PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Developer Q&A: March 23

CM Kiwibird
03-23-2015, 01:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SChgGXx.gif (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/03/23/defiance-developer-qa-march-23/)

Welcome, ark hunters! Youíve asked, weíre answering. Weíre back with another action packed Defiance Developer Q&A! Make sure to keep an eye out for the next question collection thread on our official forums this week!

WhiteStrike: Will Echelon rep get a use in the near future?

The goal is to revisit each reputation vendor and update them over time. We are starting this with the Defiant Few. With the coming Armistice update we are updating the Defiant Few Supply Crate with Mark II versions of the existing guns. For fans of the existing Defiant Few guns they will remain in a Legacy box.

beerninja: When can we expect a buff on Cerberus collision damage? Increasing the raw collision damage seems like it would be easier than fixing the broken vehicle scaling and would be a good temporary fix.

You are correct, vehicle damage on the Cerberus is a bit out of wack. We will have to evaluate this as we look at this and other vehicles like the raptor which moves slower than it should (which ends up not very fun for a party vehicle).

Adage: Are there any plans to tone down the vfx on weapons like the Protector BMG, Crimefighter, Bloodhound, etc?

Itís on the list to look at to see what we can do that wonít negate the messaging of the actual damage radius. The BMG is little trickier to address at this moment.

Chris Robet: Are we ever going to get more mutant animals like Pows?

Sorry Chris at this exact moment there no plans for pow like animals that are passive in the environment. Maybe we can do something in the future, a churkey?

Holy Bahamut3: Will we ever be given the opportunity to add nanos to our blade weapons?

With the way the data structure is set up for the blades itís pretty difficult to have nanos on them without breaking them in other ways. So for now we will let them be.

Fedbox: will we ever get another use for ark salvage (like rerolling nanos or synergy)

Currently we do not have plans to use ark salvage for the ideas you mentioned, though we can consider those concepts as we bounce ideas around internally.

Chocolatelover67: Will there be new game content / missions outside of the Alcatraz update?

For Alcatraz the main content will be in the form of expeditions. We are currently looking in what form the to other content updates will be like over the next year. Being a massive online game with other players I would favor towards making content that matches that format, but do understand the desire to explore some aspects solo. Iíll see what kind of balance we can strike.

Wolfknyte: I donít like that you have to PvP in order to get Max EGO, as it holds no real interest for me. Has this been addressed? Will it be fixed or changed in the future? (Selected because itís a chance to talk about how not-PvP things are being added)

With the Alcatraz Update there will be a few more Pursuits to add to your total EGO that are not PvP related, we do plan to add a few more Pursuits as we add more expedition updates.

Xellia: In the quick menu for clan members- Can the officers/leaders be bumped to the top of the list so everyone can get to clan events easier?

That might be something we can take a look at, I do know that in large clans such as the one you are in, it does get a bit difficult to find other players in your clan.

Nefarious: Why is it that every time I exit my vehicle my toon does a side flip animation to get out of it? It used to be that they would step out like normal ppl. Why they always flip now?

Yup youíre right, I just tried it. I guess I havenít noticed that since Iíve been rolling with a quad for a bit, or jumping out mid air into an encounter when Iím in another vehicle. Iíll see if we can find a quick fix, if not it may take us some time to get to the root of this.

Read the article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/03/23/defiance-developer-qa-march-23/)

Chris Robet
03-23-2015, 01:50 PM
I'm sad that there are no new animals in making but one must always look to the future. (By the way what's a churkey? Chimp Turkey?)

Sliverbaer
03-23-2015, 02:01 PM
What's a churkey? Chimp Turkey?

Chicken+Turkey - seems the only reference was on the SyFy Defiance tumbler?

http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Category:Animals

Dixie Cougar
03-23-2015, 02:02 PM
How unfortunate. 20 million ark salvage here we come.

And it's been like 2-3 months since we got some hint the BMGs would get looked at, this makes it sound like that hasn't started yet. Sigh. Can we just get an option to turn that stuff off or something?? BMG spammers are a plague.

EvilAg3nt
03-23-2015, 05:07 PM
Wolfknyte: I donít like that you have to PvP in order to get Max EGO, as it holds no real interest for me. Has this been addressed? Will it be fixed or changed in the future? (Selected because itís a chance to talk about how not-PvP things are being added)

With the Alcatraz Update there will be a few more Pursuits to add to your total EGO that are not PvP related, we do plan to add a few more Pursuits as we add more expedition updates.

Can we get a more Definitive answer as to the Requirements Pvp for max ego? :confused:
i too,didnt buy this game to play Against other players,i bought it to play With other players.
looking at the back cover,it still advertises PVE,not pvp.
just wondering if you will address this,as im likely never going to play pvp on this game.
thanks.

KILLSHOT707
03-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Can we get a more Definitive answer as to the Requirements Pvp for max ego? :confused:
i too,didnt buy this game to play Against other players,i bought it to play With other players.
looking at the back cover,it still advertises PVE,not pvp.
just wondering if you will address this,as im likely never going to play pvp on this game.
thanks.

Even with Alcatraz (75 ego) you will still need PVP.......

KILLSHOT707
03-23-2015, 05:56 PM
"Adage: Are there any plans to tone down the vfx on weapons like the Protector BMG, Crimefighter, Bloodhound, etc?
Itís on the list to look at to see what we can do that wonít negate the messaging of the actual damage radius. The BMG is little trickier to address at this moment."

CF lag in co op's and the War Master is a joke. Solid BMG trails all over a major event is hideous. That list has been around for awhile now. So I guess doing a flip getting out of the car will get fixed before quality game play......

Mister Derpenhowser
03-24-2015, 01:19 AM
How unfortunate. 20 million ark salvage here we come.

And it's been like 2-3 months since we got some hint the BMGs would get looked at, this makes it sound like that hasn't started yet. Sigh. Can we just get an option to turn that stuff off or something?? BMG spammers are a plague.

Probably waiting for us to forget so they can charge us for the pleasure of being unburdened & unblinded in the future. 1HR per hour...

Mister Derpenhowser
03-24-2015, 01:24 AM
Looking forward to Raptor speed boost! Btw you still get in and out of Raptors normally so that might help you guys fix the rolling in and out of other cars thingy faster.

SilverWF
03-24-2015, 01:43 AM
Adage: Are there any plans to tone down the vfx on weapons like the Protector BMG, Crimefighter, Bloodhound, etc?

It’s on the list to look at to see what we can do that won’t negate the messaging of the actual damage radius. The BMG is little trickier to address at this moment.

There is something that MUST be done.
Blue lights are extremely harmful for our eyes!

anemic crowd
03-24-2015, 03:47 AM
There are far worse things in this game that are broken than getting out of a car doing a somersault...perhaps the constant dc-ing during events should be looked into or sword glitching in pvp or 10000 other things.

Alex leigh
03-24-2015, 05:01 AM
Will we ever be able to get a flame thrower to give them smelters some pay back? That would be nice.

WhiteStrike
03-24-2015, 06:20 AM
Will we ever be able to get a flame thrower to give them smelters some pay back? That would be nice.
It would be a lagthrower.

FastFordsForever
03-24-2015, 06:22 AM
I get that people don't like PVP, but to want max ego without it? No guts no glory! If you want it, get in there and take it!

Thorax The Dark
03-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Hello, Just wondering if we can see an update to the Social Tab Interface. Currently the friends list menu does not work properly ( when you put cursor over names and press A , the options for invites etc disappear), and there is no option to jump to clan mates from the clan menu, the clan menu has difficulties navigating through names etc. Thank you

Donk
03-24-2015, 09:03 AM
[QUOTE=Dixie Cougar;1728401]How unfortunate. 20 million ark salvage here we come.
[QUOTE]

Heck, Well past that. Looks impressive on the currency screen just not a hell of a lot to do with it. :)

Ker Splatt
03-24-2015, 09:04 AM

Try out the 'Northstar Flare' on Smelters - Burn, baby burn! :cool:

Holy Bahamut3
03-24-2015, 09:15 AM
Disappointing, but understandable. I'm hoping its an issue that can be solved eventually.

nate van
03-24-2015, 10:05 AM
I think that by letting people get to cap with out PVP is a huge mistake. No matter what you will have people upset because they are not good at 1 aspect or another of this gme . Being at cap is not a given it is an achievement one that means something in this game. If you make it to where every one can be at cap with minimal effort what is there to strive for. The ego system is set up so that in order to reach the highest ego you have to fully experience the entire game. I did not like the races they were hard for me, very hard I had to do some of them 200+ times but did you see me on the forms demanding trion to give me more pursuits so I could cap with out doing them? Trion don't make the mistake so many other dead mmo's have made in the past and make this game to easy. Do not let the thousands and thousands of hours your programmers devoted to the pvp system just get skipped by and over looked because a few FTP people find it to challenging.

Fallen_Aingeal
03-24-2015, 10:36 AM
I think that by letting people get to cap with out PVP is a huge mistake. No matter what you will have people upset because they are not good at 1 aspect or another of this gme . Being at cap is not a given it is an achievement one that means something in this game. If you make it to where every one can be at cap with minimal effort what is there to strive for. The ego system is set up so that in order to reach the highest ego you have to fully experience the entire game. I did not like the races they were hard for me, very hard I had to do some of them 200+ times but did you see me on the forms demanding trion to give me more pursuits so I could cap with out doing them? Trion don't make the mistake so many other dead mmo's have made in the past and make this game to easy. Do not let the thousands and thousands of hours your programmers devoted to the pvp system just get skipped by and over looked because a few FTP people find it to challenging.

Agree. With all of this....JS

Alex leigh
03-24-2015, 10:41 AM
Try out the 'Northstar Flare' on Smelters - Burn, baby burn! :cool:

Yea, that would work. But a flame thrower could be made just like a BMG with continuous burn.

Dixie Cougar
03-24-2015, 11:37 AM
PvP and races should not be required for max level as the vast majority of players have no interest in either one. They turn the game into a job. Most of us are just afk'ing or boosting the pvp pursuits anyhow, because we don't care. I actively encourage clanmates to boost them, in fact, so they can stop worrying about a part of the game that is irrelevant to them and get back to playing the actual game with the rest of us. I used an infector and a boomer to get my pvp pursuits (or at least enough to max ego) and laughed at everyone who accused me of unfair play, because I don't care, I'm only here for the pursuits. Go do your thing and have fun with it, I have friends who do it too, but don't insist on dragging the rest of us into it just to validate your past grinding.

I'm max level, and I still think it's asinine. Nearly everyone who isn't max ego also gripes about it and they're RIGHT. This is a PvE game and the level structure should reflect that. PvP and races are the foosball table and the racing arcade in the break room, a few people can have a blast playing it for hours but it has nothing to do with the rest of the game.

In fact I wouldn't object to them removing the races entirely and simply giving everyone the completions, black Challenger and all. They're powshtako. Having races count for leveling in this game is like going into the DMV and being forced to do pull-ups or bench 300lbs to get your license renewed, or going into a job interview to be a bankteller and being asked esoteric questions about 18th century Russian literature. The people crying "entitled" in this case are really pointing to themselves and saying "selfish." They had to suffer through a lousy system, therefore it should stay in place because this game is all about THEM and whatever illusory exclusive prestige they think they've accumulated.

I've seen players quit or lose interest in the game over the presence of pvp and races in the progression system. Certainly there are a significant number of players for whom pvp has become a primary interest, to be sure, but ego progression had nothing to do with it. I've also never seen anyone stay in the game to run time trials over and over. While the presence of these gameplay elements is not bad in and of itself, the necessity of touching them for pursuits most certainly is.

kgersen
03-24-2015, 01:45 PM
PvP and races should not be required for max level as the vast majority of players have no interest in either one. They turn the game into a job. Most of us are just afk'ing or boosting the pvp pursuits anyhow, because we don't care. I actively encourage clanmates to boost them, in fact, so they can stop worrying about a part of the game that is irrelevant to them and get back to playing the actual game with the rest of us. I used an infector and a boomer to get my pvp pursuits (or at least enough to max ego) and laughed at everyone who accused me of unfair play, because I don't care, I'm only here for the pursuits. Go do your thing and have fun with it, I have friends who do it too, but don't insist on dragging the rest of us into it just to validate your past grinding.

I'm max level, and I still think it's asinine. Nearly everyone who isn't max ego also gripes about it and they're RIGHT. This is a PvE game and the level structure should reflect that. PvP and races are the foosball table and the racing arcade in the break room, a few people can have a blast playing it for hours but it has nothing to do with the rest of the game.

In fact I wouldn't object to them removing the races entirely and simply giving everyone the completions, black Challenger and all. They're powshtako. Having races count for leveling in this game is like going into the DMV and being forced to do pull-ups or bench 300lbs to get your license renewed, or going into a job interview to be a bankteller and being asked esoteric questions about 18th century Russian literature. The people crying "entitled" in this case are really pointing to themselves and saying "selfish." They had to suffer through a lousy system, therefore it should stay in place because this game is all about THEM and whatever illusory exclusive prestige they think they've accumulated.

I've seen players quit or lose interest in the game over the presence of pvp and races in the progression system. Certainly there are a significant number of players for whom pvp has become a primary interest, to be sure, but ego progression had nothing to do with it. I've also never seen anyone stay in the game to run time trials over and over. While the presence of these gameplay elements is not bad in and of itself, the necessity of touching them for pursuits most certainly is.

Absolutely true, well said. I'm struggling with that myself. After two years on and off with this game, I'm finally close to the cap. To get there, it's either endure gold time trials or put fellow players out to help farm poorly conceived and implemented pvp pursuits. Or maybe it's better just to bail on the game entirely because these are just miserable to do and simply aren't worth it in a game that has plenty of issues even in the best circumstances.

I wouldn't at all mind doing either of those if they were reasonably executed and fun to do. But I have 50 hours of pvp in and zero turret kills. Why? Because I rarely see a Cerberus and when I do get fortunate enough to sit in one, a foe comes along, gives it a dirty look, and wrecks it. Time trials would actually be fun if you could focus on and enjoy the racing instead of constantly fighting lag induced RNG handling and the incredible bouncy levitating power of the Hannibal.

While I appreciate the time and effort people put into completing these, I would ask if you truly enjoyed them or just endured them? How many people complete the time trials then say or post "never again"? If you had to do a single race 200 times to get gold - is that really a sign of a challenge or a sign of poor implementation? A pro driver isn't going to take a piece of junk into the Indy 500 just because it's a challenge. He/she wants a good car that can do the job effectively - shouldn't you?

The attitude of "we did it, if you want it you should too.." all kind of reminds me of initiation rituals - people do strange things because they feel like the misery is worth the result and that they've somehow bettered themselves by doing something most others might consider worthless or idiotic. It can't be good for the long term health of any activity, let alone a video game, if 1 person in a 100 pats themselves on the back for "accomplishing" something while the other 99 walk away thinking "well that's a stupid way to spend my time".

FastFordsForever
03-24-2015, 02:20 PM
People will come up with all sorts of analogies and reasons to avoid undesirable tasks. Suck it up.

DeMoNofDEATH
03-24-2015, 02:27 PM

I second this if you want to be a max cap do what we all had to do.

please note im only at 5756 EGO-still working on turret kills and a few other things

you can still get high enough ego without PVP. Just not max.

Dixie Cougar
03-24-2015, 04:54 PM
People will come up with all sorts of analogies and reasons to avoid undesirable tasks. Suck it up.

Illiterate much? I've done my time, I simply don't think anyone else should have to suffer through the same nonsense.

I'm getting rather glad PvP is being neglected, keeps "my daddy beat the pulp out of me uphill both ways in the snow and i liked it" people doing something else.

Dixie Cougar
03-24-2015, 04:56 PM
Absolutely true, well said. I'm struggling with that myself. After two years on and off with this game, I'm finally close to the cap. To get there, it's either endure gold time trials or put fellow players out to help farm poorly conceived and implemented pvp pursuits. Or maybe it's better just to bail on the game entirely because these are just miserable to do and simply aren't worth it in a game that has plenty of issues even in the best circumstances.

I wouldn't at all mind doing either of those if they were reasonably executed and fun to do. But I have 50 hours of pvp in and zero turret kills. Why? Because I rarely see a Cerberus and when I do get fortunate enough to sit in one, a foe comes along, gives it a dirty look, and wrecks it. Time trials would actually be fun if you could focus on and enjoy the racing instead of constantly fighting lag induced RNG handling and the incredible bouncy levitating power of the Hannibal.

While I appreciate the time and effort people put into completing these, I would ask if you truly enjoyed them or just endured them? How many people complete the time trials then say or post "never again"? If you had to do a single race 200 times to get gold - is that really a sign of a challenge or a sign of poor implementation? A pro driver isn't going to take a piece of junk into the Indy 500 just because it's a challenge. He/she wants a good car that can do the job effectively - shouldn't you?

The attitude of "we did it, if you want it you should too.." all kind of reminds me of initiation rituals - people do strange things because they feel like the misery is worth the result and that they've somehow bettered themselves by doing something most others might consider worthless or idiotic. It can't be good for the long term health of any activity, let alone a video game, if 1 person in a 100 pats themselves on the back for "accomplishing" something while the other 99 walk away thinking "well that's a stupid way to spend my time".

This guy is the majority. This guy is the game's core audience. Listen to him.

Dixie Cougar
03-24-2015, 04:57 PM
I second this if you want to be a max cap do what we all had to do.

please note im only at 5756 EGO-still working on turret kills and a few other things

you can still get high enough ego without PVP. Just not max.

The soft cap of 5500 was perfect for defusing the pvp issue but now that they're making ego past that matter this issue is only going to get worse.

And you having had to suffer is no reason for anyone else to.

DeMoNofDEATH
03-24-2015, 04:58 PM
This guy is the majority. This guy is the game's core audience. Listen to him.

Yes Master

Claydough
03-24-2015, 05:37 PM

is that your defense? you have no interest in it?

no body is forcing you to be at the cap, there is no event that says "you must be 5900 ego to proceed". in fact not only that but the scaling also give 400 levels of grace to power levels giving you virtually the power of max level while still being 400 levels short of the cap.

so why is it you want that 5900? if you are just playing for fun, why cant you be satisfied with 5500 ego?

i bet you were one of the people that wanted to get rid of damage based scores, you know cause its too hard to beat good players...
this game is quickly loosing its drive. score at big events means nothing, loot at big events means nothing, grinding and 100% everything means nothing. people complain there is no end game here, but they really shoot themselves in the foot by removing any form of competition or achievement from the game? what next? not displaying kills and score in pvp?

Dixie Cougar
03-24-2015, 05:48 PM
is that your defense? you have no interest in it?

no body is forcing you to be at the cap, there is no event that says "you must be 5900 ego to proceed". in fact not only that but the scaling also give 400 levels of grace to power levels giving you virtually the power of max level while still being 400 levels short of the cap.

so why is it you want that 5900? if you are just playing for fun, why cant you be satisfied with 5500 ego?

i bet you were one of the people that wanted to get rid of damage based scores, you know cause its too hard to beat good players...
this game is quickly loosing its drive. score at big events means nothing, loot at big events means nothing, grinding and 100% everything means nothing. people complain there is no end game here, but they really shoot themselves in the foot by removing any form of competition or achievement from the game? what next? not displaying kills and score in pvp?

My defense? Are you illiterate too or just stuck in pvp chest thumper accusatory second person? I'm 5900 already (as I already mentioned twice), "you you you" means nothing to me. I'm not defending anything, least of all my ability to play the game.

F for reading comprehension.

Greg Gore
03-24-2015, 06:03 PM
I wanna chime in....lol.
I rarely play pvp. I decided to, in order to complete the game. Yes, leveling up is part of it. But completing a game (tasks/pursuits/achievements/etc.) is what I try to do. That being said, there are times that I wait for well over an hour for a capture game to get enough players to start. Sometimes I get thrown into a game right away, only to find out almost everyone, from the team I was on, quit. starting out down 6000 points and being 8 on 3 sucks. I agree on some of the pursuits tasks being ridiculous. I have only played a dozen or so games so far. But have yet to see more than one player in a vehicle. So the vehicle kill is absurd because those players who use cloak certainly aren't going to use a vehicle.

As for dev questions..... I seem to be having a problem with my volge bolt action sniper rifle from the arkbreak. seems to shoot "through" enemies without damaging them. Is it just me?
Also seem to server crash/disconnect a lot when I am in silicon valley. mostly around port Bruno during major arkfalls. Anyone Else?
why is it so hard to exit on screen chat at times.

Dixie Cougar
03-24-2015, 06:06 PM
As for dev questions..... I seem to be having a problem with my volge bolt action sniper rifle from the arkbreak. seems to shoot "through" enemies without damaging them. Is it just me?

(I agree with the rest of your post but snipped for length) This seems to be a common glitch, but I'm not sure of the steps to reproduce. Might be worth submitting a bug report anyway with the circumstances. I've heard of it many times. As for a workaround, I've heard jumping and firing as you land can help--haven't tried it myself to know for sure.

Adage
03-24-2015, 08:01 PM
As for a workaround, I've heard jumping and firing as you land can help--haven't tried it myself to know for sure.
That is either the greatest troll response ever for suggesting someone do the bunny hop with a sniper rifle to get it to work or the funniest bug I've ever heard of if that's actually what happens.

Dixie Cougar
03-24-2015, 08:35 PM
That is either the greatest troll response ever for suggesting someone do the bunny hop with a sniper rifle to get it to work or the funniest bug I've ever heard of if that's actually what happens.

Haha, no one of my clanmates who spends most of his time in PvP and really loves that gun said it in teamspeak a couple weeks ago. I don't recall how reliably it worked, or whether it was just a coincidence.

EvilAg3nt
03-24-2015, 11:16 PM
soo,i went to youtube n scoped all the trailers.
didnt even see a Hint of pve.
then i scoured my game case and the socalled manual.
Nowheres on it does it say that we Need pve to Finish the game.

so why did the devs feel it necessary to include a mode that everyone can get by simply playing Cod,or modern warfare,or halo,or Any of the Countless pve shooters Already out there!

esp when they marketed the game As a massive open world Co-op.
very confusing and i read Dixies posts and kgersens post and agree.
requiring people to do something they never even Intended to do,to reach the cap is kind of bogus.

i tried pve twice on this game,both times i came away with the impression it was a huge waste of time.
only high egos w great weapons survive.
the rest of us are cannon fodder.

why not create another Title or some kind of reward for these pve players and get Rid of the pve?
or at least make it non essential...
then they got something for their efforts,and the rest of us wont have to do that nonsense?

Mister Derpenhowser
03-25-2015, 12:53 AM
soo,i went to youtube n scoped all the trailers.
didnt even see a Hint of pve.
then i scoured my game case and the socalled manual.
Nowheres on it does it say that we Need pve to Finish the game.

so why did the devs feel it necessary to include a mode that everyone can get by simply playing Cod,or modern warfare,or halo,or Any of the Countless pve shooters Already out there!

esp when they marketed the game As a massive open world Co-op.
very confusing and i read Dixies posts and kgersens post and agree.
requiring people to do something they never even Intended to do,to reach the cap is kind of bogus.

i tried pve twice on this game,both times i came away with the impression it was a huge waste of time.
only high egos w great weapons survive.
the rest of us are cannon fodder.

why not create another Title or some kind of reward for these pve players and get Rid of the pve?
then they got something for their efforts,and the rest of us wont have to do that nonsense?

You don't even know the difference between pve & pvP. Wanna be max ego? Work for it. Simple as that

Chocolatelover67
03-25-2015, 02:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/SChgGXx.gif (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/03/23/defiance-developer-qa-march-23/)

Chocolatelover67: Will there be new game content / missions outside of the Alcatraz update?

For Alcatraz the main content will be in the form of expeditions. We are currently looking in what form the to other content updates will be like over the next year. Being a massive online game with other players I would favor towards making content that matches that format, but do understand the desire to explore some aspects solo. Iíll see what kind of balance we can strike.

Well missed this thread as I've been out and busy with stuff (life gets in the way sometimes) but nice my question did get an answer.

shorttie
03-25-2015, 04:01 AM
How about creating a way to phase change without having to jump to a clan mate or a person on your friends list.

FastFordsForever
03-25-2015, 04:23 AM
You don't even know the difference between pve & pvP. Wanna be max ego? Work for it. Simple as that

I have to admit, I don't hate the idea of compromise. You can probably expect a verbal thrashing from the Defiance Rush Limbaugh, lol

Fallen_Aingeal
03-25-2015, 04:44 PM
then they got something for their efforts,and the rest of us wont have to do that nonsense?Yes! Get rid of the PVE. The essential core of the game that caters to the majority! We don't need or want it!

Down with pve!

Down with pve!

/sarcasm finished

When I started the game{my first MMO}, I had no idea what pvp was. I accidently entered a Shadow War, not knowing what it was. Got annihilated. Learned to stay away until I figured out what it was. Did a bit of research. Joined a clan. Asked a shyte ton of questions. Tried a SW again. Didn't do nearly as poorly, but concluded at that time it didn't suit me or what I was looking for in the game.

For the better part of a year and a half I was one of the most vocal proponents against pvp on these forums. Swore I would never participate in it again. Chastised those that made it mandatory pursuit for leveling. I was set on never seeing the EGO cap{5k at that time} because of my adamant refusal to do pvp or the races.

All that went out the window when I met up with some folks that love pvp. They introduced me to the side of it I hadn't seen before. They recommended the best weapons for my play style. The ideal loadouts. I had a blast! I switched weapons. I switched loadouts. I've tried several different weapons. Now I spend 80% of my game time in pvp. I'm also 5900.

Now. I agree, it isn't for everyone. If you don't want to play, then don't play. But, don't expect to reap the rewards if you're unwilling to do what's required. The max EGO is attainable from completing x amount of pursuits. Either do them or don't. It's a pretty simple decision. Just don't bytch when you have reached your own created cap.

xXxDSMer
03-29-2015, 05:49 PM
"cf lag in coops"... I've been in coop, in tight hallways and whatnot, with FOUR people using CF at the same time, and never had an issue with "lag".

Warmaster, with 40+ people there, and several idiots using crimefighter - which is a horrible weapon to be trying to hit a moving ARM on a monkey lol... I have seen some graphical issues there, but that's with 40+ people.

Since many complain about the bouncy projectiles - I don't see why they don't just make the MK2 crimefighter explode on impact. Much like clustershot - except keep CF's semi auto charge up behavior. The arc of CS and CF is very close to the same so for those of us that generally tend to go for direct hits it wouldn't be much of a change, and CF MK2 would still be an explosive shotgun with nice reach. Instead of being yet another super short range virtually useless pellet gun.