PDA

View Full Version : Berserker shotgun

Dixie Cougar
03-19-2015, 09:23 PM
This thing needs a buff. IMO it should be a viable alternative to the grind fragger (more accurate, less dps, mag based reload) but it can't keep up.

I'd love to be able to actually use my Laying Goose in higher end content.

edit: The shooting mechanics of the gun are great, it's the raw dps that is lacking. Kind of like the blast rifle.

RKZX2
03-19-2015, 10:14 PM
it's a great shotty. best fire rate i have seen out of all the shotguns i have tried. but i agree. it is weak. in the meantime, i suggest looking for a VOT Fragger. i feel it's the best shotgun in the game. i have an oj one with fire nano with a 24 rd mag. i love it.

King Stud
03-19-2015, 10:19 PM
Seconded. I'm a fan of the idea that any weapon in Defiance should be viable depending on their rolls, but even with crit + double dmg rolls berserkers still output pitiful dps. I also like Dixie's idea of making the berserker fulfill the same niche but in a different way than the grind fragger. It would increase the variety of viable weps in the pool, which is never a bad thing.

On a side note, haars should also receive a dmg buff too. They take the same time to charge as particle ultimags, yet deal much less than ultimags with the same charge (ultimags deal 3x the dmg of haars if my latest tests are correct). And unlike their sniper counterparts, haars get more inaccurate the longer you charge them too, which is not a problem in itself, but it demonstrates that haars and ultimags can occupy the same niche but in different ways, much like berserker shotties & grind fraggers.

SilverWF
03-20-2015, 01:18 AM
Useless gun, don't take it.

Dixie Cougar
03-20-2015, 01:42 AM
Useless gun, don't take it.

That's exactly my point!

BOBIWAN86
03-20-2015, 03:18 AM
Agreed. Using and loving an Orejana, but would have loved to have been able to actually use a berserker shotgun, even with good rolls, that is insta-vendor due to the times i actually gave it a chance being... pitiful in DPS. XD

Mister Derpenhowser
03-20-2015, 03:54 AM
Doesn't the firerate compensate? I always assumed that was why the dmg per shot was so low. I picked up a bio one the other day but haven't got around to using it.

ShatterST4R
03-20-2015, 04:13 AM
If this got a buff.. I'd actually use my 40 mag cannoneer one.

SilverWF
03-20-2015, 04:53 AM
Doesn't the firerate compensate?

Absolutely not. It only has a little more ROF than VOT Fragger but 2 times lower damage per shot. Even more accuracy doesn't help - i.e. my Volge Breacher with Rolling Thunder synergy is a true beast.