PDA

View Full Version : Best Chimera weapons & is the Antaeus good?

kgersen
03-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Well, until now, I've spent all of my cores on t5 mods and it may be time to invest in some weapons. I'm thinking Chimera because I'm not really one to chase down unicorn items & the chances of getting full syn modded Purge weapons that I like or jackpot items that are well suited for expeditions is pretty slim. So syphon/Chimera, with appropriate perks, seems like a reasonable substitute.

I'm thinking Antaeus because my favorite loadout is the basic AR/shotgun, I really like grind fraggers, and my highest damage TACC AR (one of my favorite guns) is a syphon with damage rolls. Smart? Dumb? Well intentioned, but woefully misguided?

Are any other Chimera weapons pretty good, like the Typhon perhaps? I've just gotten into doing the AR/detonator combo (yea, I'm a little behind the curve...) & so the Typhon seems interesting also.

Dreypa
03-28-2015, 08:59 AM
Chimera weapons are rather outdated according to its stats. Best to just get t5 mods in my opinion.

Mister Derpenhowser
03-28-2015, 09:27 AM
That shotty is pretty good, and the AR in paradise is also good. The rest all seem pretty meh tbh

kgersen
03-28-2015, 09:47 AM
That shotty is pretty good, and the AR in paradise is also good. The rest all seem pretty meh tbh

Yeah, I made my own "Perforator" by taking a blue EMC Service Rifle & upgrading it (before the encryption thing...), got lucky with the orange roll (1.10 Damage) & am pretty happy with it.

Andy Badgrass
03-28-2015, 09:57 AM
I absolutely love the Antaeus, if you invest in it I highly advise the speed reloader and I mastered it for +8 mag because at 13 its a little lacking but you can't afford to use expanded mag because it loads 1 shell instead of 4 (with speed loader) at a time. Overall like I said I enjoy the gun greatly there's just some adversities you need to overcome to use it but really just make it your own.

cmpowell
03-28-2015, 11:40 AM
I absolutely love the Antaeus, if you invest in it I highly advise the speed reloader and I mastered it for +8 mag because at 13 its a little lacking but you can't afford to use expanded mag because it loads 1 shell instead of 4 (with speed loader) at a time. Overall like I said I enjoy the gun greatly there's just some adversities you need to overcome to use it but really just make it your own.

I concur. It's a fun weapon

Logain
03-29-2015, 09:07 AM
I like the typhon as well if you don't have a good boomer. But agree that the Chimera and Paradise weapons need a MK2 update to compete with the new weapon rolls.

Smokey Black
03-29-2015, 09:54 AM
pick up an empousa and throw a rad converter mag on it, boom dc 11 piper.

And I like the purp roll on the empousa, ego on reload.

WhiteStrike
03-29-2015, 10:46 AM
pick up an empousa and throw a rad converter mag on it, boom dc 11 piper.

And I like the purp roll on the empousa, ego on reload.

The Piper is way better.

Smokey Black
03-29-2015, 01:15 PM
The Piper is way better.

They have the same mag size
similar damage
both have oj damage rolls.

Only difference is empousa gives you ego on reload where dc11 has less recoil. and I shoot my blast rifles from the hip

dremora ven0m
03-29-2015, 01:21 PM
similar damage

Only difference is empousa gives you ego on reload where dc11 has less recoil. and I shoot my blast rifles from the hip

I shoot my piper from the hip, shes a beast v volge. T5 power bore & stab sight with rapid reload hell yeah! I use that more than my dancing stripper!

WhiteStrike
03-29-2015, 03:53 PM
similar damage

Piper has an extra 0.03 Fire Rate,extra damage(Piper has a manufacturer's bonus of +5% damage and fire rate),an inferior mag(Empousa has 2 extra bullets)but since the Empousa spent its mag slot on a converter the Piper can attain a superior mag;much better reload and the Piper also processes the ability to get to -0.03 Bloom.Tell me,how is a converted Empousa a Piper,gentleman?

Tex_Arcana
03-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I made my own "Perforator" by taking a blue EMC Service Rifle & upgrading it (before the encryption thing...), got lucky with the orange roll (1.10 Damage) & am pretty happy with it.
Except you don't get the Perforator's wonderful damage mitigation bubble which is not on the card; but does exist AND work.
Honestly: The only weapon from either Chimera or Paradise worth it's weight atm is the Perforator.

WhiteStrike
03-29-2015, 05:14 PM
Except you don't get the Perforator's wonderful damage mitigation bubble which is not on the card; but does exist AND work.
Honestly: The only weapon from either Chimera or Paradise worth it's weight atm is the Perforator.
What do you mean?I'm curious now.

Festival
03-29-2015, 05:21 PM
What do you mean?I'm curious now.

The Perforator procs a "honeycomb" shield (like the one from a Spanner Protector, only it seems a bit less visually obtrusive), plus if you have all four T5 mods, you get a +30 movement bonus for 5 seconds after a critical kill. My main's go-to primary weapon on her "serious business" loadout...

Tex_Arcana
03-29-2015, 05:23 PM
The Perforator procs a "honeycomb" shield (like the one from a Spanner Protector, only it seems a bit less visually obtrusive), plus if you have all four T5 mods, you get a +30 movement bonus for 5 seconds after a critical kill. My main's go-to primary weapon on her "serious business" loadout...
This.
Love the Perforator. Probably the best first OJ AR (If not one of the best AR's) that ANYONE can get without events/spending a lot of scrip there is.

WhiteStrike
03-29-2015, 05:42 PM
This.
Love the Perforator. Probably the best first OJ AR (If not one of the best AR's) that ANYONE can get without events/spending a lot of scrip there is.

This is interesting.Can't wait for the mk2 version of it.

Tex_Arcana
03-30-2015, 10:15 AM
This is interesting.Can't wait for the mk2 version of it.

Myself as well. We'll see if it measures up.