PDA

View Full Version : Never many people ingame?

FlyingSaucerD
04-05-2013, 03:28 AM
I've noticed that whenever I'm ingame I rarely encounter other players, except for the occasional major Arkfall (50 at max i guess?) is that just me or is that just because somewhere there's a server spazzing out and hundreds upon hundreds of players can't connect?

smole321
04-05-2013, 03:31 AM
same for me i only pass the odd person on a quad bike or standing still in a town or a load at ark falls

Lazy
04-05-2013, 03:32 AM
It really depends on what time you go on.. During the day and late at night not as may people will be on as when it's around evening time. But generally the EU servers are reasonably busy most of the time.

Davisto
04-05-2013, 03:35 AM
It really depends on what time you go on.. During the day and late at night not as may people will be on as when it's around evening time. But generally the EU servers are reasonably busy most of the time.

this also a majority of people cant get on like me :( due to timed out etc but trion are trying :)

Derity
04-05-2013, 03:38 AM
Man yesterday I saw like 200 people at an Arkfall, it was insane.

C0d1esel
04-05-2013, 03:39 AM
I see people all the time and not just at ArkFalls. Lots of people tend to be in the areas of episode/main missions.

jellytotz
04-05-2013, 03:40 AM
I'm finding it quite busy, it isn't packed out that every corner you go there are 100 players there. This is due to their server infrastructure of using shards (one big server split into lots of little ones). I like it like that, at least I can do missions without being bombarded by a lot of players in the way and you also have the immersive aspect of travelling a lonely barren of a world.

Davisto
04-05-2013, 03:41 AM
Man yesterday I saw like 200 people at an Arkfall, it was insane.

this at the end of one fighting the matron it ended after 3 minutes lmao :)

FlyingSaucerD
04-05-2013, 03:47 AM
I'm finding it quite busy, it isn't packed out that every corner you go there are 100 players there. This is due to their server infrastructure of using shards (one big server split into lots of little ones). I like it like that, at least I can do missions without being bombarded by a lot of players in the way and you also have the immersive aspect of travelling a lonely barren of a world.

Shards eh? So is there a way to manually change to a different shard with more players? :3, thx for the info allready provided btw

mr nanou
04-05-2013, 03:54 AM
would someone please add me, no one seems to do anything together apart from arkfalls. thought mmos were a group thing.

xbox gt: Mr NaNoU
Scotland uk

jellytotz
04-05-2013, 03:57 AM
Shards eh? So is there a way to manually change to a different shard with more players? :3, thx for the info allready provided btw

No you can't mate, it's an automatic behind the scenes server programming technique. There aren't bigger ones anyways due to the shards being balanced out population wise. It's to stop over congestion on a server or a lack of players on a server.

Samurai UK
04-05-2013, 03:59 AM
I've actually been impressed by the amount of people I come across in the world. I'm sure numbers will thin out once the hype dies down and people start to spread out in levels etc. But on nearly every quest so far I've come across other people doing the same thing. Not to mention the insane Arkfalls.

On another note I love the way the game seems to dynamically team you up with people doing the same quest in the area. It means I'm genuinely happy when I find people already on my quest. Unlike in WoW or something where you'd basically have to wait your turn or steal their mob spawns if they didn't want to party up.

JBuddha
04-05-2013, 04:16 AM
Try doing Shadow war if you want to see lots of peeps, once it finishes they all spawn in the same area at least that what happened last one I did. Also too many people at Arkfalls is annoying.