than you.

It goes both ways. Some not all but some of the people that low ball go to zone chat to tell people that the seller is ripping people off. That's not always the case but in a majority of the cases newer players listen to other players in the same boat not the people that can/will educate them. It's a double edged sword.

Niner82
03-24-2015, 09:46 PM
It goes both ways. Some not all but some of the people that low ball go to zone chat to tell people that the seller is ripping people off. That's not always the case but in a majority of the cases newer players listen to other players in the same boat not the people that can/will educate them. It's a double edged sword.
It's like a Battle Royal, every bodies helping someone else til the last 2 are standing. Then one of them throws the other guy over the ropes and wins. Best to ignore Zone Chat, trade with people you know. People who know the game should just stick together, let the newbs that think they know everything duke it out. Been playing long enough to spot a scammer. Also been playing long enough to be patient and get good weapons cheaper instead of jumping at the first Unicorn I see and want.

konstantinov
03-25-2015, 03:13 AM
It's like a Battle Royal, every bodies helping someone else til the last 2 are standing. Then one of them throws the other guy over the ropes and wins. Best to ignore Zone Chat, trade with people you know. People who know the game should just stick together, let the newbs that think they know everything duke it out. Been playing long enough to spot a scammer. Also been playing long enough to be patient and get good weapons cheaper instead of jumping at the first Unicorn I see and want.

"Everybody hit somebody"

-semi pro

Niner82
03-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Let's Get Ready To Rumblllllllllllllle ! :)