PDA

View Full Version : Characters between systems?

warthog155
02-10-2013, 12:25 PM
I've been playing the beta on my pc and have realized that my computer just can't handle it. It's not a shooter kind of computer and I'd rather play it on my PS3 where I'm more comfortable with the controls. My question is I've been playing with my character on pc for a bit and I was wondering if when the PS3 version comes up, will I be able to log on with my pc profile, onto my playstation and still have my computer character on my playstation?

Dead_Phoenix
02-10-2013, 12:47 PM
I've been playing the beta on my pc and have realized that my computer just can't handle it. It's not a shooter kind of computer and I'd rather play it on my PS3 where I'm more comfortable with the controls. My question is I've been playing with my character on pc for a bit and I was wondering if when the PS3 version comes up, will I be able to log on with my pc profile, onto my playstation and still have my computer character on my playstation?

all characters and profiles get wiped each beta anyway so i wouldnt worry.

warthog155
02-10-2013, 01:58 PM
oh so no characters will be carried over from beta?

DarkStar
02-10-2013, 02:04 PM
I don't mind my character getting wiped and starting over because I've learned a lot and have been wasting resources and stuff to see how everything works. But it would still be able to have one character and play on both my Xbox at home and laptop when I'm away from home. I would definitely get thegame for pc too then.

Primus Palus
02-10-2013, 03:20 PM

No. They might do an Open Beta where they wont wipe... who knows. We'll see.

Dead_Phoenix
02-10-2013, 03:38 PM

pretty much. we dont know anything about the later stages, like if there will be an open beta. or if there will be name reserve if done.

but i can bet my bottom that all stats will reset at launch at least.

Rokkrwolf
02-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Most betas, even closed betas, always do a wipe after they are over to ensure there is no duped items, glitched items, glitched characters, false stats, and many other issues, it's basically to ensure everything is a clean slate and working properly. As far as carrying characters cross platform I would highly doubt it, it could be possible but I don't think Trion wants to take the time to move them and I doubt the Console companies would be ok with it.

DarkStar
02-12-2013, 10:07 AM
They could offer character transfer as a paid service, some MMOs offer transfers. Not sure if the data coding would be different between platforms. I know I'd still like to have the same character on both Xbox and PC back and forth but I do agree that it would be doubtful.