PDA

View Full Version : Wow I have reached a new level of stupidity.

lumpy
04-05-2013, 05:28 AM
So, I finished the main game a few hours ago and decided to switch around my powers, After figuring out a new "build" I noticed something... I have been playing the game completely the wrong way, I assumed when you put points into your perks they automatically affected you I had no Idea that I had to equip them.

Just the thought of how much easier that final boss would have been makes me want to hit my head on a wall.
Anybody else do anything comparably stupid to make me feel better?

kgersen
04-05-2013, 05:34 AM
I did exactly the same thing; figured perks became active once unlocked. Facepalm yesterday, for sure.

AngelPrice
04-05-2013, 06:03 AM
um one sec gona laugh for some hours...

Vertis
04-05-2013, 06:05 AM
same thing here >.> didnt know you had to equip "perks".

HansKisaragi
04-05-2013, 06:06 AM
I'm sorry but all i can do is LOL!

Drakeos99
04-05-2013, 06:16 AM
You cant finish the GAME already have to wait after season 1 TV series start

Exes
04-05-2013, 06:18 AM
You cant finish the GAME already have to wait after season 1 TV series start

You can and many did finish the main quest line. That will probably not get updated for a while unlike the episode missions.

SYN BLACK XS
04-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Should make the 2nd playthrough more interesting ;)

ironhands
04-05-2013, 06:52 AM
I'll admit, I had the same problem during the beta, didn't realize they needed to be equipped until halfway through the second weekend.

Also noticed last night that perk equips can also change on each loadout, wonder how many people are using a different loadout and haven't noticed they have a different perk setup. We've seen a bunch who haven't realized they can't delete/scrap/sell items on a second loadout they didn't know existed.

You're definitely not stupid, they don't draw specific attention to equipping perks in the training level, so it's an obvious oversight for quite a lot of people, and hopefully will be addressed when the UI is modded to be more efficient

Gohlar
04-05-2013, 07:06 AM
I did this as well OP. I was nearly 200 before I figured it out.

Lenko
04-05-2013, 07:15 AM
I knew this beforehand; but I just checked in game.
I forgot to equip my perks.

Ego rating 540.

FML.

Sirile
04-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Where is the like button lol

jonwes
04-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Was there a training level? I wonder if I somehow skipped it. I just started yesterday, and I feel like I was basically just thrown in. I think I figure most of it out and I'm having fun. But it seemed awfully light on in-game tutorials. Basically I land, and then EGO is telling me to get a gun and a grenade, and people started shooting. They didn't tell me how to shoot, how to access menus... any of that.

Delte
04-05-2013, 09:00 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hmmvyUfq9Hc/T_LjwmDrvaI/AAAAAAAAARc/PbMhxSod-uE/s320/2b19ca7442a3537f86a4b1650702902b.gif

It does tell you about them in the tutorial, not very clearly but its there. :D

Dexter
04-05-2013, 09:02 AM
To all of you that didn't notice that you have to equip perks, you probably wont notice any diffrence anyway =)

Snaloe
04-05-2013, 09:03 AM
I spent most of the first day moaning that the free Dodge car we got was bugged.. every time I called it I would get in and I could not make it move.. in the end I made a forum thread about it.

Some one replyed.. You have to get in the DRIVERS side to make it go not the passenger side. Man I felt stupid. :P

Mog
04-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Did none of you guys not notice the equip button at the bottom of the EGO Perks screen? That was how I figured out you need to equip them. Not to mention the perk slots in the loadout screen.

Vertis
04-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Did none of you guys not notice the equip button at the bottom of the EGO Perks screen? That was how I figured out you need to equip them. Not to mention the perk slots in the loadout screen.

It isn't very visible. I mean, its the same color as the background and at the very bottom of the screen. I wouldn't have even bothered investigating if I hadn't been trying to test out Shadowed Strike. The fact that many people missed this means it simply needs more visibility.

Mog
04-05-2013, 09:08 AM
It isn't very visible. I mean, its the same color as the background and at the very bottom of the screen. I wouldn't have even bothered investigating if I hadn't been trying to test out Shadowed Strike. The fact that many people missed this means it simply needs more visibility.

I will give you that but I mean on the loadout page there are perk slots. How can you miss that?

seany1977
04-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Unbelievable. A great reflection of today's gaming community where their only objective is to complete the game as quick as possible without actualy 'playing' the game. It teaches you about perks in the tutorial for gods sake.

You can trade the game now for the next installment of COD.

JBo796
04-05-2013, 09:15 AM
this is new information to me...how do you "equip" powers?

Howitzer
04-05-2013, 09:19 AM
How's this for stupid?

I didn't even realize I could actually customize my character at the start because the menu system has these TEENY LITTLE ICONS at the top left for eyes, face, hair, etc. Move that along to the loadout screen where you see the same thing up at the top left. I swear I would never have noticed these things because the UI is just... I dunno. =\

boosted gear
04-05-2013, 09:19 AM
So, I finished the main game a few hours ago and decided to switch around my powers, After figuring out a new "build" I noticed something... I have been playing the game completely the wrong way, I assumed when you put points into your perks they automatically affected you I had no Idea that I had to equip them.

Just the thought of how much easier that final boss would have been makes me want to hit my head on a wall.

Add me to this list I did this in beta too lol I also made a second load out like another poster mentioned and forgot to change the perks. My mate did the getting in the wrong side of the car trick and would be bewildered when it didnt move I ask him does it always happen on one side only he said yes and then I laughed haha I explained it was the passenger side then we both pissed outlr selves laughing.

Ciannon
04-05-2013, 09:22 AM
When you have no life... you ignore the little things.

EnSaBah Nur
04-05-2013, 09:22 AM

Lol, yea I had the benefit of playing on the PS3 Beta so I figured that out then, it does make a differance.

SleepyPanda
04-05-2013, 03:04 PM
I figured out to equip the perks. What I can't figure out is how to get the training ego points/perks from the codes I redeemed to show in-game. I linked my console but I don't see anything in my perks or inventory.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

*Edit

Never mind. Found out how to do it.