PDA

View Full Version : Non-tradeable weekly weapons are a good thing

Horror Stories
03-29-2015, 03:17 PM
I've seen a lot of people getting mad over this issue, but I think it was the right decision to make.

People like me who only have 2 characters on 1 account have no problem with this, as it barely affects us. When I say people like me, I mean the casual players who don't spend every waking minute farming for a collection of dozens of named weapons. Am I happy about this lock being put in place? No, but I am not against it as I see why it was put in place. Named weapons are rare and are meant to be rare, I think that's where people get it confused. Since some people end events with dozens upon dozens of named weapons from alt farming, they seem to be not as rare, so people feel more entitled to get them more commonly. The people who are getting mad are the people who have abused this for months and caused this to be put in place. So many people I know have several different accounts they use solely for farming 20-40+ weekly contract weapons from these types of events. If 10 people are each given a different rare weapon, then each of those weapons are in demand. If 10 people are given different weapons then 3 of those 10 people find a way to get 20 more rare weapons each, then the demand for those weapons drops quite a bit. I'm sure this post will have lots of different feedback, negative and positive.

I don't have any more luck than the next player, I spent hundreds of hours farming CC like so many others only to end up with just a single named weapon drop(Precious). I didn't have luck from weekly contracts either as I got duplicate cupids arrows(worthless). I use my 2nd character to funnel in an extra named weapon per week from contract like everyone else, and sure that fails a lot too as it often gives a bad weapon. This post and this non-tradeable function are specifically aimed at people who have a dozen+ toons and are long time abusers of alt farming Is alt farming easy? No, it's actually quite time consuming and difficult. Because even if you have 5 different gamertags(xbox), you have to at least have 1 toon on each gamertag above 4k or so ego to reap the rewards of using the claims glitch to get high ego named weapons across all accounts. I am quite shocked to realize that Trion actually allows alt farming as a legal practice. Most every other MMO out their prohibits players from interacting with a main account from alt accounts in order to gain benefits otherwise unavailable.

To the people who are mad over this, you are probably a contributor to this restriction having to be placed. Suck it up and move on. Why is it so hard for people to play the game without abusing and exploiting? Sure Trion has been VERY lenient on people who have abused functions like this, but that doesn't give anyone the go-a-head to abuse it.

So to sum it up. I am not entirely unhappy but I am not as angry about this non-tradeable function being put in place as other players, but people have to understand it was put it for a good reason. To prevent abuse for a few select bad apples who refuse to play the game properly. Many people are saying that this function was put in place to force players hands at buying lockboxes in order to get the named weapons they want, and to a small extent that is probably true. But guess what my lovable peaches, running a game costs money. Since the game went F2P, Trion needs all the money they can get. Was this a smart way to go about making money? Absolutely not. In fact, the last several big decisions made by Trion have had more negative than positive impacts on the Defiance community.

Alastar
03-29-2015, 03:34 PM
The problem I have (yes I'm one of the people who disagrees with this move and has not made numerous characters to farm) is that they're effectively cutting off the supply and people are likely going to use that an excuse to drive up ridiculous prices even higher than before. Never mind that regardless of what they say it LOOKS a lot like an attempt to drive people into the store to waste money on boxes. They certainly aren't doing it to make sure everyone has a better chance to get what they want. Also for people saying that everyone who abused it was just doing it to gouge people for every scrip they could well that's not true. Certainly there were many doing that, that's part of the ever so glorious player market. But many people were doing it so they could get stuff people wanted to them at reasonable prices (even better for clannies and friends.) Make of that what you will that's my 217cents on the subject :)

Ray8888
03-29-2015, 03:35 PM
There are already TWO threads about this. Both still on the first page. Why not just contribute to one of the active discussions?

KILLSHOT707
03-29-2015, 03:41 PM
So, farming is an exploit?

TriGlav 2000
03-29-2015, 03:42 PM
If you can buy extra character slots, it means that everyone who bought them, is abusing the system?

konstantinov
03-29-2015, 03:45 PM
I honestly don't mind the weekly presents being account locked. The prices of the original named weapons will go through the roof as well as the mk2 versions from arkfalls and bit store boxes. It's an excellent marketing strategy by Trion and bit sales will be higher than ever.

Alastar
03-29-2015, 03:49 PM
Only if enough people drink the bit store gamble koolaide. But let's be honest They will. Lol

TNO
03-29-2015, 03:49 PM
People like me who only have 2 characters on 1 account have no problem with this, as it barely affects us.

I disagree, I think this will affect you the most as your chances are slim to ever get your dream named weapon.

TNO
03-29-2015, 03:52 PM
It's an excellent marketing strategy by Trion and bit sales will be higher than ever.

This exactly. I am amazed that some people think this change has anything to do with the ingame economy

Holy Bahamut3
03-29-2015, 03:53 PM
The problem I have (yes I'm one of the people who disagrees with this move and has not made numerous characters to farm) is that they're effectively cutting off the supply and people are likely going to use that an excuse to drive up ridiculous prices even higher than before. Never mind that regardless of what they say it LOOKS a lot like an attempt to drive people into the store to waste money on boxes. They certainly aren't doing it to make sure everyone has a better chance to get what they want. Also for people saying that everyone who abused it was just doing it to gouge people for every scrip they could well that's not true. Certainly there were many doing that, that's part of the ever so glorious player market. But many people were doing it so they could get stuff people wanted to them at reasonable prices (even better for clannies and friends.) Make of that what you will that's my 217cents on the subject :)

^This pretty much. People in my clan getting duplicates were the reason I have all but one of the heartbreaker weapons. They charged reasonable prices for them, one I got for free :-).

Peoples opinions will vary depending on platform, clan, and friends. Don't call everyone that has a varying opinion an exploiter, its just bad policy...

Claydough
03-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Its a good idea. It puts value back into jackpot weapons like they should be.

I ahouldnt be vendoring jackpots because i cant even give them away in zone chat...

I wonder what would happen if i offered a free wolfman or witch hexer in zone chat???

Farming the jackpots is not an exploit, i dont think that it ever was called an exploit. Its just somthing the devs do not want us to do anymore. Do you really think its the devs idea for every player to have every named weapon from the event.
Besides, you can still farm them, you just wont be able to swap your doubles. I have no doubt i can still get the majority of the mk2 versions.

Fisherman Joe
03-29-2015, 04:59 PM
I don't have the best luck getting good weekly pulls from the events. The good guns I have I have bought from others. That's my concern over this change. You cannot buy good weekly guns from others to get the ones you've been missing/wanting.

Horror Stories
03-29-2015, 05:01 PM
@TNO You're saying because you can't put in the time to farm and/or trade for the weapon you want, that makes it okay to to just pull it for free in a cheap way?

@Holy Good for you that your clan gives you named weapons, but that is not a common case. So you got a reasonable price? Good for you. The xbox 360 named weapon player market is a complete joke. Not a single item is worth over 10 million scrip in Defiance, yet people charge over 20 million for some just because a few moneybags are willing to throw that much scrip around. I heard the drop rate for this event was boosted a good amount, but regardless players will still be trying to scam others hour after hour for the MK II weapons. Now that the original named weapons can't be gotten anymore, bet on people who have them taking it upon themselves to raise the price of them drastically just because they feel they are entitled to that much scrip.

My problem is not with people purchasing extra character slots to get weapons as that is a legitimate function in the game. Although locking the weekly contract weapons is kinda pointless if Trion is still going to let players use the claims glitch. My problem is when players make several different accounts with 4 characters on each account in order to farm weapons and boost one character on one account unfairly. It's a shame I can't name the players here, but I know several several people on xbox 360 NA that have 10-20 characters each so they can farm all these weekly contract weapons and transfer them all to 1 character on their main account to sell and make millions of scrip they shouldn't be making. <- This is what this post is mainly about, is those few scumbags. If you only have 2 characters and want to transfer 2 or 3 named items to your main then go ahead, it's not giving you any big advantages. But getting 40 free named weapons per event, that's when trion needs to step in and shut that down. Call it what you want, I call having 20 different characters to farm contract weapons for 1 accounts benefit cheating.

Isn't using multiple accounts against the ToS? Having two accounts that have no contact with each other isn't, but a majority of games state that having alt accounts that are used to boost a main account is against the rules.

anemic crowd
03-29-2015, 05:03 PM
I guarantee this change will drive some players to not play this event much or at all and possibly even drive them from the game completely.

Alastar
03-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Lemme just say I disagree that that's boosting unfairly. If you ha e the patience to play this game through all the discos and lag that's about to slap us all in the face you deserve every pull lmao. I find it difficult enough just to come back and play one character. 20 is some serious dedication to defiance and or love.

Chump Norris
03-29-2015, 05:07 PM
I wont mind it until I pull 3 of the same thing and have to vendor the spares.

TriGlav 2000
03-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Isn't using multiple accounts against the ToS? Having two accounts that have no contact with each other isn't, but a majority of games state that having alt accounts that are used to boost a main account is against the rules.
No, it is not against the ToS if you have multiple accounts.

Lemme just say I disagree that that's boosting unfairly. If you have the patience to play this game through all the discos and lag that's about to slap us all in the face you deserve every pull lmao. I find it difficult enough just to come back and play one character. 20 is some serious dedication to defiance and or love.
And this.

WhiteStrike
03-29-2015, 05:16 PM
I wont mind it until I pull 3 of the same thing and have to vendor the spares.

I normally try different mod combos with the spates that I get.

ShatterST4R
03-29-2015, 05:18 PM
Its a good idea. It puts value back into jackpot weapons like they should be.

I ahouldnt be vendoring jackpots because i cant even give them away in zone chat...

I wonder what would happen if i offered a free wolfman or witch hexer in zone chat???

Farming the jackpots is not an exploit, i dont think that it ever was called an exploit. Its just somthing the devs do not want us to do anymore. Do you really think its the devs idea for every player to have every named weapon from the event.
Besides, you can still farm them, you just wont be able to swap your doubles. I have no doubt i can still get the majority of the mk2 versions.

It doesn't affect the prices actually. Because how many people are going to non trade able jackpots? Exactly.

Adage
03-29-2015, 05:32 PM
I heard the drop rate for this event was boosted a good amount...

Where did you hear that?

Gai
03-29-2015, 05:50 PM
It doesn't affect the prices actually. Because how many people are going to non trade able jackpots? Exactly.

It will, I'm gonna be selling all my mk2 drops for 7m+ :)

Mister Derpenhowser
03-29-2015, 05:53 PM
Where did you hear that?

Probably hearsay that they have taken as fact

xXxDSMer
03-29-2015, 06:03 PM
I honestly don't mind the weekly presents being account locked. The prices of the original named weapons will go through the roof as well as the mk2 versions from arkfalls and bit store boxes. It's an excellent marketing strategy by Trion and bit sales will be higher than ever.

One problem with the underlined part of the quote: they're not account locked, they're character locked. Even if the thing with an alt's full inventory is done to push the reward into claim items: when it's taken out of claim items, it'll be that character's forever... since untradeable it'd be impossible to move it to another of your own characters later.

And it's a bad thing, really. If I happen to get a weekly box jackpot weapon that I really don't like, but a friend really does like - and vice versa for a friend - the disliked weapons can't be traded to get the liked weapons.

Chump Norris
03-29-2015, 06:07 PM
One problem with the underlined part of the quote: they're not account locked, they're character locked. Even if the thing with an alt's full inventory is done to push the reward into claim items: when it's taken out of claim items, it'll be that character's forever... since untradeable it'd be impossible to move it to another of your own characters later.

I always wanted an option to send things to claims for an hour or so for transferring items between characters. It would solve the problem you just described.

wjssmith
03-29-2015, 06:55 PM
So you can buy weapons and shields from other players or receive them as a gift and that's ok. But if you pull them from claims that's cheating? I honestly do not see the difference other than enriching some other player. Lets be honest everything you get at low ego is trash and 90% of what you get at high ego is trash. However, the high ego trash is a treasure for your low ego toon. I can see where trion would be upset as it only cost 1 arkforge to downgrade but up to 25 to level up an oj. But I can't understand all of the upset by some players. Honestly you could pass things to a clan mate and then on to your low ego toon or vice versa and it would be perceived as fair and would amount to the same thing as pulling them from claims. As far as named weapons go, this seems an easy fix, simply set ego to the "winning" toons ego level when it goes to claims the same as every other item and then it would eliminate the incentive to farm for these weapons with low ego toons with full inventorys. Just my 2 cents worth.

TNO
03-29-2015, 06:58 PM
@TNO You're saying because you can't put in the time to farm and/or trade for the weapon you want, that makes it okay to to just pull it for free in a cheap way?

If we were playing on the same server you would now that not a lot of players are putting the time in that I do.
The thing is that with this change playing a lot will get you nowhere. Everything is reduced to pure luck.

Ray8888
03-29-2015, 07:15 PM
Because how many people are going to non trade able jackpots? Exactly.

Exactly. More than two?

ShatterST4R
03-29-2015, 07:26 PM
Exactly. More than two?

Just because they aren't trade able won't increase value on some because many people still may pull one or more types. So it just depends on how many of whichever get pulled Lol. Even if there are a lot of MKII untradeables out there, price won't be insane due to more people having one they want.(even if untradeable.)

Ray8888
03-29-2015, 07:30 PM
Because how many people are going to non trade able jackpots? Exactly.

How many people are going to what? Im confused.

Claydough
03-29-2015, 07:34 PM

it does as normal jackpot drops are tradable therefore, just as valuable as before.

if I don't score myself a wolfman mk2, im expecting to have to give up some very good weapon some a good lot of scrip to be able to buy a genuine wolfman mk2

ShatterST4R
03-29-2015, 07:50 PM
How many people are going to what? Im confused.

How many people are gonna have non trade able jackpots that they want? I'm guessing quote a few untradeable com paired to tradeables. What I'm saying is, I don't expect the trade able ones to be worth a whole lot due to being able to still farm multiples even if not tradeable.

Claydough
03-29-2015, 08:07 PM
How many people are gonna have non trade able jackpots that they want? I'm guessing quote a few untradeable com paired to tradeables. What I'm saying is, I don't expect the trade able ones to be worth a whole lot due to being able to still farm multiples even if not tradeable.

there will be a market, there's a huge list of available weapons, even with a lot of toons people wont get everything they want.

SUPREEM
03-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Farming is not an exploit. Like others have stated, this is all about trions bottom line: Sell more bitstore boxes. Also, if you agree to the change, please don't whine on the forum about how you wasted a week or 2 after being gifted a duplicate.

Cyripax NeoPrime
03-29-2015, 11:38 PM
I've seen a lot of people getting mad over this issue, but I think it was the right decision to make.

People like me who only have 2 characters on 1 account have no problem with this, as it barely affects us. The people who are getting mad are the people who have abused this for months and caused this to be put in place. So many people I know have several different accounts they use solely for farming 20-40+ weekly contract weapons from these types of events. If 10 people are each given a different rare weapon, then each of those weapons are in demand. If 10 people are given different weapons then 3 of those 10 people find a way to get 20 more rare weapons each, then the demand for those weapons drops quite a bit. I'm sure this post will have lots of different feedback, negative and positive.

To the people who are mad over this, you are probably a contributor to this restriction having to be placed. Suck it up and move on. Why is it so hard for people to play the game without abusing and exploiting? Sure Trion has been VERY lenient on people who have abused functions like this, but that doesn't give anyone the go-a-head to abuse it.

Unfortunately your grouping everybody who doesnt agree together. I have all 6 toons in use(only 2 are my mains that i use regularly)so i can have a better chance to get the weapons i want on my main toons. Without having to spend countless hours saving scrip for the market and hunting them down. IM not a seller. Once in a while ill sell some items, and give away alot for free. I know how hard it is to find what you want and like to pay it forward sometimes. Im not a scrip hoarder, i DONT EVEN HAVE 100,000scrip and consider myself a casual player these days. The only time i put in 8hrs a day is DURING THESE EVENTS so i can try to get what i want.
Hell i EVEN went out and bought a second PS3 so i could trade items between my characters since i DONT TRUST anybody on ps3 right now to help me move Named OJs to my other characters. Theres a trade glitch that ppl are using to steal from others and even tho trion knows about it theres been no word on a fix. Theres important things like this and trion CHOOSES to take away trading of nameds from weeklies??

I spend 50 to 100$ on bits everytime theres an event REGARDLESS so trions getting thier share from me. But Now with this decision to drive us toward the bitstore boxes with no other option but the market if we dont get what we wanted from the weeklies or drops they may not see another cent from me.

Last 4 events total hours played: 480 roughly
4 events, 8hrs a day, for the 15 days they ran

Total lockboxes bought: 157$ worth roughly (and they were discounted to 200bits each) so more than you think

Total arkfalls: countless

Named weapons: a single DC5 dropped from an arkfall to my level 50 alt while doing its weekly. 4 events and all that i listed, nothing from 157$ of lockboxes except back to vendor items, only 1 named drop during all 4 events AND IT WENT TO MY ALT. Now if "This NEW Plan" was in effect, i would never had gotten that to my main for use.

The only way ive gotten anything worthwhile besides that is SS and CC weeklies. BUT
My 1st main got 2 final caresses, my other main got 2 thorny roses.
Now i traded 1 and 1 between them, so both my mains now have 1 of each. GUESS WHAT ......Cant do that now! Cant even trade em to get what you want now (lord knows NOTHING ever drops from arkfalls so forget that) the rng is a cold bit$#.
Same thing happened during solstice

But having alts to do the weeklies and act as mules (since my inventories are maxed at 400) i was able to get a couple items i wanted and it gives us a better chance to get those items. Do you enjoy having to save anywheres from 2 to 10mil depending to get the item your after??? Some of us cant play 8hrs every day of our lives. This was underhanded and not necessary.

Sure theres ppl that abuse it and do it to get stuff to sell. But thats not everybody, and the ppl like me are mad too. Hell ill even say its thier right. Its an mmo with an economy(an unregulated shytty one, so why is all of a sudden the need to regulate this pop up????) COUGH COUGH::lockbox sales::cOUGH . Trion gave them 6 character slots, and the rng is sh$t. but all a dev has to do is drop the "not as intended ball". But some of us see those alts as a way to make things easier on ourselves, not monopolize.

Looks like im going to have to make sure all my inventories are full when claiming my weekly rewards this event. Thats the only way i can assure they go to my main. Sad to have to resort to crap like this because of a poor decision. They think this is going to help the economy?????????
Garaunteed all the tradeable named weapons go up in price now. Even though they really shouldnt, they will.

SilverWF
03-29-2015, 11:47 PM
People like me who only have 2 characters on 1 account have no problem with this, as it barely affects us.

This is bullsh*t!
I have 2 toons too and if I wouldn't lucky to pull my own named, so I wouldn't be able to trade with another players for my desired named guns too. Or this guns will be extremely expensive.

ARB82
03-30-2015, 01:14 AM
So you can buy weapons and shields from other players or receive them as a gift and that's ok. But if you pull them from claims that's cheating? I honestly do not see the difference other than enriching some other player. Lets be honest everything you get at low ego is trash and 90% of what you get at high ego is trash. However, the high ego trash is a treasure for your low ego toon. I can see where trion would be upset as it only cost 1 arkforge to downgrade but up to 25 to level up an oj. But I can't understand all of the upset by some players. Honestly you could pass things to a clan mate and then on to your low ego toon or vice versa and it would be perceived as fair and would amount to the same thing as pulling them from claims. As far as named weapons go, this seems an easy fix, simply set ego to the "winning" toons ego level when it goes to claims the same as every other item and then it would eliminate the incentive to farm for these weapons with low ego toons with full inventorys. Just my 2 cents worth.

One mans trash is another mans treasure, most don't like the FRC Big Boomer because the normal Big Boomer is "Better", statistically thats probable, but I have an FRC with excellent roles that would give most Big Boomers a run for their money. Its all about what any given player likes and doesn't like that makes it trash to them.

90% isn't a valid statistic.

tarmim
03-30-2015, 01:24 AM
This non-tradeable jp thing is BS.
If you dont get the naned gun you want, you cant sell or trade it for one that you like, youre screwed.
Im screwed with my bad luck. Last event got duplicate cupid arrows.

konstantinov
03-30-2015, 03:01 AM
You can't get "ripped off" by others if you can't trade the weaps. Guys, you still don't realize all your boohooing is why the these JPs will be untradeable. All of the threads about getting ripped off or being too expensive is the deciding factor. Again, just shows how people are unhappy with free handouts unless they can take advantage of another person dumber than them (quite a feat actually). Crybabies unite because you don't understand how to make a profit while running a business.

Crying about zaggers-> Zagger nerf-> Reload nerf -> Everything on reload nerf <--Crying about crying

Crying about prices and ripoffs ->Weekly JPs untradeable ->More bit sales ->Angry nerds <- Crying about crying

Dixie Cougar
03-30-2015, 03:17 AM
You can't get "ripped off" by others if you can't trade the weaps. Guys, you still don't realize all your boohooing is why the these JPs will be untradeable. All of the threads about getting ripped off or being too expensive is the deciding factor. Again, just shows how people are unhappy with free handouts unless they can take advantage of another person dumber than them (quite a feat actually). Crybabies unite because you don't understand how to make a profit while running a business.

Crying about zaggers-> Zagger nerf-> Reload nerf -> Everything on reload nerf <--Crying about crying

Crying about prices and ripoffs ->Weekly JPs untradeable ->More bit sales ->Angry nerds <- Crying about crying

So some idiots don't understand basic economics and now we're getting RNG hosed. Worst of both worlds.

konstantinov
03-30-2015, 03:29 AM
So some idiots don't understand basic economics and now we're getting RNG hosed. Worst of both worlds.

People are so ungrateful for free things.

Dixie Cougar
03-30-2015, 03:40 AM
People are so ungrateful for free things.

Nobody who has ever put money into the game is obligated to be grateful for anything. They're customers, not charity recipients.

Being 'grateful' for free guns in Defiance makes about as much sense as being 'grateful' for loss leader milk at the supermarket. You can like it, think better of the store for it, recognize the good done by it, appreciate the staff who make it happen. But to be grateful to a business entity? Puhleeze.

konstantinov
03-30-2015, 04:03 AM
Nobody who has ever put money into the game is obligated to be grateful for anything. They're customers, not charity recipients.

Being 'grateful' for free guns in Defiance makes about as much sense as being 'grateful' for loss leader milk at the supermarket. You can like it, think better of the store for it, recognize the good done by it, appreciate the staff who make it happen. But to be grateful to a business entity? Puhleeze.

Besides buying the game and season pass what is the game costing you each month? Nothing, so a $100 investment for 2 years worth is about the price of your cell phone bill each month. So yes, ungrateful is the right terminology here.

*this does not include money spent on bits.

WhiteStrike
03-30-2015, 04:12 AM

People will always whine about something. I bet you a Big Mac that people will whine that Expedtions are too hard(they aren't as hard as some people say,they are just hard for people who like to Rambo).

Burned In Effigy
03-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Losing a lot of ripoff artists in defiance sounds like s win win to me.

Doomsteel
03-30-2015, 10:18 AM
There are already TWO threads about this. Both still on the first page. Why not just contribute to one of the active discussions?

Why should we? just because you don,t know how to navigate the forums?

Niner82
03-30-2015, 11:12 AM

Your such a "Fanboy", lol. That's what I got called when I tried to point this out. It's like beating your head against a brick wall, they are still going to argue even though it's done. They still think complaining about it is gonna get them somewhere, when Rashere said it wasn't a permanent fix, just temporary.

Bonehead
03-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Funny...

I would never have come up with "fanboy" for Kon.

Nope. Can't see it.

Niner82
03-30-2015, 11:16 AM
I guarantee this change will drive some players to not play this event much or at all and possibly even drive them from the game completely.
Better server stability YEAH!

Niner82
03-30-2015, 11:18 AM
Funny...

I would never have come up with "fanboy" for Kon.

Nope. Can't see it.
I was being sarcastic, that's what I got called for arguing about the same thing, lol.

Ray8888
03-30-2015, 11:21 AM
Why should we? just because you don,t know how to navigate the forums?
Lol is it opposite day?

Gai
03-30-2015, 11:23 AM
Better server stability YEAH!

Less players is never a good thing lol, this game isn't that popular to begin with.

Reinth
03-30-2015, 11:32 AM
It's a shame I can't name the players here, but I know several several people on xbox 360 NA that have 10-20 characters each so they can farm all these weekly contract weapons and transfer them all to 1 character on their main account to sell and make millions of scrip they shouldn't be making. <- This is what this post is mainly about, is those few scumbags. If you only have 2 characters and want to transfer 2 or 3 named items to your main then go ahead, it's not giving you any big advantages. But getting 40 free named weapons per event, that's when trion needs to step in and shut that down. Call it what you want, I call having 20 different characters to farm contract weapons for 1 accounts benefit cheating.

Welcome to MMOFPS, so are you mad because someone who played harder than you, who is probably got divorced by their wife or their dogs died from starving because they spent too much time farming their *** off on the game? And for your information, what they do are not anywhere around exploitation rather than putting more time and effort to spend countless boring farming.

There are the hardcores, and there are the casual noobs who rant (out of jealousy?) because someone else worked harder & smarter and got better.

Bonehead
03-30-2015, 11:34 AM
I was being sarcastic, that's what I got called for arguing about the same thing, lol.

I should have known!

wjssmith
03-30-2015, 11:40 AM
One mans trash is another mans treasure, most don't like the FRC Big Boomer because the normal Big Boomer is "Better", statistically thats probable, but I have an FRC with excellent roles that would give most Big Boomers a run for their money. Its all about what any given player likes and doesn't like that makes it trash to them.

90% isn't a valid statistic.

lol, yeah this wasn't meant to be a "valid" statistic. Rather, it was meant to illistrate a point. Truthfully, 99% of all the boxes I pull are 100% trash that goes back in the vendor or to my low ego toon. The point being that pulling items from claims is the same as trading with other players, you're just cutting out the middleman and trading with yourself.

Niner82
03-30-2015, 11:41 AM
I should have known!
I actually agree with Kon on that subject. I know he isn't a Fanboy by any means. He just says what he thinks like me lol.

Niner82
03-30-2015, 11:44 AM
Less players is never a good thing lol, this game isn't that popular to begin with.
Tell that to the players who wanna rage quit because of a temporary tweak to the game, lol.

Bonehead
03-30-2015, 11:45 AM
I actually agree with Kon on that subject. I know he isn't a Fanboy by any means. He just says what he thinks like me lol.

A heavy cross you and he bear well imho.

Burned In Effigy
03-30-2015, 11:46 AM
Hopefully these ppl leaving over this subject will help clean up the zone bull. I mean come on......

Bonehead
03-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Hopefully these ppl leaving over this subject will help clean up the zone bull. I mean come on......

It's not too bad on PC/NA most of the time.

At worst, it's just a couple you have to mute...

Giren
03-30-2015, 11:55 AM
Honestly I could careless about. But if this is their attempt to stop people from price gauging they are wrong. Look at the valentine day event. Even the rare jackpot weapons were reasonably priced if you went to a decent seller. There will always be price gauging. But as stated earlier this is a marketing ploy by trion to get people to use the bit store. I know I won't be using it. If I do use money in a mmo it will be on neverwinter which is a free mmo that releases tonight on the xbox one.

bigbri2k5
03-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Despite the fact I missed the last 3 events due to hospitalization and consequently have no named weapons I don't have a problem with this change.
Trion didn't have to add named weapons as weekly gifts. They could have given us random drops but they didn't, they gave us named weapons so everyone could have a shot at them without dropping cash on the bits store. Naturally some players took advantage and farmed full sets of every one and Trion took steps to counter that. I'd much rather they did this than something like tinkering with the way the claims section works since that has much more potential to go horribly wrong.

DEATHBRINGER210
03-31-2015, 10:10 AM
so 3 of the same guns is a good thing. that you cant trade

Holy Bahamut3
03-31-2015, 10:14 AM

^This is my biggest concern, if they would fix this I wouldn't have an issue with it.

konstantinov
03-31-2015, 08:45 PM

Imagine 3 feasters. One with each of the following masteries.

1. EGO on reload
2. DMG
3. Range

Alastar
03-31-2015, 09:48 PM
So I vendor 3 feasters. HUZZAH XD

Dixie Cougar
03-31-2015, 09:59 PM
Besides buying the game and season pass what is the game costing you each month? Nothing, so a $100 investment for 2 years worth is about the price of your cell phone bill each month. So yes, ungrateful is the right terminology here.

*this does not include money spent on bits.

I've been renewing my sub (actually, TWO subs since there are two of us) in 30 day increments just in case since I got back. 180 days is too much of a risk. Rashere said he would try to come up with better solutions in the future so I'll keep it going for now, I guess. Meh. Considering how bad the RNG is, I still consider this talk of 'ungrateful' to be laughable even if you don't sub.

And who on earth pays $100/mo for cell phone service? Jeez that's bad. I haven't paid that much since... ever.

konstantinov
04-01-2015, 02:44 AM
I've been renewing my sub (actually, TWO subs since there are two of us) in 30 day increments just in case since I got back. 180 days is too much of a risk. Rashere said he would try to come up with better solutions in the future so I'll keep it going for now, I guess. Meh. Considering how bad the RNG is, I still consider this talk of 'ungrateful' to be laughable even if you don't sub.

And who on earth pays $100/mo for cell phone service? Jeez that's bad. I haven't paid that much since... ever.

I have the old unlimited plan with AT&T that I've had since 2008.

DEATHBRINGER210
04-01-2015, 03:03 AM
lol with the rng ill get 3 crapshot turkey pumps

TriGlav 2000
04-01-2015, 06:38 AM
I have the old unlimited plan with AT&T that I've had since 2008.
I've cheched how much my phone company charges for unlimited package (only download has to be payed extra), it's 18€, which is about 25$, IMO I think they are ripping you off.

r1p
04-01-2015, 06:55 AM
I've cheched how much my phone company charges for unlimited package (only download has to be payed extra), it's 18€, which is about 25$, IMO I think they are ripping you off.

In the US it's not. Cell phone plans like this that come with unlimited text, talk, and data for a fixed price on a network the size of AT&Ts don't exist here. However, over the last 18 months prices have been trending down while at the same time coverage & services have been trending up so it is likely that sometime in the next 12-18 months this will no longer be the case.

konstantinov
04-01-2015, 10:33 AM

AT&T discontinued the unlimited plan at least a few years ago.