PDA

View Full Version : server update notifications

GazzaT73
04-05-2013, 04:20 AM
I know the developers read a lot of these posts, especially the big ones so if you agree please comment below, but would love a clearer notification of server statuses.

Seen loads of posts this,morning asking about time outs/down time/etc. Would be fantastic if there was a simple traffic light kind of system at the top of the defiance home page like many other online systems have, listing differnet dragons/platforms and wether they are currently avaliable, updated real time.

I know that it says on Twitter that the servers were off about 5hours ago, but the info is not easy to find, and leads to people just asking are they back on yet since there in no ETA or anything. Where they can't give one the above system would be great as people wouldn't have to keep asking if they are back up or not.

I'm not winging about them being down or anything, it's a bit fustrating yea, but I have other games I can go on, it's just the buried info that should be clearer would be great!

What do you all think?

JBuddha
04-05-2013, 04:21 AM
Go play some other games or workout or go out, its frustrating because its a tad addictive is dis game!!

GazzaT73
04-05-2013, 04:30 AM
Like I said, got plenty to keep busy with but would be great a nice easy way to check so people dont have to mess trying to get on and can see easily if the servers are down before trying.

Scarabrae
04-05-2013, 04:32 AM
The quiet is ominous, the devs are usually on the ball when it comes to alerting us on server outages, and this is a big one!

loken
04-05-2013, 04:33 AM
i would much prefer the server status be displayed on the title screen of the game, why should i HAVE to visit a website for that information.

Nerdy Ryuu
04-05-2013, 04:35 AM
Its 4am the morning over in usa, so maybe trion is sleep? But yeah something on the game tittle screen would be better to have,

GazzaT73
04-05-2013, 04:43 AM
i would much prefer the server status be displayed on the title screen of the game, why should i HAVE to visit a website for that information.

This would be even better, but obviously require a,big game update again which they already seem to be having issues with, so the website would be just a good start, but yea, like your idea!

BamaGlock
04-05-2013, 04:48 AM
Besides, this is the first game I have played where executive producer has come out daily syaing sorry, hang in there, and we are doing everything we can to get game running smoothly. That in itself is enough right now for me to be patient for now. I have a lot of repect for Trion to step out on limb with consoles and try to give us something better than the norm. If it fails at least they tried, I would be mad and let down and feel somewhat ripped off. But for now I feel they are being the best company around for the amount of communication we are getting.

BamaGlock
04-05-2013, 04:52 AM
Sorry, first post did not go through. Just agreed with OP and the title screen server status, and said in future phone app would be nice, but for now am just trying to be patient since I think that keeping servers stable and running requires their immediate attention.

GazzaT73
04-05-2013, 05:27 AM
Haha, typical when I've been off all morning ther servers went back online just as I set off for work! Well, hopefully I will get on after the weekend is over since the only free times I've had to go on have been and gone and still not managed to create a character yet. Wonder how the weekend will go and if will be worse with increased number of users online?

GazzaT73
04-05-2013, 05:31 AM
But for now I feel they are being the best company around for the amount of communication we are getting.

Also couldn't agree more with this. Complete oposite of customer service for black ops on vita, where aparently the company have said the problem lies with EVERYONE ELSE'S internet and not their game when it comes to nearly all uses having crash errors and disconnects, haha