PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Developer Q&A: March 27

CM Kiwibird
03-27-2015, 07:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SChgGXx.gif (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/03/27/defiance-developer-qa-march-27/)

Welcome, ark hunters! You’ve asked, we’re answering. We’re back with another action packed Defiance Developer Q&A! Make sure to keep an eye out for the next question collection thread on our official forums next week!

Chris Robet: Can we add new sword abilities?

We are currently looking in to adding nano mods to swords. It’s a little complicated with the existing color mods, but we hope to come up with something soon. As for specific effects and abilities we will have to look into nano mods first before we can experiment further.

Anemic crowd: What synergy is the next event going to be?

The Armistice Festival will have weapons that will give synergies from their respective Arkfall Events.

Hulker Hell Arkfall Event & Blackened Hellfire Supply Crate will have the Synergy “The Purge”
New Frontier Harvest Arkfall Event & Cornucopia Supply Crate will have the Synergy “Plate Slicer”
Solstice Strike Arkfall Event & Radiant Solstice Supply Crate will have the Synergy “Saturnalia”
Colony Courtship Arkfall Event & Heartbreaker Supply Crate will have the Synergy “Heartbreaker”

Bentu: Can you add an indicator to a downed player that tells others around them if they have a self revival available?

That sounds pretty interesting we will look into how easy or difficult this will be to implement.

Graywolfe: Can we start getting T4 mods of each syn as the random specials at the vendors?

For the time being we will leave the system as it is now. We may revisit the vendor specials in the future, for the time being we are looking into the reputation vendors first.

Fedbox: Will there ever be new cars?

We need to tweak some of the existing vehicles first, after that we may start looking in to new vehicles.

Tex_Arcana: Are major Scrapper/Dark Matter/Hellbug Arkfalls going to get better value for participation? At present they are not worth attending except for pursuit completions.

For the immediate time frame they will remain as is. I have been thinking about adding some new pursuits related to these events.

TNO: With the way the Threat Level system is working it feels like we are getting penalized for playing in groups. This becomes particularly apparent when doing contracts at Conflict Sites. Is this something that is troubling you and does your team intend to look into it?

With the Alcatraz update there was a general scaling change that should ease some of the level spikes we were all experiencing with threat level scaling. You can test out some of these changes on PTS if you are on PC.

Claydough: Can we please get the option to increase the amount of load outs with the alcatraz update?

We currently do not have any immediate plans to increase the amount of load outs a character has. We may revisit this in the future as we add more types of gameplay that may require a new loadout.

Ruvo: If you make it to where reviving a fallen ally removes yourself rev, then there is zero incentive to stop and help a fallen ally. Would it not be easier and more beneficial to limit the amount of revives available to each player to one or two per expedition, then require resources to revive beyond that point to make it challenging yet encourage team play for those of us who enjoy helping our fellow players? One of my ego perks is a 45% recharge to myself revive for reviving an ally. Does this negate that as well?

Many players were asking for more challenging group content something that wasn’t a walk in the park, a challenge that also included a real death penalty. We listened to the players and are releasing this content in the form of expeditions. The difficulty of Expeditions should be tuned as to which you will want to revive your fellow group member to survive the encounters. If you want to succeed in Expeditions, you’ll need their gun by your side. During the development process we considered existing builds available to the players via EGO perks. We also made a new rare synergy, “heartbreaker” which grants a 2% recharge to your self revive on an enemy kill. This synergy was available to players who participated in the Valentine’s Event and there will be chance to get this rare Synergy as part of the upcoming Armistice Festival event coming up next week. As for the EGO perk “Turn the Tide”, it still works in Expeditions. With the "Turn the Tide” EGO perk equipped during an expedition, when you revive your fellow group member you will have your revive charge start at 45% instead of 0%.

Read the article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2015/03/27/defiance-developer-qa-march-27/)

Graywolfe
03-28-2015, 05:33 PM
Well thank you for at least thinking about it. With the reputation vendors have you considered adding other lockboxes to Defiant Few like you did with Tarr? I personally would love to see 7th legion and gunslinger boxes there.

xXxDSMer
03-28-2015, 05:47 PM
You mention expedition and heartbreaker's 2% self revive, which is the same thing as hard boiled backpack syn - is that actually going to work on expeditions where you get back 2% of self revive each kill?

And speaking of ego perks... is Self-Medicated going to be any kind of useful during expeditions?

Fuzzy
03-28-2015, 06:04 PM
You mention expedition and heartbreaker's 2% self revive, which is the same thing as hard boiled backpack syn - is that actually going to work on expeditions where you get back 2% of self revive each kill?

And speaking of ego perks... is Self-Medicated going to be any kind of useful during expeditions?

To both of your answers, yes.
It gives you back 2% of your self-revive on a kill (but you have to land the killshot, so in a group of 4, that can be hard. Plus, enemies take long to kill on high tier rounds)
Self-Medicated reduces the recharge time of your self-revive from 300secs to 135secs.

Chump Norris
03-28-2015, 06:58 PM
I don't buy #9...the real death penalty doesn't mean much if you are willing to spend enough real cash. I'm not a fan of trying to make money off of people reviving teammates but whatever.

Meee
03-28-2015, 09:25 PM
It gives you back 2% of your self-revive on a kill (but you have to land the killshot, so in a group of 4, that can be hard. Plus, enemies take long to kill on high tier rounds)
Self-Medicated reduces the recharge time of your self-revive from 300secs to 135secs.

And then if these numbers are accurate then I'd imagine with a survivor ark on the recharge would drop to 75 seconds on shield break . Sounds like staying alive for 75 seconds with a high cap shield and syphon weapons shouldn't be too hard for most.

xXxDSMer
03-28-2015, 10:51 PM

Isn't it to where if you go down a second time you have to spend a requisition or whatever to get back up?
Unless someone else spends their self revive to pick you up.
Unless unless something's changed lol

In order for a 45% reduction to work, there'd have to be something to reduce (as in a self revive charge rate which is normally 300sec)... if self revive doesn't recover on its own in expedition, then the bar's not moving, so there's no charge rate to reduce
I do hope I'm thinking wrong on this paragraph though, as self medicated is one of my favorite ego perks, and they did say they considered different ego builds when designing the new content

Atticus Batman
03-29-2015, 12:30 AM
Isn't it to where if you go down a second time you have to spend a requisition or whatever to get back up?
Unless someone else spends their self revive to pick you up.
Unless unless something's changed lol

In order for a 45% reduction to work, there'd have to be something to reduce (as in a self revive charge rate which is normally 300sec)... if self revive doesn't recover on its own in expedition, then the bar's not moving, so there's no charge rate to reduce
I do hope I'm thinking wrong on this paragraph though, as self medicated is one of my favorite ego perks, and they did say they considered different ego builds when designing the new content

Your self revive does recover in expeditons and no it hasn't changed. (as far as i know) They have always said it would recover. However if you go down and do not currently have a self revive, then you either have to use a hunter req or hope somebody uses their self revive to get you. And then hope you do not go down again until your self revive has recharged.

{SNIP}
Also, keep in mind that you don't get just one revive to use (which it sounds like you're hinting at). Your revive refreshes on the normal timer and can be used anytime its up. You really only get into trouble if you, and others in your group, are dying faster than it refreshes.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?208793-Alcatraz-update-and-player-reviving&p=1730204&viewfull=1#post1730204

{EDIT} Ok I looked at Defiancedata to see what is said there on it and can see the confusion. It appears Defiancedata.com has it worded badly and they need to change the wording.

Currently on defiancedata.com on this page http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=504#spending It says:

If you die more than once and none of your group mates can revive you, you can choose to revive yourself with one Hunter Req.

Fuzzy/Etaew perhaps that should be chage to the following? :

If you die while your self-revive is on cool-down and none of your group mates can revive you, you can choose to revive yourself with one Hunter Req.

Fuzzy
03-29-2015, 04:08 AM
snip

Thanks for the heads-up, Batman. Now that you point it out, it sounds confusing. I'll change it :)

xXxDSMer
03-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Some very nice clarifications have came from my rather analytical mind's questions (and perhaps a slight hint of "devil's advocate" lol).
Vedy nice, and I will be running self medicated on expeditions (same as I run it just about everywhere)

Atticus Batman
03-29-2015, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Batman. Now that you point it out, it sounds confusing. I'll change it :)

You are very welcome Fuzzy. Sorry if it came across wrong though.

DEATHBRINGER210
03-29-2015, 04:31 PM
so when we get booted we lose our hunter reg

Fuzzy
03-29-2015, 04:32 PM
so when we get booted we lose our hunter reg

You will be able to continue your expedition when you get booted.

xXxDSMer
03-29-2015, 04:57 PM
IIRC (and last I'd heard anything about it. DISCLAIMER: this may not be the most recent info/version lol):

There's a 30 minute timer that counts down whether online or not, and before that 30min runs out - you can still get back into that expedition without having to spend another req to re-enter / start another

Bentu
03-30-2015, 09:55 AM
Bentu: Can you add an indicator to a downed player that tells others around them if they have a self revival available?

That sounds pretty interesting we will look into how easy or difficult this will be to implement.

Thanks for the answer, hope you're able to do something. Maybe the revive icon (X on xbox) could be made to glow if they have a self revive.

Tex_Arcana
03-30-2015, 10:54 AM
Re: Question 6.
Glad to see there's some consideration being put toward what are the iconic events in this game.

DEATHBRINGER210
03-31-2015, 10:12 AM
You will be able to continue your expedition when you get booted.

has a whole group been booted at the same time?

DEATHBRINGER210
03-31-2015, 10:13 AM
what happen to all the plate slicer ars ,smgs ,lmgs ,boomers ,rest of the infectors ,and rockets?

Fuzzy
03-31-2015, 10:22 AM
has a whole group been booted at the same time?

If that happens, you cannot continue the SAME round but you still will be able to continue an expedition from the start of a new round.